Home » » Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Release Delayed Due to Limera1n

Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Release Delayed Due to Limera1n

Written By Unknown on Saturday, October 9, 2010 | 9:10 PM

greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak

Right about now the greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak download was supposed to be released, but unfortunately it wasn't. The Chronic Dev Team decided to save the SHAtter exploit for a future jailbreak and implement another exploit in the greenpois0n jailbreak tool. The reason for this is because another iPhone hacker, Geohot, released his own jailbreak called limera1n which used a different exploit. If Chronic Dev Team released greenpois0n now then Apple can easily patch both exploits and Apple will easily win the cat and mouse game. Thankfully Chronic Dev Team decided to play it safe and now they are working to get greenpois0n out ASAP.

On the bright side, the limera1n jailbreak is very easy to use and works with iPhone 3GS 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPhone 4 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 3G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, iPod touch 4G 4.1/4.0/4.0.2/4.0, and iPad 3.2.2 hardware. Unlike greenpois0n which only supported 4th generation devices on 4.1. If Apple doesn't fix the limera1n exploit then it can work on 4.2 and future firmware as well.

I know a lot of you will be disappointed about greenpois0n, but try the limera1n download and you'll see it's really easy to use and can jailbreak a lot more devices than greenpois0n. limera1n is still in it's 4th beta though so it may have some bugs for certain devices (though I didn't experience any on my iPad or iPhone 3GS). If for some reason limera1n doesn't work for you, and you want greenpois0n, then Subscribe to QuickPWN by Email and you’ll receive an e-mail notification once greenpois0n download links are up on the greenpois0n download page.

AUI
October 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Go to Hell

spaceman
October 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

What about Iphone 3G? Will Limera1n work?

delusional
October 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

i smell alot of flamed comments incoming =\

Hans
October 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM

You can already jailbreak iPhone 3G on 4.1 using redsn0w: http://bit.ly/b11DvG. Very Easy! :)

adsada
October 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM

You have got to be fucking kidding?!

Godbel
October 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Baaaaahhhhhh fuck

Tyler Leslie
October 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM

COMON..... This is just getting silly

Jerry
October 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Seriously? That's why I stayed up until 6:10? You could've mentioned that beforehand.

On another note, how would I go about updating to 4.1 and then jailbreaking, without losing my 4.0 jailbreak?

Manuel
October 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM

this is just redicoulus!!!!!!!Geohot and dev team are just playing the game with us guys!!!there is no fucking way that could be a problem release greenpoison now or in a few days!!it really does not change anything!!! they're just making fun of us!!!
all bullshit!!!

Godbel
October 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Its awfull u guys sux

Ady
October 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM

This is a COP OUT!! Limera1n doesnt work for me, I`ve been waiting very quetly for weeks now!! I havent said anything bad, havent complained or anything but now I`m annoyed.. I personally dont think greenpoison was evey going to be released today!!!.. Cop out.

Manuel
October 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

is limera1n able to unlock iphone 4 4.1 beside that jailbreak ??

nd
October 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

This is so lame. I have understood in the first place when the other jailbreack has come out... This is a stupid trick to justify further delay for the shatter exploit jailbreak. You know... This send directly the shatter exploit between the gotha of urban legends and modern myths

Gerard
October 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

and what does unpatchable means than?

Maarten
October 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I try to use limera1n beta 4 on my iphone 3gs new bootrom but it doesnt work. Limera1n gets stuck at the "waiting for device" part so anyone has a solution?

macca
October 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

aww for fucks sake come on stop delaying if you have it ready then bloody release it

Mixter
October 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Can't wait for the greenposi0n jailbreak

henk
October 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

hahahaha told you they had nothing yes delete my reply nice work greenpois0n whhhaaaaaaaa nice excuse anyway losers

Revrevmax
October 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Sigh. When is the estimated time to release? Will it work great with iPhone 4 depending on an unlock? Else i have to wait for hacktivation patch and ultrasn0w...Thanks.

mukesh
October 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM

wtthhhh..!!! was so excited since weeks, that i had been putting statuses on facebook showing my excitement..!! nd,...nww...! fckn shitt manh...!! fuck u geohot..!!!! :X :X

eikcam
October 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Worked flawlessly on my 3GS. Hello Cydia, I have missed you!

george
October 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM

just what...

Steve
October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Was your JB ever really ready for a release; or was this just made easier because limera1n made it out first???? I mean seems just excuse after excuse..... You knew this hours ago, why wait until the launch time to spring it on us all; who waited all night long.... If you guys don't get something out before he launches MAC version; you guys are screwed with loyal fans!!!!!!!

Tyler
October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I think it's ridiculous that geohot forced dev team into this. But I also feel that they should go ahead with the release of greenpoison since they promised it to the community.

On another note, any eta on limera1n for mac?

Vital
October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I sad greenpois0n is FAKE

AngryPerson
October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

O...M....G WTF is THIS SHIT I FKEN PUT MY ALARM clock this morning to 10:10am and so I CAN WAKE UP TO THIS SHIT. I'M soo pissed i broken MY RIGHT CLICK AND SCROLL of my mouse. Chronic Dev Team are you happy now i have to buy a new mouse FKKKKKKK i waited all for this crap and limera1n doesn't come on mac so more waiting... next will be my imac screen as i will try to cyber punch you guys in the face for putting up a hoax.

baldy1
October 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

look everyone chill-out and maybe this is a good thing as now they can work on it a little more plus these guys work very hard on this and don't deserve getting a hard time thanks to all of yous for bringing us these jailbreaks .

giannisnik
October 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

this is rediculous. shame on u guys.. all this time 4 nothing... u could at least told us... dont forget that alot of people donated... rip off!!!!

