Home » » iPhone 3.1 Beta 3

iPhone 3.1 Beta 3

Written By Unknown on Monday, July 27, 2009 | 4:37 PM

iphone-3-1The iPhone 3.1 beta 3 firmware build 7C116a and iPhone 3.1 beta 3 SDK build 9M2808 has been released to iPhone developers. The file size is 307 MB.  If you're a developer, you can head on over to the Apple Developer Central and download it. The beta 2 firmware expires July 28 at 12:00 AM, so now is the time to update! If you're not a developer don't download this update, wait until Apple releases the final iPhone 3.1 update.

New features in iPhone 3.1 beta 3:

• Copy and paste videos - You can now copy and paste videos in your e-mails.  There is a 15 MB limit for copying/pasting videos or images. This limit is most likely there to save bandwidth usage.

• Tethering counter - If you go to Settings -> Genral -> Usage on your iPhone, you'll notice Tethering data which shows how much tethering you've used. Note: Tethering is not available to AT&T users yet.

• Springboard icons - When you hold down the Springboard icons they no longer vibrate.

• Baseband updated - The baseband has been updated to 05.11.04.

• Camera API additions

Reminder: If you own a jailbroken iPhone 3GS or an unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS, do not update once the official 3.1 firmware update is out. The 3.1 update will permanently block the ultrasn0w/purplesn0w software unlock. It could potentially block the iPhone 3GS jailbreak as well.

[via WhenWillApple & iSpazio]

Heli
July 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM

So that means the final release is not far and I was wondering with the final 3.1 are we gonna be able to send mms???

Sean
July 27, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I've been able to send mms on AT&T with 3.0 since the first week 3.0 came out.

Heli
July 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM

How is that possible if AT&T if I don't get that option to send as mms I only get send via email or I don't even get the little camara icon on my massages!!! Help??

Heli
July 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Sorry I was writing kind of fast but nway AT&T hasn't relase the mms support yet

Jacob
July 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

yeah no MMS for AT&T yet i do know that AT&T has said in early september they will have MMS so i am guessin thts about when the iphone 3.1 final version will be released! also i kno a way to get internet tethering to be put on your iphone quick and without a computer and no jailbreak but of course its not working with AT&T, but it asks you like your country and i said USA and then it said AT&T or T-Mobile and i am on AT&T but i was just wondering if i choose like T-Mobile even tho i dont use T-mobile would it work? if so would they somehow charge me for it??? if anyone would like to try it here is the site http://help.benm.at/help.php BTW you need to open it on your iphone not with the computer and when you open it on your iphone just go thro it however you want it will ask u like your country and your carrier and then when u choose a carrier it should have this screen that says your carrier blah blah blah lol but just enable it and then go to ur settings and then go to general and then network and then you will see the option for internet tethering!!! woot woot haha

Jacob
July 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM

hey lookie wht i found lol ok someone try this plz
http://help.benm.at/mms.php enter this in on your iphone's browser (safari) and follow the instructions its for MMS i would do it but i installed some dumb thing from cydia and it got stuck on the boot logo BOOOOOO! lol but i will try it in a minute when i fix my iphone i will come back annd tell yall if it works on AT&T i doubt it but im hopeful At Tha Moment haha!!! BTW if anyone has any questions for me you can email me at J_mac890@yahoo.com

steven
July 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM

mine's weird. I have all the icons and buttons that show mms capabilities but I can't get Ana actual picture message to ever go through.

