Home » » limera1n iOS 4.1 4.0.2 4.0 Jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touchReleased

limera1n iOS 4.1 4.0.2 4.0 Jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touchReleased

Written By Hans Berger on Saturday, October 9, 2010 | 7:07 PM

limera1n

The well-known iPhone hacker George Hotz aka Geohot has finally released the limera1n jailbreak for iPhone 3GS 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPhone 4 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 3G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 4G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, and iPad 3.2.2 hardware. Currently limera1n only works on Windows, but it should come to Mac and Linux soon.

Grab the limera1n download for Windows from this link. The limera1n jailbreak software doesn't use the SHAtter exploit unlike the greenpois0n jailbreak which does. When Geohot released limera1n he upset the greenpois0n jailbreak team (Chronic Dev Team) because Chronic Dev Team didn't want 2 different exploits being released at once. Geohot has forced Chronic Dev Team to save the SHAtter exploit and remake greenpois0n to use the same exploit that Geohot used in his limera1n jailbreak. Unfortunately this move by Geohot may delay the greenpois0n jailbreak, and push it past the original release date of 10/10/10 10:10:10 AM GMT.

The jailbreak scene is really getting interesting. I'm sure a lot of you will be happy though because limera1n has support for 3GS and 3G (oops, it doesn't support 3G for that you can use redsn0w), unlike greenpois0n which only had support for 4th gen devices because it used a different exploit. If you are satisfied with limera1n let us know in the comments below.

Matteo
October 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

i used it on my ipod touch 4g~works great!

1st
October 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

cool thanks

Connor
October 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

12 hours late..

October 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Still waiting for something that will work with 3GS | 4.1 | 05.14.02...

UberMouse
October 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Pheeew I read that first time around it didn't support 4th gen.

moi
October 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I just watched a stupid soap opera today.. it was called "iPhone Jailbreaking" I think the lead actor was geohot?

October 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

And what about people, like me, limera1n not workin? It does nothing in my iPhone4 soft 4.1

Aj
October 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Lol, I subscribed to the developers. I know what you mean though. LimeRa1n is dangerous though and I don't want to risk using their exploit with my iPhone 4. Who knows What could go wrong. Geohot's development is still in beta. He's been updating his exploit like every hour! I'm not sure what to make of the situation.

toioski
October 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM

BETA 3 now works with 3GS new bootroom, but if you rely unlock stay away!

moi
October 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM

wasn't limera1n updated to work with 3GS??

plumbgray
October 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Hi Guys
Happy to go with your decisions chaps. Sounds like the way to go with the Limera1n now and hope fully greenpois0n be around foe 4.2 or after. Thanks again guys great work the community appreciates you big time!!- plumbgray

Shawn
October 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Can the Limera1n jailbreak also unlock my 3G iOS 4.1 ????

Eddy178
October 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Complete ipad satisfaction

Raptor
October 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I'm on a 3GS MB model 4.1 | 5.14.02 and limera1n is working fine, give it a try

Gary O'flynn
October 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Worked on iphone 4, 3gs and ipad.....topman Geo

Gary O'flynn
October 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

@ shawn....yes it does work on 3G 4.1

JB
October 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

If I used an earlier beta is there any reason to re-jailbreak w/ the 4th beta???

rmart73
October 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

so i went with the beta 3 on limera1n, respring is buggy on my ipad, had to go thru the limera1n icon twice and had to restart several times on my ipt 3g to get cydia to show up, think i'll just restore and wait for greenpois0n.

renzo
October 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

redsnow for 3g

renzo
October 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM

ive got os 4.1 3gs and is not working

ankit
October 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

i jailbroke my 3gs 4.1...can i use PwnageTool 4.1 for unlock 5.14.02 OLD BOOTROOM??????????AS I HAVE OLD BOOT ROOM 3GS.....

moi
October 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

works perfect (so far - all day now) on my 4.1 unlocked iPhone4

SHSH saved on Cydia and everything

moi
October 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

works perfect (so far - all day now) on my (shipped w/4.1 unlocked) iPhone4

SHSH saved on Cydia and everything

daddy-yo
October 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

how do i use this jailbreak? can someone write up a short "how to"?

hardy
October 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

First time JBer here. Should I go with this or wait for Greenpois0n? My file is already backed up via Cydia

renzo
October 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Anybody else having problems with 3gs 4.1?

jacquie
October 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Love it! thanks!!!

clapps
October 9, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Works good on 3Gs(very simple) but i'm not sure that works on Iphone4 because in the title there isn't the word Iphone4. May i try to jailbreak my Iphone4?

