Home » » Greenpois0n Update: iPhone iOS 4.1 Jailbreak - Software Update,Greenpois0n Release

Written By Hans Berger on Saturday, September 25, 2010 | 11:04 AM

greenpois0n jailbreak
The greenpois0n iPhone iOS 4.1 jailbreak is still not out yet. Many users are demanding updates on the greenpois0n software. While the Chronic Dev Team, the makers of greenpois0n haven't announced any ETA, a Twitter user Veence tweeted saying that the Chronic Dev Team won't wait until the iOS 4.2 release to release greenpois0n, and greenpois0n will be released for iOS 4.1 soon.

iOS 4.2 is due to be released in November, so you can expect greenpois0n to be released before then. In the mean time iPhone and iPod touch users are advised to avoid fake greenpois0n websites claiming to have the greenpois0n download. You can follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for instant updates.

If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, please do not keep asking the creators of greenpois0n software for updates as it's difficult for them to give any estimate on how long it will take to release greenpois0n. Let the greenpois0n creators be productive and finish their work. The greenpois0n download will eventually be available soon.

Kaos2269
September 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

If it's not out before my trip to Vegas tomarrow I am going to have to pee on a hooker just to take out my rage.... and no one wants to clean up after that.... Just saying... Please guys don't make me pee on a hooker.

Matt
September 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

You know, they always do this. I should have never upgraded. So stupid of me, Noe I can't do didly squat.

Tech0logy
September 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Will it update ultrasn0w??

September 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

If you pee on a hooker, the world gets a step better. Anywho, the greenpoison won't be released by tomorrow. I'm almost 5,000% sure of that. They will most likely release it the first week of November. If people would just be patient, they could work harder rather than updating people on their progress.

September 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Such a pointless "update" how many of these "updates" are going to post that just say "It's still not out"? ..... OH, hang on, some news just in, greenpois0n still isn't out, better get on and post that! ... wait a minute, it's still now out, time for another update!

Do us all a favour and just tell us when you have something of substance to report. All these false update posts I'm thinking of just ignoring this site totally! Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

skooter
September 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM

i have iPhone 3GS factory unlock no problem with the unlocked only jailbreak i'm wating for it's gettin' closer thanks for the news update quickpwn \m/

nonya
September 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM

"The greenpois0n download will eventually be available soon." that's the last line...You're kidding me right? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Don't write about this anymore cause it's regurgitation. Seriously.

Civil101
September 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

People need to relax when it comes it comes (jailbreak) the iPhone 4 is the sh1t and has so many cool features and that should be just fine for the mean time so relax and when it comes it will be great.
Also if you want to complain make a jailbreak your self or can't you because I can't and want the people that can continue to do there thing so if you can't the RELAX

nikolaih
September 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Jailbreak is half the iPhone!

pyr0
September 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM

They keep saying 'SOON' but how soon is 'SOON' ? It's been weeks.

Ycdocs120
September 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I'll find an exploit, name it, then keep it a secret so other smart people can't help me hack it, then I'll say it's too technical for anyone to understand meanwhile a member of my bromance team jumps ship and I'll keep you updated as to when my fake ass hack isn't coming out....

Ycdocs120
September 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Stay tuned for NO info!

Jt
September 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Simply waiting. Purchased the iPhone 4 and it came with 4.0.2. The sim change prevents me from using my 3 until the jb.

Chris Studley
September 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Better idea for Kaos2269- why don't you pee on lufferov instead- maybe it'll help his pissy attitude.
As far as the iPhone having so many features??? Like what? My 3GS had everything this does- besides the led light and two cameras. Other than that I ain't impressed. What else are you referring to? I'm happy to wait for the jailbreak- but I think the phone sucks without it, after having my 3GS jb'd basically for as long as I've owned it- it's hard to go without.

Denden
September 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I ALWAYS appreciate the hard work these guys perform. But..I wonder why the wait? My BIGGEST concern, is the fact its a "boot rom" exploit, which leads me to believe it will be "tethered"..... Bummer!!!

