Home » » Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch4G/3G/2G, and iPad

Written By Hans Berger on Thursday, February 3, 2011 | 8:08 PM

Untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak - Greenpois0n (MAC)Those that want to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered have now gotten their wish. Today Chronic Dev Team released the greenpois0n 1.0 RC 5 update. This version of the greenpois0n software supports the following devices:

• iPhone 4 - 4.2.1

• iPhone 3GS - 4.2.1

• iPod touch 4G - 4.2.1

• iPod touch 3G - 4.2.1

• iPod touch 2G - 4.2.1

• iPad 1G - 4.2.1

• Apple TV - 4.2.1

Instructions on how to use greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 (MAC) to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on your device are below. Only the Mac version is out right now, but we will also make a post here once the Windows version is out. If you're a Windows user, please subscribe to our YouTube, follow us on Twitter, and fan us on Facebook for updates.

Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered with Greenpois0n for Mac Tutorial

1. Download greenpois0n for Mac, then watch this video or follow the instructions below.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes (currently that is version 10.1.2) otherwise you won't be able to do a 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. To do that go to iTunes - > Check for Updates.

3. Connect your iOS 4.2.1 device to your computer using the white USB cable.

4. If iTunes opens, make sure you close it!

5. Open the greenpois0n application to begin the jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered process.
greenpois0n 4.2.1 ios jailbreak untethered

6. Follow the instructions within greenpois0n so you can get an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak:

1. Press and hold the sleep button (2 seconds)

2. Continue holding sleep; press and hold home button (10 seconds)

3. Release sleep button; continue holding home button (15 seconds)

7. After following step 6, your device will be in DFU mode and greenpois0n will start jailbreaking iOS 4.2.1 untethered on your device.

8. Once your device is successfully jailbroken untethered on your iOS 4.2.1 software, then your device will reboot and you will see a green icon named "Loader" on your device.

9. Tap on the green "Loader" application to open it, and then tap on Cydia and tap on "Install" to install Cydia. Now Cydia should be on your iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken untethered device, and you should be able to install jailbroken apps on it.

Troubleshooting

1. Cydia does not show up on my iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak device after using Loader? - Try rebooting your device and seeing if it shows up. I had to restart my iPhone 4 and it showed up after rebooting.

2. greenpois0n is stuck on greenpois0n initialized and has the following error message:

• unable to find gBdevList

• unable to find fs_mount

• unable to find fs_unmount

• unable to find fs_load_file

• The above problem did not occur on my device. If anyone had this problem, please be sure to share how you fixed it in the comments so other people can fix this problem if they come across it as well. UPDATE: Greenpois0n RC 5.2 is released, and should fix this problem.

3. greenpois0n 1.0 RC 5 Quit Unexpectedly - Just relaunch it and try it again!

How did greenpois0n work for you? Were you able to successfully untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on your device? Let us know in the comments below.

Anthony
February 4, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I had the above problem with the unable to find errors and I simply kept trying over and over until it worked. I have spoken to a few others and the same thing worked. So if it happens to you just keep trying over and over until it works. Also If you still don't have Cydia after a reboot you can use the redsn0w method to install Cydia

kingfinity
February 4, 2011 at 12:24 AM

The jailbreak worked for my iPad 16GB Wifi. It was previously jailbroken using the tethered jaibreak from redsn0w. So far, the wifi icon is there and Installous is working. The apps I downloaded are still working.

Thanks chronic dev team. :)

parker
February 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Loader is not showing me Cydia even after reboot.

xkuruma
February 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM

well. first I had that "unable to find stuff" issue, I tried a couple of times more and it worked, I opened up loader, started to download cydia and iTunes synced with my iphone for like 2 seconds, and now when I open loader, it doesn't show anything, so I can't start the download....
DAMN. what to do here ? :D

thanks :)

Hans
February 4, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Due to many other users like you the server which hosts the Cydia download is overloaded. I recommend trying downloading some other time, or you can just use redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 and install Cydia through that. It's very easy to use redsn0w and install it and that's what other people seem to be doing too right now.

Hans
February 4, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Due to many other users like you, the server which hosts the Cydia download is overloaded. I recommend trying downloading some other time, or you can just use redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 and install Cydia through that. It's very easy to use redsn0w and install it and that's what other people seem to be doing too right now.

angela
February 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Does this support Iphone 4 running 01.59.00 baseband on OS 4.0.1? (used Jailbreakme)

Christian
February 4, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Would using redsn0w to install void the "un" in untethered? Like many others i used greenpois0n and loader is blank, would redsn0w be untethered?

Roman
February 4, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Crap, I'm using iOS 4.3 beta 3 now...

Looks like it's worth downgrading back to 4.2.1...
I did it after beta 1 & 2 with no problems. Hope it works with beta 3 also.

Both times my baseband downgraded back to the one included in 4.2.1... From both beta 1 & 2. Will see about beta 3 in a little.

February 4, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I am unable to get red sn0w to work it gives me an error everytime

Hans
February 4, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Using redsn0w wouldn't void the "untethered". The only reason you would use redsn0w is to install Cydia by checking the "Install Cydia" box and following the instructions there. Your device is already jailbroken and untethered, so redsn0w doesn't do it again, it just installs Cydia.

Doe
February 4, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Thanks! Great work. Windows version asap please.

RT'd

habo
February 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM

iphone 3gs bb 06.15 4.2.1
using greenpois0n RC 5.2
after unable to find stuff it proceeds
then the error
unable to mount user filesystem
....
Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up...

then it stucks

Tezz001
February 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Works on my iPhone 4, but won't work at all on my iPad, just fails each and also sometimes greenpois0n will crash my MacBook pro

February 4, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Same thing happen to me and I found out 2 things, wasn't using the right itunes and then i restore with new update itunes and then use Greenpoins0n again and the same error came up, but it went through right after.

War
February 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Will this allow iPhone 4 usage with tmobile or is this strictly a jailbreak? Still waiting patiently since november to use my iPhone as a phone.

Smith
February 4, 2011 at 5:06 AM

RC 5.2 didn't solve the troubleshooting problem 2 at all !!!

FS
February 4, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Can you send me the program GP for mac via email?

jcashcollector
February 4, 2011 at 5:31 AM

My iphone4 4.2.1 was already jailbroken with RedSn0w. After running GreenPois0n my phone did not restore, and I don't see the loader app. I do see the skull when restarting and my phone is now untethered. Not sure why, but I like it.

JW
February 4, 2011 at 5:36 AM

I have an iPod touch 2g (MC)
Ï try to run GP, but after it has done all of the DFU process, asks me to "try again?"
any help? plz direct to joel.123.ward2@gmail.com

Nate
February 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM

the same thing is happening to me. the app keeps quitting unexpectedly and i've relaunched it dozens of times. nothing is working -.-

Alex
February 4, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Please post another way to enter DFU mode, for those whose SLEEP button got broken.

alex
February 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM

ive manged to successfully jailbreak but loader is giving me a blank. says 'loading sources' then i get a full white page.
ne 1 with similar problem??

Drkfalzar
February 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Fix your sleep button or open it up and short the circuit to activate that button. Not really any way around it dude, sorry. :/

PatrickO
February 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Same here... iPad won't be jailbroken... Greenpois0n says Failed :( every time... :( Just have to wait for the final version I guess...

MNY
February 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I hope untethered for Windows will be coming soon. In that case if I already using tethered redsnow, can I use greenpoison?

Beau
February 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Sadly... there is no other way

M
February 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM

The installment was fine, but the app loader did not show anything. By mistake click uninstall and now i can't find it. does it anyone now how to get it back?

Alalvi
February 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I got the same problem, the load dont show me nothing.

J
February 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM

run from the desktop, not downloads

********
February 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM

me too cydia isnt appearing in loader

OJ
February 4, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Ran Greenpois0n 3 times...Cydia didn't show up no matter what. Unable to find... Redsn0w 9.6 RC8 errored too. Had to go to windows and used redsn0w 9.6 b4 since b5ves didn't work. IT IS UNTETHERED!!! iPhone 4 32GB on 4.2.1.

February 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I got the problem showed above is not working cause we have cydia already installed BB 06.15

bigtuna
February 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM

can you jailbreak this over the previous tethered jailbreak (redsn0w) or do you need a fresh install of 4.2.1?

anon
February 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Just run again same thing happened for me.

Jdougs
February 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I had a few issues at first... editing the host file in along with making sure that little snitch was not blocking anything seemed todo the trick.

Seeme
February 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I installed redsn0w jailbreak 2 weeks ago and had a tethered jailbreak. Without any updates, Today I installed the greenpoison jailbreak directly on top of the old jailbreak.

It worked without any problems and I've gone from a tethered jailbreak to an unteathered jailbreak.

Seeme
February 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM

...installed on 4.2.1 on an iPhone 4 that I bought 2 weeks ago.

Alex
February 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I followed the instructions but it didn't work. Everything was just fine until the step 6. My Iphone seemed not get into DFU mode and just restarted. There was no Loader icon so I guess my device hasn't been jailbroken.
Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thx

harley216
February 4, 2011 at 6:01 PM

anyone have any ipad problems. When i launch the loader, it's a blank page. I've rebooted and retried the jail break a couple times. Any suggestions?

7aman
February 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM

greenpois0n never open

always quit Unexpectedly

relaunch didn't do anything ???

xylish
February 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM

ive done jb my iphone and the loader icon has appear but the problem is no cydai or anything on that loader..help!!! sorry for my english

Beau
February 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Hey guys. So the greenposi0n jailbreak has worked great for me so far (iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1). I downloaded everything and had the loader not shoeing anything problem. I knew it was just because the servers have been down due to a mass amount of people needing the jailbreak. So I waited awhile. Awhile is here... You can now download Cydia through the downloader. Enjoy your jailbreak!!

xylish
February 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

thanks dude! i installed greenpois0n first but it has come up with no sources on the loader then i jb it again using redsn0w. it worked perfectly without any problem and its untethered! sorry for my english

exxe
February 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

No loader. Graphic, dock and icons are completely broken. Previous Jailbreak works although.

After repeating whole process I noticed that there's info that Greenpois0n was unable to download firmware and rebooting.

Any fix for that?

exxe
February 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Forgot to mension I used iPad with Jailbroken 4.2.1 O.S.

Ian
February 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Hi,

Did not work for me!

everytime i used Greenpois0n, it did its job ok, but the phone never showed anything on the screen other than the APPLE logo! and the phone refused to start or continue after that! had to use redsn0w to boot up again TETHERED!!!! gggrrrrr

mam
February 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM

It`s OK on IPAD 3G 64gb.

Thanks!!!

February 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Just used this on my iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 It worked perfectly, it ran through all the motions and then upon rebooting it showed the Loader icon, I clicked on it and installed cydia, nothing changed. I rebooted and Cydia was their. Flawless. Will try on my iPad and let you all know the results.

Cheers

swastynigoo
February 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Hello there
i would like to thank you all for making this jailbreak possible, i just finished jailbreaking my new ipad 16gb wifi only set, initially i was stuck as after opening loader i was unable to find cydia but on several tries i found it, maybe it is because of the load on servers, but finally everything went absolutely perfect.
Thanks once again

Jared W.
February 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

The installation of loader onto my iphone 4 worked perfectly but Cydia is not showing up in loader. I've rebooted it several times but no luck with Cydia showing up in Loader. Help! any suggestions??

Midd
February 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Attempted to update my IOS from 4.1 (jb) to 4.2. I got an error saying it could not be completed and that I needed to do a restore. Started the restore process. Got almost to the end when I received another error saying it could not be restored. I am currently trying on another computer.

Thantoss
February 5, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Mine does the same thing. I'm running 10.5.8, does this require 10.6?

Crash Report:

Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/thantoss/Downloads/greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n
Reason: Incompatible library version: greenpois0n requires version 6.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 5.0.0

exxe
February 5, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Waited and repeated whole process few times. Same result.

Not sure but tried to check connection from Greenpois0n and didn't see any attempt.
It looks like my iPad is untethered already. Cydia works after restarting.

Only problem is completely broken interface. Will wait and try to solve it somehow before rolling back (if possible).

Anyway. Not complying.

Appreciate your work.

February 5, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Okay, I got it working on my iPad 4.2.1, 32GB, 3G, after a couple of work-arounds. Here's what I did and this should work for you:

1. I'd previously JB my iPad using the redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc8
2. Ran Greenpois0n 4.1 from my MAC and while it seemed to work, the CYDIA APP did not load within the Loader App. I ran the install a couple more times and noticed the same failure at line 2824 where there was a 6000ms timeout but continued to finish the install. While it appeared to install properly, and the LOADER APP appeared, I could not get the CYDIA APP to appear when I ran Loader. I tried rebooting several times, and reran GreenPois0n a couple of more times... to no avail.

SOLUTION:
3. I went back to the redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc8 and ran that but ONLY Clicked on the INSTALL CYDIA radial and completed the sequence. (Fear Not, you're NOT stepping down your JB!)
4. CYDIA APP appeared and initial run installs the updates for CYDIA
5. Opened LOADER APP and selected REMOVE LOADER from the options and reboot.

VICTORY!

If you've any questions I'll be happy to answer the best way I can. Easiest way to contact me is through my Twitter Stream: @InsiderThreats

Hope this Helps!

Shark
February 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Low quality jailbreak. Fails whenever I try jailbreaking my 3rd gen 4.2.1 MC 32 gig. Model.
Don't waste your time. Wait for a new jailbreak.:(

varera
February 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Cydia aooear after restart, but does not work. Screen blinks when I am startign Cydia, but this is it, nothing else happen.

peter tylar
February 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM

I seen your website be hacked by someone, it feed different page content to google and real visitor! search http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/10/having-troubles-with-gmail.html at google, you will find the hacked content!

Capo
February 5, 2011 at 2:55 AM

I cant seem to get greenpois0n to start... "unexpectedly quit" over and over again.... i downloaded 4 times and still doesnt seem to work.... any suggestions?

Capo
February 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Same here....u get any answers yet?

maccresta
February 5, 2011 at 3:28 AM

i didnt update my itunes but succesfully untethered my iphone 4...phewww....thanks to all developers

Alex
February 5, 2011 at 3:48 AM

what about the unlock for this version? I use Iphone 4, 4.1/ 02.10.04/ and is jailbreaked but not unlocked. Do you have guys any information about the coming unlock for Iphone 4 ?

MrStAugustine
February 5, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Works Perfect!!! AWESOME. Successfully jailbroke IPAD 64GB and IPHONE 4. IPHONE 4 was previously a tethered jailbreak, didn't lose any apps and didn't have to reinstall any. Both are now untethered jailbreak!!! YES!

superstan1
February 5, 2011 at 5:38 AM

The same always happens to me, I have tried downloading it from different sources.

richieye
February 5, 2011 at 8:07 AM

My iphone 4's 4.1 already jailbroken with greenpois0n. i wanted the 4.2 break. Now that its out, i did what the instructions said, and i just checked im still using the 4.1 break? huh? do i have to download the 4.2.1 update? or something?

GuyInTN
February 5, 2011 at 8:31 AM

it works!!!!! After installing it, I had to restart the phone for cydia to show up but it was there afterward.
Thanks Guys

Manny
February 5, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Worked on my iPhone 3GS. I just updated from 4.1 to v.4.2.1, and followed all the instructions here and my iPhone is rebooting untethered. Thanks a lot!.

FuLio
February 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Just want to say thankyou for the release.
Everything went good the jailbreaking processes went smooth.
After i went and click on the loader app i click on cydia, it didnt look and then my loader app disappears. I reboot and its gone nothing there. How do i get it back?

John
February 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Cannot get jailbreak to work on iphone 4 with ios 4.2.1 Every time I try it shows failed. cannot get it to work.

Rob
February 5, 2011 at 1:16 PM

After some fighting with the iOS 4.2.1 update, and some hassle with Greenpois0n, I finally got it working.

I did get the 1013 error, when updating. I gave up on restore, on my Windows laptop. I plugged it in the Mac and wiped it. I had backup up, before starting (which anyone should do). Surprisingly, once I was updated, the restore went off without a hitch. I was sure I was going to lose something.

Another common problem, seems to be the DFU mode step. I kept getting stuck at the part where you release the sleep button and continue holding home. That turned out to be a simple fix! After several attempts, I just held to home button for much longer than the stated 10 seconds and the jailbreak finally started working.

So far, so good.

Chichi rodriguez
February 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I had the exact same problem, must of tried it like 20 times... try a different cable and/or different usb port...and it works!!!

just Bob
February 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I had the same problem, I tried like 20 times, i just happen to switch the usb cable and it worked on the first try!!! ...i hope it works for you!