Horizone
October 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM

101010101010 is the day that GreenPois0n got totally owned!!

Sharpy
October 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM

What a set of ungrateful retards. The team is doing this off their own back to offer software, for free, to people wanting a variation of OSi.

If you are really that bothered about having it unlocked;
a) Write the software yourself.
b) Buy a android device and use that.

I honestly can't get over how stupid some people are.

Kw
October 9, 2010 at 9:26 PM

FFS everybody just chill! Have patience and you'll be rewarded! And also be glad that guys like the dev team spends alot of time making your devices jailbreakable... Make your own damn hacks if you can't stand waiting an extra day or so and stop whine about it....

Mike
October 9, 2010 at 9:26 PM

So what is the new ETA??? Will we all be strung along more??? Can the team just be honest with US????? Wait until unveil moment to finally admit you failed to give anything at all.... At least limerain gives hope!!!!!!

Hoges
October 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM

All you guys complaining about Greenpois0n not being released yet are pure idiots. Did you want the dev teams to expose two bottom exploits for one jailbreak?!?!
If they released greenpois0n now and lost the exploit you idiots would be the same ones complaining when they have to come up with a brand new exploit for 5th gen iDevices next year.

Use your frickin brains and think of the future instead of waiting for just a few more days when greenpois0n will be released with your unlock ability.

Dickheads...

Fucking Hell
October 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I'm gonna kill myself now. This is so ridiculous

to bad
October 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

i told you they had nothing now you see the truth lol

Merlin666
October 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I have jailbroken my Iphone 4 using limera1n; which is now running software 4.1; baseband: 02.10.04. How do I carrier-unlock it from AT&T? I've installed Ultrasnow, but that hasn't worked... Thanks fo your help.

blaguman
October 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Worked great for me on iPhone 4 4.1!
Really quick, nice work from GeoHot as usual. You guys shouldn't complain (apart from those who aren't on windows), it's great that they've found another exploit ;)

name
October 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

this pices of shit not works, BULLSHIT !!!!!!

renzo
October 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

im having problems with my i3GS baseband 5.15.01 os 4.1 anyone else?

skywalker
October 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Limera1n doesn't work on my Iphone4. No LameRa1n icon...

BASICPAPERNINJA
October 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I SUCCESSFULLY JAILBREAKED MY 3GS 4.0.2 NEW BOOTROM AND ALSO HACKTIVATED AND JAILBREAKED MY IPHONE 4 ON 4.1, I DID UNLOCK THE 3GS WITH ULTRASN0W BUT NOT THE 4 SINCE THERE IS NO UNLOCK YET FOR 2.10.04

Gerard
October 9, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Where is your unpatchable exploit NOW?? lmfao!! OWNED!!

UGotPwned
October 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM

sigh, more waiting you guys? i've been waiting too long for this moment... well you better make greenpois0n worth the wait when it comes out

まだまだだね... -___-

swooosh
October 9, 2010 at 9:55 PM

now that the green poison is no longer needed please start updating ultrasnow so those stuck with last baseband could unlock

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Had I just heard a new release deadline : 11/11/11 at 11:11; do you think that a year and a month will give you guys enough time?? I mean Geohot can put out 4 upgrades in 12 hours; so to undo his mistakes shouldn't give you to much problems since you all have a team, going against a single man!!!!! But then again, we ARE use to your excuses!!!!!!

your_grandma!Wait_i'm_Male!
October 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM

It doesn't work on 3g. with 4.1.

Navyabf
October 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Works perfectly on my iPhone 4 4.1. I love it. Be grateful for any jailbreak you ingrate assholes.

Dakota
October 9, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Anyone know if this is good for iPhone 3G?

Chris
October 9, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Very Important *READ*

When installing limera1n for iPhone 4g 4.1 firmware...

I've noticed you must hold power+home as asked but when asked to release power (KEEP HOLDING THE HOME) as it took me ages to figure this out...

Hope this helps... an Icon then appears and Cydia can now install...

leaveanote
October 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM

guys plz help - i have an iphone 4.0.2 should i use geohot's jailbreak limera1n or sho?uld i wait for greenpoison ? moreover what about the unlock; which one is the most suitable ?

thnx

lmao
October 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM

i wandering... if greenpoison jb is unpatchable, what for they worry on apple patch it on the future??? Please explain

SizeQueen
October 9, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Iphone 3g use redsn0w
Or take a peak att iclarified.com a lot of guides there

Jab
October 9, 2010 at 10:07 PM

More waiting. This geohot break seem tempting but beta and next beta I think in a short while. Sigh 

Foolmonty
October 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Good and sensible job you did, I request others be patient, and use limera1n as it can solve your job. As 4.2 iOS is coming soon

Randy12
October 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Limera1n worked well for me, my new Iphone came with 4.0.2 I saved the SHSH Though Tiny Umbrella v4.1.6 this saving the baseband 1.59, jailbroke it and unlocked it with Ultrasn0w. I had waited on this for weeks. Geo may have went about this the wrong way but hey he gave us what we wanted and needed who really knows maybe with all those false hope updates that was being put out daily the Dev Team may have been pushing someone else's hand to come out with a release because they had none no one really knows, I have never seen proof that Greenpois0n is real, just my thoughts.

