Home » » iOS 4.2 Beta 3 Download Released to Developers

iOS 4.2 Beta 3 Download Released to Developers

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 | 9:19 AM

iOS 4.2 beta 3 download

Today Apple released the iOS 4.2 Beta 3 download to iOS developers. This new update has bug fixes, new SMS ringtones, and Google Maps mode. Nothing really big. iTunes 10.1 beta 2 was also released to support testing of printing from any iOS device. The build number of the iOS 4.2 beta 3 is 8C5115c.

iOS 4.2 Beta 3 Download links

If you are a developer you can download the iOS 4.2 beta 3 for iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 4th/3rd/2nd generation. Just click on any link below and sign in to the iOS Dev Center to download. If you're not a developer stay away from this update, as you cannot jailbreak it.

Nemo
October 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM

SO is it better to keep the 4.1 iOS rather than waiting for the next J/B of 4.2 ?

Aoun
October 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM

What's google maps mode?

Clrskii
October 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Yes if your on JB'ed iPhone/iPod it's better for you to stick to it, as 4.2 JB is not there yet. And personally I don't think iOS 4.2 is a big deal to iPhones as theres no real big improvement. Yet it's a huge leap for the ipads so I'm currently running iOS 4.2 on my iPad :)

NoelSarah
October 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I have limera1n running with iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4. It's working fine, so I'd love to hear opinions on whether or not greenpoison is worth trying!

johnny
October 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM

@noelsarah

They are both the same exploit. But i suggest greenP0sion just becausre Chronic dev team made it not limera1n. & plus GP is more faster and user friendly.

Dextermorph
October 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Okay ive googled this but to no answer, if i put one of the ipad 4.2 betas is greenpoison or limerain able to jailbreak it?
Dextermorph at google mail aka gmail (:

NoelSarah
October 13, 2010 at 6:12 AM

But if I have have limerain up and running, is there any difference, or is the improved speed just during the jailbreak process itself? I apologize for my cluelessness.

Raptor
October 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I'd also like to know

I'm running limera1n on 4.1 on a 3GS is greenpoison faster at jailbreaking or does the phone run faster and how so? Is it just Cydia that loads faster or other things. Please elaborate, thanks

Just Passing By
October 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I have the same problem, the answer is _no_ the current available tools wont jb 4.2 on ipad, so you and I and the rest will have to wait :-)

iPhone4Man
October 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM

FINALLY NEW SMS TONES <333

MJ Armani
October 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Greenpoison might JB the phone a bit faster, But once your jailbroken there is no difference between the two, Cydia or any other apps or phones for that matter are going to run faster because you jailbroke with one or the other...

MJ Armani
October 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM

That is Are NOT going to run faster...

Andrew
October 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Actually, no.

It's just that GreenPois0n is much more stable and you're more likely to find new bugs with limera1n, since it was developed in one weekend

I, used the limera1n beta, but as soon as greenpois0n came out, I restored and used Greenpois0n, just in case