Home » » SHAtter iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Exploit - iPod touch 4th Generation JailbreakAccomplished

Written By Unknown on Monday, September 27, 2010 | 9:30 AM

SHAtter iOS 4.1 jailbreak
Near the beginning of this month, the SHAtter iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Exploit was discovered by an iPhone hacker that goes by the name pod2g. pod2g gave the exploit to two different jailbreaking teams: iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team. iPhone Dev Team will be using the SHAtter exploit in their PwnageTool jailbreak, while Chronic Dev Team will be using the SHAtter exploit in their greenpois0n jailbreak.

Today, the iPhone Dev Team posted a video here showing proof that the SHAtter exploit can jailbreak iPod touch 4G. Now skeptics can stop complaining and wait for the jailbreak to be released. Watch the video and you can see that the iPod touch 4th generation jailbreak was successfully accomplished, thanks to the SHAtter exploit that pod2g developed and handed over to the iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team. The iPhone Dev Team stated on their blog post that the SHAtter iOS 4.1 jailbreak exploit will be used in PwnageTool mainly for those with iPhone 4's so they can update while preserving their unlock.

A lot of people keep bugging Chronic Dev Team and asking for an update on when the greenpois0n Jailbreak will be out. As I mentioned in my greenpois0n update post, the greenpois0n update will be released before iOS 4.2 software is released. Follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for the latest updates.

Dsstech
September 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Awesome y'all the best.

Evo Lee
September 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM

That's awesome!!!!

Andrew
September 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Where do I go to jailbreak my iPod

smartazz
September 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Go to the apple store, they'll help you.

hacker
September 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Why do they tease all these little brats with the videos, updates, etc. if they aren't going to release it.. don't get it

LemonSlice762
September 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM

We don't give them enough credit, these guys are the best!

Efrain Coronel
September 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I wanna jailbreak my iPhone 4!!!! ://

Omar
September 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM

So does the rest of the world. But I am getting tired of these updates. I can't wait for the official release tweet. When will that day come? Hopefully real soon.

Anonforgreatjustice
September 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I still don't understand why they can't give a rough estimate on the ETA. It'd be nice to know if it'll be days or weeks - and that shouldn't be a difficult guesstimate to make. Even if you said something more exact, no ones going to hold it against you if you explain delays. "Ran into fatal error... Looks like this might take a while to fix. Expect delays." I'd respect a team that gives updates like that a lot more than one that continuous says, "It'll be out soon, but you'll have to wait till the day of release to find out when that is."

Again, I understand these things take time and that it's not an exact science, but it'd be nice to know *something.*

daiske
September 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

really?:)

Hans
September 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM

The Chronic Dev Team could give you updates, but it's very technical stuff that most of you won't understand. Updating their status takes away their time from working on it.

Ajajajajaja
September 27, 2010 at 12:24 PM

For those complaining that the jailbreak wont get released, this is proof that the JB itself are done. How else would they use the SHAtter on that iTouch just to show that it is in fact functional? The SHAtter exploit has been now confirmed, now all we do is wait for its release. If you have an iPhone 4, think of waiting for your phone while you saw the Gizmodo leak. It was done, but you still waited for the release as the Evo came out.

a ass
September 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

bs

Anonforgreatjustice
September 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM

@Hans:
It's not like we're asking for details in the updates. Things like "Working on allowing OS modifications." "Working on enabling unsigned code." "Broke apps! Running into issues and we accidentally broke every application..." Can't figure out why it's happening... This will be a slow down." Your average Joe can understand updates like that, and it let's us know what's going on. It only takes 15 seconds at the end of the day to write something like that - not a slow down at all.

themanlol
September 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM

thats the point dude, they are making it exciting for everybody!

Im also desperate to jailbreak my iPhone 4, and my iPad but not knowing when is better than knowing ;)

Dexter
September 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM

This would be my first timeposting on quickpwn, now I've been following it since I first got my 2nd gen iPod touch so I'm not new by anymeans. All you people crying and bitching about wanting the update and that it's bs and they can't do it go @$&! Your selves and find a new site to cry to. Begging for it won't get you it faster, nor will tirelessly denying it's existence. Just makes you look stupid. I think the site should force everyone to sign up download/view/post anything, the way you sorry @&$!'s can be banned and ip banned from even getting it from the site. As far as I'm concerned every one owe's these guys making this for us! I would gladly pay them for ther hard work and dedication any day. Hats off to you dev teams, first drinks on me when your done!

roysmith
September 27, 2010 at 5:19 PM

So if i use Red Snow to jailbreak my phone right now will i still be able to use shatter when it comes out?...

Haduken
September 27, 2010 at 6:42 PM

+1 they're f***** a******s.. this is the reason why geohot leaved the community, because all of these impatient bastards! iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team doesn't owe you guys a thing. they can do the jailbreak WHENEVER they want and RELEASE it whenever they want.