Agzturn
October 9, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Limera1n beta 1 worked great on iphone4. Reboot and respring after installing Sbsettings and icons reappear. Guess Greenpois0n was really never done. Delay after delay then an actual ETA date. Limera1n saved the day.

Randy12
October 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Use Tiny Umbrealla save your SHSH upgrade to 4.1 use Limera1n to jailbreak and Ultrasn0w to unlock, mine has done great. I also noticed it works well with 3g left on on T-Mobile. The real question is how long are you willing to wait??? and for what???? Good Luck

Timmy
October 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Limera1n worked nicely, just restarted iPhone and all happy. With pkgbackup and sborganiser phone was on 4.1 and set up how I like it within an hour. Stop whinging all u other whiny losers

stevo
October 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I installed Lime Rain on Iphone 4 iOS4.1, best to untick open Itunes when connected! before install, the first time I didnt and I had to restore! However I could get frash (flash) to work version 0.02 deb? do I have to wait for a new version? or is there another method than using WinSCP?

stevo
October 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I meant to say couldn't get frash (flash) to work!

Randy12
October 9, 2010 at 10:27 PM

You cant unlock 02.10.04, but you're with AT&T why worry about it you don't need a unlock, but would save SHSA so when the new unlock comes out you'll never have to worry about losing your baseband unlock again.

zaph
October 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM

limera1n worked like a charm for me, first time no problems, just reboot phone after cydia install and it will appear,(only bug i found)

release a mac version for those who need it and forget greenpoison,

thx geohot u never fail us :)

Hans
October 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Because a new iPhone 5 is coming out next year, and people will want to jailbreak that. :)

guy_smiley
October 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I'm not really upset that they delayed the release of greenpois0n...I'm just wondering, from previous posts...they found this expoit that will JB our phones for life...so, why are they worried that apple wil find a patch for this exploit?...do I make sense...just asking...

Rahul
October 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

HELP!!

I'm already on 4.1 on 3GS. Not working. PLEASE HELP!!!

Diablito
October 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I still trust dev-team on holding their jailbreak. Guys you have to understand that we must have a back up against this people from apple trying to stop us from jailbreak something we own from them. If they release all at once they might figure how to stop all this and the only one losing this war will be us. So relax , don't be dissapointed. Let's play safe against apple and keep some backup for future war.
I was waiting for the poison jailbreak to be release aswell

Aldo
October 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Hey All,
I have a New iPhone 4 with ios 4.1 already installed in there.... I jailbreaked with Limera1n (Work Fine).
But I need also UNLOCK this phone .... any idea ?????
Thz geohot...

Travis
October 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

So, I think it worked, but I'm a little bit afraid about the bugs..........

guy_smiley
October 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM

doesn't make sense if they come out with iphone 5...they will still come with a patch for iphone 6...7...8...people waited and some donated for this exploit...who cares if geohot came out with limera1n...I think it's lame that they are blaming him (geohot) for releasing his earlier...if they have been working on greenpois0n for weeks and gave an ETA...it only means that they perfected the exploit by now...right?

Aris L.
October 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Wait and wait and wait..... And now you got such a lame excuse! Thank God for Geohot didn't retire from the iPhone scene... One bad thing is that some of us ar using mac, so it's not really easy to work with his patch...

alfred
October 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM

You guys are a fraud, i read your twitter accounts mentioning that geohot is an asshole, i know you guys are pissed and angry because he released it before you did, maybe next time you should put the release date for 11/11/11 11:11:11 just because they are the same fucking number, im going with geohot, and you guys can fuck up.

BTW, put some more excuses like apple patching your hole, maybe you should fear geohot and patch his firsts, but in this case he patched yours.

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Two things.....

1.) It was asked above, why would it matter if they released shatter, because it would JB our phones for life; but then HANS said iPhone 5 is coming out next year..... Lol..... So if that's the problem, they won't release it until iPhone 5 comes out next year???? Seems like a bogus excuse to me; and this JB was never ready...

2.) Now they say they are restructuring release to use Geohot, bogus/insufficient exploit... Kind of funny, when did Geohot join the greenpoison team?? Maybe if he was, it would of got released...

3.) Why couldn't they inform us all well before the actual minute of the release???

All sounds like shit to me!!!!!!

zalog
October 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I've been trying like 5 times already to jailbrake my 4 4.1, but still no limer1an icon... :S any help here?

guy_smiley
October 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

exactly tony...except for the last sentence...lol

Godbel
October 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

The only help is greenpoison thats not gonna be
Jahahahahahahahahaha

alfred
October 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Read their twitter reply's yesterday, like at 5 pm i was reading that they were all pissed, they said geohot is an asshole and they said that they had 3 choices, and one of them was delay the release,well you get the idea, know they come up with some lame excuse about apple patching some security issues with shatter, fuck that...

leaveanote
October 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

thnx ... will let u know hwo it went :D

cyclops_1619
October 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Hey guys! Need your help. Im on iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme2.0. I want to upgrade to 4.1 version and use limerain1 jailbreak for it. How will i start? Will i have to directly upgrade 4.1 from iTunes (because i also plan to rename my iPhone in iTunes) which will disable my currently jailbroken 3GS of jailbreakme2.0? and then jailbreak afterwards using this newly released limerain1? Kindly provide the step by step process. Please respond asap. And by the way, is this limerain1 untethered jailbreak just like the jailbreakme2.0?

Jellr
October 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The comments made about Devteam are exactly the reason why Geohot left the scene some time ago.

Be gratefull. These guys don't owe us anything, don't get paid for this, but I can understand if more of them are leaving the scene: what a bunch of ungrateful people over here.