Sharky
October 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for exposing another boot-rom which can be fixed now by Apple thank you geohot.. >.<

Sukhish
October 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Well...very very happy! thanks a ton Geohot, already installed and it works like charm on my 3gs...God bless you! :)

Nils
October 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Hey guys,
Limera1n now supports:
iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G

If u rely on an unlock, stay away from it for now, pwnage tool will be released as soon as possible. With a old bootrom you can preserve your baseband with tinyumbrella!

Jbgosbel
October 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Daamn wtf where is greenpoison
Or just limera1n works what to do
Greenpoison or limera1n

UberMouse
October 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Didn't work for me, kept failing when I had to go out of recovery every time I restarted it would go back into recovery and ask me to go back out of it again >.>
So I restored it 2 hours to download the restore.. yay..

MuscleTurd
October 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I'm not gonna risk using it while it's still in the beta stages.

Dakota
October 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Any reports on limera1n working on iPhone 3G?

Jazz-DK
October 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Hardy!! If i was you i would wait for the Greenpois0n or at least wait for more positive respons's from users of the Limira1n.
It is very hard for some of us to wait for Greenpois0n to come out, but i'm surre you Will be more relaxed using Greenpous0n :-)
Have fun
Jazz

shaun
October 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

love you guys....muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it works..!!!!!

Aaron
October 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

This i AWESOME. just jailbroken my iphone 4 on ios 4.1! thank you so much!

Aaron
October 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

yes you can i just did.

Moe
October 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I can never really care less about l1merain or greenpois0n, because non of them can jailbreak my ipt2g (MC) model. Neither does redsn0w or sn0wbreeze..!
I think am out of luck this time..='(

Shawn
October 9, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I know it can jailbreak it, but the question is can it UNLOCK IT soo that i can use other carriers sim ???

reallysadman
October 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

And whats about iPod Touch 2G MC model? :(

RomeyRome
October 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM

"Geohot has forced Chronic Dev Team..."

How is that even possible? Tell him to kick rocks & release whatever the fuck you want. They're probably all just a buch of IM buddies anyway.

SB
October 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Workd fine in a new 3GS with 4.1 IOS. Thanks A Lot

Alex
October 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM

i was able to install limera1n in 4g, but would not install cydia. it will go through downloading- iunpackaging- respring -then nothing. help?

wtf!!??
October 9, 2010 at 8:07 PM

what about the iphone 3G not 3gs

Alex
October 9, 2010 at 8:07 PM

nvm my previous post. didn't know i had to delete limera1n

Aadil
October 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM

it worked for... thanks you developer

captain
October 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

i have 3gs (new bootrom) on official 4.1 but when i try to use limera1n is just says waiting for device and my iphone does nothing it just stays on and nothing happens :0 please help me!!!

Shumala
October 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Does this jailbreak works on my iPod touch 8 gb?

aarn
October 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

hey, i've successfully jailbroken my ipod touch 3G but there's a prob when i try to install cydia it says respringing, please wait, but nothing happens

bill
October 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM

is a pleasure to me that the news that the iPhone's 4, limera1n works and allows you to install the cydia. However I still have not figured out how to unlock my device to use with other carriers.

name
October 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM

this is BullShit.. sucks at bigtime..assholes!!!

Vinigger
October 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM

What the hell is this? GeoHot is a dick releasing this just hours before greenpoison was coming out. This is a BETA version of a JB using it’s first users as guinea pigs! Why not release both? I would much prefer greenpoison because I havent heard any news about limerain and it just suddenly pops out of nowhere to steal the fame? Fucking douchebags. Why not release greenpoison as well and show how much better it is?

aarn
October 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Ok, it finally worked, but now i tried to uninstall cydia cos i've chosen something wrong, and it uninstalled limera1n, is this bad?

