Home » » Jailbreak iOS 4.1: New iOS 4.1 Jailbreak and Update for iPhone, andiPod touch

Jailbreak iOS 4.1: New iOS 4.1 Jailbreak and Update for iPhone, andiPod touch

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 | 10:59 AM

iOS 4.1 jailbreak

If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, stay tuned to our jailbreak iOS 4.1 post for updates. According to a tweet by iPhone hacker MuscleNerd, comex (another iPhone hacker) will be making an easy to use userland jailbreak if he is able to pull a trifecta. What this means is that we will most likely see an easy to use jailbreak like JailbreakMe 2.0 that will allow iPhone 4.1 and iPod touch 4.1 users to jailbreak right from their mobile devices.

The iOS 4.1 update will officially be released tomorrow, September 8. Remember to check back here before updating. If you want to unlock iOS 4.1 you must avoid directly updating to iOS 4.1 as it may permanently prevent you from software unlocking your iPhone.

Although jailbreaking is legal now, Apple still continues playing the cat and mouse game. If there is no userland jailbreak for iOS 4.1, we can at least count on a redsn0w type of jailbreak which worked on the beta versions of iOS 4.1. If you're a deveoper you can get the iOS 4.1 GM download from the iOS Dev Center.

Dbwrangler
September 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Counting down the hours

Omar
September 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Me too. Please please release a 4.1 jailbreak.

Travis
September 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

What I would like to know is can I download to 4.0.1 on an iphone4 that is currently on 4.0.2 without the shsh files from Cydia as this phone was initailly jailbroke on 4.0.1 but my friend accidently upgraded... So should I update to 4.1 from 4.0.2 and wait for an jailbreak? I downloaded the 4.0.l ipsw and pointed itunes to it but no luck in downgrading. not to mention im technically dumb from the neck up! could use some help.

Juvelover
September 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM

plz I want a jailbreak soon for ios 4.1 I'm stuck on 4.0.2 without a jailbreak but it is unlocked

Budadillos
September 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I need the jb and unlock. My iPhone is on 4.0.2fw.
Please helpppppp

Rizlah
September 7, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Guys geez, stop begging for jailbreaks. As soon as 1 is available you can be sure it will be announced here. Begging won't get one available any quicker surely you all understand that.

Omar
September 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM

It's just to show how we still care and want a jailbreak release. So yeah please.

ChillTheFout
September 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM

begging is tacky

Andrizzy
September 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Already have had 4.1 all day and it's nothing too special just stoked for game cheer to go live. Once you n00bs get your gc tags add me "andrizzy"

Andrizzy
September 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Center not cheer****

Dbwrangler
September 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Not begging just showing excitement so get over yourself

gobabushka
September 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I am als counting down the hours. I can't wait to get all of my jailbroken goodness back! (I put 4.0.2 on my 3GS when i got it.)

[...] you plan to keep your jailbreak after you update to iOS 4.1, check out the iPhone 4.1 Jailbreak update post for the latest. We will be updating the iOS 4.1 jailbreak post once it is released. [...]

Josh
September 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

i've got no problems on 4.0.1, but I can't wait to use the HDR ability and definitely game center, and what ever else will be in 4.1. Can't wait! :D

Eric
September 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Travis: you're pooched with 3gs and 4g iphones running 4.0.2 with no prior shsh blobs. Went through this myself last week. Have to wait for 4.1 jb.

bedsgooner
September 7, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I've successfully downgraded 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 on a 3GS without the saved shsh's, same problem, someone else upgraded to 4.0.2 without thinking! You'll need ipsw files for 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, then Google downgrading without SHSH Blobs, there are a number of Youtube sites that show you how.

James
September 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Hey Guys. We don't need to beg. It won't actually get a JB/UL any faster. The DevTeam et al know that we want one as soon as 4.1 drops. As of 08:44 SAST, the upgrade is not available through iTunes. Will it be 00:00 PST?

What I suggest is that everyone goes to the pub and enjoys a champagne breakfast and wait for the update to come out. That way, when it does, we might be sloshed enough that we realize that it's not really life or death if we upgrade to 4.1 and not have JB/UL straight away. Unfortunately, my unlocked 3GS got killed and now I'm stuck on a locked 3G, so I have to wait. So, I am waiting eagerly, well, patiently, for this thing to drop. Hopefully all our woes will be forgotten and we get back to the "I f*cking love Apple" days ASAP.

