Home » » Jailbreak iOS 4.1

Jailbreak iOS 4.1

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 | 8:40 AM

Jailbreak iOS 4.1

Apple has just released a beta of the iOS 4.1 download to iPhone Developers in the Dev Center. We're getting a flood of e-mails with people asking if it's possible to jailbreak iOS 4.1.

Yes, it's possible to jailbreak iOS 4.1, but don't expect an iOS 4.1 jailbreak just yet. Right now iOS 4.1 is in beta, Apple will release a certain amount of betas of it to test it first before dropping the iOS 4.1 update to public. After Apple has released the final iOS 4.1 update, you can expect a jailbreak. Remember, if you want to unlock iOS 4.1 don't update until we know the iOS 4.1 update doesn't patch any exploit.

The best way to stay up to date with the latest jailbreak iOS 4.1 information is to follow @QuickPWN on Twitter. As far as I know, the following jailbreaks may be released when iOS 4.1 is out:

• Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with redsn0w - redsn0w is no doubt THE best jailbreak out there. It's created by the famous Dev Team who makes reliable jailbreaks. It will definitely be updated to support iOS 4.1

• Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with Spirit - Spirit is the easiest jailbreak out here. It's created by comex. There may be a Spirit Jailbreak for iOS 4.1, but don't count on it as Apple could easily patch that.

• Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with limera1n - Geohot was going to release a limera1n jailbreak for iOS 4.1, but it looks like he has left the jailbreak scene for now. He did state that someone else may take on his work before he closed his blog and Twitter account.

Update: You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta 1 with redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5. Download it for Mac here, or Windows here. If you don't know what this is pleased don't download and just wait until the final iOS 4.1 download is out.

July 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM

[...] released the iOS 4.1 download just today. If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1 and unlock iOS 4.1, we recommend staying away from this update for [...]

[...] can jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta, but don’t expect a release for it as it’s just a beta and it’s not worth [...]

MODiFiEDZ
July 14, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Finally some solid info to rely on. Wont be too long until the betas get tested and into our iphone 4's.
Since its very likely that spirit will be patched in the 4.1 update, I would be very happy to have a jailbreak now for my iphone 4 using Spirit, and there really is no need for me to update to 4.1 either.

Chris
July 14, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I tried limera1n earlier on my iPhone 4 and it didn't work. Tried it on my itouch 2nd gen (mc) and it didn't work. I prefer pwnage tool myself. 4.1 doesn't fix the death grip either so don't get your hopes up. I know this first hand

Bannan Joe
July 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I'm very excited about this, I hace my 3GS with new upgraded bootloadr, net iboot, new baseband, no SSHH or watherver, and can't unlockit it or Jail Breakit with ANYTHING, so I hope this matter changes soons and don't use anymore my 3GS as an expensive iPOD.

Keep the good work, all, the little people are with you, because we don;t like to be prisioners we like freedom, let all the iphones be free :D

NEToZT
July 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Good work keep this on. You're the Hoodz for the people.

Joe
July 14, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Linera1n isn't out yet.

Bannana Joe
July 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Well I already learn two things.

1st. You will need SHSH ALLWAYS. Without this file WE CAND DO ANY DOWNGRADE, since Cydia and Apple sites verify and confirms the SHSH to let us downgrade firmware. And SHSH are not compatible between iphone each iphone has their own SHSH EICD, also each SHSH must be created un their original firmware.

Example: SHSH of 3.1.2 is different from 3.1.3, you can only restor the phone to the SHSH was createt at the moment. That's the reason WE the people that has been upgraded iphones to the stock iOS 4 for any reason, from iTunes/Apple site are totally unluck if we don;t have these SHSH files on cydia.

2nd. We need to read more and more about this matters because we are now bricked, until Dev Team or someone else make a NEW Jailbreak for STOCK iOS 4. Since the upgraded iOS4 CUSTOM from previous 3.x.x firmwares are not working with us.

Thats why, everyting we trie are a total failure, becuade WE DON'T HAVE THE SHH files to downgrade our phones.

:( Too sad (even for me) next time is wise read a little about this matter unless we want a new brick.

I see difficult to Dev Team and all the other make and Jailbreak for iOS 4, they are more focused in iOS 4.1 since this OS is about to see the daylight any time soon.

We need to hold on our horses and wait until the new files arrive, or joint in the large file of ebay sellers selling their AT&T devices because they already bricked and don't have any hope to realeas thei iphones from lock.

Joel
July 15, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Im a noob to the jailbreak scene so dont hate cause im dumb. I have a 3gs I got about a month ago I am running ios4 now.If I have read everything correctly there is no jailbrak for me yet. That would only be if I had an older 3gs and it was jailbroken before right? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Xiider
July 15, 2010 at 7:03 AM

I wait for official release, because than i can jailbreak my new IPod touch (iOS 4, and MC, no SSHH).