Ady
October 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Well I`ve just followed the instructions TWICE, to the letter. My Iphone 4 4.1 looked as though it was unlocking, no problems at all but I dont have Cydia anywhere.. I`ve re booted and it`s still not there.

Doesnt work

Markicc
October 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I've installed limera1n on iphone 4 4.1 installed cydia but icon not showing up. anybody had that problem?

numba
October 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I have a new bootrom 3gs, and this is how I got it to work.

1. go to http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-7938.20100908.F3rCk/iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw and download the 4.1 3GS Firmware

2. Install the newest iTunes

3. connect your iphone to usb cable and restart into DFU mode

4. in iTunes, hold shift-key and click on "RESTORE", and select the Firmware 4.1 you have just download.

5. right after the restore, go to www.limera1n.com and download the latest RC1 Beta download.

6. Run "make it rain" and run it until you have it on your home screen

7. Make sure to have Wifi hooked up and run the "limera1n app" to get Cydia.

notes: this worked only after I have freshly restored my iphone. Also, the "limera1n" app may look like a white block but just click it anyway.

There you go!

Markicc
October 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Problem resolved. if this happens. try installing it a couple times. It does work on 4th Gen Iphone 4.1 :D Cheers geohot

Dragos
October 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hey is it me or it's bullshit? My iTouch 2G MC isn't jailbroken. I did as limera1n said, followed the steps, it restarted and it's very much like before. Nothing changed, no Cydia. Help!

yanley504
October 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM

well it does that job and thats wat everyone wanted from a program sooner the better, 1 up to geohot for upstaging the chronicdev team, save the SHAtter exploit we may need it in the future XD, i think its funny how its a sort of battle for jailbreak releases, i was sort of looking forward to the 10/10/10 at 10:10 special once in a lifetime releas time, but o well

Northern Bloke
October 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

3GS with 4.1 just sat with limera1n saying waiting for phone, had to restore from scratch - and yes, it's a beta which is bang out of order. This is going nowhere near my 4.

Toasty
October 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM

i have the same problem

Danny
October 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Why didn't you just release greenpoison and not publish limera1n here? Sounds like bullshit, makes me think Apple is paying you off. I don't trust this, tell us the truth please.

Simon
October 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM

how long should i wait while it is in DFU mode??

PWN
October 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM

HAHAHA STFU Jailbreak newfag

Henrico christiansen
October 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM

It does not work for me, i've got a 3G on 3.1.3 and after it saids relese power button, nothing more happens?????

Nick
October 9, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I think it's great what did because I had to unlocked my 3GS. So far it's jailbroken I guess repo666 doesn't support the lastesr baseband but never the less I am very happy.
Ok guys Geo has work very hard on this jailbreak for all of us so we can enjoy free apps, use our phone on other networks and last but not lease able to sell our iPhone for top dollar, With that been said Please donate so we can keep these guy going in business. Remember it not easy what they do. Be fair and appreciated and donate!!!
Thanks Geo
Nick
Florida Mia .

gunner007
October 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Downloaded the beta3 JB for IP4 4.1, worked perfectly, thanks for a JB 4.1 phone! Cheers!

BASICPAPERNINJA
October 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM ON MY 3GS 4.0.2 NEW BOOTROM WHICH HAD NEVER BEEN JAILBROKEN BEFORE.. AFTERWARDS I UNLOCKED IT WITH ULTRASN0W WITH NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER, I ACTUALLY SENT A SMALL DONATION TO GEOHOT BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THIS IPHONE SITTING IN ITS BOX FOR OVER 2 MONTHS NOW

Simon
October 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM

so you couldn't get it to JB??

CptChaos
October 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Wonderfull how users don't read which iDevices are supported and which aren't. Hopefully iPod Touch 2G support comes quickly!!

BASICPAPERNINJA
October 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I ALSO HACKTIVATED AND JAILBREAKED A I4 ON 4.1 SO IT'S ALL GOOOOD

Reb00t
October 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Nice geohot.

