Home » » Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 with greenpois0n Windows/Mac

Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 with greenpois0n Windows/Mac

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, February 7, 2011 | 7:19 AM

Jailbreak Verizon iPhone iOS 4.2.6 The greenpois0n RC 5 Beta 4 untethered download for Windows/Mac for Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 has now been released by the Chronic Dev Team. You can download greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 from the links below the tutorial. This works with Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6. Currently only Mac version is out for Verizon iPhone; we'll update this page once Windows is out as well. Windows and Mac are both out now!

Please subscribe to our YouTubefollow us on Twitter, and fan us on Facebook for future updates! Also scroll up to the top of this post and click the Facebook like button if you find this post helpful.

Jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered with Greenpois0n Windows/Mac RC Beta 4 Tutorial

1. Download greenpois0n for Click here to download for Windows/Click here to download for Mac, then watch this video or follow the instructions below.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes (currently that is version 10.1.2) otherwise you won't be able to do a 4.2.6 untethered jailbreak. To do that go to iTunes - > Check for Updates.

3. Connect your Verizon iPhone iOS 4.2.6to your computer using the white USB cable.

4. If iTunes opens, make sure you close it!

5. Open the greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 application to begin the jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered process.

6. Follow the instructions within greenpois0ns RC 5 Beta 4 so you can get an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak:

1. Press and hold the sleep button (2 seconds)

2. Continue holding sleep; press and hold home button (10 seconds)

3. Release sleep button; continue holding home button (15 seconds)

7. After following step 6, your device will be in DFU mode and greenpois0n will start jailbreaking iOS 4.2.6 on Verizon iPhone 4.

8. Once your Verizon iPhone 4 is successfully jailbroken untethered on your iOS 4.2.6 software, then your Verizon iPhone will reboot and you will see a green icon named "Loader" on your device.

9. Tap on the green "Loader" application to open it, and then tap on Cydia and tap on "Install" to install Cydia. Now Cydia should be on your iOS 4.2.6 jailbroken untethered device, and you should be able to install jailbroken apps on it.

Troubleshooting

1. Cydia does not show up on my iOS 4.2.6untethered jailbreak device after using Loader? - Try rebooting your device and seeing if it shows up. I had to restart my iPhone 4 and it showed up after rebooting.

2. greenpois0n is stuck on greenpois0n initialized and has the following error message:

• unable to find gBdevList

• unable to find fs_mount

• unable to find fs_unmount

• unable to find fs_load_file

• The above problem did not occur on my device. If anyone had this problem, please be sure to share how you fixed it in the comments so other people can fix this problem if they come across it as well. UPDATE: Greenpois0n RC 5.2 is released, and should fix this problem.

3. greenpois0n RC 5 Beta 4 Quit Unexpectedly - Just relaunch it and try it again!

4. Loader is not installing Cydia - Due to many other users like you, the server which hosts the Cydia download is overloaded. I recommend trying downloading some other time, or you can just use redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 and install Cydia through that. It’s very easy to use redsn0w and install it and that’s what other people seem to be doing too right now.

How did greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 work for you? Were you able to successfully untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 on your Verizon iPhone? Let us know in the comments below.

Shaun Brock
February 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Followed all the directions and after trying to jailbreak Rc5 says failed :(, I have tried it about 10 times and as of yet it hasn't worked.

Hans
February 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM

You may have downloaded an older RC5 file. Try the latest download from here:
http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_win_rc5_b4.zip (Windows)
http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_mac_rc5_b4.zip (MAC)

Guess
February 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Followed the steps & works like a charm! Now I just need to find the best places to get apps...

February 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM

well, like an idiot i tried to put my wifees new iPhone into DFU mode while the damn thing was old, i use android and havent jailbroken an iDevice since the trusty old iPod Touch 2g, suck, now waiting for this shiznit to restore and go at it again

February 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

worked perfect on my ipad. Did the jailbreak on top of the tethered version and it worked, however on my bros 3gs had to do a full restore. After that jailbreaked it with no problems.

February 8, 2011 at 7:02 AM

I have the new ipod tough, 4th generation
and I tried this and everytime i click on the Icon loader it doesn't open.

b-vol
February 8, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I have tried it about 20 times now.... failed! What I am I doing wrong?

b-vol
February 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Sweet!!! My MBP wouldn't do it. Had to use my Mac Mini.

JasonBieber
February 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Jailbroke just fine. Downloaded Cydia just fine. Will not open Cydia.

Arempee26
February 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM

When are they ganna release the unlocked for firmware 4.2.1 baseband 03.10.01???

Arempee26
February 8, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I tried only once on my Iphone 4 (AT&T) on windows and it works fine. Now i'm just waiting for the unlocked...

Jr
February 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Jailbreak worked great for me on windows!

leeang16
February 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

work on 4 4th generation
ipods with no problems

Alex
February 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM

My iPhone won't jb, it gets stuck on the "Jailbreaking" it just sits there? Any suggestions.

brent
February 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Worked fine for me on verizion iphone4.

You should note, however, that when you install Cydia from loader it reboots your phone (Which i didn't expect) and shows the regular apple logo, which freaked me out.

CCW82
February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Just got the iPhone 4 on Verizon, I followed the directions and it worked perfect!

James
February 13, 2011 at 3:34 AM

This appeared to work but it has disabled my iBook application and now the Netflix app will not go full screen...Is there a fix?

james black
February 13, 2011 at 5:43 AM

work the first time i tried it . ready to try jailbreak app now

Comrade
February 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I'm trying this & see what it'll iffer. Thanks

freez
February 14, 2011 at 4:53 AM

can i jailbreak iPhone 3G with this ????????

Aaron
February 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I jailbreaked my iphone4 but unable to use another network apart frm O2. How to unlock the sim network??? PlZ hlp

Anita
February 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Hi there. I have a question. I have an Iphone 3gs jailbroken with limerain on 4.1. If I wanted to update my phone to 4.2.1, can I also jailbreak again with Greenpoison? Please help.

February 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Thanks for all you help

newiphoneuse
February 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM

when i did the jailbreak it asked for an upgrade. Should i have done this?

kc
February 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Very simple instructions. Works great! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

huey
February 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Just got the new verizon iphone 4.2.6 I tried everything and GreenPois0n does not work. Jailbreak starts but by the time the phone finishes the final boot it seems to time out or not see sopmething its expecting. If I hold home btn longer jailbreak gets farther and actually completes but the phone goes into recovery mode. I've tried holding it as long as I can without going into recovery but jailbreak wont complete. I think the new phones need a new jailbreak ;(

November 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM

@Aaron

To unlock an iPhone the remote unlock service would be a better option because,you need not give your mobile to someone else nor do you have any chance to enter the wrong unlock codes.To get such an unlocking service for your iPhone 4 approach Theunlockspot.com and by submitting the country and network to which the mobile is locked to you will be able to remove the restriction from the respective network.This will be a permanent unlocking solution.