Home » » Verizon iPhone Not Coming Soon

Verizon iPhone Not Coming Soon

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 | 10:34 AM

Verizon iPhone
A Verizon iPhone phone is like a dream come true for many Verizon Apple fans. Unfortunately it won't come true any time too soon, despite the rumors the other blogs are spreading claiming to have information from "sources". At least according to a report on the Sacramento Bee.

Last week, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg spoke to investors at Goldman Sachs conference. Nothing about a Verizon iPhone was said, but the Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg did say that he hopes Apple will allow Verizon to sell the phone for a new network it's building. So there may still be hope for a Verizon iPhone.

Seidenberg told investors that he doesn't feel like Verizon has an iPhone deficit, but he would love to carry it when Verizon gets there, but first Verizon must earn it. Verizon expects to launch it's new LTE based network in 25 to 30 cities by the end of 2010, and bring near-nationwide coverage by end of 2012.

Rethink Wireless recently reported that a Verizon iPhone would be coming later this year, but it would launch on Verizon's CDMA network since the LTE network is not ready. Whether or not this is actually true, we won't know until June 2011, the month when Apple releases or announces their new iPhone.

JP
September 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Verizon sux.

Jason
September 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Works great on my droid ROFL

xiaoa
September 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

i have been waiting for the verizon one for a long time , I dare not to buy a iphone 4 After the antenna issue spread out, but i am look forwartd to get a iphone, so , i am waiting for the Verizon one and White one which will solved the antenna proble ,at the same time , i intend to order the Netflix serve and buy a Aneesoft iphone video converter..

Jason
September 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Wad is verizon

Alex
September 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Damn, i v been hoping for an iphone for a few years, when i saw the original iphone plans at my father's office. it looked like verizons lg chocolate V2, but larger. And now, to find out tht verizon is nt getting it?? I guess i ll get the droid, even though the iphone is the better product. Apple better get their head out of their ass and release an official statement

NoPe
September 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM

iPhone should remain exclusive on AT&T, verizon already tried with the Droid, which I think is a cheap feeling wannabe iPhone. Say no to Verizon's version of the iPhone if it is ever in discussion...

Cesium
October 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Im not one to normally comment on these thing but today I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from the iPhone 3G. A friend of mine since high school works at the AT&T store that I go to. He has always been a fan of the iPhone ad well and he isn't using the iPhone anymore. He told me that the employees at his store were told to start useing other phones because they won't be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone soon so they want to start pushing other phones. Now I know people probably won't believe me anyway but this is a real experience that I had today, october first.

Jaime
October 6, 2010 at 5:00 AM

I bet you feel like a jackass for writing this article now, lol

Oops
October 6, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Looks like you jumped the gun on this one...

Also, as a former Apple employee who worked exclusively in iPhone tech support, I can tell you that AT&T is the worst thing about the iPhone. Staying exclusive to AT&T would be as good a business choice as making computers that only have support for the Azerbaijani language.

On a final note, you have way too many ads on your website. It's so excessive that it's difficult to navigate and read content.

Lee Anne
October 6, 2010 at 11:41 AM

They have till February when my contract ends. No Ipone, I dump verizon and go pay as you go till ATT arrives in my local area (which will be never)

At&t customer
October 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM

The antennae problem is kind of a lame reason not to purchase the iphone 4 while it is an incredible device, i think that the droids that are coming out currently just "incredible" haha. Iphone 4 is definately still my #1 choice

bob
October 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM

um, your wrong. verizon is coming out with and iphone in early 2011.

Casey C
October 7, 2010 at 4:42 AM

Obviously you've never used one. When I switched from ATT to Verizon (because ATT is TERRIBLE) I picked up an Incredible. Still trying to find out what the iphone can do that this thing can't...

verizon ftw
October 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM

wow someone shoot the chode who wrote this.. verizon is coming out with iphone capabiliies early 2011 all other cell companies just shit themselves..

