Home » » Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Tool Release Imminent

Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Tool Release Imminent

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 | 7:25 AM

Jailbreak iOS 4.1Many iPhone and iPod touch users are desperately waiting to jailbreak iOS 4.1. No jailbreak tool has been released yet, but an iPhone hacker, pod2g has found a new exploit in the new iOS 4.1 firmware which will allow users to jailbreak iOS 4.1.

The following tweet by pod2g confirms his new exploit: "iPhone 4G iBSS 4.0.1: iv=91f94e5d726a2d2f2c7ffad58d4f3b77 key=d05c3c40db40e738926f811b8b1314038d26096c4102461698a49098c47a3fe6".

Stay tuned, I'll make a post as soon as an iOS 4.1 jailbreak is released. Until then remember not to update to iOS 4.1 because it's a trap. If you want to still update to iOS 4.1 without jailbreaking you can go to my iOS 4.1 download links post to download it.

Nick
September 8, 2010 at 7:26 AM

And what is the point of this?

September 8, 2010 at 7:30 AM

yey

Chris
September 8, 2010 at 7:33 AM

What exactly does the "iv" an "key" mean? What's their significance in the exploit? I just would like to understand jailbreaking a little deeper. :)

GH
September 8, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I Updated last week to IOS 4.1
Jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 using OS 4.0
After jailbreak... Cydia installed... But Phone app dissapears...
Next... Install Phone app by SSH... and voilá!!!

zicka
September 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Can't wait, I really hate 4.0.2, I forgot to save SHSH blobs and my iPod got fucked up.

Avioman
September 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM

With iPhone 3, 3GS or iPhone4?

V.JonesV.Jones
September 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Very Cool! I just brought a brand new iPod Touch (4Gen). I'm gonna just hold on to it until a Jailbreak Software comes out.

Justin
September 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Look in the text, it says "iPhone 4G".

GH
September 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM

The Jailbreak was done on an Iphone 3G

Maz
September 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I have a brand new iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.2. Can I upgrade and wait for the jailbreak? or is the jailbreak coming out for iOS 4.0.2?

dub
September 8, 2010 at 11:27 AM

possible to downgrade to 4.0.1 on iphone4 without shsh blobs?

oli
September 8, 2010 at 11:42 AM

thanks for keeping us updated! this is very good news. :) for now I'll just wait on 4.1 until I can finally jailbreak my nea iPhone 4. :)

iphonedude
September 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM

No Apple won't sign 4.0.1 or anything else except for the latest firmware. If its Had cydia you might be able to use tiny umbrella to get ssh other wise i dont think there is.

Sam
September 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM

true.....i am so disappointed that there is no jailbreak for 4.0.2.....and i also have been w8in for this jailbreak release!

Dubzie86
September 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I thought the exploit was found in the bootrom of 4.0.1 not the 4.1 firmware?

The good thing about a bootrom exploit is that it can't be patched with firmware it requires a change to the hardware. Theoretically this should mean that all iDevices on all future iOS versions should be Jailbreakable until the "iPhone 5" is released.

oli
September 8, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Dub it is impossible. just sit around and wait it shouldbt be too long now for the jailbreak to bw released. the title says it's 'imminent'

Dubro
September 8, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Will this method work on an iphone 4 shipped with ios 4.02 and therefor no ssh blobs saved, if i update to 4.1 ?

Gangsta_Mac
September 9, 2010 at 12:24 AM

great job = ) Was this on the iPhone 4?

John
September 9, 2010 at 4:18 AM

I have an Ipod Touch 3rd gen running on 3.1.2 with jail break, however most Apps I want to download need 3.1.3 update, its been said if i update to 4.0.1 all my app will be deleted... How do I continue to keep my apps running yet still download new ones?

@jesusleandro
September 9, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Hi guys! I really need some help.