SteeZy
September 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Here's a thought bookmark greenpois0n.com and quit crying about when its going to be ready its gonna go live there first..If you were about to stick it to apple permanantly would you wanna give them updates about how you were doing it....

Kato3000
September 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

And I'm still doubting it's existence. I think apple has finally 1 - upped the developers .. Never seen a jailbreak take this long

Ballah8o8
September 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

To you ppl who are hating on this update fuck off!! The only reason their is a update on the status of the jailbreak is ppl keep asking for a dam update. So just sit back and wait for the real thing because its them whos doing the dirty work for us ppl who dont know jack about the ins and outs of jailbreaking!!!

Kato3000
September 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

And idk about that guy up there but I need my quick text .. MyWi.. My3G.. sbsettings.. And a whole other slew of things that makes the iPhone better than any phone ... But certaintly not when it's not jailbroken

September 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Will be available for download when you upgrade your iPhone4 to iPhone4S?

Afflicted
September 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM

@Chris Studley

Are you high? The iPhone 4 has way more features then the 3GS. A4 processor, high res-screen, 6 axis gyroscope (makes games way better) high res camera. Plus, it's the iPhone 4. Since you already said front and rear facing camera and the led light I guess I won't add that.

Everyone is waiting on the jailbreak no one "needs" it we just want it. I will wait for them to release and the false "updates" are giving me hope that there still working on it, there taking time out of there day to let you know they haven't forgot about us, everyone should stop asking when it's going to be released and just be thankful for people that do release the jailbreaks. If you can't live without it then you shouldn't be reading this you should be finding the exploits yourself.

xiaoa
September 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

oh,god~~troublesome!
jailbreak 4.1 right now!
i have waited for a long time,
it is expected ,and i can use my iphone more freely~~
i don't purchase the costly apps from apple~ and now
like the latest app called frash which can make my iphone runs flash, than combining some ANEESOFT iphone Auxiliary tools, i can enjoy movies on my movie world~~ha

lsu4life
September 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM

everything will work out cryn wont help man up you fags

September 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM

@Chris Studley

Sick bastard. Why don't you pay the hooker to pee on you and your iPhone. Who knows, you might get your phone jailbroken that way.

HSVGTS
September 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

WHAT THE Fu%$, You say stay clear of greenpois0n fakes, but you have an add banner for a greenpois0n fake on your web site. Who is the fake?

Vicente Nario
September 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Sn0wbreeze for iOS 4.1 is out now.
Post from mi iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 JB+unlock.

Matt
September 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Stop demanding something that is free! When its ready they will release! If you guys can do it better and faster why don't you?? Let these guys do their job. They are humans to with family and a life to live :-) They are helping all you whiners to get the best out of your Iphone and all you do in return is moan about how long it takes and that there are no status updates. The warnings were everywhere not to update or buy an Iphone with 4.0.2 or 4.1!!! One day they will just do it for themselves and their closest friends if you don't stop demanding....and then????!!!!

Efrain Coronel
September 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Wau!!!
I think I speak for everyone when I say.......
Pointless updates!!!
Why do they keep putting updates saying it's not released yet?!?!?! It's annoying!!!!

a
September 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM

To be released "soon" is laughable. The next update isn't until November and we're still in the month of September. So "soon" most likely means 4 or 5 weeks. Everyone, don't hold your breath. I kept reading about a "soon" to be released JB for iPhone 4 about five weeks ago. Meh....

skooter
September 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM

i agree with you Matt this loser's always demanding assholes...

