Home » » iOS 4.1 jailbreak: Greenpois0n Jailbreak for iOS 4.1 Coming Soon?

iOS 4.1 jailbreak: Greenpois0n Jailbreak for iOS 4.1 Coming Soon?

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 | 3:07 PM

iOS 4.1 jailbreak: Greenpois0n

There is no iOS 4.1 jailbreak out yet. I previously posted about the SHAtter jailbreak, which will purportedly jailbreak all iOS devices for life. Greenpois0n is a jailbreak tool by the Chronic Dev Team which is a simple easy to use jailbreak that should be able to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, and iPod touch.

The greenpois0n jailbreak software was announced many months ago, but recently the Chronic Dev Team updated the greenpois0n website with a new logo shown above. The website update may be a hint of the greenpoison jailbreak being released soon.

A recent tweet by a pod2g, a Dev Team member on Twitter, says: "p0sixninja 's epic greenpois0n works well on iPhone 4G ! (need to work on the framebuffer code tho ! )". In the jailbreak world release dates are one thing that no one actually knows until the actual jailbreak software is released. You can follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for updates and we'll let you know once the jailbreak for iOS 4.1 is released.

Op
September 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM

That's great news
Thanx bro
I am wating for big new's

September 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM

COME ON RELEASE THE JAILBREAK ONCE AND FOR ALL PLEASE

Mkay
September 14, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Again you're behind on the news. I'm getting faster updates from wikipedia. I would really like to come to you first when I need info, but I can't, when you are 2-3 days behind everyone else.

NegativeTen
September 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Lots of hype, let's hope it comes soon. Excellent work, and kudos to all of the devs that dedicate their time to these things.

Jcity
September 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Super excited for this upcoming jailbreak. I think I've been checking twitter every hour. I have always had a jailbroken device from the first gen iPhone. I got unlucky to receive my iPhone 4 on 4.0.2 late last month. Can't wait to have my intelliscreen and themes back. :)

Koabella
September 14, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Great news for all IOS users!
Can't wait no more!

tyson
September 14, 2010 at 4:34 PM

if the jailbreaks are still "coming soon" tomorrow can you make another post and remind us?

Djlooni
September 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Wow!!!! Im straight but i realy love this guys......lol finally our wait is going to have an end...

September 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Soon like...midnight Pacific Time?

Omar
September 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM

iPhone 4G?

Chai
September 14, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Hurry up!

Jason
September 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Come on guys you re the best!!thanks

mota81
September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

stop using the word SOON over and over again...just get the jailbreak out eventhough still in beta stage...at least we know its concrete and not another hoax...stop playing the wait and see game with us man

Edwinator
September 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Patience everybody it will come out soon! Thanks Quickpwn!

adams adomako
September 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM

i mistakenly updated to to 4.1 and downgraded back to 4.01 but my is still stuck on 05.14.02 ....will greenpoison be able to unlock baseband 05.14.02

Lachlan
September 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Cmmoooonnn Messed up my iPod and had to restore to 4.0.2 desperate for this JB. Great work dev, but (with all due respect) HTFU!!! :P

Gareth
September 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Does anyone know when the jailbreak is being released ?

Mantas
September 15, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I rember when we were all waiting for limerain jailbreak and it never came out, I think we will wait for this one for ever to

Woodsidekid
September 15, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Think greenpois0n will work for windows?

liceclispy
September 15, 2010 at 4:08 AM

WOW this site is all about regurgitation.... publish the same article twice with different wording and call it an update..

follow twitter, it's the real updates..

Iphoner
September 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM

love to hear more,
we need more awesome news make it ASAP guys :)

alvaro
September 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM

will this jailbreak work on baeseband 2.10.4? i already upgraded my 4g to 4.1...

alyssa
September 15, 2010 at 10:35 AM

how did you downgrade 4.1 ??? I have an iphone 3gs that was previoiusly unlocked...

Badal
September 16, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Plz relese very fast.

Chris
September 16, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Hello, am new to the twitter, could some one please help me. How do I follow the jailbreak updates on twitter I have the twitter app on my phone. Just don't know what to search for in the apps. Thanks

Jason
September 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM

i believe since you updated to 4.1 you lost your unlock capabilities because you upgraded your modem firmware (baseband). right now ultrasm0w doesn't support the new baseband. greenpois0n is just a permanent jailbreak, not carrier unlock.

Jason
September 16, 2010 at 7:59 AM

sorry dude you lost that. ultrasn0w doesnt support that baseband yet :(

toby
September 16, 2010 at 9:14 AM

anyone knows the date of SHatter release?

phillyfinest
September 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM

i'm getting really ticked off when i keep hearing that this green poison jailbreak will be released soon to me soon is a few days this was a week ago i wish that the dev team would keep us a little more informed as to when we can expect this there's a lot off people stuck for a ver long time i'm not trying to be like that but come on dev team be more specific you dont know what it is like having to what on some anoyomous hacker to tweet or blog some untrue info i feel like feen searching all day long for his so please buff your frames or what ever you got to do but but tell us some accurate dates please p.s, can ou take me under your wing as a apprentice i would do anything to learn your trade

September 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM

hi im the dominican spanish hacker known in the area in the bronx i love working with technology and helping people with their problems i will love ya to email me or contacting me for 4.1 updates for my iphone 3gs 32 gig thank all the hackers

RD1945
September 16, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I think there are a few reasons why they don't speak about release dates.