Bunion
October 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I'm using 4.2 beta 1 on my ipad 16gb wifi. The jailbreak didn't work x 2 attempts. Anyone else try with better results?

Alex
October 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

delete limera1n

limrain sucks
October 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM

DONT EVEN try to JB WITH this IT SUCKS

kmanuk
October 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM

works perfectly just installed on 3gs loaded up cydia,then appsync.
at first cydia didnt show ,so turn of phone and turn back on again
also when first using cydia it tried to rearrange if this happens press home button and open cydia again ,keep doing this until the user interface comes up saves alot of problems.
many thanks to geohot for an excellent jailbreak

Pasca
October 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Works great! Any change that i can upload my IPA files or do i need Appsync for that?

Northern Bloke
October 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Nope, restored it and tried again and it's just sitting with the message release power button (as before) and doing nothing. I'm going to try again as per Numba's instructions above

SizeQueen
October 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM

IOS 4, stupid!
Read before next time!

iPwnU
October 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM

goddamnit, just fucking release greenpois0n already!! i've waited too long for this moment! "oh no, geohot released limera1n on the same day we release greenpois0n" BIG FUCKING DEAL! so what if geohot released limera1n at the same time greenpois0n? just go pwn limera1n with the SHAtter exploit that greenpois0n has!

Marc
October 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I was very disappointed in greenpoison becuz they promise it can jailbreak all. But unfortunately its only for a4 :(( ... When i see limerain i was very happy because it jailbreak my iphone 3gs. Thank you very much geohot :). And its earlier release than greenpoison

SP
October 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM

My iPhone 3GS 4.1 with 5.14.02 baseband still doesn't recognize the SIM... which is not At&T.. how to unlock the phone ? please help...

Vlad
October 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM

sorry for asking..after jailbreak how can i unlock my 3G S 4.1 ??thx

John
October 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Works like a charm on my iphone 4
4.1 os

For those who cant see cydia just restart ur phone

Good luck

Tom
October 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM

UberMouse you are such noob. For everyone out there Limera1n WORKS PERFECTLY for my iphone4 in version 4.1 I followed the Limera1n instructions, installed Cydia then downloaded the hackulo source and installed appSync 4.1. Works fine.
Just one thing, there is a small glitch when you try to download the hackulo source via Cydia, if this happens just restart your iphone and it go away.Woo hoo finally got all my apps back.

nd
October 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Are we sure this isn't just an exploit to justify other delays for the Shatter jailbreak from greenpois0n dev team?

s12
October 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I'm glad limera1n is out and delivers as promised. Honestly, i was never sure Chronic Dev team was going to commit to a release date - some publications speculated that greenpoison would be released on 10/10/10 and this news got caught on by others. Only then a concrete release date was announced by Chronic because they knew they couldn't milk the google hits for greenpoison anymore.

maz
October 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I tried this on my 2g ipod touch which is also a mc model; and it doesn't work; it says that it is jailbrokern but cydia isn't on my home screen. I guess greenpois0n will work wont it? and if limera1n does work how do i do it?

RIAD
October 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

iPhone 4 4.1 worked like a charm just had to restart to get Cydia icon thank u geohot for a great job well done

October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

this is great Godbless to you guys..

shaun
October 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

hey i cant install any applications other than apples's

sr4m
October 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

thank to geohot! works fine on iphone 4

MAC=no jailbreak
October 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

This is very disappointing as the limerain (mistakenly put lime wire) is only available for WINDOWS users. For those of us who have MAC, we are now out of luck. The jailbreak is completed so is it such a big deal to at least release the mac version so those of us who use mac can FINALLY jailbreak our phones? I understand not wanting to have start again once the new update is out but by the time someone decides to release the mac version I may be deployed again and unable to do the jailbreak.

iGod
October 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM

bullshit

Trigger
October 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM

thx! worked fine !!

sick
October 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM

just jailbroke my ipod touch 4g, works perfectlly. cydia appeared first time, thanks geohut.

Wind
October 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Thanks dev team anyway ... We know u been working hard on GreenPois0n but we really appreciate the work u done for us... Pls just ignore the silly people keep saying stupid words...thanks for the jailbreakme and all the unlocked and jailbreak software...