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Alfred you are absolutely correct.... Then late last night two things via tweet....

1.) pod2g , has left the Chronic Dev team; sounds really odd.... Just think...

2.) then posixninja was pissed and after giving his three possible solutions to resolve them getting one upped; said he was pissed, didn't feel like working on shit, and was going out to get plastered...... Why would they worry what the hell Geohot did, if their release was so fuckin perfect...

I understand they are working hard, but don't be such assholes with trying to lie to us all....

Godbel
October 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Guys limera1n works fine just follow the instructions greenpoison is a myth

Aeolus
October 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Hi, does this also unlocks the phone? I able to jailbreak my iphobe 3gs but stil no neteork dtected. Pls help me. Send me an email to butterboxbaby_14@yahoo.com

Nergon
October 9, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Limera1n did NOT work for me. I have Ipod 2g (non MC) 4.1 and it did a whole lotta nothing...

alfred
October 9, 2010 at 11:19 PM

lol!!!

alfred
October 9, 2010 at 11:19 PM

of course hehe, i forgot to mention that he went out to drink some tequila, is obvious that he got drunk and was not going to release the shatter exploit because geohot ruined their stupid "FUNDAY", they should have release it way back when they said IT WAS COMMING OUT 10/10/10, i already used Limera and its working like a charm on my ipod touch 4.

Alen
October 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Redsn0wier is a peice of crap. It lies and says it jailbreaks 2g mc devices but their has been no success at all. Not even one......

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Tweet just came out that greenpoison is being released today at 10 EST; they are finishing cleaning up Geohot mess...... I bet you, that is just smoke a mirrors for all the shit they are catching from tweets and reading this board....

H@rdb0ner69
October 9, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Geohot is the biggest dick in the world

Jbgosbel
October 9, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Guys to at 10.10.10 pm just got tweet

Jbgosbel
October 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I will call him geodick

ROID1
October 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

@Tony and the people below him... WOULD YOU MIND TELLING US FROM WHO YOU GOT THIS FUCKING TWEEEEEEET FROM??????????? :O

cyclops_1619
October 9, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I need your help. Im on iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme2.0. I want to upgrade to 4.1 version and use limerain1 jailbreak for it. How will i start? Will i have to directly upgrade 4.1 from iTunes (because i also plan to rename my iPhone in iTunes) which will disable my currently jailbroken 3GS of jailbreakme2.0? and then jailbreak afterwards using this newly released limerain1? Kindly provide the step by step process. Please respond asap. And by the way, is this limerain1 untethered jailbreak just like the jailbreakme2.0?

KaJ
October 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

It's working for me!

Godbel
October 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Ask tony he has the tweet

ROID1
October 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

@JBgosbel Where did you get this tweet from? As in, WHO WERE YOU FOLLOWING that provided you this information? Tell us or you're no better than Geodick either :(

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Yep I do have the tweets, it was on posixninja tweet feed; as far as drinking and his choices as whst to do....

And don't threaten me that I am no better then someone else; when chronic can't be up front and give us answers

ROID1
October 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

@Godbel. Wow, nice new name JBGosbel. BOTH TONY AND YOU ARE LIARS! DELETE THEIR POSTS QUICKPWN MAN!!!!

Rolly
October 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM

i told you guys 3 times already that greenpois0n is not coming. Dev team just got fucked in the ass by Limera1n.

Joe
October 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM

First off all, limer1n does not work on either my iPod 2G (MC Version) or iPhone 3G. When it's supposed to show green drop after exploiting the apple logo just comes on and back to normal use with Apple logo and no Cydia.

Secondly, it does not work on my iPhone 3G as I can not enter DFU mode on this phone for some odd reason and never could.

Thirdly, I waited and waited for Greenpoision as this was supposed to put the iPhone automatically into DFU mode during jailbreak, then later found out it was NOT going to work for iPhone 3G or 3GS which was verified by you’re post today.

Quite frankly the Dev team seem to be full off shit. First thing they did was blast limera1n calling him an asshole, now they back him up, Green was to be released in days, next it was today and now they say "Chronic Dev Team decided to play it safe" What a load off bollicks. Saying Apple will catch on to the both breaks is bollicks, one crack it shatter and the other isn’t.

I'm fuck waiting any longer. Just keep doing what you do best which is keep talking shite. Apple is reading this and laughing their dicks off because off your promises to deliver and you’re over all incompetence! Cat and Mouse my arse, Apple has you by the balls now and not releasing you’re shatter (if at all it even exists) has proved this. This has just verified to everyone that Apple is well ahead off the game or maybe just ended the game!

I for one will also play it safe and stick with Apple as this is what they want and due to you’re lack off deliverance a lot off others will be thinking along the same lines.

Good luck with your shatter, by the time you get you’re shit together the iPhone 100 will be released.

ROID1
October 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM

@Tony. I wasn't commenting on you bro. Read my comment. Its really hard to trust somebody in times like these :P lol. 10/10/10 10:10 AM or 10:10 PM... Jailbreakers will never forget :D

Tony
October 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I agree, word just came out on limerain twitter; that Geohot is hoping to release a fifth upgrade which should include Mac support..... That guy puts out more stuff then Chronic Dev has so far.....

Balto113
October 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Aww. U guys planned this.. We've been waiting patiently... Right before greenpois0n is to be released, u post up some crap about using a different jailbreak method and greenpois0n being delayed? That's lame.