Lupita br/sp
July 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Install / upgrade the IOS and used the 4.1 beta redsnow only to enable the functions of 3G in 3G, as I said everything was normal with no errors or problems while using the redsnow and functions activated, only one thing when I make or receive links can not hear not even over the loudspeaker or headset, or handset's normal, particular when I make a connection he has with the speaker turned over without audio, and disable anything, I'll re-enable the speaker and not active anymore.

NOTE: Only tests pending new updates redsnow.

Thank you all.

July 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

[...] here, or Windows here. Don’t know what this is? Stay away then, I recommend waiting for the iOS 4.1 jailbreak. Tags: Apple, iOS 4.0.1, iPhone 3G, iphone 3gs, iPhone 4, Jailbreak You may also like to [...]

Dogzday
July 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

But many people have asked GeoHotz for a copy of the download, as I've heard. After all, he did post his adress (which was later taken off) and his phone number. Yes, this is public information and anyone can get on YellowPages.

Post
July 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

If there are copies of limera1n kicking around can we get a copy posted somewhere. A lot of people are looking for jailbreaks here.

Stijn
August 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Just go to: jailbreakme.com
on the ipod/iphone itselfs
then slide the slider (slide to jailbreak)
it will jailbreak your device!
Easy!
(when your device cant be jailbroken, the website tells you after you slided ;) )
WORKS WITH 4.1!!!

[...] to download this. The rest of the users need to wait. Once iOS 4.1 is out, be sure to check out the jailbreak iOS 4.1 and unlock iOS 4.1 post for the latest jailbreak/unlock news. You can also follow @QuickPWN on [...]

Dandev
September 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM

So does this mean that out of the box iphone 4's with iOS 4.0.2 can now/will be able to be jailbroken by upgrading the iOS to 4.1 (when the final version is released) and then using redsnow to jailbreak? This is very much my situation... Lol

Starmega
September 3, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Hoping this works as my iPhone 4 came with 4.0.2 out of the box

Anon
September 4, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Spirit jailbreaks' from comex are by far the best. Everyone always says because the exploits are 'userland' apple can easily patch them. I have never had this problem. Jailbreakme has been the best jailbreak released to date!! Comex will hopefully make a jailbreak for ios 4.1...

Tim
September 4, 2010 at 5:06 AM

I have a new iPhone 4 that came with 4.0.2 so I don't have any SSHH files stored to downgrade to 4.0.1. Is my best/only option to jailbreak to wait for the 4.1 release and then a jailbreak?

User
September 4, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I'm in the same boat - I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4 4.1 !!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously hurry up with the jailbreak!!

[...] you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, stay tuned to our jailbreak iOS 4.1 post for updates. According to a tweet by iPhone hacker MuscleNerd, comex (another iPhone hacker) [...]

Maz
September 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM

It's the same with me I just got my new iPhone 4 two days ago. Apparently yes we'll be able to jailbreak when we update. If I'm not mistaken OS 3.1.3 had the same problem till iOS 4.0 came out.

DaDudster
September 8, 2010 at 4:31 AM

I'm in the same boat.

Fingers crossed on there being a 4.1 jailbreak SOON!!

dOh
September 8, 2010 at 5:24 AM

don't be a douche, it'll come out when it comes out.

Teazah
September 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM

this is like the droppings of a bull

Don
September 10, 2010 at 4:43 AM

@User
I believe everyone is eager about the jailbreak of 4.1, which should be out soon. If you need anything faster, try do it yourself

Axelle
September 11, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Will it work for a mc model?

primalcharlie
September 11, 2010 at 7:07 PM

i just tried it and it soesnt work and it told me before

wakojako56
September 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM

just out of intrest
do you know when
like 1 week or 2 weeks or more

sam
September 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Hi! Pls let me no when iOS 4.1 available for jailbreak.
I just bought ipod touch 4.

BethOnlyMe
September 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Is their any update on the date if when the 4.1 jailbreak will come out? Its killing me being without Cydia. Regretting doing that stupid update to my iPhone now

Neil
September 18, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Im on the same boat! I made a mistake to restore and updated to 4.1 I thought I was getting 4.01 dum, dum, dum

Tito
September 22, 2010 at 5:05 AM

You r so helpful thank u

lowiz
September 23, 2010 at 3:06 AM

you should add the shatter jailbreak on this post too when it released, we all want to jailbreak for life.

I only hope SHAtter has those cool options like redsn0w:
Verbose boot, custom boot logo, enable home screen wallpaper, etc...

orfeas
September 24, 2010 at 12:43 PM

hey. youre post says there was a jailbreak beta for 4.1 beta... I am stuck with 4.1 for like a month now , and i dont want to sound annoying or anything but is a jailbreak coming soon? are there any problems atm with it or are they just waiting for the next apple update so they can jailbreak that one?

[...] you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, please do not keep asking the creators of greenpois0n software for updates as it’s difficult [...]

Tristinnnnn
October 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I have a 3g ipod touch running 4.1 cause i had a blonde moment and said itd be kooler to update then jailbreak. EPIC FAIL send me the jailbreak 411( information for those "slow" ppl out there) sugar27055@yahoo .com (no space between o and .) i love to jailbreak and i wanna show apple that WE control them not the other way around:) thank you guyss