Kniels
September 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I'm a developer and have done some insane things. I don't know half of what they do when it comes to jailbreaking and unlocking. These guys work their a$$es off for what? For a bunch of dude bro apple would be fan boy tools to complain and tell then they need to hurry. You all need to shut up, let them do their thing, donate some money to them to maybe help then hurry it along. If you don't want to offer donations or even just some pat-on-the-back support then shut up. What are we coming to these days. People don't value work, they want everything given to them on a platter. If they aren't doing it fast enough for all of you then do it yourself. Work a regular job, then work on this full time while you should or could be spending time with your families and see how happy that makes you husband/wife/and kids. These guys rock. They work hard to put out a program that won't break your phone and is reversible. They also need to make it easy enough for all you douche-bags to use with the click of a button. Grow up, do it yourself if you won't wait, and if you can't do it yourself then just support them. Enough said. I just hate impatient uneducated tools. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CHRONIC DEV TEAM!!!!!!

September 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Real hackers are nice people. They could have made tons of money for doing this, but they've choose NOT to. Please stop demanding by shutting the F up. You can always borrow the greenpois0n tool and exploit your own shit. This requires your dumb ass to analyze security holes. Like you know what you are looking at?

Zack
September 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Amen u tell en kniels!

skooter
September 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Amen. Well said dude \m/

Demon
September 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Well if they wanna stick it to apple then they need to make mytunes and mirror firmwares like the psp hack so no update can fuck up the cause you have to break away from the host we most be able to activate update and restore without iTunes it's the only way

Sh4dy
September 25, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Where do I donate? True never had to wait this long. They made it sound like this was halfway done already, saying they had the exploit and that it worked. I got all excited. I don't know how to use this phone without a jailbreak. I find myself swiping the status bar out of habit, and of course nothing happens. Then I got excited again when I just googled it and this so called "update" popped up. Thanks 4 nuttin.

ecoll39638
September 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Really, do I need to be reminded everyday that greenpoisen will be released soon? Just let me know when it is available.

Ballah8o8
September 25, 2010 at 2:53 PM

@ A and efrain coronel

Both of you are ungrateful idiots and i hope you brick your iphone when the jailbreak comes out like everyone said this stuff is free and all you guys do is bitch and wine about how long its taking be thankful dev team even exists!!!!

Jonyjon
September 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Bacon

Hacteck
September 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Stay tuned. Coming soon... Another no new info update, with a lot of maybes, sometime and in progress.

iWantItNow
September 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Everyone has valid points, what I don't get is that they supposedly had 4.1 jailbroken the very next day so I don't get what all the waiting and crappy updates about it not being ready. I know there are bugs to be worked out but I mean cmon, there should be some kind of ETA by now especially since the team had it jailbroken the following day of the 4.1 release, just doesn't make sense. Not saying they aren't working hard or anything but give some kind of clue as to an ETA that's all. We all love the dev teams for their brains and work but throw us a REAL bone pretty please....thanks again fellas.

roger wilco
September 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

i had a iphone 4 on 4.01 but i had to return it cause it was defective so the replacement phone they gave me is on 4.02 so ive been assed out ever since cause im on tmobile! even had to change my data package back to regular cause why imma pay the $35 dollars when i dont even have my iphone..

tyson
September 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM

"The greenpois0n iPhone iOS 4.1 jailbreak is still not out yet."

Then we probably don't really need an update do we?

lordzed
September 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM

lol... another waste of time...

Ivean
September 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Matt
September 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I think everyone should just shut up. If you didn't upgrade to 4.1, like they TOLD you to. Then there wouldn't any problems on getting on their balls about this. Just chill the effffss out.

Think
September 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Why dont you think before commenting.

some of us have iPt4 and want a jailbreak matt.

Chris Studley
September 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM

A4 processor BFD, High Res Screen BFD, 2 Camera's and LED sorry but BFD, the iPhone is only as popular as it is because of these guys, apple should be supporting them!! For real, 70 % of all iPhone owners, buy it just so they can jailbreak it. Everyone wants to be a hacker- these guys are modern day heroes to many. I miss my my-wi, and my SB settings.

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I like my iPhone 4, think it's more appealing to look at and hold, but the extra features are just stuff I don't use, it really doesn't seem that much faster to me. Maybe if you went from a 3G to an iPhone 4 is seems like the second coming of Christ to you, but it's just not that big of a difference to me. My 3GS is still sitting in the box, still jailbroken and waiting to be gifted to my 11 year old, but not until I get my iPhone 4 set up the same way I had the 3GS.

