Home » » Greenpois0n Mac Download for iPhone 4 4.1, iPhone 3GS 4.1, iPod touch4G/3G 4.1, and iPad 3.2.2 Released

Written By Unknown on Saturday, October 16, 2010 | 12:54 PM

greenpois0n download

Two days ago Geohot released the limera1n Mac download. Today Chronic Dev Team has released the long awaited greenpois0n Mac download, which can be downloaded from the greenpois0n download page. The greenpois0n Mac download works on iPhone 4 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPhone 3GS 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 3G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 4G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, and iPad 3.2.2 hardware. It uses the same exploit as limera1n.

To use the greenpois0n Mac download to jailbreak your device, just connect your device to your computer, press the jailbreak button in the greenpois0n software, and follow the on screen instructions.

copying
October 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM

For some reason i think that Chronic Dev Team is just changing GUI of Geohot releases....because they never release anything first it's alway Geohot then Chronic Dev Team.....what do guyz think????

Omar
October 16, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Well well well. Too late for me. Limera1n worked like a charm for me. Good luck to you all with greenpoison.

Jovanny
October 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Fuck my Internet got taken out the day limerain came out this sucks

No luck
October 16, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Can't open. I'm getting the error message "you can't open the application greenpois0n bc it is not supported on this type of Mac". I have an intel MacBook on osx 10.6.4. Can anyone help?

bert

Abas
October 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Unlock
Unlock
Unlock

October 16, 2010 at 3:47 PM

TRIED TO OPEN SEVERAL TIME BUT THIS DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING..... SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT FROM GREEPOIS1ON..... I WAITED FOR THIS DOWNLOAD COZ I AM MAC USER... SO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD LIMERA1N NOW.... AGAIN VERY BAD IMPRESSION FROM GREENPOIS1ON

raveforever
October 16, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Greenpois0n was going to be the only one tool for jailbreak, but they have delayed and got happy places on the backstage :) go on greenpoisOn :)
Btw I used limera1n on iPhone 4

DrAiv
October 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

The guys are doing a great job. Without them we all would be stuck deep in shit.
As for limera1n, it's all about Geohot's ambitions. Dev Team are wise to keep their exploits secret for the future.
I sincerely would like to use greenpois0n on my devices, but limera1n is already there working perfectly, so, sorry =)

The only thing that is definitely better is limera1n's logo, srsly.

Stitcher
October 16, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I used limera1n and latest ultrasn0w to unlock 4.1 and 1.59 BBand.

McLovin
October 17, 2010 at 12:06 AM

i downloaded greenpois0n for my mac and when i try to open it it tells me that the application quit unexpectedly and i should relaunch. when i relaunch the same thing pops up a few times. can someone help me please?

Avere
October 17, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Both jbs are fine. I have two iphone4 got them at the exact same time from the same company and limera1n ONLY worked for one of them. Greenpoisoned the other.

Lisa morales
October 17, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Is it worth unjailbreaking a iPhone 3g to upgrade to 4.1 n then rejailbreak? It won't get the catagories like the 3gs right or the double click home?

Raton
October 17, 2010 at 6:09 AM

no greenpoison 4 iphone 3G?Why?

Me
October 17, 2010 at 6:34 AM

greenpoison wont open on mac.

Kevin
October 17, 2010 at 9:04 AM

DrAiv,

For the record, Greenpois0n and Limera1n uses the same exploit. Although I respect the Dev team and admire their work and effort, much of the information they put out was not accurate. For example, they were going to hold on to Greenpois0n, for the sake of the JB community and they didn't. This is just one of many.

Zee
October 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I'm so confused. Whenever I try to do Greenpois0n over limera1n it get's stuck in DFU mode (screen w/ iTunes icon and wire). And then I have to use iRecovery to get it back. I have iOS 4.1. And I've heard that Greenpois0n is a lot better ( though I kinda doubt it.) so I wanted to see.

Nergon
October 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM

HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS SAVED!

DOWNGRADE FROM 4.1 TO 4.0

Step-by-step Guide:

- Download Limera1n and run it. after it finished it will say that ur iPod got succesfully jailbroken. it won't be jailbroken!

- Download iOS 4.0 (Google for it)

- Re-run Limera1n again and have iTunes opened BUT dont complete the Limera1n jailbreak this time. Let Limera1n put ur iPod into recovery mode but don't help limera1n by getting it into DFU mode (So DON'T press the home + power button this time)

- iTunes should see that ur iPod is in recovery mode. hold Shift and click on restore (SHIFT+RESTORE). Now select ur previously downloaded iOS 4.0 and let iTunes do the job for u :)

- After iTunes is done u should have iOS 4.0 on ur iPod 2G MC. Now we're gonna JB it by going to the iPod browser (SAFARI) and surf to Jailbreakme Slide to JB and voila ur done.

This worked on 2 out of 2 iPods. Both 2G MC models. 1 previously jailbroken with SHSH Blobs saved and 1 Clean iPod never been jailbroken.

Please Reply and let others know if it worked :)

PS. THERE ARE NO WORKING JAILBREAKS FOR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC-MODELS ON IOS 4.1 AT THE MOMENT

Pirateboy
October 17, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I am confused as hell now. I have a jailbroken and unlocked Iphone 4.01 . How do I upgrade without losing my jailbreak. Pwnagetool? GreenPoison?

program4life
October 17, 2010 at 4:07 PM

For the record, the information they put out was accurate. They held on to the SHAtter exploit they were going to put out in greenpois0n because geohot released limera1n. What's the use of having two separate jailbreaks out at once? Apple will just patch them both, and then where's the jailbreak community? Chronic Dev kept SHAtter to themselves and put the limera1n exploit into greenpois0n so people would stop saying that greenpois0n would never exist. This way, when Apple puts out the next software update, the SHAtter exploit will be waiting so that YOU can have the jailbreak.

program4life
October 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Stay with your jailbroken 4.01. The Dev Team hasn't released a Pwnagetool for 4.1, so you cannot safely upgrade without risking your baseband.

