Home » » Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak for iPhone is Almost Done - Can'tJailbreak iOS 4.0.2

Written By Unknown on Sunday, October 3, 2010 | 5:05 PM

greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreakThe Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak software for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch is "almost done" at least according to Zeke FSM who purchased an Apple TV for a greenpois0n jailbreak team member p0sixninja and went over to his house for a visit. Zeke wasn't given any secrets, but he was just shown how greenpois0n looks like and got to meet some of the awesome developers behind Greenpois0n.

As I mentioned in my last post, the greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak release is days away, so if you want to download greenpois0n you won't have to wait long for it to be released.  The greenpois0n jailbreak team (Chronic Dev Team) themselves have been pretty busy ironing out all the bugs and preparing the jailbreak, but they did manage to make a recent tweet reminding everyone not to believe any rumors posted on blogs and that they haven't given any ETA yet. So if you see an actual release date on any blog, just ignore it and don't get your hopes up.

The greenpois0n jailbreak uses the SHAtter jailbreak exploit created by former Chronic Dev Team member pod2g to jailbreak all iOS 4.1 devices for LIFE. Greenpois0n can't jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 so iOS 4.0.2 users will need to update. This is a big deal, and the jailbreak will definitely be worth the wait once it's released. If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1 hardware, you can just Subscribe to QuickPWN by Email and follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for updates.

Joe
October 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I like these constant updates, gives me something to read about during the wait. Thanks and keep them coming!

Drew
October 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM

When you say we 4.0.2 people need to update, should we update to 4.1 now then, in expectation? Cause I've read that updating to 4.1 BEFORE the jailbreak will make the iPhone 4 un-jailbreakable.

Mike
October 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM

@Drew

What you just said makes no sense. All the iPhone 4's released since iOS 4.1 was released have that OS running on them, including my own. Do you think nobody waiting for greenpois0n currently has 4.1?

Whoever said that has no idea what they're talking about. It would be a pretty useless jailbreak if it only worked for people that updated to 4.1 after it was released. Even on a technical level I can't envision how the JB wouldn't work for iDevices already running 4.1.

Anyway, thanks for these updates. Like Joe, I do like reading these during the wait.

Drew
October 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Yes, I know it sounded ridiculous. But, I'd rather be safe than sorry, on the somehow slim chance that was the case. Thanks tho for the info. I agree too with you guys. Great to get updates while waiting

Lewis
October 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM

yerrrr having something to read makes it all the less painfull...
the amount of apps that are going to be downloaded once jailbroken...my goodness. been hanging out for this for weeks
tragically my iphone 4 came with 4.02 firmware as stock. so no chance of a downgrade either. :/

steve
October 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM

People. Here is the deal. If your iphone4 is on OS 4.0.2, then you should upgrade to 4.1.0 to work with the green thing. However, for those who wish to be unlocked, then you must use the Tinyumbrella during the upgrade or you will lose your 1.59 baseband. Ultrasn0w can only unlock baseband 1.59 on iPhone 4. Anything higher than this must go to Ebay or AT&T.

steve
October 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM

@Mike

You are so god damn clueless. Iphone4 that comes with OS 4.1 is jailbreakable. The only issue is that the baseband gets upgraded as well, so you can not unlocked. This is not an issue if unlocking is not your concern. JB and Unlock are two separate entities. Please don't get them mixed up.

Pong Lenis
October 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Ummmm...

The jailbreak isn't going to be released until 4.2 comes out. If it's released before then, the exploit will be patched...
Don't forget about the people who want to jailbreak iOS 4 on the iPad...

Noodle
October 4, 2010 at 3:07 AM

My iPhone is 4.0.2, I am waiting for jb and I would like to unlock, can I use tinyumbrella to save my baseband since it is not jb yet?

Mickey
October 4, 2010 at 4:23 AM

But wait , i didnt understand ... The jailbreak for ios 4.1 iphone 4 is released or not yet ?? Because im dying to jailbreak my iphone 4 ios 4.1 , and unlock it ... Im using it as an ipod and its sux seriously !!!

Mickey
October 4, 2010 at 4:27 AM

How can i know when its released ? Thanks for da update while waitinf

Mike
October 4, 2010 at 6:44 AM

@Steve

Maybe next time you call someone clueless, you should make sure you are replying to someone who talks about anything you mention.

Lol, I didn't talk about unlocking at all in my post. Go ahead, read it again, see if I mention unlocking. I know the difference. Go suck a fat one.

Jack
October 4, 2010 at 10:40 AM

thanks for the update mate. good to know something is coming along soon cause ive been waiting for a while

Missile
October 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Thanx for working hard on the up-coming jailbreak and people that don't have patents quite the bitching and whining dooshbags ...the dev team rules...!!!

Venim
October 5, 2010 at 12:22 AM

You said it man!, im on here every few hours just to see an update :D

Zk
October 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM

@Steve.

Steve, is the baseband # the "Modem firmware"#?

I originally had an unlocked and jb phone but something happened and I had to restore it to get it back working. I accidentally updated it and now I'm running 4.0.2 with a modem firmware of 05.13.04. So, just to be clear, even when the greenp0ison jb comes out I won't actually be able to get it unlocked?

Thanks for your help

Raja
October 6, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Im in the same dump. overpriced ipod touch.

jose
October 6, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Well i love these updates, it just makes me happier every morning i get up and see that the dev team is doing an awesome job. I can't wait for greenpois0n to come out, i'm eager like every one else. GGGOOOOOOO DEEEVVVV TTTEEAAAAMMM!!!!!!

Vega
October 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Hi I updated to 4.1 with new Bootrom will I still be able to jailbreak an unlock with greenpoison

XxtcxX
October 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM

are you blind?

if you read the SHAtter exploit is a hardware xploit through the baseband not a software exploit... read a little bit -_-

Jay
October 9, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyÿ!!!!!!!!?!!!!! Bbbbbbb iv been waiten years lol thank u god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? N. Jackpot. I'm not gonna dy. Yessssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz