iOS users can now jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered. The Chronic Dev Team have released the easy to use GUI based Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreaking software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The Absinthe jailbreak software supports the following devices:
- iPhone 4S 5.1.1
- iPhone 4 5.1.1
- iPhone 3GS 5.1.1
- iPad 3 5.1.1/iPad 2 5.1.1/iPad 1 5.1.1
- iPod touch 4G/3G
- Apple TV 2nd gen
Download Links and Instructions on how to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.1
1. Download and install Absinthe 2.0.1: Windows, Mac, or Linux. https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.1.dmg?attredirects=0&d=1
2. Backup your iOS device in iTunes by right-clicking your device name under “Devices” menu and click “Back Up“.
3. After your backup is finished, go to Settings -> General -> Reset – and tap the Erase All Content and Settings option.
4. Make sure your device is connected via USB cable to your computer. Open Absinthe 2.0.1 and click the Jailbreak button.
5. After your device is jailbroken, go to iTunes and restore your backup by right-clicking your device from the “Devices” menu and clicking “Restore from Backup” and selecting the latest backup.
6. That’s it, enjoy your jailbreak![Source: Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! – GreenPois0n blog]