I have an iPhone 3GS with 4.0.2, and I'm trying to unlock or jailbreakin (til the day I don't know the difference), and it's been so heavy. I've done EVERYTHING on EVERY forum around the web and still nothing happens... Some people told me I had to wait the release of 4.1 to downgrade my 4.0.2, but I can't find the answer.

Otherwise, I don't hace Cydia on my phone, even Istaller, and I can't find it on any website.

I don't know what to do... I'm really dissapointed!

duffers
September 9, 2010 at 5:09 AM

use Rock/Cydia and download the 3.1.3 firmware spoof, makes itunes think you have 3.1.3 and lets you download apps that require it!

Ben
September 9, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I have a jail broken and unlocked 3G running 4.0.2 and it runs pretty slow. Will 4.1 speed things up and will it be unlockable?

Doc
September 9, 2010 at 6:09 AM

WE WANT JAILBREAK!!!! SAMI IS GOING CRAZY!

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrry up

Hims
September 9, 2010 at 6:40 AM

@ John above
In these instructions I assume that you know what is needed to jailbreak and install pirated apps.
Sync to backup
And use AptBackup via Cydia
Update to iOS4 or 4.0.1 but use a pwned .ipws
Install cydia on new pwned iOS4
Install Aptbackup to restore cydia packages
Sync and your pirated apps will sync
I did this going from 2.2 to 3.1.2 ony iPod touch

@jesusleandro
September 9, 2010 at 7:06 AM

How install Cydia? where can i found it on the web? and How can I transfer and install onteh iphone??

NotReally..
September 9, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Bootrom of 4.0.1 and 4.1 are the same, they're stored in the hardware I believe, which is why Apple can't patch it. So the exploit will still be there, until they start shipping iPhone 4s/iPod Touch 4s/iPads with a new bootrom

JB
September 9, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Ben,

4.1 sped up my 3G immensely.

Woodsidekid
September 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM

The old saying "there's no such thing a a dumb question" couldn't be more wrong. Most of the above questions can be answered in about two minutes by just doing a little research on the web instead of asking the same questions over and over. I am the furthest thing from an expert but come on.

nonya
September 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM

@Jesusleandro..You need to do a lot more reading if you're asking questions like that...If you don't know what jailbreaking is then you shouldnt do it.

Jerm
September 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Jailbreak is a tool used to allow you to install third party applications, primarily Cydia. Unlocking allows you to insert other carrier's sim cards into the phone so your not stuck with AT&T (if your in the U.S.) There is a jailbreak coming for 4.1 but until it comes out you are stuck with 4.0.2. Keeping searching and waiting for it to come out, once it comes out, you'll know! There will be plenty of instructions on how to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak and/or unlock it.

September 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Iphone 4 is so boring without jailbreak :(

Dean Hughes
September 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Yo are right lol

Zin
September 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Will thejailbreak for 4.1 be able to to hacktivate iPhone 3GS? I don't have original sim and need to Activate or hacktivate please help

Mick
September 10, 2010 at 7:05 AM

I looked up "imminent", so I'm a little confused now...

MJ IS ALIVE
September 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM

it will be a tethered jailbreak. not good for me as I travel a lot. :(

tyson
September 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM

just to be sure...upgrading the baseband is only a bad thing if you plan on unlocking correct? in other words could i upgrade to 4.1 now and then jailbreak it when the 4.1 jb is released? i have no plans of ever using my phone on another carrier.

Jazz-DK
September 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM

@Missingrealihone4
Hear Hear,
had my iPhone4 jailbroken at 4.0.1,with a backup from my old 3GS. The backup fucked my mail up and needed to restore the phone. My SHSH was pending via Cydia, didn't know about TinyUmbrilla at the time. Didn't even know that Apple stopes signing firmware 4.0.1. I was sooooo duuum to delete everything from the phone instead of just restore from iTunes, here i would find out that Apple stoped signing 4.0.1.

