Home » » Unlock iPhone 3G 3.0 with ultrasn0w

Unlock iPhone 3G 3.0 with ultrasn0w

Written By Hans Berger on Thursday, June 18, 2009 | 12:26 PM

Update: ultrasn0w has been released by DevTeam! ultrasn0w is an iPhone 3.0 software unlock for iPhone 3G users only.

Here is how to install ultrasn0w:
1. Jailbreak your iPhone 3G 3.0: use redsn0w

2. Go to Cydia and add  repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources

3. Reboot your iPhone 3G (T-mobile users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w)

4. Enjoy your iPhone 3G unlock, thanks to the Dev-Team that worked hard on it!

With the new OS 3.0 update a lot of people are stuck without an unlock, and they're waiting for the iPhone Dev Team to create one. On Friday the iPhone Dev Team plans to release ultrasn0w. Ultrasn0w is the name of the Dev Team's new iPhone 3G unlock software and it's 100% free just like all the other Dev Team tools are. ultrasn0w will allow you to unlock your iPhone 3G on the new iPhone OS 3.0 firmware. Of course to unlock your AT&T iPhone 3G and install ultrasn0w you will need to jailbreak your iPhone 3G. The jailbreak does not appear to be out right now but Dev Team is working hard to bring it out for us. Please have patience and let the Dev Team do their work! Don't ask when it'll be out. I'll make a post with download links and information on QuickPwn.com homepage, forums, and also update twitter, YouTube, send e-mail notifications to those who subscribed.

Waiting for ultrasn0w? Here's what we know about it so far.

• It's safe to update to the current iPhone 3.0 baseband - ultrasn0w will work with it, but for future updates such as firmware 3.0.1 (or whichever # the next firmware is) you should hold off on updating and check here first to see if it's safe to update. Apple may be able to make a baseband update that permanently locks your firmware just as they did with firmware 2.2.1 users.

• ultrasn0w will only work with iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G users can still unlock their iPhone using BootNeuter

• Just like yellowsn0w, ultrasn0w can be installed from Cydia (Repo URL has not been announced yet)

More information and a guide on how to unlock iPhone 3G with ultrasn0w will be posted once Dev Team has released ultrasn0w!

Nemi
June 18, 2009 at 1:09 PM

So this is unlock; and i have installer/cydia/icy and other Apps (*ipa) ????so this is ,,jailbreak"????

June 18, 2009 at 7:30 PM

are you idiot?
can you read?
do you understand what is meaning of word "unlock"

Nemi
June 18, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I have iPhone about few weeks :( i dont know how to JB 3.0

June 18, 2009 at 11:40 PM

What about the the iPod touch owners? Everything I hear is iPhone and no word about iPod.

June 19, 2009 at 3:12 AM

So I understand it NOW ! Thing that i was meant is jailbreak/pwnage....i really wanna this tooooool...DevTeam go go go .)

June 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM

NOW NOW NOW PUBLICK QUICKPWN 3,0 !!!!!!!!!!

Max
June 19, 2009 at 8:32 AM

When quickpwn coming out ?????!

Rob
June 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM

The os 3.0 jailbreak is out now. BUT its only for mac as of yet which is kind of gay!!!! looks lije windows users are left kicking dirt for longer!!!

June 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

nemi - sorry
i shouldn't call you idiot...
unlock is for iphones users who have simlock
jailbreak is for iphone and ipod touch users who meed install applications like (for example) like terminal, or ifinder
horst - iphone is the same software like ipod - ipod just don't have telephone and recording functions
nemi & max -yo must wait - guys from dev team work for us and when they finnish all problems they give you quickpwn
rob - don't be mad - iphone & ipod touch is still mackintosh system so it's easier to make jailbreak for mac...
you must just wait few days...

June 19, 2009 at 11:03 PM

OMG....only for Mac OS X software :( I have Windows XP :( Please release it now

Max
June 20, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Any news for windows users yet?

fabonick
June 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM

When will the unlock to 3.0 on a 2g iPhone be out?

June 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM

i follow the steps and when i add the source it come out with "bad url"
any help!?...

Praveen
June 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Successfully jailbreaked but my network is not recognising

Djengo
June 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Same here. JB, but t-mobile not recognized. Disabled the 3G, but no go. Is there a step between 3 and 4 I am missing?

iPhone-user
June 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

ultrasn0w to unlock carrier is available now(!), just be careful how you enter the address of the repository in Cydia!
(repo666.ultrasn0w.com) - ultrasn0w is spelled with "0"(zero!) not "O" (uppercase 'o')... thank you quickPWN, now I can take the phone to Europe!

Shaoguang
June 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

i've upgraded my iphone 3G to OS 3.0 but i can't find the Internet Tethering Option!!! anyone can help?

Duc
July 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

It works wonderful. Thank you.

There is an interesting problem I would like to share that is when you completed unlock iphone 3g v3.0 with ultrasn0w and then you delete the link repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Your phone is still unlock, however, you couldn't access the cydia anymore unless you restore to the orginial factory setting and jailbeak/ unlock again

jo
July 1, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Is there a way to unlock withouy using cydia, the wi-fi does no longer work on my iphone?
Thanks for any help

preet
July 1, 2009 at 3:31 AM

So I unlocked my iPhone 3g using ultrasn0w and I have t-mobile, but it keeps on going in and out of service. It tells me that I have service and then couple minutes later I don't have service. And then it tells me that I have no sim installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Duc
July 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

did you turn off 3G before using ultrasn0w??

Leon Su
July 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM

i've upgraded my iPhone 3G to O.S 3.0 but i cant find Internet Tethering in O.S 3.0. anyone can help?

fortunate
July 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM

hi,
i'm very happy about the work you guys are pushing.And thank you
for being there for fellows like myself.
i did the upgrade to 3.0 fw
jailbroke
and i'm stucked with the unlock(iphone 3g)
after i go to cydia-manage-source-edit and ad (repo666.ultrasn0w).
ended with a question mark.
go back to cydia and such,could not find ultrasn0w.
is this normal?
how can i bring ultrasn0w to cydia?
thank you for all your long hours of work

taha loay alani
July 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM

well i used it its nice and easy but wen i install both cydia and lcy the cydia tells me there is a problem the cydia cannot recoginze its ver becuz of the lcy and is there is no installer app but after all the phone work exelent

madgreek
July 12, 2009 at 2:06 AM

okay my phone is jailbroke, and sorry for sounding dumb. but, what do i do now where do i go do what ever to mod my phone. sorry like i said i've never done this

July 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Hello I have Iphone 2G phone. I have 3.0 IPSW firmware installed. I was wondering if the phone has never been activated with service is it possible - supported to unlock and jailbreak a 3.0 IPSW If anyone has any recomm please advise me a couple of recommidations.

Getreddy
July 14, 2009 at 6:10 AM

I have gone through the whole process of redsn0w and then in cydia i loaded the ultrasn0w, but i inserted my vodafone UK sim card and it is not getting any signels at all? whats going on? its getting rather frustrating!!!

I have restore the whole fone on 3.0 again and did the process again and again, but still no signel. I go in General> about > Network - and it says "Phone not allowed" does that mean that it is not fully jailbroken for unlock sim? I really appreciate any advise at all!!

spicy
July 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM

After jailbreak using purplera1n, Cydia is painfully slow to start either purplesn0w or ultrasn0w. What to do?

July 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Use RedSn0w

July 17, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Getreddy, you don't need to use ultrasn0w you can just use cydia... Or icy

July 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I have an iPod touch 2g 3.0 jailbroken, is there any way that I can get the texting app? Post a comment to tell me how

jeff
July 18, 2009 at 8:50 AM

yes go to the app store and get it

Ben
July 18, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Hi can anyone help me I've got cydia installed and within that I have yellowsnow and ultrasnow. Which should I uninstall for unlocking IPhone 3g with 3.0. Anyhelp at all would be appreciated.