Joey
October 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM

What's your proof of this besides various blogs and "sources close to the matter" which has been the supposed proof for every claim that Apple will sell its iPhone on any network other than AT&T at any time. These rumors persist but seem to have no basis in fact. I say I'll only believe that they're selling the iPhone through Verizon when I see it on their shelves.

anthony
October 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Januray 2011 bro. Know your facts

yoi stooppid
October 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM

IPhone 5 currently being developed for Verizon's new 4 g network.

SF_Gal
October 11, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Can anyone tell me if an Iphone 3 will work with Verizon when they do start Verizon service?

John Doe
October 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Have any of you read the legal documents on the iPhone if you read the deal that At&t made unless there is a loop hole they have the iPhone exclusively till 2012. I know this will suck but I just saw the legal documents showing it. you can order a copy of the documents from the state of California for legal records if you do not believe me. Also if you look Verizon was offered the iPhone first but they where going to the blackberry so they said no.

paige
October 14, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Verizon does not need the iPhone anyways. Apple would be lucky to pick up such a ruling network as Verizon. If VZW does pick up the iphone, fine. The Droid market is about to bypass the "wondrous" iPhone anyhow.

October 15, 2010 at 5:53 AM

how about the email that Verizon is now carrying the iPad starting October 28th dipshit?

Seth
October 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

yeah and you need a 3rd party dongle to use it, the fact that apple didn't even bother to implement cdma in the iPad wifi+3g and that there isn't a violation in the ATT+Apple Contract to sell this device in partnership with verizon shows no proof that Apple will come into an agreement with Verizon anytime soon in terms of the iPhone.

Gerry
October 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Verizon not getting the iPhone. The person that wrote this article looks like a complete fool now, don't they? Like Apple would release the iPad, but not the iPhone on Verizon. Right. It's coming, and soon. Count on it. Except I'm betting by Christmas, not January. Anyone can look at U.S. companies that signed contracts with entities outside the U.S. In June, Apple signed with ASUS, of Taiwan, to mass produce CDMA enabled iPhones beginning in September. It's public record, go look it up. Producing in September and going to wait until January? Don't think so!

betterthanyou
October 17, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Lmao nice try AT&T fanboy fag. Too bad its coming out Jan 2011! Verizon will dominate! Bahahahahahaaaaaaaa! Fuck you!

October 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM

How did Apple set the setting for the Iphone’s downfall, the Android? “By simultaneously creating a burning desire for an app-driven touch-screen smart phone, and then denying it to two-thirds of the American populace.” -Wilson Rothman
Well said Rothman.

David
October 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Geeeez....Then I wonder what Apple plans on doing with the three million CDMA chips they just bought from Qualcomm?

duh
October 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM

i hear the iphone for verizon is already released, you can get it at walgreens...

Mark
October 20, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Personally, I'll take the word of the Wall Street Journal and New York Times over the moron who wrote this article.

Rich
October 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Verizon and apple better get on the same page, and make this new phone either a wifi hotspot or
Tether enabled! At no cost on the everything plans!

u
October 21, 2010 at 2:00 AM

apples and oranges anybody?

u
October 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM

and the reviews I have read say the Incredible leaves very little to be desired compared to the iphone....and that is all in the feel of it, which, seems to me, would be a personal preference issue.

Verizon Wireless
October 21, 2010 at 5:20 AM

I work for Verizon and if you are wanting an iphone....get your X-Mas list made out. Will be released this holiday season, although I cannot give you an exact date. All our stores have to get ready for this because we are expecting a HUGE rush.

lets really think about this
October 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM

alright think now people why would verizon tell everyone that they are releasing the iphone in early 2011 when christmas is right around the corner how many people would just wait sales would go down till its released. Sales are dropping with just the rumor of the iphone on verizon so they would be shooting them selves in the head if they said hey we got thew iphone it will be here in march or whenever.

Joshua Tree
October 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Actually it is a great reason to not get the iphone 4. I recently switched from sprint to ATT for the iphone 4, i agree its the greatest mobile device i have ever seen, period. Nothing else compares but i constantly was dropping calls even with the bumper case(which i had to pay $30 for). I contemplated for days weather i was willing to compromise call quality and reliability for a superior device and software. I decided it wasnt worth it. Whats the point of buying an iphone and spend over $100 a month for something that would work "sometimes"?