Alalvi
February 5, 2011 at 4:05 PM

When the unlock come out?

exxe
February 5, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Ok. I fixed interface and looks like everything's working.

I had to Restore iPad with iTunes. Did have some problems with freeze at 95% of restore process. Problem was because of WiFi Sync. After uninstalling it and installing fresh iTunes it worked.

After that Greenpois0n worked.

Yassaaaf
February 5, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Thanks Buddies, it works just perfect......

Eaaaaaaaaasy eaaaaasy

Michael
February 6, 2011 at 1:12 AM

The Windows version is now out as well! I downloaded it last night & used it. The only problem I'm having, & I'm not sure if it's the jailbreak, or something to do with updating to 4.2.1, but none of my themes work on the Lockscreen now. Even the Complete themes that I'd previosly had.

*******
February 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM

N e 1 know how to fix Cydia because it keeps crashing

aliffqay
February 6, 2011 at 3:22 AM

thanks alot ! many has said that iOS 4.2.1 cant be untethered jailbreak. so i tried to downgrade to 4.1 but i failed. now, my iPhone has been sucessfully jailbroken ! thanks ALOT ! I LOVE YOU !

Xaminmo
February 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM

My phone has been running 4.2.1+JB for about 18 hours and seems very responsive.

* I started from 4.0.1 with jailbreakme in August 2010.
* I moved to 4.1 + Limera1n RC4 via clean reinstall due to older, non-functional apt-backup tool.
* MOVING TO 4.2.1 PLUS GREENPOIS0N WAS MUCH EASIER!

I didn't have to reinstall any applications, nor move anything back to the infinifolders - everything was just right.

My total update time was about an hour, mostly due to network lag getting to Cydia.

STEPS AND NOTES ON MY UPGRADE:
* Downloaded ipsw files and saved SHSH just in case.
* Updated iTunes to current.
* Updated everything inside Cydia and Apple Store.
* Ran PkgBackup and took a fresh backup.
* Updated iPhone4 via iTunes shift-update from 4.2.1 ipsw.
* Waited for phone to reboot. Verified it worked.
* Powered off phone, closed iTunes.
* Ran Greenpois0n and followed instructions.
NOTE: It will constantly tell you to power off the phone. Ignore this.
* A new button lights up and click that to jailbreak the device
Phone boots, you see the kernel boot messages, and then the apple-spin-greenpoison logo.
* The jailbreak tool has a quit button. Use it whenever you want.
* The phone LOOKS like it's stuck at the graphic, but it's not. WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH. It will reboot on its own. If you are impatient and force it to reboot too soon, you will have to start over.
* Once the phone is rebooted, you'll have a pretty Loader icon. Click that and install Cydia, then reboot
* Go into Cydia and let it do it's apt-get update. Be patient, servers are busy because we're all updating at the same time.
* After Cydia is done updating sources, let it update critical components and reboot.
* After it's up again, install PkgBackup and restore your settings.
* After that's done, let it reboot.
* Check that everything is working properly. If so, use iTunes to take a new backup. If not, Restore and try again. Otherwise, enjoy!

ecohawk
February 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Important for MAC users. If you're using Li'l Snitch or don't have a valid internet connection, please make sure you allow greenpois0n to have an internet connection. It took me a hundred tries to figure this out.

Over
February 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Everything worked perfect on my i4 with unboxed 4.2.1fw... Only thing that bothers modmyi repo is whole day unreachable...

Rajasa
February 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Thank you guys for the information and updates. Finally, I downloaded RC5 b3 version and jailbreak ipod 3G on first try. Actually, this was my 2nd jailbreak on the same device. My first JB was for 4.1 version which was installed in it when I purchased,,, due to some error I had to reset everything that is when my device was upgraded to 4.2.1. Anyway, I am happy with my new Jb device. Thanks to all those people who have worded hard to bring these JB software free of cost to all of us...

whawz
February 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM

my iphone 3gs previously tethered jailbreak 4.2.1
im currently using windows 7 x32

then i restored again my phone to 4.2.1 but it seemed stuck in recovery mode. by ignoring that, i launched this latest greenpois0n Windows download (VERSION 1.0 RC 5.2).. and these things below appeared on my iphone screen:

# unable to find gBdevList
# unable to find fs_mount
# unable to find fs_unmount
# unable to find fs_load_file

after a few second, it was running well. finally stuck here:

"unable to mount user filesystem!"

really do hope for helps... thanks =)

Wayne
February 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Any Help ? I have tried to download the Greenpois0n from wwww.greenpois0n.com and for some reason my antivirus will not let me open it, it says that it is a Dangerous file ,so it deletes it ! Sucks !! Any ideas? Even turnin it off (the antivirus) Thanks.

freez
February 7, 2011 at 4:57 AM

will it work on iphone 3G ?