GeoAss
October 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM

you all can suck devteam (known also as group assholes) dick's

mwahaaahaaahaaa :D
BW, this pices of shit does not work, yeah maybe on ipod1 or earlyer,,
yeah,

evanjd14
October 10, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Did not work for me with limera2n and now im screwed cause its 4.1 and not jailbroken and the f***in greenpoion makers aare stupid enough to not release there not hard enough worked on jailbreak Lazy aholes

Tony
October 10, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Yeah, chronic Dev complains on Geohot and his shitty JB; but then they post specifics about it on their info page.... Horse Shit!!!!!! If they gave a shit, then why won't they give us a true timeframe... Because they have no clue what the hell they are doing.... They were so ode to releasing and then a team member walked, on the morning of them suppose to posting the GREATEST JB ever; give me a fuckin break....

Maderfader
October 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I think i can understand why chron dev have to delay the release..since apple is going to release its 4.2 ios,it wouldn't be wise to release GP almost the same time as limera1n coz apple will be able to patch both exploits,resulting to us waiting a lot longer for a jb..at least we ONE than none when 4.2 is out..good thinking chrondevteam

alfred
October 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM

This is getting interesting..... :)

iWearNike
October 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Geohot wat an asshole!

james
October 10, 2010 at 12:17 AM

i hate this because it doesnt work for ipod touch 2g 4.1 ):

October 10, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Limera1n worked fine on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1. Jailbreak went smooth and easy.

Too bad it can't unlock its baseband (02.10.04 firmware). I am still stuck without my sim on this phone.

JonnyAppleGeek
October 10, 2010 at 12:19 AM

You are all a bunch of ungrateful f*ucheads! Stop your bitchy whining and suck it up. Not everyone can get exactly what they want, when they want it for free! (attractive women are an exception)

GameMaker
October 10, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I'm getting sick of this shit too, you said "jailbreak for life" and "apple can't patch it" now you say it's not released because apple CAN patch it... NICE

Cpt St33L
October 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Limera1n worked on my 3GS new bootrom an also works for iPhone 4 so use that instead. Why are people complaining? A jailbreak has been released for 4.1 on all devices it's just limera1n not greenpoison.

Hoges
October 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Hey Tony, you truly are stupid.

That is all.

Cheers
Hoges

xp1
October 10, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Shit, dev team is in shock for what geohot did! How the hell do they think WE feel about what THEY did (dev team)!!!!....

...maybe I will make my own jailbreak. See ya around!

AC
October 10, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Fuck you liars

blindbill
October 10, 2010 at 12:27 AM

well limera1n worked on my 3gs with 4.1 but im having trouble installing cydia now.

Tony
October 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Hey hoges..... Keep sniffing that crack cocaine; you just can't help it that something you had faith in is so much shit.... Read twitter, search google; do some research, open your closed mind, and you can see the proof....

LEWIS
October 10, 2010 at 12:32 AM

AT LAST!! THANKS TO GEOHOT FOR THE AMAZING NEW LIMERA1N JAILBREAK WHICH I HAVE SUCESSFULLY USED TO EASILY AND FLAWLESSLY JAILBREAK MY IPHONE 3GS ON IOS 4.1. WELL DONE!!

Thien
October 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I'm on iPhone 4 4.1 bb 2.10.04 the first time I did it didn't work 2nd it work show white icon install cydia reboot show cydia :)

7117
October 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM

this fuckin geodick is BIGGEST shithole in the World we have seen ever.

Rashvin
October 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Come on. Its ok, I'll use limera1n for now. Please mention it immediately when the Mac version is released.

Wad22
October 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I understand not wanting to release it in theory. What about those of us that use a Mac? Super lame that you backed out at the last minute.

alfred
October 10, 2010 at 12:54 AM

hahahaha... good one tony.

Hoges
October 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I don't need either as I'm still jailbroken on 4.0.1 and don't need the update. Greenpois0n could be fake for all I care, I just know that it's not.

This is typical behavior from EgoHot and chronic dev are being very mature and responsible in their reply and saving SHAtter for future jailbreaks.

But hey, why not throw away another bootrom exploit just because they want to use their own jailbreak method???

To hell with saving it for 5th gen devices! Oh wait, I know why they're saving it... So they don't have to put up with prissy little bitches like you whinging that they can't jailbreak they're iPhone 5 in 6 months time!!!

How about you open up your clearly crack-addled mind and think about the future instead of your own pithy little needs. And how about using something any normal person over the age of 10 has? A little thing called patience.

And stop spouting bullshit from Twitter. P0sixninja hasnt tweeted any release date. In fact he's said nothing for 15 hours. Or is the cocaine messing with your mind, man????

October 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM

HAAHHAHAHAHAHAH1 i knew this was gonna happen. Keep chasing the rainbow guys

Danny
October 10, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Couple of questions. If I jailbreak with limera1n can I still jailbreak with greenpoison when it comes out? Also will limera1n wear off with 4.2 update? Thanks.

manny
October 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM

this limesh1t does not work, don't waste your nervs man.. ask help at geoshit,he knows.

Curtis
October 10, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Nice going Geohot now I have to wait even longer for greenpois0n. I my alarm is almost ready to go off 10/10/10 10:10 AM. Thanks a lot.

c351
October 10, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Well this comes as no surprise. But it just goes to show the immaturity of the developers involved. Especially Geo..... He has a dummy spit a few months ago when someone else reased a jailbreak stealing his thunder. Then he holds back a more permanent jailbreak waiting for the right moment to do the same to someone else. Now we have this half baked Windows based tool which has limited testing. I am over the whole jail break thing anyway. I will wait for a well developed and tested tool rather than some kids buggy windows hack.

