Home » » limera1n Mac Download for iPhone 4 4.1, iPhone 3GS 4.1, iPod touch4G/3G 4.1, and iPad 4.1 Released

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 14, 2010 | 11:02 AM

limera1n MacLooks like Geohot was being sarcastic when he said limera1n for Mac would be released in 7 years. The limera1n Mac download for iPhone 4 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPhone 3GS 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 3G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 4G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, and iPad 3.2.2 hardware was just released by Geohot. Simply click make it ra1n, put your device in DFU mode and the limera1n jailbreak will do it's magic.

You can get the limera1n for Mac download from the limera1n download page. Let us know how this works for you in the comments. I know a lot of you Mac users here are still waiting for greenpois0n but go ahead and try limera1n because it's really easy to use and uses the same exploit.

Maxipad
October 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Geohot for president. Bet ya he could wipeout the nation's debt with one swift stoke of a key!!!

JCxCROWL
October 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM

limera1n was quick and easy on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 OS using my Mcacbook Pro. So far so good!

Xapin
October 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Come on Dev Team! Why are you forgetting to hook up the guys who own an iPhone 3G? Those guys are waiting too. Well I am as well because I have an old one and i'd like to jailbreak it using iOS 4.1

Dalton1822
October 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Just jailbroke my iPhone 4 on my macbook. Works great!

xkuruma
October 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

what about iphone 3G?
and what about the unlock ?

Maxipad
October 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM

The dev team did the responsible thing!! I for one would like to take this opportunity and say THANK YOU!!!
Next stop 4.2. Keep em coming boys!!!

John
October 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Do you lose your existing apps that you have on your iphone 4 if you do this jailbreak?

Can the iphone 4 be restore back?

Will an iphone 4 upgrade make you lose this jailbreak?

Thanks

John
October 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM

WTF but no iPod touch 2g mc support!!!!! Why not

Maxipad
October 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM

People go out and sell all your baseball cards and matchbox cars on eBay and go buy yourself something new. They didn't jailbreak my commodore 64 but I'm ok with that!!

Vasily Myazin
October 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Unlock please! Feasible for iPhone 4 with 4.1?

Nergon
October 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM

IKR add 2g [MC] I NEEEEDD IT TO SURVIVE ON THIS EARTH!

MoTo
October 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM

ChronicDev who? LOL

Thanks to Geohot!

John
October 14, 2010 at 1:23 PM

2g mc support coming out finally in 2133

bakstab
October 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Jailbreak for 3G ios4.1 use redsn0w!!!

Limera1n is easier to use than greenpois0n.. I used both on each of my iphones and limera1n ftw!!! Geohot always made easy to use jailbreak!!!

iPhone3gs
October 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM

It works great ... Geohot magic!

alexsaurisrex
October 14, 2010 at 2:41 PM

ummm, i keep trying to jailbreak my 3g IPOD TOUCH 4.1 but it never adds limera1n. some1 help?

Omar
October 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Bout time. Thanks. So happy now. Jailbroke iPhone 4. 4.1. It was too easy. I couldn't believe it. Very happy.

Tony
October 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM

me too lol....awesome work on mac...hopefully 2g mc will be soon :D

MrE
October 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM

The program was actually done JBing before i thought it'd begun. Took me maximum 1 minute. I haven't been successful with the LR or GP windows versions, since they (although i successfully get into DFU mode) doesn't recognize it at all (i blame windows for all that installation windows crap that appear).

The downside, although, is regardless 4.0.1, 4.1, LimeRain or whatever FW you bring up, that i still have terrible reception with my iphone 4 at home. If i use my old nokia e51 it has full reception (fake or real, i cant say...). If i do the iphone4-deathgrip for some secs in a bad reception area (like my home) it forces the phone into No service-mode. Very niice! ;-) But when the reception is good, there is no whatsoever effect with the deathgrip. I still completely looove my iphone4 for what i can do with it, so i dont bother complaining any more. ;-)

Thanx Geohot for your wonderful service. If i wasn't so greedy i would sponsor you with 10 bucks, but it hurts to pay, so i don't...

Guido
October 14, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Worked perfectly for me. I tried the Win version with no success at all. Thanks, Geohot…
iPhone 3gs, 32 Mb, IOS 4.1

Phil
October 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I've got a 3GS running jailbroken 3.1.2. How do I get it to jailbroken 4.1 state and keep all my existing apps (including cydia ones)? TIA

Richie
October 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM

This works like a CHARM 100 % PERFECTO

Just Passing By
October 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

The post says ipad 4.1, does this exist? or is it just bs?

Nuyuum
October 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

It worked like a charm for my Iphone 4.1, and my iPad 3.2.2. And it was very easy and quick.

Z-U
October 14, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Worked for me - very cool.

ale
October 15, 2010 at 12:27 AM

is there any estimate for the unlock (ios 4.1)??
Thanksss!!!!

Vishal
October 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Awesome Jailbreak, but when is the Unlock coming out for ios 4.1?

DrAiv
October 15, 2010 at 2:11 AM

No, you lose nothing.
Yes, you can restore it whenever you want.
The most probable answer is yes, you'll lose your jailbreak.