Connor
July 19, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Yes its possibly just restore to default firmware so the "connect to itunes" screen comes up and then run quickpwn on it download the bootloaders and you will have a jailbroken unlocked iphone 2g

Ive done it myself a few times

nick
July 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

i have the iphone 3g its the 8gb.. how do i jailbreak my i phone i have been trying to find it but i dont know what firmware to use. i updated my iphone to the 3.0.. i just need some help....

nik
August 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM

uninstall yellowstone. ultrasnow is for iphone 3g 3.0 softwaree

go to google and search for unlock iphone 3g 3.0 purplera1n and thst should lead you to more info. if not, email me for more help x4success@yahoo.com

luis
August 2, 2009 at 4:57 AM

still getting the bad url when i try to add to source... and i am using 0 zero instead of a regular o

kias
August 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Maybe a stupid question but:

After i have used the ultrasnow do i need to use the turbo unlock simcard in addition to my SIM card? My card ****** up couple of days ago :(

Austin
August 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Any chance the team will have 3.0 for a 2G iPhone?

Jema
August 4, 2009 at 12:38 AM

To everyone that says they have added repo666.ultrasn0w.com to their sources but can't get a signal with a non-o2 simcard, the instructions above are missing a vital piece of information. You must:

1. Jailbreak your iPhone 3G 3.0: use redsn0w

2. Go to Cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources

3. >> IN CYDIA SEARCH FOR ULTRASN0W AND INSTALL IT. <<

4. Reboot your iPhone 3G (T-mobile users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w)

5. Enjoy your iPhone 3G unlock, thanks to the Dev-Team that worked hard on it!

Pras
August 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I updated my iphone3g 3.0 to 3.0.1 from itune there got required to hack and upgrade did as per your instruction but while adding in source epo666.ultrasn0w.com get the msg bad Url o here is numerical 0 zero turned 3g off everything went on waste

Pras
August 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM

repo666.ultrasn0w.com

Oz
August 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Help!

i installed cydia on my iphone 3g. instead of putting in the http address by mistake i hit reload. now i can not get to the cydia icon on my iphone it just sits there.

What do I do?

August 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

cydia download data system does not work with my iphone 3g.

napa19
August 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

ok i jailbroke my iphone and everything works good except that when i download keyboreds and wallpapers they dont appear can you help me

david
August 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM

i can't get cydia to open everytime i try it just kicks me off

david
August 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM

oh and it worked before i have tried restarting my phone

paul
August 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM

it keeps saying host unreachable?????? any ideas

Sonny
August 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Hi. Thanks a lot. It work for me for my iphone 3g.
It is now unlocked and using it with T-mobile service.

jekickstar
August 13, 2009 at 5:34 AM

My cydia doesnt even work after the jailbreak it wont even connect. then when i follow the steps anyway it says did not find repository HELP!!!! i have rebooted restored and rejailbreaked like 70 times.

Jorge
August 15, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Everything is working Ok...except YOU TUBE
Does anybody now how to solve this problem?

Ben
August 16, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Hey which data service r u using if any??

Tony
August 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

that also happen to me, I had to put the old software back on there and unlock it again.

Drew Ward
August 17, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Can anyone help?

I have installed cydia, I have installed the ultrasn0w package (and reinstalled several times). I have use the reboot your iphone link in cydia, I have repowered, and I have actually done hard reboots.

Everytime when it comes back on I get the t-mobile bars and Edge symbol, but it says connect to itunes and emergency calls only.

When I connect to iphone I get the "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported..." message and can't do anything.

What am I missing?

I have the 3.0 software.

please help if you can ward (at) lexiconbusiness (dot) com

Jerome
August 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM

i am having the same problem with " Drew Wardd " ... it means like it cant be unlocked ... the only thing im different with him its im using a local SimCard from Malaysia ... i really need some help , im stuck in this unlocking process for almost 2 months ady ...