First one: If they don't make the release date they promised because of some random bug/crash/whatever, everyone starts flaming the devs (I've seen this many times, even dev's quitting because they were flamed).

Second one: To keep companies like Apple away from a fix for as long as possible (In this case it's a little different since this exploit is bootrom related).

Third one: To deliver a product which is finished and n00b proof and works as it's supposed to work.

Bottom line is that people always complain about release dates. I would like to say to them, start devving yourself and you'll see.

This jailbreak is DONE WHEN IT'S DONE, end of story.

Trae
September 17, 2010 at 7:16 AM

When will the jailbreak for iPod 3G software 4.1 be coming out

bmwtech857
September 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I think the most inportant thing is that they are trying for free, and shouldn't have to listen to whiners!!!!

Thanks for the info and hard work

Toby
September 17, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Guys as all you know your waiting for the jailbreak called SHAter, greep0ison is the SHAter jailbreak, now DEV team is working hard in greenp0ison, they will update there blog shorty, the release date for this jailbreak has not yet been released but there are problems, there are FAKE greenp0ison websites, so watch out guys! All that I have gathers is this "greenp0ison is a jailbreak that works on updated apple devices it works on ipads, itouchs, and iPhones, what I know about this is it works for new models such as itouch 3G and 4g the new models are supported, BUT not word about all models, this jailbreak DOES NOT support all devices from what I heard. Hold tight guys, DEV team is working hard!

adi k
September 17, 2010 at 11:24 PM

quick question guys, would really appreciate advice.

im on 4.0.2 so still on the old (unlockable) baseband. i NEED carrier unlock because i am relocating to UK. if i upgrade to ios 4.1 using tinyumbrella to preserve unlockable baseband, then simply wait for ios 4.1 jailbreak to come out and use it, will i be in good standing?

thnx

The phillyfinest hatter
September 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM

phillyfinest need the shut the hell up. Be more respectful of others. The dev team has no commitment or any reason to keep us informed. We are all lucky they are here for us the iPhone community. When the jailbreak is ready I'm sure it will be out to the public. For the phillyfinest just shut the hell up and wait. If you don't like it then do something about it and create your own jailbreak and don't depend on others to do it for you if you can't be more respectful.

September 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Help me

sudheer
September 18, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Dear Dominican, i am sudheer currently using iphone and i tried upgrading my iphone to 4.1 when doing the same it got locked so if you can let me know wht is the software that i have to use to unlock my i phone pls send me the application if you have
thanks sudheer

iliri
September 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM

hii i'm iliri i upgrade my iphone 3g 8gb to ios4.1 and the sim was locke i see only itunes icon in my iphone pls some body help me

jayson( kuwait)
September 18, 2010 at 6:54 PM

hoping to released the jailbreak for 4.1,.,.,as soon,.,.,bec,.,.to many pending work to do,.,.,,godd lock guys,.,.,.hoping

September 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM

This is the most amazing stupid answer I Have ever read. with your creepy big fingers.

mike
September 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM

just download 'tiny umbrella' (all over google) and once you get that, open the file and connect your phone. there will be a button in the bottom right hand corner that says (kick our of recovery) just hit that and you'll be all set.

jailbreak crack head
September 21, 2010 at 6:48 AM

NEED A JAILBREAK FOR 4.1! MY DUMB ASS UPGRADED NOT THINKING!! PLEASE HURRY CUZ I HATE MY BASIC IPHONE!!!!

steve
September 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Yep.. You are a dumb ass alright.

[...] greenpois0n iPhone iOS 4.1 jailbreak is still not out yet. Many users are demanding updates on the greenpois0n software. While the [...]

Simon
September 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Around When will you publish it?

Simon
September 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Please do it fastest you can, hurry up

eric
September 26, 2010 at 3:44 AM

dev team thank you;) we all <3 you

do it 4 iphone
September 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM

will the new jailbreak have multitasking and all the iphone 4 settings for the iphone 3g?

[...] Near the beginning of this month, the SHAtter iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Exploit was discovered by an iPhone hacker that goes by the name pod2g. pod2g gave the exploit to two different jailbreaking teams: iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team. iPhone Dev Team will be using the SHAtter exploit in their PwnageTool jailbreak, while Chronic Dev Team will be using the SHAtter exploit in their greenpois0n jailbreak. [...]

Fakehero
September 28, 2010 at 12:26 AM

So now that jailbreak for 4.1 came out for iPhone 2g, 3G and 3GS. When would it be out for 4g?

Silex
September 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM

I would appreciate if you guys give me a heads up on this new software u may reach me at loving_mary_jane@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time and take care.

Sanford
October 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM

The jailbreak can't come too soon. I updated to 4.1 yesterday without properly researching an available jailbreak for my iPhone 3GS, and of course, it's now unusable again with T-Mobile. Which means I'm back to the craptastic Motorola Cliq which I hate.

October 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM