Home » » iPhone OS 3.1 Beta Baseband updated to 05.08.01

iPhone OS 3.1 Beta Baseband updated to 05.08.01

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 | 12:00 PM

Apple recently released the new iPhone OS 3.1 beta firmware and SDK to developers. If you're using the ultrasn0w software unlock, DO NOT UPGRADE to iPhone OS 3.1 beta because you may permanently lose your unlock. Apple has updated the baseband to 05.08.01. Remember, even when the final iPhone 3.1 firmware is released you should not update if you want to keep your ultrasn0w unlock. Don't say we didn't warn you!

warning

Once the final 3.1 firmware is released, jailbreakers will need to wait for Dev Team to release the new jailbreaking tools and instructions on how to safely update to the newer version. The final 3.1 firmware won't be coming out any time soon, so there is no need to worry about it yet.

mark
June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

yay.... omg........
haha first comment..
im having second thoughts for upgrading to 3.0 because of the overheating problems.. now this thing came up..

Pie
June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I really think a 3GS jailbreak should be released before there is talk of the 3.1 jailbreak.

Sadman
June 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

OMG no jailbreak anytime soon? Dude I am starting to freak out, I just got the 3gs and gave away my old jailbroken 3g, the new 3gs is really fast and does away the need for backgrounder but I really really really miss all the other really cool things about being jailbroken, themes, file browsing, and other things I won't mention because it might get people in trouble. I've been waiting for the release of the 3gs jailbreak more anxiously than anything I can think of. Guess there is nothing to do but wait for that day where I have a bitten pineapple on my boot screen, I'll be waiting :(((

Winston
June 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Woah..another OS update, I just updated my iPhone 3G to 3.0 and using redsn0w to jailbreak it. Then apple realises OS 3.1. Waiting for the Dev Team to release the official iPhone OS 3.1 jailbreak. Work hard!

Dario
June 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Well Winston, at least with the new update to the OS, they have some pretty good problems they could fix. For starters, the overheating issues, also they're gonna block us from unlocking and what not using a different baseband etc.

So really, it's more or less just add-on's then replacing the entire OS. But regardless, this won't be out for at least a month.

lunas
June 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

it is most likely to address some of the overheating issues that was introduced with 3.0 and the 3gs...

Paul
June 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I've upgraded my 3g to version 3.0 and can't get redsn0w to work :-( I miss my jailbreak :-(
also the settings for my internet will not work on my non iPhone o2 contract :-( need help please

T
July 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM

To Paul about internet service not working is due to the baseband upgrade of 3.0 release. You must now have to sign up for an authorized internet iphone contract/service.

shpendi
July 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM

i need your help, before reading your msg i have upgrade my iphone to os 3.1 and now i have downgread and unlock to 3.0 but the sim card is unknown i can not jailbrak baseband are 05.08.01, could you please someone help me on this how to activate sim card?
thank you all of you.

Kristi
August 18, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Will the final release of 3.1 fix the wifi problem lots of people, including myself, are having?

Sebastian
September 27, 2009 at 9:19 AM

DAMN!!.. my iphone got stuck tried everything only thing i could do was restore it with the new update.. and ofc voila baseband went up to 5.0.8 .. so basicly there is no way to restore it back to 3.0 and drowngrade the baseband. T

Angel
September 29, 2009 at 6:01 AM

hey did anyone tell you how to jailbreak/unlock that baseband.. i m having the same problem. if you have any answers can you please let me know how you jailbroke/unlocked iphone. thanks

October 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

@Angel

Hi you can easily unlock your iphone by using remote unlock method. If you need remote unlocking service you can visit this site Prounlocking.com here you can get the service and unlock your iphone easily. Once your unlock your iphone through this method. It doesn't require jailbreak process