Jacob
July 27, 2009 at 11:11 PM

its cuz AT&T is not wanting anyone with an iphone to have it right now until they officially release it there are ways to get it mainly the reason you cant send/recieve MMS is cuz AT&T has turned WAP off on all iphones with AT&T but...... lol there is a way around it u can call AT&T and ask them to turn your WAP on DO NOT say it is for MMS or they wont do it i suggest you say tht you would like to look at your Business emails or something thts wht i've told them before and they turned mine on! but i used an app from cydia to get MMS i was using SwirlyMMS on cydia so i suggest u try callin AT&T if u mention anthing about MMS they will most likely get short with you and try to get you not to call again about WAP so dont mention it! lol any questions contact me at J_mac890@yahoo.com

July 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Ok so if I used p-rain then restored my phone were it is now not jailbroken if I install 3.1 it might brick it even though I'm f-ing paying 30$ a month to use it they'll just brick it to loose my 30 a month and everyone elses and maybe a few lawsuits just to make sure people can't enjoy there very expensive phone. Thanks apple and AT&T for all the fucking things you do to your high paying customers we all love you two so much btw no more apple products for me they are always turn out to be disapointing.

Sean
July 29, 2009 at 2:05 PM

If you get The camera icon up, but pictures just won't send, there is a trick. I tried putting my sim in a different phone, sending pic messages from this non-iPhone, then putting the sim back in my iPhone and tried sending, it didn't work.

First make sure you have the updated carrier settings that enable mms and tethering, have mms turned on, and have the camera icon next to the text field. Then what you have you have to do is put your sim in an AT&T non iPhone, make a few calls, send some texts. Then, go to mymedianet.wireless.att.com and register your phone number. After you register the number, put the sim back in your iPhone, reboot and enjoy. Been working for over a month for me. I think it works because as long as you have media et registered, mms will stay enabled.

Sean
July 29, 2009 at 2:12 PM

The WAP thing is a pain in the ass to get turned on (took me about 6 different calls to AT&T reps) and it only works for a few days before AT&T recognizes the iPhone and disables WAP again.

Heli
July 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Were am I suppose to install the mms setting it shows me on that website???anybody???

Brian
July 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Ya but I think thats illegal.

July 30, 2009 at 3:05 AM

[...] only thing we can do now is wait for Apple to release a patch. We expect Apple to release the iPhone 3.1 update by September, but hopefully this exploit causes them to release it earlier. iPhone Forensics [...]

Chris
July 30, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Can someone tell me what MMS is???

Chris
July 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM

When they do... This is what I found for USA on jacob's reccomended site...

AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
User: wap@cingulargprs.com
Pw: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Paul
July 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

mms works on GLOBE PHILIPPINES I TRIED IT but ATT no idea cuz i dont really use my att sim

Ron
August 7, 2009 at 3:38 AM

What did you do to get MMS working on AT&T with 3.0?

FLOYD
August 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM

sOME PEOPLE MAKE ME MAD, EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT mmS PEOPLE ALWAYS SAYING " I BEEN ABLE TO SEND MMS WEEKS AGO..............YEAH OF COURSE IF UR PHONE IS JAILBOKING, OTHER THEN THAT U WANT B ABLE TO MMS,SO I WISH PEOPLE STOP SAYING THAT

Antonystark
August 15, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Will this fix any bugs?i have this bookmarks bug everytime i open safari the bookmarks starts automaticly... :(

Bill
August 18, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I have about 6 sim cards the only way i got mms working is
1 buy swirrly mms(cydia)
2 go get a NEW sim from at&t
3 put new sim in a multi media phone wait for network activation text
4 put sim in iphone send 2-3 pics
5 start back at #2

Stuart
August 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Chris,

MMS (first Google hit)
means Multimedia Messaging Service.

See the en.wikipedia.org entry.

Stuart

Sandman
August 30, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Kudos to t-mobile. iPhone users have way more options with t-mobile over AT&T. Shame on you AT&T. I've been MMS'ing with t-mobile on my iPhone for a year now.

Bobby Brown
August 30, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Has Apple added the ability to add a CardDAV account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar Preferences for use with SL's Address Book Server? Thanks!

Harold
September 2, 2009 at 10:10 AM

That is because you are fully closing Safari every time. If you are jailbroken and you use SBSettings to close Safari, it'll show the bookmarks everytime. If you simply go to a website and after it loads just tap the home buttton, then open Safari back up, it should show the website

Iphone freak
September 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM

At&t employees learned today the 3.1 update or atleast the MMS for At&T will be turned on 9/21/09. Hope this info helps everyones nerves