So, go have a pint/pitcher/keg of beer and hang in there. Have a iOS 4.1 release party with some mates and just have a good time. Maybe he got so wasted, that you pass out and by the time you have recovered, the JB will be out. So, just chill out and enjoy the day. Don't need to get worked up about it. If I could, I send a case of Jack Daniels off to the devteam et al. They deserve it!

Bring on the beer!!! And iOS 4.1!

You know,

#justsaying :)

Bobalob
September 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM

@Andrizzy predictive text n000b

ACX
September 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

iOS 4.0.2 will NOT get a jailbreak. This is because 4.0.2 is released simply to block a jailbreak exploit. There is no use in fighting back on this one before the release of 4.1 or 4.2 as it will waste another exploit.

Since you cannot downgrade to 4.0.1 anymore. There is a great chance that we will get 4.1 jailbreak. You can assume that it is a safe update.

Greg
September 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Well said James, just wait patiently and hope we'll f*cking enjoy that so waited 4.1 !

jr
September 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM

some people are just morons for begging like you have to be retarded to not understand when they say stay away from an update and you;se go ahead and do it anyways,like this isnt something new we are almost at 4.1 and jailbreaking comes way back since iphone 2g,and they clearly stated ever since to follow directions DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, but no you wanna beg beg and beg,grow up and learn something new and that something is LISTENING...

Ben
September 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Wow! You really got me! Hahaha, LOL!
But you're really right! I have to wait also... Cheers mate!

Andrizzy
September 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM

@bobalob.... I know right

Thomas J
September 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Not begging, but...

omgplzjbios4.1asapimdesperate!

Kiran
September 8, 2010 at 2:20 AM

..its 8 already here in Pakistan and Kuwait..havent got any news for the jailbreak for 4.0.2 yet..

Dagon
September 8, 2010 at 2:40 AM

"next jb might not com from me :D"

on twitter from Comex...

Teazah
September 8, 2010 at 3:24 AM

@Andrizzy & @bobalob; you guys need a moment alone?

Jeffrey
September 8, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Hi James,
I have accidentally updated my new 3gs iphone firmware from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 on itunes, before I realize too late that I cannot unlock my 3gs iphone. Worse of all, being a dummy and new to iphone, I also did not know anything about saving the SHSH files.

So can you confirm that you had a similar situation and were able to downgrade your iphone iOS from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1. I believe I need to do this too before I can unlock my new 3gs iphone. Yes, I'm very illiterate with iphone.

As we speak, I'm flying to Shanghai in 2 hrs time, and I really would like to unlock my 3gs iphone so I can use my iphone in China for the next 3 weeks without to pay atrocious roaming charges! I'm hoping I can downgrade from 4.02 to 4.01 and subsequently unlock via my laptop while I'm in the hotel in Shanghai. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Jeffrey

Genesi
September 8, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Im already downloading from itunes ios4.1 i cant wait for the jailbreak

Johan
September 8, 2010 at 5:09 AM

come on guys, please release the JB, please, please please

[...] iOS 4.1 jailbreak post will be updated once an official jailbreak is released for the new iOS 4.1 update. For those [...]

Dimitris
September 8, 2010 at 6:49 AM

i'm downloading 4.1 from itunes..my iphone 4 has never see jb because i took it with 4.0.2 allready in..i can't enjoy it without jb..it is half device..

September 8, 2010 at 7:25 AM

[...] iPhone and iPod touch users are desperately waiting to jailbreak iOS 4.1. No jailbreak tool has been released yet, but an iPhone hacker, pod2g has found a new exploit in [...]

Pathfyndr
September 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM

oh shiz nit, did i updated to 4.1 when i was not suppose to, just bought it and had 4.0.2 without being able to jb it, when is JB for 4.1 out?

Mario C.
September 8, 2010 at 8:55 AM

before upgrading your 4.0.2 me sure you backup your shsh blobs onto cydia which will allow you to downgrade if you upgrade to 4.1, download tiny umbrella to backup you blobs !

Andrizzy
September 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Add me on game center!!!!! Andrizzy

Matt
September 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM

How do u backup ur shsh blobs to Cydia on an unbroken 4.0.2?

DEV_inately
September 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

@Matt: Use TinyUmbrella to back up your shsh blobs. But it doesn't make sense to back up your 4.0.2 blobs now :-) And there's no way downgrading to 4.0.1. So you just have to wait and trink coffee till jb for 4.0.2 is being released...