Bob
February 7, 2011 at 5:19 AM

I jailbroke my iPhone with greenpois0n and there was no Cydia or loader app one of the ways to fix it is supposed to use redsn0w and click on install Cydia but it is still not there please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
February 7, 2011 at 5:39 AM

For those of u who r hackers can u plz put Cydia online so people can download Cydia to their iPhone directly from their safari browser remember my iPhone is jailbroken with greenpoison and redsnow

din
February 7, 2011 at 5:58 AM

stuck at greenpoison logo..helppp

Bob
February 7, 2011 at 6:07 AM

I jailbroke my iPhone several times

Greenpoison-18

Resdsnow-24

John
February 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Hello everyone. I have an iPhone 4 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10.01. Does anyone know if there in an unlock for it. Please help me

Steve
February 7, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Tried it on my old 3G. GreenPoison didn't detect it in DFU mode.
Checked in ITunes, phone was definitely in DFU, just GP couldn't see that.

b
February 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Anyone having trouble getting app store updates working after using GP rc5 both ipad and iphone 4 4.2.1?

Aurelian
February 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM

i got the Greenpois0n RC 5.2, i don`t see that in the about, i made the steps and i get the troubleshooting 2 the one with the missing, What i can do , other solutions ? i have an Iphone 5 4.2.1 with 03.10.01 blocked in at&t

Juan Gatica
February 8, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Hello, I have my iPad with a tethered jailbreak in 4.2.1. Should I use Greenpoison as it is at this time or should I have to restore back to original 4.2.1?? Will I lose my jailbreak apps and configs?? Pls I need some advise.

Daza
February 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I have been trying for 2 hours to get the phone into DFU mode following the on screen timer. Can i do it can i hell. Anyone got any tips on how to get a 3g phone on 4.2.1 into DFU mode.

Bob
February 9, 2011 at 1:40 AM

@Juan Gatica I had a tethered jailbreak with redsnow and when I ran greenpoison I lost Cydia I ran greenpoison to untether it

Plz read my posts and see if u can help me

Bob
February 9, 2011 at 1:45 AM

@Daza I have an iPhone 3GS version 4.2.1 and I got it into DFU by holding top button five secs then press home button but keep holding top button for 18 secs the screen should flash White then go black it Is now in DFU mode
Remember if you are jailbreaking you must follow in screen instructions exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
February 9, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Can someone plz help me read my earlier posts

John
February 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM

John

rob
February 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM

i just jailbroke my iphone4 4.2.1. i installed something and it reloaded the springboard. it got to my slider page but it is locked up. what do i do?

Jason
February 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Just managed to JB my Ipad from JB 3.2.2 to JB 4.2.1 with no problems! Thanks for the guide!

bryan
February 10, 2011 at 2:36 AM

maybe you should jailbreak it with greenpoison first, and after change your BB to 6.15.00( ipad BB) and use ultrasnow to unlocked it. but again. read really careful before you decided to try it

Rob
February 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Easy, quick. No issues at all.

lee
February 11, 2011 at 1:45 AM

tried gp rc5 several times,all i keep geting is restart message

February 11, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I jailbroke 2 iPhone 4s, 1 iPad, and 1 iPhone 3GS today with this tool and it worked great. All jailbreaks went smoothly and without one issue. Great tool guys and keep up the outstanding work!

Mike Pictor
February 12, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I have tried several times now, and the greenpois0n tool fails every time. After the release the sleep button step, continue holding home, I hold that home button for .... 4 seconds or so, when the app appears to start processing something. 4 or 5 seconds after that, the start buttons shows "Failed :(", and that's as far as it ever gets.