They cought me, with my pants down!!! So everybody, you need to stay calm, wait and keep reading If you want to stay jailbroken, don't do anything if you are not surre of what Ur doing

Everyone els, stay calm, the Jailbreak for the firmware 4.1 Will be comming out.

mick
September 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM

has there 4.1 jailbreak been realesed and where can we download the files from

Carlos
September 10, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Man I can't stand the wait. I have the 4.1 update but with a 1.59 baseband. And I want to use my iPhone 4 on t mobile. The phone came with 4.2 so I can't go lower. Or can I ? Help !

Budadillos
September 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM

All iphones is boring without jailbreak

September 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM

True lol

can't wait for jailbreak

mick
September 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM

is there a way to just unlock my 3g ver 4.1 ?

Tony
September 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Here's the thing that's bothering me. If jailbreaking/downgrading seems to be impossible for 4.0.2, why can't we just upgrade to 4.1 and wait since that's what seems to be jailbroken at this point?

SlothToe
September 12, 2010 at 2:10 AM

I think imminent in this posts title isn't accurate at this point...not that I mind waiting for something this good.

iTouchHackr
September 12, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Why not use the info:“iPhone 4G iBSS 4.0.1: iv=91f94e5d726a2d2f2c7ffad58d4f3b77 key=d05c3c40db40e738926f811b8b1314038d26096c4102461698a49098c47a3fe6“and plug it into an old jail-breaking program? I can't see why not. Don't jail-breaking program developers use this sort of code to make it? Or do they simply do it the hard way? Either way, the seem to be taking a lot of time to create the program.

DBswans
September 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Anything yet? At least an update would be cool .

Woodsidekid
September 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Sn0wbreeze 2.0 please!!!

Kevin
September 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I had no choice but to upgrade to v4.1. Now my baseband has upgraded... is there any chance for me to jailbreak now? I read around and it seems if the baseband is upgraded, unlocking the iphone will be mere impossible.

mustang
September 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM

no jailbreak won't be impossible. TO correct the post above, the flaw was found in the BOOTROM and NOT the firmware.

This flaw qwill be found in the 4g iphones too.

Even if you update the iphone with a new formware the flaw will still exist regardless what f/w you have.

Etebtewossiff
September 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Goodday

I'm new here and just wanted to drop by with a little "hello" message (sorry if I have posted in the wrong section!)

My name is Courtney, mom to two lovely boys, and a parttime soccer coach!

I'm here to sniff around and gather some information, so please welcome me :O)

Have a great day!

September 13, 2010 at 4:04 AM

Is this ever gonna be released :(

Kanan
September 13, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Please quickly:((((((((((

lauren
September 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM

II feel like im stuck halfway with 4.0.2 ! not sure what the difference is but I hope its a fix for both.

solos29
September 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM

help please about it

Steve
September 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

HDR Imaging man... HDR Imaging. THAT'S the shit I want.

That, and they say that it runs faster on iPhone 3Gs's now.

Those two are why I want to upgrade!!

Superwhy
September 15, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Oops mean to say without loosing my pdanet app

Superwhy
September 15, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Sooo I havnt updated my phone sense beginning of the year when my computer collapsed I hve 3.1.3. I just got a new computer and don't know what or where to update without loading my pdanet app... What to do??

September 15, 2010 at 6:07 AM

What's taking so long they said one week it's been that and a bit more hope they do not wait till 4.2 as that will be 4eva

joelo
September 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM

like hm time this will spend

September 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM

soo i just got an iphone off my friend and its stuck on 4.1!!!!! im trapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not fun at all.. anyone know anything i can do email me at inspectahrs at yahoo dot com. this suc*s

Jonas
September 17, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Get the HDR Pro app for AppStore.
Used it myself, untill I updated to 4.1 using Saurik's guide.

[...] will be available for free once it’s actually ready for release. The greenpois0n software to jailbreak iOS 4.1 is created by the Chronic Dev Team and there is no ETA for it’s release [...]

Thomas
September 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM

download tinyumbrella by searching for it on google.
If on 4.0, connect device, open tinyumbrella and save your ssh blobs. Then jailbreak with Jailbreakme