...The greenpois0n RC 5 Beta 4 untethered download for Windows/Mac for Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 has now been released by the Chronic Dev Team. You can download greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 from the links below the tutorial. This works with Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6. Currently only Mac version is out for Verizon iPhone; we'll update this page once Windows is out as well. Windows and Mac are both out now!
Please subscribe to our YouTube, follow us on Twitter, and fan us on Facebook for future updates! Also scroll up to the top of this post and click the Facebook like button if you find this post helpful.
Jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered with Greenpois0n Windows/Mac RC Beta 4 Tutorial
1. Download greenpois0n for Click here to download for Windows/Click here to download for Mac, then watch this video or follow the instructions below.
2. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes (currently that is version 10.1.2) otherwise you won't be able to do a 4.2.6 untethered jailbreak. To do that go to iTunes - > Check for Updates.
3. Connect your Verizon iPhone iOS 4.2.6to your computer using the white USB cable.
4. If iTunes opens, make sure you close it!
5. Open the greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 application to begin the jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered process.
6. Follow the instructions within greenpois0ns RC 5 Beta 4 so you can get an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak:
- Press and hold the sleep button (2 seconds)
- Continue holding sleep; press and hold home button (10 seconds)
- Release sleep button; continue holding home button (15 seconds)
7. After following step 6, your device will be in DFU mode and greenpois0n will start jailbreaking iOS 4.2.6 on Verizon iPhone 4.
8. Once your Verizon iPhone 4 is successfully jailbroken untethered on your iOS 4.2.6 software, then your Verizon iPhone will reboot and you will see a green icon named "Loader" on your device.
9. Tap on the green "Loader" application to open it, and then tap on Cydia and tap on "Install" to install Cydia. Now Cydia should be on your iOS 4.2.6 jailbroken untethered device, and you should be able to install jailbroken apps on it.
- Cydia does not show up on my iOS 4.2.6untethered jailbreak device after using Loader? - Try rebooting your device and seeing if it shows up. I had to restart my iPhone 4 and it showed up after rebooting.
- greenpois0n is stuck on greenpois0n initialized and has the following error message:
- unable to find gBdevList
- unable to find fs_mount
- unable to find fs_unmount
- unable to find fs_load_file
The above problem did not occur on my device. If anyone had this problem, please be sure to share how you fixed it in the comments so other people can fix this problem if they come across it as well. UPDATE: Greenpois0n RC 5.2 is released, and should fix this problem.
- greenpois0n RC 5 Beta 4 Quit Unexpectedly - Just relaunch it and try it again!
- Loader is not installing Cydia - Due to many other users like you, the server which hosts the Cydia download is overloaded. I recommend trying downloading some other time, or you can just use redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 and install Cydia through that. It’s very easy to use redsn0w and install it and that’s what other people seem to be doing too right now.
How did greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 work for you? Were you able to successfully untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 on your Verizon iPhone? Let us know in the comments below.