I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1, and I'm running this on a mac.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

infantpapa
February 13, 2011 at 4:36 AM

just tried it on my ipod touch 2g - able to jailbreak, now downloading cydia. Thanks for sharing

Mustaphaeb
February 13, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Where is unlock for ios 4.2.1 thanks

Kyle
February 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM

iPhone 4, IOS 4.2.1, gp rc5b3 on mac snow leopard, as well as gp rc6final
I had this problem with my phone running gp rc5b3, which I was not able to get around.
unable to find gBdevList
unable to find fs_mount
unable to find fs_unmount
unable to find fs_load_file
It would continue past that point, but then die when it started looking for firmware (from what I could tell from the scripting output to the phone's screen)

Tonight, I downloaded gp rc6 final, and got the SAME errors. The jailbreak just died at one point, putting my phone into recovery mode. At this time, greenpois0n barfed as well. So, I attempted once more (as stated in the instructions). This time I just held the power button until my phone went off (connect to itunes no longer showing on the screen). Then, I opened GP, clicked jailbreak and it immediately went back to work on my phone - this time it completed successfully.

I've not had any further issues yet (yet).

Great work folks. Thank you for the hard work on the untethered jb :)

Tim
February 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I am unable to enter DFU mode. I tried multiple attempts. After about 8 seconds into the prcess screen goes black after a flash. I continued with the procedure and I get the message try again. The only way I can turn my phone back on after this is to hold the home & sleep button for 15 - 20 seconds then the white apple appears 30 seconds later phone becomes opperable. I have a 3G 16gb with version 4.2.1 loaded with 6.15.00 modem firmware from Ipad. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue so it can become untethered would be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to get to greenpoi0n website for 2 days.

Luke Cee
February 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Worked perfectly. Installed Cydia. Man, you guys are amazing! Keep up the great work! Thank you so much!

diin
February 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Im currently have an ipad ios 3.2.2 I would like to know do i need to upgrade to ios 4.2.1 then can use this jailbreak?

coz if i upgrade to 4.2.1 all my apps & setting will be gone. is there any best way to upgrade to 4.2.1 yet jailbreak?

Saammmmm
February 17, 2011 at 6:15 AM

OMG! :l Okay, I'm on a mac, with an iPod 2G on 4.2.1; and when I start greenpois0n, and do all the blergh blergh blergh countdowns ( perfectly... ) when I get to the 'Jailbreaking' it does that for about 10 seconds and then the button turns to 'Failed :(' then I have to restore my iPod and get angry then search for another jailbreaking thing, then don't succeed in finding something, then fall back to this, then 'failed :('. repeat this in a circle and you get me. >:l

Elliot
February 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I just downloaded Greenpois0n and tried to work it, and it didn't work at all and now I've deleted some 15GB of songs and no results.

February 21, 2011 at 2:25 AM

I jail broke the phone but I lost my camera, cal, contacts and a few other apps on the phone. Don't know how to get them back. Can someone please help? If I restore the phone, then I will lose the jailbreak.

Jammer
February 21, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Hi All,
I had problems doing the jailbreak with greenpois0n 1.0 RC 5 and RC6, I kept on getting the same message on the black screen.
1 unable to find gBdevList
2 unable to find fs_mount
3 unable to find fs_unmount
4 unable to find fs_load_file
But greenpois0n have a new RC6.1 released and it worked like a charm on my iPhone and iPad both running with iOS 4.2.1.
Many thanks greenpois0n :-)

Georgio
February 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Well kyle i had the same problem :)
Can u please give me a link to download gp rc6 ???

mr.g
February 24, 2011 at 12:40 AM

after succesfully installing cydia.. so when i try to click on it it doesnt open..

August 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM

i can not get ios 4.2.1 to jailbreak.. help?

November 15, 2013 at 4:03 AM

@War
You want to use your iPhone 4 with T-Mobile network?Is it locked with a particular network?Then you need to unlock the phone...Jailbreaking allows a user to install third party applications,software,themes and removes the limitations that are on the apple device.In short it gives the user the root access to iOS whereas unlocking means the user can switch between network carriers.To unlock your iPhone 4 you can use the remote unlock service from Theunlockspot.com and remove the network lock easily.Once unlocked you can swap it with any GSM networks.