Stupid people just forgot what u done for them and they never will and all their life only exist with complaints ... Pity pity

Kovka
October 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I does not work on my ipod touch os 4.1. I tried to do this many times and I still cant see the Cydia icon, even if I restart my device. :(

JoeBuddy
October 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Can someone that has a iPhone 4 with 4.1 give me a little help with instructions, as I have tried to run limera1n and it just says waiting for device....

Ice Pana
October 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Well I tried to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPod Touch4 and cydia didn't showed even after restartng. Some ideas how to find out if it's jailbroken?

Darkchief
October 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Guys it's probably a stupid question, but in the text there is no mentioning of the iphone 3g. So my question is: Does it also work for the iphone 3g?

Thnx in advance

reb00t
October 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I ran the jailbreak 7 times before it worked you get a white icon named limera1n where you can install cydia in.

Device: Iphone 4, iOS 4.1

First time it got jailbreaked and trust me my phone like it my phone is out of apples jail. freedom

Respect Geohot

Simon
October 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I get to : in DFU mode then I release the home button.. when should ya release the home button?
How long will it be in DFU mode before I knowing that it is not going to work and have to restore?

Tyler Leslie
October 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Ya except when I did it, I lost 1/2 of my icons and am trying to restore my iphone now... let cydia so its thing

Ben
October 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Please make an app for mac users!

Je
October 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM

It works great on iPhone 4 ios 4.1 :)

Ice Pana
October 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Yes, this is what I'm waiting, apple's apps always run better and get-to-know better with other applde devices

Andy
October 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I was actually supportive of the Chronic Dev seam saying delay was better to get a more stable JB that isn't going to brick loads of phones, and then they announce a few days before that it's only 4G or newer phones that it will for which felt like a kick in the balls as I have a 3GS and have been following the updates everyday for weeks. Well done Geohot for pushing the competition and not forgetting those of us with older devices.

DaDosDude
October 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM

It seems like limera1n doesnt work for my iphone 4, it put it in recovery mode, telling me to hold power and home, and then releasing power, and then try again... Could you guys please release the SHAtter jailbreak anyhow? for all the iphone 4 users..

I'm gonna try j/bing one more time after my iphone has recovered...

nanuk
October 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

thx for this but do not work for me try around 10 time i follow the instruction at the end tell me that it's now jailbreak but cant find cyndia anywhere ipod touch 4g 4.1

DaDosDude

Me 2 :(

Cas
October 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Same problem :(

Ben
October 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Can we expect an ETA on the application for mac? :)

Sam
October 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM

i trid Limera1n on my I phone4 IOS 4.1 and i installed the Cydia . But still did not unlocked. Please need help. ((My firmware 02.10.04))
Thanks

JamieWoo
October 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Iphone 4 4.1

Ok had some problems but sorted now this is what i found..

Tried for like half an hour to load limera1n but with no joy..each time said it was done..even after restart still no joy..

The problem was for me i have USB 2.0 PCI card and i was using one of the ports...AS soon as i swithed to a internal USB 1.1 port it WORKED !st time..at the end i saw the Limera1n symbol on black screen which b4 i did not.

Now after restart on home screen i see Limera1n in white..at this point i could not get WIFI working but after the old reset network settings trick job done.

Can i say also many thanx to all on this site, a great help !!

Sam
October 9, 2010 at 10:03 PM

what is your firmware?

Rolsted
October 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM

The jailbreak scene is really getting interesting. I’m sure a lot of you will be happy though because limera1n has support for 3GS and 3G, unlike greenpois0n which only had support for 4th gen devices because it used a different exploit. If you are satisfied with limera1n let us know in the comments below.

DaDosDude
October 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM

After a recovery and retry, the jailbreak worked, I tried to install Cydia, and had to reboot after install, cuz it didn't show, but now everything works! Thanks for the jailbreak guys, And geohot for the jailbreak. My iPhone 4 is finally as awesome as my 3g :P

tobi
October 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM

i tried limera1n on an already jailbroken (blackra1ned) iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 and now nothing is working. what should i do?