You should be happy guys because at least, they're always posting updates and stuff!

jim
September 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

NO YOU RETARDS!!! HOW DUMB ARE YOU

LOVE YOUR WORK SMARTAZZ

Henry
September 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM

@roysmith, yes of corse. You can unjailbreak (vanilla) your iPhone by restoring then rejailbreak

This seems like apple. Keeping the release date a secret.

rob
September 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM

People are not "a*****es" for wanting to be informed as to the percentage of completion. They have like 10 guys working on this, there is no reason for a toolkit to take more than a few weeks to be released, assuming they all have full time jobs. Especially since pod2g handed both teams the exploit. It seems to me as if they are all highly unorganised. Also, if they are not going to post updates constantly with rough estimates on how the toolkits are progressig, they shouldnt keep c**k teasing everyone with videos and constant posts of "expect it soon." Me personally, I understand the type of delays that can be had when it comes to makig such things as I have personal experience havin worked with computers my whole life. Then again, all my projects have been done by solely just myself without partners. Bottom line is, either post consistant semi-detailed updates or dont post anythin at all unless its a few days before the toolkits ETA.

Zeims
September 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Finally some huge approvement :) i bet jb can be coming in this week.

ZinNyZinZin
September 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Can this jb hacktivate iPhone 3GS?

Jeff P
September 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Wow, what a bunch of spoiled brats who are complaining! You get the damned jailbreak for free and you have the audacity to complain? Have some patience children! Props to all who are working on this. I am very excited to see what you have in store for us weather we get a detailed update or not. Thanks again and have a great day. Brats included

misterfrank
September 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Great job, thanks !!

Jakob
September 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Wow u ppl are blowing up at these people

Kato3000
September 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM

This is a service .. Have any of you ever worked on a product people anticipate of course people want to know when it's released. If they can't handle the complaints then why do it or all or post teaser info. If they didn't want people bothering them they shouldnt have said a thing all until it was released. They want people on their blogs and websites, that's why they post this stuff but then turn around and get mad when they people complain. You can't have it both ways.

Caralho
September 28, 2010 at 1:40 AM

one more useless post !...

Dr dirty
September 28, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Videos can be fakes as we all experience with geohot. Until this so called vaporware jailbreak is released it's all heresy garbage.

Ronnie D.
September 28, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Ok well first of all to all those people telling people that want and ETA on the jailbreak to shut up, well wtf how hard is it to give an update like "should be done in about 2 weeks - dev team". Oh wow that took a whole 2 seconds to type. Look its not to technical for us to understand. I do agree that it is bullshit. I am grateful for the FREE jailbreak but its like we are the dev-teams bitches and are told to shut up, and sit down and wait patiently while living in the dark for an ETA.

Help
September 28, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Will this jailbreak my ipod touch 8gb 3g with 4.1 firmware?

Ive been looking for a way to sort this out but i dont even know if its possible atm?

Kriator7
September 28, 2010 at 4:58 AM

I know for a fact the people making the bad comments work for apple!!!

They are doing it to pull the teams apart. They are trying to make Dev-Team and all the other people that work so hard, think we don't appreciate them!!! Every one is very thank full for these GIFTS... And that is exactly what it is, unless you think you can do it YOURSELVES!!!! I always Donate and always will!!

These guys are doing hard work so we can be free. Don't be fooled, APPLE already Got to GEO HOT!!!

Quit complaining
September 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM

2 points.
1. For all you complainers, shut up. Both Dev teams are using the basic marketing: generate interest / anticipation.
2. I agree with Haduken (though not his grammar). I would add this: unless YOU are developing a jailbreak of your own, you have NO CHOICE but to wait. Unless you are offering remedy to the problem, you have no right to complain.

Thats true
September 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM

yeah, i am totally amazed that people would even program this for free?!!.dang because of these people we have been able to jailbreak. So be thankful they aren't charging. I could see this as brilliant market. or they could do something better than help a bunch of winy people. but no they help us. Yes its a tease to see this kinda stuff, i too check everyday for the real update but to wine about it i have no right to. I am a programmer as well but no where near the skills of the dev teams. Keep it up guys

TheOneFor
September 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM

most of the new jailbreaks jailbreak all of the new and old iphones/ipod touches so yes you probably will be able to jb your itouch with it

PS everyone be patient does nobody remember what happened to geohot he left because he was getting annoyed with the amount of requests he was getting for him to release limera1n so lay off the developers

September 28, 2010 at 8:49 AM

You guys kill me!! I think it is awesome waiting for the Jailbreak/unlock to come out. Its like Christmas when you have to wait to open your present. And I dont even have the iPhone4. But I know what its like. I had the 3gs and I had to wait for the unlock for that to come out... You guys at Dev Team and Chronic, Keep up the awesome work... I appreciate everything that you guys do for us little people. And I will continue to wait, patiently... in front of my monitor. :)

deo98
September 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

need help can you help me jail break my ipod touch 4g 4.1

jlerma
September 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM

thanx to pod2g for giving his HACK to the two teams

Anvesh
September 29, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Will this jb work for my ipod touch 3g 4.1 ios software?I need to know.Can anyone please answer this question

Clint
October 2, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Jailbreak 4.1 very soon

aaron
October 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I used limerain and jailbroke my 3gs without any trouble I was on 4.1 original firmware

Luke