I know many of you here are anxiously waiting for an iPhone 3.0 jailbreak! Firstly, have you updated to iPhone OS 3.0? If you haven’t already, launch iTunes and click “Check for Update” to update to the latest iPhone 3.0 release. iPod Touch users will need to pay $9.95 for this update, if you’re already on iPod Touch 2.2.1 though you can download it without having to pay the $9.95 fee.
The Dev Team recently released redsn0w, at first I was not going to post it here because a lot of users have e-mailed me saying that redsn0w had bugs and it kept crashing for them. I just tried it on both Mac and PC and experienced no problem. As of right now redsn0w only works with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G, and iPod Touch 2G. You can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, however a jailbreak for it has not been released yet!
iPhone 3G users: iPhone 3G users, you can unlock your iPhone 3G 3.0 using ultrasn0w. ultrasn0w is Dev Team’s new unlock for iPhone 3.0. Remember, don’t update to future iPhone 3.0 updates without checking here first if you want to keep your 3G unlock, Apple may permanently block this unlock in their next update.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 with redsn0w (works on Windows/Mac!). Remember to subscribe to the QuickPWN YouTube channel!
Please rate and subscribe if you liked the video!
If you’re having trouble downloading the firmware through iTunes, heare are the direct download links to firmware 3.0:
– Download iPhone 2G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
– Download iPhone 3G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
– Download iPod Touch 2G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
– Download iPod Touch 1G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw )
The new iPhone 3.0 update has 100 new features, including the following:
• Browse and download movies, TV shows and audiobooks from the iTunes Store**
• Stereo Bluetooth*
• Shake to shuffle
• New Voice Memos application*
• Cut, Copy & Paste with shake to undo
• Landscape keyboard in key applications
• Added search feature in Music, Videos, Mail, Calendar and Notes
• Spotlight search across iPod touch
• Improvements to Safari
– HTML 5 support
– HTTP Streaming audio and video
– Auto-fill usernames and passwords
• Wi-Fi auto login
• Sync Notes with a Mac or PC via iTunes
• iTunes account creation and login**
• YouTube account login and access to subscriptions, ratings and favorites**
• More Parental Control options for Apps, Music, Movies and TV Shows
• New languages, dictionaries, and keyboards
• Enhanced Stocks application
• Support for CalDAV and subscriptions in Calendar
• Find my iPod touch and Remote Wipe via MobileMe (subscription required)**
• 1,000 new developer APIs, including:
– In App Purchases
– Apple Push Notification Service
– Accessories support
– Peer to Peer Connectivity
– Embedded Maps
– iPod Library Access
• Bug fixes
And if this was not enough to convince you to update to iPhone OS 3.0, check out our iPhone 3G S Speed test post.
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future updates. If you run in to any issues or need help, please join the QuickPWN forums and post it there instead of posting it in the comments.