David
October 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM

ok so if i am running beta version 1 what would be the process to "update" to beta 4?? is it possible without restoring original ipa?

thanks oh and beta version 1 is running beautifully :D

Darkchief
October 9, 2010 at 10:13 PM

yeah, i read that one. But in the begin it says supporting for ipod touch 3g. maybe they meant that one with 3g. Also its like in the begin it says supporting for number 1 and 2 (example) and then at the end, support for numbers 1, 2 and 3.

But thnx anyway

UberMouse
October 9, 2010 at 10:22 PM

It's not just for iOS 4... Maybe read yourself?

Amir
October 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM

This is Awesome, it just took 1 minute for the entire process. Guys seriously forget green poison, Limera1n will do the job.

iphone 4G 4.0.2

zaph
October 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM

limera1n worked like a charm for me, first time no problems, just reboot phone after cydia install and it will appear,(only bug i found)

release a mac version for those who need it and forget greenpoison,

thx geohot u never fail us :)

Gbo6
October 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Good work ... :)

Darkchief
October 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

So limerain did work for iphone 3g 4.1?

taetaetaetea
October 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Thank you! thank you! thank you!
Thank you very very very very much!!!!
Now I can usu my 3gs as full phone not a half a phone!!!
God bless...

Greg
October 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone is having a "waiting for device" problem when running limera1n. I have a 3gs. Please help

tobi
October 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM

where can i get an unlock for this????

concerned
October 9, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Does anybody who Knows Geohot in person for real-Know for sure it was him that released this, and not the dev team or chronic dev team doing it to completely finish him off and turn the world against him? It's obvious that they all hate him- Don't be sheep and believe it just because they said so. Just sayin'

Psymon
October 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Does this jailbreak carrier unlock my iPhone 4 4.1? I have full access to Cydia etc now that i've jailbroken it.

But i dont want to attempt to cut in my sim-card, if its not carrier unlocked.

Any suggestions?

Stingsands
October 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I'm not completely happy because it appears to be no unlock just jailbreak and need jailbreak and unlock.

Mike Dee
October 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Yes indeed this is awesome,worked 1st time in about 1 min using iphone 4 firmware 4.0.2

Very easy to use (as all JBing software has been from Geohot)

I think all who use Geohot's JBing should at least donate $5 bucks for all his hard work.If it wasn't for people like him we would all be in some serious trouble,like using our iphones as it came out of the box,very lame..

So thanks Geohot for everything,u da man....

me
October 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM

i have that problem too.... with ipod touch 2g (mc)

iHaveItNow
October 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM

If you have an iPhone 3G you need to use redsn0w 0.9.6.....I've had it since Thursday it works beautifully :-)

DibDib
October 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Well, limera1n is not working for me - I've gone through the whole procedure 4 times - it never shows the limera1n logo, and limera1n is not installed. I have a iPhone 4 running 4.1 on BB 1.59. Only thing I can think of the phone is not activated, as it's a Orange (UK) phone that I'm using in South Africa.

If anyone has any ideas why I have this problem, it will be greatly appreciated if u can help me.

Psymon
October 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM

iHaveItNow: Its an iPhone 4 i've got.

Locked
October 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Anyone has tried this jailbreak?

hsn82
October 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I tried it on my factory unlocked iphone 4 firmware 4.1 but it didnt work

Helikoptermamma
October 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I downloaded it just a while ago on my Touch 4G, and so far it works a treat. From the white limera1n icon Cydia can be installed, and then everything is just like normal. Thanx a lot! :D

Rochas
October 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I did limera1n with success on my iPhone 3GS IOS 4.1 NOW I HAVE CYNDIA But i need to unlock it any ideas ultrasn0w doesn't work :-(

lordzed
October 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM

works as easy as pie... tnx so much geohot

Sam Bryan
October 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Seems this jailbreak method needs the itunes helper running to detect after it gets to release power button?? Since there was no instructions for this it seems we have to guess at the correct process .....

Wouter
October 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Works great on my Iphone 3GS , just need an unlock since ultrasnow aint working..