MoTo
October 17, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Utter BS. You may be 100 years old before the DevTeam gets that out the door. Use TinyUmbrella and upgrade--it will preserve your baseband. Then jailbreak with limera1n.

MoTo
October 17, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Geohot is the man. Still not sure how he gets these things out the door so quickly working ALONE.

FamousFoxy
October 18, 2010 at 12:57 AM

The whole reason I was waiting on this jailbreak was cuz I thought it was going to be for 3G iphones too.. what a waste.. I've waited for nothing.. it's silly cuz they will offer a jailbreak for iphone 4 and 3GS with all those silly updates but nothing for iphone 3G 4.1 ios..

Vernon
October 18, 2010 at 3:19 AM

To whom it may concern,
There seems to be an issue opening the greenposi0n download for Mac users.
I look forward to jailbreaking my itouch 4g as soon as the matter is resolved.

lllcurry12
October 18, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Fantastic! Wonderful! Many thanks for all your hard work giving us two jailbreaks we need for our iPhones.

Any ideas about the Unlock that has faded into the publicity background?

Phil
October 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Yes I have noticed that tried it many times it just puts my device into recovery mode and I reboot it goes to the home screen and nothings there

thunkamon
October 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Thank you for update.

bakstab
October 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM

WHY!!! did you wait till greenpois0n or limera1n to be release?
iphone 3G use redsn0w to jailbreak ios4.1.. ;)

KnK
October 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Seriously now, just saying, it's kinda been common knowledge that iPhone 3G could be jailbroken on 4.1 using redsnow from like the week after iOS 4.1 was released...I'm sure if you googled "jailbreak 3G 4.1" you'd find someone would has already covered using redsnow on iPhone 3G 4.1

KnK
October 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I apologize for my lack of proof reading,
I'm sure if you googled "jailbreak 3G 4.1" you'd find someone who has already covered using redsnow on iPhone 3G 4.1

Seth13
October 19, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Yes! I've been waiting this for a long time. But should I go with this or limera1n?

Stefano Diem Benatti
October 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Greenpois0n fails to work on iPhone 4 iOS 4.1/8B117 and a MBP with OS X 10.6.4/Build 10F569 and greenpois0n (rc4). This issue has also been reported by sticky_bit, with the exact same versions on http://erictric.com/2010/10/16/greenpois0n-jailbreak-tool-for-ios-4-1-now-available-for-mac-os-x/, so it is not an isolated issue.

I tried jailbreaking with it 5 times, on which 2 of those froze the entire system, and the other 3 just got a ":( Failed".
Also tried using greepoison from applications folder, but it didn't made any difference.

Limera1n ( Rc1b ) worked and correctly installed cydia, but i didn't had the time to thoroughly test the jailbreak impacts on battery and other apps yet.

Anyway, my thanks to the chronic dev team, and also to geohot for such releases.

drewfis12
October 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Listen everyone. If you don't know already, Greenposi0n RC4 has came out already. It supports iPod touch 2nd Gen MC Models and iPhone 3G.

Tokyo
October 19, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Crybabies. Disgusting to see hundreds of posts complaining when the software doesn't release, and then everyone STFU when it does.

Be thankful for what you got.

Bri
October 20, 2010 at 5:26 PM

audifan
October 21, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I installed greenpoison twice on my 3gs with 4.1 and everything went well. My problem is after loading cydia, cydia application will not open. it opens and closes withing seconds. Any ideas how to fix?

October 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Good

Jon
October 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Are they going to release a version that works on iPod touch 2g?? I feel excluded...

Ard1n
October 23, 2010 at 4:53 AM

NOW IT WORKS ON iPod TOUCH 2G/3G/4G iPhone 3G/3GS/4 ANY MODEL AND MB AND MC !! TRY IT NOW

Eric
October 24, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Hey guys sorry to bother, but I have a 3G iPhone that my dumb ass friend updated to 4.1, where can I get that jailbroken. I tried limerain but doesn't recognize dfm mode. Someone said try redsnow 0.9.5 but I can't get it downloaded. Can anyone help me please. Or if anyone has that redsnow program would they be able to send it to me... All help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanx. ERIC. erics1975@yahoo.ca

Dom
October 24, 2010 at 3:04 AM

itouch 2g mc model..-finally broken...thanks greenpoison...limera1n sux ass

hemal
October 28, 2010 at 3:12 PM

hi
i have iphone 16 gb 3.1.2 and jailbroken but when ever i restart the phone i have to connect to blackrain1 and open the phone .
now i want to update to os4 please help me how to do and proper guidance for the same

mudvicious
October 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

are you sure it works on iPhone3G iOS4.1 ?
have u tried it ?

TudorD
November 2, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Apple has released the Golden Master (GM) version of iOS 4.2 to developers this evening. The GM build is typically the final shipping build that will eventually reach customers. According to MacStories, AirPlay has returned as a feature to YouTube playback -- a feature that was inexplicably missing in the last developer release.

Torrents with IOS4.2 for IPAD, IPHONE are available on Demonoid.

Alex
November 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM

So now can be unlock it iphone 4 4.1?? Please advice which need to use. Thank you.