Home » » iOS 4.1 Jailbreak: iOS 4.1 Update is a TRAP, Stay Away For Now

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak: iOS 4.1 Update is a TRAP, Stay Away For Now

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 | 5:18 AM

iOS 4.1 jailbreakIf you want the iOS 4.1 jailbreak, stay far away from the iOS 4.1 update for now as it may compromise your iPhone or iPod touch jailbreak permanently. Most of you already know the drill, so help out those who don't and click here to tweet this also share/like on Facebook so people are aware of this.

The iOS 4.1 jailbreak post will be updated once an official jailbreak is released for the new iOS 4.1 update. For those that don't care about jailbreak, they can see my iOS 4.1 download links post for downloading and updating.

omar
September 8, 2010 at 5:23 AM

dammit! come on! what the hell! son of a bitch! ok ill be waiting to update to 4.1.

Turkish fella
September 8, 2010 at 5:27 AM

I've already updated to 4.0.2 and there is no jaikbreak for that version also. I did this by mistake. So why not go on upgrading to 4.1 since i can't unlock my phone under these circumstances anyway.

Dean Hughes
September 8, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Had 4.1 for while, being a developer and I had 4.0.2 so I thought what the hell may as well.. Doesn't really change that much but it does seem to run smoother than 4.0.x

September 8, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Damn you apple. It's LEGAL!!!

Omar
September 8, 2010 at 5:43 AM

So when I bought my iPhone 4 it was already undated to 4.0.2. I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and update to 4.1 or wait. Any suggestions? I miss my jailbroken iPhone 3G.

Kweku
September 8, 2010 at 6:02 AM

The iPhone 3g and the 2nd generation mc model have really no benefits to updating anymore, they're almost obsolete 1) multitasking now no game center. So if i were you, either upgrade if your a apple purist or stay jailbroken and get free stuff, or update if you really dont care

Kweku
September 8, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Never mind, i just checked and game center is allowed on the iPod Touch 2nd generation but not iPhone 3g so what i said before still applies to you

Mar
September 8, 2010 at 6:10 AM

So when is the jailbreak going to be out? I've been waiting for sooo longg.

Mo
September 8, 2010 at 6:10 AM

If 4.0.2 patched my jailbreak, can I update to 4.1 and wait for that jailbreak?

Justin
September 8, 2010 at 6:15 AM

I would update to 4.1 if you already have 4.0.2. The proximity sensor has been made much better I've heard. I'm still on 4.0, but I don't talk that much, so I'm not as affected as other people. And I LOVE BiteSMS!! WAAY better than the default messaging app!

Tripaphonic
September 8, 2010 at 6:27 AM

F&*K you Apple!!! Even the feds say it's OK to jailbreak! Come on! Now I have to wait for the 4.1 JB so I can actually enjoy my phone again. /sigh

JHOOPS2
September 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM

I'm with a few of these guys. My buddy dropped my 3gs into a pond, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the iphone4.. It came with 4.0.2 already loaded up. Would it be a bad thing for me to go ahead an install FW 4.1 since I am not JB at the moment?

-J

inor
September 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM

because it will upgrade your baseband and you may never be able to unlock but maybe you don't care about that. supposedly tinyumbrella can allow you to upgrade to 4.1 without a baseband upgrade but i've not done it myself yet.

Tom
September 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Hahahaha, well.... I jailbroke my phone after updating to 4.1. I lost my phone icon, and all functions to do with phone lol.

I find it kinda of funny how they did it, I was like WTF?

tyrone
September 8, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Same here! No phone icon! lol

petopeto
September 9, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Meh, some ppl are stupid enough to believe this hoax,pathetic.

arkobalear
September 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Hi, the same action, the same problem....i've become crazy downgrading and upgrading again without JB. I've been read you can install cydia phone app to recovery the icon phone but i don't try it....bye

K-Eazy
September 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Same here. My 3G's bricked because I updated right away. Sim card won't work.

John
September 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Its says not to update ipod touch to ios 4.1 why? no need to unlock an ipod. and what about the 4th gen touch, it comes with ios 4.1

Beanerism
September 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM

iuve updated to 4.1 and hav the jailbreak but i wanna take it off cus it doesn't allow me to use cydia or the internet anymore

kuba
September 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM

o f*** i updated my iTouch 2g to iOS 4.1 and i cant downgrade :(
I havent got shsh blobs. Can anyone help me? my mail is kuba565@gmail.com

kh4in3
September 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Once you jailbroke 4.1 FW is there a way to reset your iphone to the original firmware?

Lamar Stand
September 10, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Well your wrong inor. the Ultrasn0w carrier unlock can unlock the new basbeband on 4.0.2 but not on 4.1. all you need is the program called redsn0w and then your jailbroken again

Jimmy
September 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I also lost the phone icon. I restored my settings to the default factory settings under DFU mode (recover mode). Power off completely you hard drive (Power + Home buttons together for 10-15 sec)

Then, power on your iPhone (pressing the Home button + Power button at the same time for 10-15 seconds) after opening iTunes. It'll find your phone in a recovery mode and then restore it to its factory settings.

It's the only solution or you'll need to downgrade it which is way more complicated.

alex
September 11, 2010 at 9:03 AM

from 4.0.2 you can still downgrade to 4.0.1, but in 4.1 they may have patched so that it is impossible to downgrade again. but they already cracked 4.1, so that doesnt matter anymore either. We just have to wait for it to become publicly availible

Kosame
September 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Well, you're wrong. I believe that iPhone 4's 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 run on baseband 01.59.00 which is supported by Ultrasn0w. Sure..if you update it to 4.1 you might be able to jailbreak, but if the baseband updates as well, you'll probably be doomed. They're probably gonna jailbreak the 4.1 firmware and find a way to update to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband. So stay away from updating if you need an unlock. It's not 4.1 has anything good to offer. I think it's supposed to display the signal bars more accurately and theres absolutely no point in getting that if you're already unable to make calls.

Charlene
September 12, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I also lost the phone icon, after I updated to ios 4.1. I jailbroke my phone, but then, i couldnt get on the internet, couldnt make calls. So I had to restore my settings under DFU mode. And now I'm screwed, because i cant downgrade my phone. And i cant jailbreak either.

Ann
September 12, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Ok I had to restore my iPhone 3G because of a cydia app that made my iPhone bug.. And I NEED to unlock it because I have an AT&T iPhone and I'm with Virgin Mobile.. I downgraded it, the only thing is that I CAN'T exit recovery mode ? How can I do that? Please need some help :(

fiz
September 13, 2010 at 4:27 AM

f*** it! i dont read all this articles before the update... i updated my iphone 3g to 4.1 and i can't downgrade... need shsh files please reply on falcon@equas.pl
OMG

kaka
September 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Being legal does not mean they have to support it.

SoA
September 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Ann, tiny umbrella has a button to kick your phone out of recovery mode. Google it!

jorge
September 15, 2010 at 7:06 AM

You have to download the RecBoot app so you can exit recovery mode

James
September 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM

i accidentaly updated my ipod touch 2G to 4.1. yea it does run smoother than 4.0.x but...I CANT FUCKING STAND NOT HAVING CYDIA. IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN PUT INTO A FUCKING PRISON!!!!

Omer
September 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Hey James, if you have a 2g ipod touch non MC model, then you can jailbreak on any firmware including 4.1.

September 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Damn, I updated to 4.1 on my iPhone 4. Am I permanently screwed?

Jeff
October 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM

My 4g came pre loaded with 4.1. Guess I'm screwed...