Sam Bryan
October 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM

and as Rochas mentioned, I thought this was a way to unlock the phones carrier as well? seems to there is still work to be done on this jailbreak.... I'm glad I have a second phone to play with....

chavo
October 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM

so easy!!!! i just jailbreak my iphone 4 and works perfectly

Sam Bryan
October 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

To everyone reading this I got this directly from limera1n.com

limera1n is unpatchable
untethered thanks to jailbreakme star comex
released today to get chronicdev to do the right thing
brought to you by geohot
hacktivates
Mac coming soon
follow the instructions in the box, sadly limera1n isn't one click
that's the price of unpatchability
as usual, donations appreciated but not required
still in beta, pardon my ragged edges
AppleTV is technically supported, but theres no apps yet
zero pictures of my face

known bugs
some people must reboot to see Cydia
some people still don't have windows
beta iOS versions aren't supported
iPod Touch 2G support coming soon
for 3G, use redsn0w
limera1n app is a white box, i know. use it anyway

changelog
BETA1 - first release
BETA2 - fixed kernel patching magic, rerun BETA2+ over BETA1
BETA3 - fixed new bootrom 3GS
BETA4 - uninstall fixed, respring fixedish

Ipod touh 3g
October 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM

This didnt work on my ipod touch 3rd gen 4.1 firmware can anyone help please ?

i followed the steps with no mistakes but the limera1n didnt come up !

please help thanks

xobybr
October 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM

i wish it would work for ipod touh 2g (non MC) i dont wabt to keep jailbreaking everytime there is an update =(

ZD
October 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I have an Ipod Touch 2g mc model and tryed jailbreaking it on 4.1 and Limera1n froze when my Ipod entered DFU-mode. Also Itunes didn't show my Ipod when it was in DFU so I can't downgrade it either.

Help please.

~ZD

iphone 4 4.0.2
October 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM

it doesn't work with 4.0.2 iphone 4. is says done, but the icon doesn't appear.. help

Chevek
October 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I was Having the problem If running Limera1n and it not instaling. It would go threw everything then nothing. I got mine to work by running it as Admin and also having itunes open. I hope that helps anyone.

Sam Bryan
October 10, 2010 at 12:02 AM

you can try unplugging your usb and then re insert it to redect it, but if you read above itunes helper file needs to be running for greenrain to detect dfu mode .... Weird I now but thats what works for me

Sam Bryan
October 10, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Anyone tried to greenra1n freshly restored 3G on ios4.1 without a sim card ? and has anyone had any luck with ultrasn0w ??

Gbo6
October 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Please help .... Is there a way to open the lock at&t
and jailbreak my iphone 4 v 4.0.2 ?

Scott
October 10, 2010 at 12:14 AM

So I did the jailbreak, seemed to work correctly..........no Cydia store though. Something wrong. Any idea where/how to download that onto the phone if it is jailbroken?

Stingsands
October 10, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Do people ever consider that they just doing something wrong, it works people it works.

Danny b
October 10, 2010 at 12:18 AM

LIMERA1N is a DECOY BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT GOING TO FINISH GREENPOIS0N in time

Jair
October 10, 2010 at 12:18 AM

does this also work on the iphone 3g?

wolfmark
October 10, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Having same proble here have tried putting phone in restore mode before uing but does not work
Need help

Treesmoker
October 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Hey, are their any jailbreaks for the ipod touch "g MC model on iOS 4.1 ???

Valamir
October 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Wish this supported iPhone 3g. Nothing will work on my 3g due to 4.1 I guess.

Danny b
October 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Help !!! Will i be able to UNLOCK A 4.0.2 IPHONE 4 ??????

blindbill
October 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM

this worked on my 3gs 4.1 but im having trouble installing cydia. After i press install, it resprings but doesnt show up.

Valamir
October 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM

According to p0sixninja's twitter post geo stole the exploit that greenpois0n was supposed to use.

"wow, geohot steals our untethered exploit just so he can release first.... talk about #a******"

Saffi
October 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Just done my 3GS, perfect. Good job. :D

blindbill
October 10, 2010 at 12:32 AM

:D nvm rebooted the phone and it worked. lol

HankLee
October 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM

the limera1n wasn' work with my iPhones 4 ( i got 3 iPhones 4G), hope greenpoison release as soon as posible

d00d
October 10, 2010 at 12:50 AM

who cares?

alex
October 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM

well i just tried on my 2 generation ipod touch and it didint do anything...

