The much anticipated Facebook 3.0 iPhone app has now been released and Facebook addicts can download it from the App Store! About a month ago, Joe Hewitt, the developer of the Facebook iPhone app made an update on Facebook saying that Facebook 3.0 for the iPhone was coming. On Sunday, August 16, Joe Hewitt was finally done with the development of the Facebook 3.0 iPhone Application and he submitted it to the App Store for review. Unsurprisingly enough, Apple spent over two weeks approving this application and kept many users impatient! Read on below to see the new features of the Facebok 3.0 iPhone application. There is no push notification on Facebook 3.0, Joe Hewitt says that this feature will be added in the Facebook 3.1 iPhone App update.
What’s new in the Facebook 3.0 iPhone App?
- iPhone 3GS users can now upload videos
- Built-in web browser: All links can be viewed without leaving the Facebook iPhone App!
- The ability to zoom in to photos.
- Full photo management. You can create/delete albums, delete photos/photo tags.
- Photos can be uploaded to any album
- Profile Picture can now be changed.
- View upcoming events and RSVP See your upcoming Events and RSVP
- View your friends’ birthdays your friends’ birthdays
- The ability to view pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
- Write/read your friends’ notes
- You can like posts or photos.
- See the same news feed on the Facebook website
- All of your friends’ friends and pages can be viewed
- View your mutual friends
- Easy searching for people and Pages
- Make friend requests
- Become a fan of Pages
- Quickly call/text your friends
- Create shortcuts to favorite friends/Pages
- You can sort friends according to first or last name in settings.
- Chat friends are sorted alphabetically.
Download Facebook 3.0 for iPhone
If you’re already using Facebook you can update your app through the App Store, or you can click here to download Facebook 3.0 for the iPhone.
Loving the new Facebook iPhone App? Share your thoughts on it in the comments!