August 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM

WOW cant believe this really worked...thanks!!!

Hemi
August 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM

You need to install an AT&T SIM card initially, after you do this it will load up the spring board. At this time you can insert the non AT&T SIM and it should work from now on after that.

eddie
August 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM

upgraded from 2.02 to 2.2.1 with pwn, but canot works. then upgrade to 3.0 and jail break with redsn0w, and ultrasn0w... it finally works!!! my phone is unlock! thanks.

lora
August 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM

omfg i have downloaded redsnow and the firm ware but everytime i go to click it from redson it will not add it

Tsatsaa
August 28, 2009 at 4:31 AM

hey you know it worked for 100%, first i did jailbreak then unlocking tnx a lot everything worked i'm so happy

Laila
August 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM

how did you put the old software back?

lanun8
August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

install bossprefs from cydia

Amy
September 8, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Wow, this worked brilliantly! Confused me abit but got it in the end, thanks alot to everyone for your help :-) My iPhone 3G is now successfully unlocked.

IE
September 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM

hi
I did all the step but when i put the sim in it searching for 2 minute and then turn to no service

PuffyLama
September 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Hi guys I bought an iPhone3G from ebay. The first time I jailbreak it worked perfectly but when I tryed to jailbreak it again but when i open cydia it chashes I reJailbreak it and cydia works but then when I try to install ultrasn0w it says "Searching..." and then "No Service" What I have to do???
Jailbreak: RedSn0w
Unlock:Ultrasn0w
Iphone Model: 3G 16GB
Carrier: Cosmote GR

Najib
September 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Hi everybody yes yes it's work it's work my iPhone 3G without sime turbo
virsion 3.0 thanks for everyone made this work I'm very happy person now with iPhone

amir
September 17, 2009 at 3:08 AM

well i am really enjoying redsn0w
thankfull to dev team i can voip on 3g
but i have a question can anybody help me to find real media player pluging for safari

faz
September 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM

i have the same problem! cant get my head round it! tried 2 different sims n they both eventually have no serivce! desperate for some advice!

kay
September 17, 2009 at 4:41 PM

i have same problem :( says no service

mamezmm357
September 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Jailbreak worked well no problems at all. Surprised it was so quick.

jon
September 18, 2009 at 9:16 AM

same problem

Raman
September 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM

hi friends
i am from India.

I have installed cydia, I have installed the ultrasn0w package after rebooting I am not able to locate the network.

First it shows Searching and after that No Service what should i do?

pls help me out.

Gani Latifi
September 23, 2009 at 7:10 PM

No Service

Raman
September 26, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I am from India.

I have the same problem! cant get my head round it! tried Vodafone and it displays No Serivce!

james
September 27, 2009 at 2:39 AM

i have the same problem, no service :S

iphone noida
September 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

same problem yaar,
i have aircel sim ,no service is coming + searching but if u use continue call or doing web browsing then it will not loose ,

not permanent solution yet anyone plz help

Mighty
September 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I have successfully jail broke my iphone3g with redsn0w,but not able to Unlock thru url-repo666.ultrasn0w.com it says DID NOT FIND REPOSITORY..is there any updated link available mow? can anyone please help me

October 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM

You're most likely a victim of the baseband and bootloader update. Search DevTeam's forum or do a search for 3.1 firmware's latest update and the problems with 6.02 bootloader.

Until someone @ Dev Team figures out a way to downgrade 6.02 bootloader for 3G, a lot of ppl are stuck and can't downgrade so they can downgrade their baseband to successfully unlock.

ultrasn0w will not work with:
3.1 firmware, 06.02 bootloader, 05.11.07 baseband

Wait for the next hack folks.

ahmad
October 4, 2009 at 3:12 PM

iphone 3g 3.0 unlock

theorie
October 13, 2009 at 7:33 AM

My friend asked me to unlock his 3G but he unfortunately ran the most recent update.