Sef
October 10, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Does this work on a 3gs ios 4.0.2 or do i need to upgrade to 4.1?

Tyler
October 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I'm using an iPod touch 3rd gen mc model and limera1n gets stuck on "waiting for device"....:,( any advice? I've been waiting forever to jb and I'm pissed that it's not working... hELP!!!!!!!!! Thankz

atifgz
October 10, 2010 at 1:03 AM

does we have to uninstall limera1n after installing cydia???

Psycho!
October 10, 2010 at 1:05 AM

doez it work with iphone 4, 4.1?

tr3v0r
October 10, 2010 at 1:07 AM

yes i get the same thing with my ipod touch 4. it is very annoying!! anyone know how to fix? i think i will just wait for greenpois0n....

iPhone user
October 10, 2010 at 1:11 AM

thanks limera1n!!! this is great!

JonnyAppleGeek
October 10, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Installed on iPhone4 4.1. Works excellent. Thanks so much Geohot for your hard work. The hole Greenpois0n delayed thing is a shame, but hopefully it will come out eventually and work just as good.

Neel
October 10, 2010 at 1:11 AM

you are just awesome................

mojo
October 10, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Is limera1n a tethered jailbreak?

October 10, 2010 at 1:17 AM

HEY! Mac people. I ported it.

Banshee
October 10, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Go on geohot!!! Piss on greenpois0n! U the man!

S
October 10, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Can you unlock iPhone 3G 4.1 for a Mac?

memomg
October 10, 2010 at 1:29 AM

ok nise for cydia install but stell my iphone 3gs new boot rom jailed & waiting for activation Wat i can do ???
ultrasn0w is install from cydia plesss help me

selwyn
October 10, 2010 at 1:33 AM

this totally didnt work on my ipad running 3.2.2 =(

DJK
October 10, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Hey Greg,
I seem to be having the same problem as you.
I tried to run limera1n.exe in a virtual machine, but it only says 'waiting for device'.
Tell me if you solve the problem

Sam Bryan
October 10, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Can anyone pls advise as to what I might be doing wrong ?
I restored phone to current 4.1 activated the phone, and then tried
limera1n and it says in DFU mode ... Wait and it's been lie this for more than an hr ....
HELP pls ...

Kix25
October 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM

I really need your help guyz ! Does Limera1n works for my iphone 4 (at&t) runnig ios 4.0.2 ??!!

chr1s
October 10, 2010 at 1:53 AM

THANKS! WELL DONE!
Just jailbroke my iPhone 4 with limera1n. Worked like a charm. Finaly I can start using it for real. Been missing the sweet little Cydia-app for too long.

mauro
October 10, 2010 at 1:55 AM

wait for osx version..i tried win version under mac with wine but it stay stuck on "waiting for device"

please!

DD
October 10, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Does anyone know if I have to be synced to the Windows iTunes? I have a PC but am synced to a Mac.

TheFlash
October 10, 2010 at 2:05 AM

I have an Iphone4 factory unlocked with IOS 4.1 and this exploit worked properly. I installed Cydia with no issues (remember to reboot the phone after downloading cydia)

Chard
October 10, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Wow. That was incredibly easy. 3GS 4.1 New bootrom, no problems. Restart after installing Cydia. Thanks a pantload Geohot.

DibDib
October 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Well it's been sorted. Had to try a few times more and then put it in DFU mode manually - then it worked. Installed Ultrasn0w as well (updated to 4.1 using TinyUmbrella).

chris
October 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Can you now use face time over 3G instead of being limited to WiFi?
I cant see any more real significance in jailbreaking any more since you can customize most stuff with the ios4 and iphone 4.

Vuruskan
October 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

it sets itself up to my ipt3g mc model 8gb but after several reboots there is No cydia.

dhe_answer
October 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

sweet!just had my iphone4 4.1 JB, took less than a minute if done right! thanks limera1n!

luigi