Home » » Apple iPhone 5 Release Date is in September 2011 [RUMOR]

Apple iPhone 5 Release Date is in September 2011 [RUMOR]

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 | 8:55 AM

iPhone 5 Release Date
According to three sources who talked to Reuters today, the new Apple iPhone 5 Release Date will be in September 2011, and production of the iPhone 5 hardware will begin in July 2011.

The sources also told Reuters that the iPhone 5 will have a hardware design that is very similar to the iPhone 4, and it will have a faster processor. Apple will be holding their WWDC 2011 Announcement on June 6, so we may find out about the iPhone 5 at that time. If we don't, then Apple will most likely announce the iPhone 5 release date during their annual event that takes place in September.

If this report by Reuters is true, then I'll definitely not be buying an iPhone 5 because I don't like the fact that Apple keeps reusing the same design and I don't need a faster processor. Will you buy the iPhone 5 if it has a similar design?

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for iPhone news and updates.

[Source: Reuters]

Tony
April 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Fanbois sure will! They wouldn't want to upset Steve.

Huh?
April 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM

You're a moron if you think the only new thing it'll have is a faster processor. And what do you mean "keep" re-using the same design? There's been three distinct designs, idiot.

Xaliax
April 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Yes I will buy it, there are morons that pau hundreds on old hardware, I just sold today my i4 32gb for 750, and its not even unlocked, im gonna put that money aside and buy the new one, every year since the iphone 2g I've been doing the sane thing. I own a cellphone repair shop, and lets pu it this way, would you trust your phone to be repaired by a guy holding a 6yo nokia or to a guy thats holding an i5 on release date?

Steve
April 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Your extremely certain titles are really misleading. This is all hearsay, you should make that clear with a different title such as "iPhone 5 Release Date is Rumored to be in September 2011"

Brian
April 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Depends on the pricing for existing customers. Also, if it will handle AT&T's upgrade to LTE, I will definitely get one. I can do 4Mb/sec with my 4. Using my 4 as a hotspot I can run my laptop and ipad at the same time with no problem. I can only imagine the speed and data capabilities of a 5. Where I live now, there was a test with a wireless internet carrier using an LTE network. They reached constant speeds of 32 Mb/sec. I would just like to know what speed will the carrier and device allow, since we know what the LTE network equipment can do.

Andrew
April 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM

No. I agree it needs an updated appearance as well.

Hans
April 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Just updated the title with [RUMOR], sorry for that!

T
April 20, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Only if I can sell my iPhone 4 at at least breakeven

the fridge
April 20, 2011 at 6:03 PM

xaliaxdoes having an i5 on release date make you a better repair man then, i don't think so

Truidenity
April 21, 2011 at 2:32 AM

If the ip5 has the LTE antena ill go for it i think the design on the ip4 is great its smaller than the 3G/3Gs the battery life is 30% better and its 2x faster with a yet faster processer rumored for the ip5 its a hands down choice for many people who depend on their iphone for more than just music and games i cant wait to see the turnout over the previous modles..... In case you have never been to an apple store its Always packed its juvinile to think almost any product apple puts wont be a success.

Crazy2hack
April 21, 2011 at 4:51 AM

This is awesome! if they update the download speed i will reach my down load limit of 2gb in one hour (Y)

April 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM

your iPhone can be a bit more unique ). it sounds cool..

LuvMyiPhone
April 21, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Hopefully will allow time to put some other things inside like NFC, LTE, larger screen, etc. I love iPhone4 design, best by far.

Mar
April 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I love my i4 32GB screen, space, but wouldnt mind a bit bigger screen in I5 as well as faster CPU. DAB or FM radio would be a good uPgrade,LTE antenna is not a bad idea either. I am fine with the same design, just do not want to have to hold it in a specific way to reach fast download speed, so if they fixed this issue without changing a design (I hate that bumper apple sent me free of charge) I would be happy to upgrade. They could do A LOT about the iOS itself, which I believe they are going to do on 6th June, but I would expect more - normal notifications like in other phones, home screen is currently a piece of crap, something has to be done about it. Oh, that 8mpx camera from Sony sounds promising, but a proper strobe flash would be a nice addition. And the maybe even dedicated camera button.

Roman
April 22, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I'm getting it.
Faster CPU, bigger screen plus more.

Haha, I actually had every iPhone ever build.

Marco B.
April 22, 2011 at 5:20 AM

iPhone 5 is also rumored to be reliable on the 4G network so Web Surfing, Downloading, and Streaming will be whole lot faster. I would say, Yes. It's worth it to get the iPhone 5, that is, if your wallets don't complain.

Josh
April 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I am an iPhone fan, having bought the the 3G, 4 and iPad (1) but you have to wonder
@Roman - u r an idiot! - a true fanbois, blind brainless devotion.
@Huh - 3 DISTINCT designs ? That's rubbish mate. The 3GS had only very minor design and functional differences and yet the fanbois masses lapped it up, only to have it superseded in such a relatively short time. The same has now been done now with the iPad 2. Thinner - big deal!! Cameras - about time. More memory and faster processor YAWN. video resolution exactly the same.
come on apple lift ya game and stop money-gouging your faithful fans !!!

kapsel
April 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM

i buy it becouse i have got iphone 3gs (iphone 4 antena issue i was AVOIDING)

Daz
April 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I'll be going for the iPhone 5. Currently have a 3GS and after all the antenna probs with the 4 will be hanging on.

Joni reid
April 28, 2011 at 2:31 AM

I would like the shape design of the IPhone 3 for the IPhone 5 the shape looks nicer and easier on reception, signal than IPhone 4