Jim
October 10, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Limera1n works. I've tried beta 4 on 3GS and 4G running 4.1. No problem at all. Just need to restart couple of times and it's done. Stop talking crap, these guys had work hard and limera1n had used some of their work to make the jailbreak possible. Donate whatever you can. Be grateful!

Jeff
October 10, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Yea. Let's talk bad about the ppl that bring us good software/exploits for free on their own time. Talk about being ungrateful and biting the hand that feeds you ... Punks!

Nemesis Elite
October 10, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Will there be a limera1n release for iphone 3G?

Jim
October 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Once limera1n is installed, you may need to reconnect to wifi. Make sure wifi works before trying to install Cydia in limera1n. You will need to reboot after installing Cydia in limera1n to get Cydia to show up.

Wright
October 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Can anybody help me with ny drinking problem?

creax
October 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM

don't bother about greenpoison... I was sceptic about the limerain jailbreak, but I just jailbreaked my Iphone 4 OS 4.1...!!!! piece of cacke and runs smoothly.... cydia up and running and already downloading free apps!!!!! you rule limerain!!!!!

Scott
October 10, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Ok I understand Chronic Dev want to save Greenpois0n for the next gen but think of it like this: Apple already knows we are trying jailbreak through a hardware gap. So they are most likely going to attempt to find it. If they find it then saving the hack until 5th gen could prove useless. And seeing as how THEY are the ones that made the phone, there is a huge chance they will find it. If people complain when iPhone 5 comes out because they can't jailbreak, then they can just wait till there is a jailbreak released for that device.

Noneya
October 10, 2010 at 1:42 AM

This website's credibility just got nuked, can you say unfollow?

Jimmy Johnston
October 10, 2010 at 1:52 AM

F-it!! It is what it is!! If you don't like, go take some classes on programming / coding!! We of course we want a jailbreak and unlock, but the dev teams and geohot have the keys!! What's complainning going to do!! The dev team and geohot are doing this for FREE! They all work off dotations so if you don't like what's going on don't give a dotation and start up another dev team!! If you didn't save your SHSH from 4.0 or 4.0.1 it's you fault or if u updated because your stupid, that's your fault!!

Jimmy Johnston
October 10, 2010 at 1:55 AM

F-it!! It is what it is!! If you don’t like, go take some classes on programming / coding!! We of course want a jailbreak and unlock, but the dev teams and geohot have the keys!! What’s complainning going to do!! The dev team and geohot are doing this for FREE! They all work off donations, so if you don’t like it don’t give a dotation and start up another dev team!! If you didn’t save your SHSH from 4.0 or 4.0.1 it’s you fault or if u updated because your stupid, that’s your fault!!

Ironic Dev
October 10, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I suppose this means haters: 1, greenpois0n: 0

alfred
October 10, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Yeah just wait for it, just a day before after 6 months of wait or for a future iphone/ipod release ,geohot or another genttleman will release theirs and funday will become another dumbday for the cronic dev team. greenp0ison you guys are fraud.

October 10, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Greenpoison release...

motaboy
October 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Hey guys...stop criticising these guys man...they did a hell of a good job by looking into loopholes and coming out with a program for us to use.eventhough greenpois0n was not released as scheduled,at least there is this limera1n...so juz use this limera1n and shutup...for those freaks who couldnt see the limerain icon after attempting...try again...or restart ur device manually...it works great on my iPhone 4...thanks geohot...and chronic dev team...keep up the good work and try releasing greenpois0n as soon as u can...cheers!!!

marc
October 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM

it works fine in my iphone 3gs... it just a piece of cake... maybe theres a problem in your iphone 3g or itouch... even though they release greenpoison... its only for A4 Processor/ for the new ones only like iphone 4... be thankful enough that they release limerain for all iphone/touch units :D

TechSupport
October 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Lmaooooo. GeoHot is soo pimp. You already know Chronic is tight as fuckk xDD

ROID1
October 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Hey guys,

If anyone's got an iPad like me, well... I JUST JAILBROKE IT!!! :D
using LimeRa1n ofcourse. It works, so I don't know why people are having a problem downloading a different branded jailbreak. Seriously, stop dicking around on the web. Download LimeRa1n and have fun. I'm downloading REAL RACING HD as we speak :P Remember... ME WANT FREE APPS! :D

ROID1
October 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Hey guys,

If anyone's got an iPad like me, well... I JUST JAILBROKE IT!!! :D

ROID1
October 10, 2010 at 2:14 AM

YES I REALIZE I POSTED IT TWICE! NO BIGGY DICKY! :o

Trigger
October 10, 2010 at 2:24 AM

hmm.. having the Problem with 3GS on 4.1 with limera1n. Every call fails and i alwas have just 1 bar reception or no reception.

Master
October 10, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Fuck these lying ass mofos! They ain't ever coming out with a jailbreak!

ascian
October 10, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I thought the entire selling point of GP was that it was an unpatchable bootrom exploit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I drink the kool-aid and assume it's a working exploit, what reason could they have to not release it? It makes no sense to say that it could be patched.

Jker98
October 10, 2010 at 2:32 AM

All of you crying about it just being on windows.. Get a real computer :) (flame on). Seriously if you restore your device to the latest factory firmware then run limera1n you will be fine. The people having most of the problems seem to be ones that are jailbroke and trying to run limera1n without restoring first.