Currently his phone has:
Bootloader: 06.02 [G2M3S2]
Baseband: ICE2-05.11.07
OS: 3.1.2

I've got it jailbroken, but can't unlock it. Hopefully they come out with a fix for people that are in this situation...

sathish
October 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM

@Raman - Please check your current base band if it is 05.11.07 then it is not unlocked yet.

Mr. Artison
October 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM

but if anyone tries this and it works could you please reply

Mr. Artison
October 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM

i heard that ultrasn0w doesn't work with the 5.11.07 baseband and by downloading and installing fuzzyband through cydia you can downgrade your baseband from 5.11.07 and it should work then, but idk i haven't tried it yet because i can seem to find a wi-fi hotspot anywhere

vu
October 18, 2009 at 2:47 AM

no work with bootloader 5.9

vu
October 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM

downgrade baseband

October 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

just go tocydia and do the upgrades one its done it says iphone activated and the no service goes away...good luckk....

mhikong
October 22, 2009 at 4:28 AM

PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS PROCESS IS WORKING PERFECTLY?

Em
October 22, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I've tried this after I accidentally upgraded to the 5.11.07..it seems to have worked. When I go to settings the baseband shows up as 4.20.08 now.

JamesT
October 25, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Try it and let us know!

October 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM

no service wat should i do so it works base line 05.11.07

Husni
October 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM

hi,

my iphone 3g 3.0 (4.20.08) is unlocked and im using orange UK sim. i tried other networks it says no service... but the unlock was not 100% if i switch off the phone and switch it on coverage never comes back... my solution is remove the sim from iphone and put it in another phone make a call then I put back to the iphone. then i will get the coverage... its realy annoyin.... im expecting a fresh release from ultrasn0w...

lets hope for it..

fingers crossed..

Ahmad
November 2, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Hi I am from afghanistan but i am in Tajikistan now please help me...
it show No Service.
Genral:
Version 3.0.1(7A400)
Carier Not Available
Serial Number 82830VKKY7H
Model MB489B
Modem Firmware 05.11.07

EJ
November 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM

guys, do some reading above and you will know WHY you got the No Service error ! its on d same page for god sake..scroll up a bit will ya..

No Service = Not Unlock !

You cant unlock with anything ABOVE these specs :

Version : 3.0
Modem Firmware : 04.26.08

December 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Can I use this ultrasnow with Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 ?

ricardo
December 19, 2009 at 11:48 PM

i have a an iphone 3g and i want to jailbreak and unlcok bt wen i go to jailbreak it it keeps getting stuck on dan ramdisk picture and wont jailbreak

Hassan
January 7, 2010 at 3:15 AM

ok what you need to do is restore your iphone using itunes with the firmware u have then restore again using redsbow.

i just did that and it worked.

Nathan
February 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I have used redsn0w and it does what it needs to, but when it finishes Cydia is not on my main screen?

Nawazish7860
March 9, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Hey first of all thanks for this uploading this technique well i have an iPhone 3g and my firmware was 3.1.3 but then I downgraded my iPhone to 3.0 and then I unlocked my iPhone through the above mentioned technique but the problem is that there is now no network is working there is just searching written in place of the name of network I'm using please help me....!!!! I'm from India.

Eddy
March 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM

The reason your getting that error is because its not unlock. You can't downgrade and try to unlock it after 3.1.3.. your stucj forever

Fred
March 12, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Your a nub Eddy. It is unlocked and jb. But the reason why it wont work is cause he bandbase cant be downgraded.

April 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Please help me out..
I have by mistake updated to IPHONE 3g OS 3.1.3….
Anyhow after so many efforts i am able bring it back to OS 3.0..
Cydia is also there..Now My Modem Firmware is 05.12.01
and signal –No service– and network selection shows only –Automatic–
even i am not able to Downgrade Baseband 05.12.01 to any other..
is there any way,,like again format Iphone and do any possible idea..
Help me.. otherwise my iphone is Gone…..save it