Just jailbroke iPad Wi-fi 3.2.2 and iPhone 4 (4.1) with my macbook pro 13".
Everything is working perfectly, can't stop playing Angry Birds =)

pagi bintaro
October 15, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Well, i am using iphone 4 with 4.1 and have tried 3 times to follow the instruction to : hold home + power, then the they required to restore the iphone. Is there any clue how to move on .... ?
What i have done now, restore my iphone with my latest backup.

Jay
October 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Jailbreak is wicked thanks BUT WE NEED AN UNLOCK FOR 02.04.10!!!!!!!!

Billy
October 15, 2010 at 1:23 PM

When will greenpois0n or limra1n come out with a jailbreak for ipod touch 2g mc model

Abas
October 15, 2010 at 1:59 PM

UNLOCK please for iPhone 4 4.1 we looking forward to unlock our iPhone4 please don't forget the unlocking geohot u R the real man

Kostas PAOK Greece
October 15, 2010 at 4:12 PM

It worked perfectly on my 3gs with iOS 4.1 The process is ridiculously easy and quick. I can't thank enough Geohot. All I need now is an unlock tool for 5.14.02 BB, and I will be happy again like the old times when I had a fully unlocked and jailbroken 3gs before stupidity tell me to upgrade without having the knowledge to do so properly. Good thing is that now I know everything about restoring jailbroken iOS firmwares :D

pagi bintaro
October 15, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Done!
It is true, the problem easily solved, after a bit aware the instruction: release power only, while home still be hold. Thanks

Master
October 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Geohot is god! Limera1n is the shit! Fuck greenpoison and the Dev Team!!

Ed
October 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM

it worked for iphone 4 4.1 very easy and very quick , after i reboot cydia showed up , only question is when unlock will be available.You should be thankfull for all the people who works hard to make our life easyier and stop cursing any of them, limerain or greenpoison they work for you for free.

Anthony
October 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Do you have any software to jailbreak iPhone 3G running on firmware 4.1 for the moment(windows). I have tried using redsnow but fail due to some error. Pls advise thx

Mensur
October 16, 2010 at 2:09 AM

And i am lile u Kostas PAOK Greece
I needed too for unlock thnx Geohot u are great u are the best

marky
October 16, 2010 at 2:30 AM

does nobody like us iphone 3g users these days?

Charley Bucket7
October 16, 2010 at 3:21 AM

I jailbroken my iPhone 3GS with this and all my phone does is crash. Every time I do almost anything. So I am going to unjailbreak it and jailbreak it with greenposion.

Allen joned
October 17, 2010 at 4:47 AM

This is amezingly awesome

Chris
October 17, 2010 at 7:56 AM

I have an iPod touch 4.1 2g MC model and i just cant jailbreak it, can someone help me?

Nergon
October 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM

HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS SAVED!

DOWNGRADE FROM 4.1 TO 4.0

Step-by-step Guide:

- Download Limera1n and run it. after it finished it will say that ur iPod got succesfully jailbroken. it won't be jailbroken!

- Download iOS 4.0 (Google for it)

- Re-run Limera1n again and have iTunes opened BUT dont complete the Limera1n jailbreak this time. Let Limera1n put ur iPod into recovery mode but don't help limera1n by getting it into DFU mode (So DON'T press the home + power button this time)

- iTunes should see that ur iPod is in recovery mode. hold Shift and click on restore (SHIFT+RESTORE). Now select ur previously downloaded iOS 4.0 and let iTunes do the job for u :)

- After iTunes is done u should have iOS 4.0 on ur iPod 2G MC. Now we're gonna JB it by going to the iPod browser (SAFARI) and surf to Jailbreakme Slide to JB and voila ur done.

This worked on 2 out of 2 iPods. Both 2G MC models. 1 previously jailbroken with SHSH Blobs saved and 1 Clean iPod never been jailbroken.

Please Reply and let others know if it worked :)

PS. THERE ARE NO WORKING JAILBREAKS FOR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC-MODELS ON IOS 4.1 AT THE MOMENT

Pete
October 17, 2010 at 12:09 PM

To jailbreak your iPhone 3G use redsn0w 0.9.6 on windows xp

mani_us
October 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Is there Unlock for IOS 4.0.2 on Iphone 4? if yes, can someone please post the instructions.
Thanks :)

Adrian Lucas
October 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Fantastic job! Thanks a lot!
Worked out of the box on my IOS 4.1

Nimroda
October 18, 2010 at 3:29 AM

After jailbreaking with limera1n my phone retina display became mixed-up/inverted. please help to restore my quality display

Kitti
October 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Geohot...and DEV Team... for sure, if the unlock for iphone 4 IOS4.1 is released, I'll donate!!!!!!....waiting for your successful work!!!

Bri
October 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM

very much for all ur help

shadowoffair
October 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM

dont notice any difference, says it worked tho...

Kitti
October 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

any news after limera1n?
desparately expecting carrier unlock from Geohot

ale
November 3, 2010 at 6:07 PM

what about tha unlock for IOS 4.1 basbad 5.14??? Any news???
Thanks