Wind
October 10, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Rude rude... Guys if u dont believe Dev Team pls don't visit this blog... As u don't show any appreciation to the Dev Team.... Make yourself one that works in the way you like and stop swearing and complains.. Pls don't forget that they have previously jailbreak and unlocked our devices also what Is the points to buy a locked handset and can't be unlocked ... Pls be patient ... As Dev Team try to save the software for later only for our future benefits.. Pls read the message with the brain, don't just think with ur ass only...

Nemesis Elite
October 10, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Marc, if you read closely, it does not specify that limera1n works on iphone 3G. it does specify 3GS, so no wonder it works for you. there is nothing wrong with my iphone, but i don't want to try it if it won't work. i do appreciate that they release these jail breaks and i would like to break my iphone 3G if they make the program work for it.

Bucs_fan4life
October 10, 2010 at 2:52 AM

K so this jb will work on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 firmware? I hear alot of people saying it didn't work and some people also said it worked. I think ok gonna wait a bit till the bugs get fixed, I already waited for greenposi0n so why not wait for limera1n!

P.s. Bitch move geohot but when I get the iPhone 5 In the future guess it's good to know that I can jailbreak it!

NetNinja
October 10, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I had the same troubles on my iPhone 4.
The problem as far as I can tell was that I used all
11 possible homescreens.
After moving all the icons from page 11 to 10 and below,
the blank icon showed up and limaera1n worked.
greetz from Austria

FuckYou
October 10, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Well well well, how did we all know that this would happen? Well once again, this is bullshit and the Greenpois0n will never come out and they'll keep using the excuse "Delyaed due to another JB Coming out" Oh c'mon! We waited for this and you don't release it..? So much for planning the perfect date. Too bad it wasn't set for 10/13/10 10:10 GMT cause then 13 would be an unlucky number and then we would obviously know that you the "devteam" were bullshiting us.

Smileyguy
October 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM

When is this predicted to come out?

Fellow Jailbreaker
October 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM

Dude, I fucking agreee with you 100%
fuck these douchebags.

Sukhwant singh
October 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM

How can unlock iPhone 4 running firmware 4.1

chavo
October 10, 2010 at 3:14 AM

i have iphone 4 and i did use limera1n to jalbreak and it works perfectly

PsychedelicWuff
October 10, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Perhaps instead of bashing them for NOT releasing the jailbreak, maybe you need to realize something. Geoh0t jumped the gun and released his jailbreak so NOW if Chronic Dev released their exploit apple patches BOTH and we are back to square 1. This way, we have a chance to see the NEXT iOS jailbroken much faster , and not have you little kids crying about when it will come out.

Shawn
October 10, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Keep up the good work guys!

xkuruma
October 10, 2010 at 3:25 AM

does it work with iPhone 3G ??
what about the unlock ?. or is it just jailbreak ??

thanx

Cristi
October 10, 2010 at 3:25 AM

i have one iphone 4g 4.1 modem 02.10.04 i m already installed limera and cydia also but the problom is invalid sim any one have any solution please help.

DB
October 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM

You all are pathetic... Make your own JB or wait for Greenpois0n. Or you could use Limera1n, which worked perfectly on my ip4. Thank you Geohot for the jailbreak and to Comex for making it untethered. This delay info was available last night if you would have bothered researching instead of assuming they would release it on schedule.

Lol
October 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Guys stfu and quit bitching. It's their jailbreak and you're benefiting for free so be more appreciative of their work.

Cristi
October 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM

i have one iphone 4g 4.1 modem 02.10.04 i m already installed limera and cydia also but the problom is invalid sim any one have any solution please help m how source cidya for activation sim ??vodafine and cosmote

Vincent
October 10, 2010 at 3:29 AM

I downloaded limera1n it jailbroke my device in seconds but it won't instal cydia I'm on the 3GS as well 4.1 but it won't instal cydia I do have limera1n on my device and cannot download cydia

Sarah
October 10, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Kinda lame,but if they saw something that needed fixed before releasing...I guess I can call truths.Would have been worse if they released it and Apple could patch it.

iHaveItNow
October 10, 2010 at 3:52 AM

If you have an iPhone 3G use redsn0w 0.9.6.....the dev team released it Thursday night I haven't had any problem yet, works beautifully :-)

October 10, 2010 at 4:01 AM

WTF?! FUCKEN FAGS I was up all night for this shit and now this.
Fuck QuickPWN they just got PWNED!
EVERYONE JUST START USING GEOHOT´s software.

iHaveItNow
October 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM

ROFL @Joe....if you bothered looking on the Internet instead of writing a fucking novel on a blog complaining about it, you'd know that limera1n doesn't support touch 2g or iPhone 3G, the dev team released redsn0w 0.9.6 on Thursday and mine works great :-)

greenpois0n_is_a_scam
October 10, 2010 at 4:13 AM

I think your wrong.. the Dev Team dont show any appreciation to the users who have donated to them for the R&D and release of there so called (NON-Existences) greenpois0n..

sem
October 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM

How to unlock it?

Alarsi
October 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Thanx to dev 4 taking the right decition
Linera1n works perfecto, just try reading the tutorial and the answer came out.

