Home » » Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered -- iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,iPad, iPod touch 4G, and iPod touch 3G

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, May 25, 2012 | 11:12 PM

Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
iOS users can now jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered. The Chronic Dev Team have released the easy to use GUI based Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreaking software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The Absinthe jailbreak software supports the following devices:
  • iPhone 4S 5.1.1
  • iPhone 4 5.1.1
  • iPhone 3GS 5.1.1
  • iPad 3 5.1.1/iPad 2 5.1.1/iPad 1 5.1.1
  • iPod touch 4G/3G
  • Apple TV 2nd gen
Download Links and Instructions on how to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.1

1. Download and install Absinthe 2.0.1:  Windows, Mac, or Linux.

2. Backup your iOS device in iTunes by right-clicking your device name under "Devices" menu and click "Back Up".

3. After your backup is finished, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -  and tap the Erase All Content and Settings option.

4. Make sure your device is connected via USB cable to your computer. Open Absinthe 2.0.1 and click the Jailbreak button.

5. After your device is jailbroken, go to iTunes and restore your backup by right-clicking your device from the "Devices" menu and clicking "Restore from Backup" and selecting the latest backup.

6. That's it, enjoy your jailbreak!

[Source:  Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! - GreenPois0n blog]

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.

Lina
May 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM

i lost all my text messages and my settings. i backed up my iphone with itunes. i got my contacts back, but where are my old settings and my text messages? help please

randy
May 27, 2012 at 4:50 AM

where is the "jailbreak" button at am so lost please help

Unique
May 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I followed everything to the letter and it keeps failing going into recovery mode telling me to unplug and try again.

A little help please

Unique
May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Tried it again and this is what its exactly before it goes into recovery

Hmm..something seems to have gone wrong... trying to recover

And once it's finishes it say:

Recovery Completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in.

Huffy
May 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Thanks

HHH
May 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM

After I updated to 5.1.1 absinthe 2.0.1 says my iPhone 4 not supported!!! Does the jailbreak include 5.1.1(208) or 5.1.1(206) please help? Restored from iTunes currently on 5.1.1(208) and can't change it to 5.1.1(206)..any ideas Plz

Juliet
May 30, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Works great - thanks!
Once I'd realised I had to activate my iPod Touch 4th Gen, GreenPoison then installed just fine & now I'm having fun browsing through Cydia's vast library of apps. great stuff!

bob
May 31, 2012 at 5:10 AM

How do i download it for mac?

May 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Cydia

May 31, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Dowlood cydia iPhone 4

Kieran
June 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Has anybody tried this with a 3GS??

I tried to jailbreak a while back to the IOS5 when it first came out, and something messed up real bad. Had to take it to get fixed somewhere. Also, the very first time I jailbroke last year, I had to use the iPad baseband, is this still the case and does it automatically sort it in Absinthe? Does this unlock it to any network as well? The only reason i have a jailbreak is so i can use my Three sim in an originally Orange iPhone.

Dont want to have to go through all this for it not to work, and have to mess about with IOS4.2 or something

Thanks

June 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I need help with the jailbreak Jenerashin 4 Plz

June 7, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Hej

November 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM

YouTube is your friend texturals for jailbrake

November 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM

thankyu

May 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Get the newest jailbreak 6.1.3 for iphone. Jailbroke my phone and cydia was automatically installed. Got the guide here at jailbreakhome.com

February 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM

@Kieran

I have unlocked my iphone3gs by using remote unlock method. I got remote unlocking service from this site Simpleunlocking.com then unlocked my iphone3gs easily. Now i can easily swap from one network to another network.