Kurtis
September 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM

@matt, you don't.

carlochiefsg
September 8, 2010 at 5:51 PM

there will not be any JB for 4.0.2. Just wait for 4.1 JB. stay tune

carlochiefsg
September 8, 2010 at 5:53 PM

you don't need to jb in order to save your shsh blobs...read TinyUmbrella's blog

j
September 8, 2010 at 6:39 PM

It's not like they're purposely holding it back from anyone. This shit is difficult.

j
September 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Just download Tiny Umbrella and use it to save your SHSH. Google if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Phillip
September 9, 2010 at 4:42 AM

Hey. I got my iphone 4 with version 4.0.2 and already upgraded it to ios 4.1... Am i screwed? :/

cj
September 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM

dude havent u heard that update 4.0.2 was made to break jailbreaks, there going to jailbreak 4.1 update so wait a week or month

greenleaf5149
September 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM

So, the best way is waiting for the JB 4.1 being released. Don't try to mess with it, right. Thanks

September 10, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Any news on release for the jailbreak for iphone 4 4.0.2 or 4.1? Please keep us updated

September 10, 2010 at 5:15 AM

I can't wait for this 4.1 jailbreak!

Tigranne
September 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I just got an iphone from a friend. She upgraded to 4.0.1 before selling it to me. Is there no way to jailbreak and unlock this phone? Kinda out the money otherwise. Won't work with my T-mobile...

iHail
September 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM

yea 4.0.2 can be jailbroken I have my iPhone that way since they released it

iHail
September 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM

My iPhone is 4.0.2 and it is jb and unlocked

iHail
September 11, 2010 at 8:12 AM

4.0.2 i jb u all just dont know how to do it :P

iHail
September 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM

i would be working on it but i dont have my other phone on me so that I can call people

Tigranne
September 11, 2010 at 3:44 PM

never mind.... did it.

nj
September 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Yep you're right, I did it with redsnow.
Just trying to figure 4.1, i can jail break it and use Cyder to install repo and unlock it. BUT, the cydia icon turns white, and phone icon dissapears, or internet is messy.
I jaolbroke it 5-6 times today with different results.

sw
September 13, 2010 at 7:23 AM

is the 4.1 jailbreak comfirmed for ipod touch 3g yet?

[...] you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, stay tuned. We will post more details about the SHAtter jailbreak as we get them. Feel free to [...]

Leon
September 13, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Hey dev team I was wondering if u can send me emails to when this userland jailbreak will be available
Ps. I have a iPod 2g mc model version 4.0.2 and I was wonder if u can make a jailbreak able to break through the mc model and version 4.1
I really appreciate it
Sincerely, Leon

Deep
September 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I have jailbreak for 4.1 but is beta-test version same like redsnow. Now I'm testing in 3G iPhone. Maybe for cuple days will be final. I don't have a time.

Chris
September 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Will there be a easy way like jailbreakme iOS 4.1

Gr3ggy
September 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i am in the same boat phillip and yes we are screwed =[ only chance of a jailbreak is waiting for 4.1 to be released

[...] you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, you will need to wait as no jailbreak for it has been released yet. The greenpois0n website was [...]

hardy
September 18, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Lambch0p
September 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I have the Iphone 3G with the 3.1.2 firmware on it. I need to know how to update it to 4.0.1 with windows. thanks!!!

Harry
September 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM

hi
i have iphone wid update os4.1 but i want degrade it for os4.0.1
it can happen or not

dsmdriver
September 20, 2010 at 3:57 AM

@harry yes if u have shsh blobs saved on saurik's server there's instructions all over the web, so search....

Walter
September 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

How do you get the 4.1 for jailbreak
can you tell me how to jailbreak

calvin
September 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM

@hardy - thats kinda the point of this isnt it lol.

@lambch0p - use itunes to update lol

@walter - If you have anything pre iPhone 4, you can use Snowbreeze. Google is your friend guys.

[...] greenpois0n release date is anticipated by many iPhone and iPod touch users who want to jailbreak iOS 4.1. I know many of you here have been eagerly waiting for it to be released, and have been upset by [...]

Harris
September 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM

@iphoneMaster323 I had a jailbroken 3gs and I lost it, but I had my shsh blobs saved on suriks server..so I went out and bout a iphone 4..Im just wondering since I have the shsh blobs saved even know its an iphone 4 will I be able to downgrade then jailbreak my new Iphone 4?

Ghous
October 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM

HI!
I have Apple Iphone 3gs upgraded on 4.1, and its not recognize sim, what I do.

nookleer
October 8, 2010 at 3:57 AM

Oh come on now. Sometimes people ask things that make no sense. If an shsh blob could be used from one phone to another, we wouldn't even need to send them. They'd be universal.

No.. SHSH blobs are specific to the DEVICE ITSELF. If you've switched to another phone your previous blobs are useless.