Saving the new exploit wil protect us when Apple's NeXT step came.

iHaveItNow
October 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Also if you're having problems jailbreaking your phones, first off read about the JB to see if you meet the requirements, then if you're good to go, make sure you follow the directions to a T, if not it's not going to work. Now if you rely on an unlock there hasn't been one released yet to work with the new versions so make sure you READ about what you're trying to do don't just ask people on blogs, someone may give wrong info. Go to the source!!!

greenpois0n_is_a_scam
October 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Hey Dev Team I want my Money back or i want my apple TV, Ipod4 Iphone 4 that you bought with the money I donated....

alejandro
October 10, 2010 at 4:25 AM

worked in ipod 2g mc(4.1)?

merQrey
October 10, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Hi there. is there a unlock out for the iphone 4 running 4.02 or 4.1
if i have to jailbreak using limera1n will i be able to unlock the phone?

Gil
October 10, 2010 at 4:32 AM

GREENPOIS0N prooved what a junk and that they dont have the so call Shatter jailbreak that is a fantasy its not true because they told us that Apple cant path it only make a new boot rom to fix it..and now because of the escuse of limerain they are not going to release it because apple can patch it ? Helloo what its true and what is not ..........Thanks because there is a GEOHOT that dont talk to much but he alway make the Job done ! DEVTEAM you disapoint me More that 2 month waiting for nothing.....You make us wait and wait so you got everyone begin for youre jailbreak so you to be fameos........but because you talk and talk and wait so much someone took youre fame (Thanks GEOHOT)

rf
October 10, 2010 at 4:34 AM

for the idiots on here bitching about "finding out the last second" and bad mouthing CDT - get a fucking twitter account - all of this was well discussed before this post was ever made and if any of you were well informed youd realize GeoHot is the SOLE reason CDT had to rework greenpois0n - all of this has a technical aspect to it in which 90% of u retards on here wouldnt understand even if i tried to begin to explain

Alteran
October 10, 2010 at 4:39 AM

@Master Be happy you now have limera1n, and shut the hell up.

greenpois0n_is_a_scam
October 10, 2010 at 4:51 AM

are you a retard?? apple will and is going to change the chip.. so no matter what the dev team will have to make (if they want to) a new expl0it anyways..

juni
October 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM

hi, i have ipad on 3.2.2 and i used limera1n, after the step 4, when it says “going in DFU mode”, it should then display limera1n logo, but instead it shows that recovery logo(in which it says connect cable to itunes!)……but on the limera1n screenshot it says jailbreak is done….i dont understand this….not working after many attempts?

Flip
October 10, 2010 at 5:08 AM

nerds will nerd rage.

There was a second exploit released, which is why they did not release theirs for obvious reasons. If your going to get mad at some one get mad at Geohot. He knew an exploit was going to be released but he released his first instead.

Zee
October 10, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Oh yeah. Blame it on limera1n, you assholes. Looking for just about any excuse to piss us off.

Bangbus
October 10, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Happy for limera1n!!!

Dissapointed for greenpoison.

Bangbus 4 life

and arriba el pelonsobas!!!!!!

Gian
October 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM

fuckk offf i've beeen waitin so fuckin long for greenpois0n but now geo fuck bitch released his fuckin jailbreak!!!!!!! @geohot go work and release it on mac bitch

juni
October 10, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Jeffrydahmersbootycall
October 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Ahahahaha dev team is the biggest bunch of nerd monkey diddling ass sniffing gringos sucking bunch of mongoloid whores I have ever seen they are dumb as shit and cant release a jailbreak even tho they have NOTHING better to do limrain works fine so I say FUCK THE DEV TEAM YOU VIRGIN PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

SomeoneWithSense
October 10, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hey, genius, do you know why the Dev Teams and geohot keep having to put out new jailbreaks? Because Apple keeps patching the exploits. If GreenPois0n was released with the SHAtter exploit, and limera1n was released with comex's exploit, Apple would have patched both exploits and left the jailbreak community with nothing. Chronic is being smart by not releasing the SHAtter exploit, so Apple can't patch it. Maybe if you used a little sense, you would understand this.

October 10, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Found something funny on limera1n, in the afternoon limera1n showed that there is ipodtouch 2g compatibility coming soon but now it is gone...

How
October 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Honestly I wonder...

With so many immature behaviour going on,

They shouldn't bother developing jailbreak,

Seeing how ungrateful some people are.

October 10, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Tried limera1n and for the first time didn't work for the second it worked. Well what can i say... I waited greenpois0n for weeks too, but it seems that Geohot is still better than The Chronic Dev Team. Thanks Geohot!

Alex
October 10, 2010 at 6:13 AM

I can appreciate that greenpois0n are diapointed at the release of limera1n. Saying that though their is something that few people seem to be talking about, only for iphone 4 hardware. What about the rest of us that have 3Gs's and 3G's? I don't think its fair that grief should be put towards Geohot. It would be a shame for 3G and 3Gs users to be left behind due to one development team deciding or not being able to jailbreak anything apart from the iphone 4 for whatever reason. It is a shame as backstabbing seemed to of taken place which is never nice. Got my iphone 3Gs 4.1 jailbroken (new bootrom) so I'm happy regardless.

Paul
October 10, 2010 at 6:16 AM

Limera1n doesn't work for me. I have a iPhone 4 with 4.1. When I installed this jailbreak. I lost many apps and had no signal. I installed and uninstalled three times. Every time the same thing.

Daniel
October 10, 2010 at 6:16 AM

I used limera1n on iPhone 4 firmware 4.1 works great!

Adept
October 10, 2010 at 6:17 AM

greenpois0n is like the Playstation 3 when they found out about the Xbox 360 and said "oh SHIT! We can't possibly put this out on the market, it's inferior!" so now they're scrambling to get their shot together.
PS Thanks for telling people to wait until 10/10/10 just to say "nope, go get what you coulda got days ago! But thanks for waiting!"