To the Dev's: I know you don't need me to tell you this but- nice work, and we appreciate you, don't listen to these dicks giving you crap.

Chris Studley
September 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Oh yeah...... @07FJR

Chris Studley
September 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hey Matt- I didn't upgrade to 4.1, the iPhone 4 was shipped with 4.0.2, so it's been unbreakable since I bought it. Just patiently waiting.....

richard allison
September 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM

i used snowbreeze and built a custon 4.1 ipsw and upgraded my 3g to 4.1 and im unlocked and jail broke on baseband 5.13.04

Charley Bucket7
September 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Isn't the 4.0.2 out now?

jew
September 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM

its all fake!!!!

kris
September 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

i was foolish enough to let itunes upgrade my iphone... but the work that the Chronic Dev Team do means alot to the the people in the I community let them work you know the finished product will be worth it

your_grandma!Wait_i'm_Male!
September 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

More waiting......
Sigh...
I hope the shatter jailbreak is in it. Otherwise Apple might pull a miracle and manage to patch it... : /

Randy12
September 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I think the problem is everywhere you look on the web it says "Greenpois0n Coming Soon" and that has been going on for sometime now, And Matt know what you are talking about before you speak I have (2) bought new with 4.0.2 on them and no they are nothing you can do with them except wait,No disrespect to the team here just think they are alot of teasing going on about the release and that is why people keep asking about it.

Zteg
September 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Hey i think the f***in greenpoison developer deliberate to doing the exploit Very slowly , because they think we are very need that jb tools .
I think they already make the jb tools for their own iphone first . And the last for us . And maybe greenpoison will be out one day before the ios 4.2 update . F**k .
So , we must not wait for greenpoison too much . Because they are not God .
Look there was snowbreeze , etc . So , the other hacker will work for the jailbreak and compete with others to release it earlier as possible . So don't only depends on damn poison .
From the day ios 4.1 out , i only heared "comming soon" , " closing " , it just for hope .

September 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

You know that Apple employs hackers to do penetration tests on every OS before releasing it to the public. The alien team needs to test and test and more tests. No one likes to be defeated, so please wait and don't rush the alien team anymore,

Craig
September 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM

@matt:
A4 processer-BA, retina display-FBA, The two cameras are pretty useful for self portraits from the lady-BA! Even without the jailbreak i think my iphone 4 is way better than my 3GS. Just thought I'd chime in.

Carl C
September 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Yes but not 4.2

September 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I agree with Matt. Since you guys are so internet computer savvy, why don't you get a group together. You can call it RETARDS. In 100 years you'll come up with a jailbreak to use on your outdated phones. SHUTUP and let these brilliant people do the work they love. Remember, they dont have to release anything!

CPAreo
September 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM

What is the one thing that is making them be so slow?

September 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I encourage peering on hookers in Vegas under most circumstances.
Patience is indeed a virtue, and the "hacker" community must be cherished and esteemed for those of us less apt to procure this sophisticated
code to activate our latest gizmo's.
Huge gratitude and thanks to the hard work that goes into each and every new JB released.
Also to Greenpois0n for availing the Chron Dev Team the tools needed to finish the job.
Keep our devices Democratic & De-tethered gentelmen. I salute you!

jeeta
September 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM

ayyyye I can't wait for this to come out so I can start usin my iPhone 4 don't make us wait to long now devteam lls

Evo Lee
September 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Every body should just shut the hell up because the damn jailbreak is free!!! It's not like you bitches pay for anything, if you updated your phone then who's the dumb ass sorry the jailbreak is not here when you want it,
So if you want to cry about run to your mommy and do it don't do it here on this site!!
They are are working on the greenpoison for free it's not like they are getting pay for it?
If they come out with the jailbreak the next day you guy will just bitch about
my face time isn't working or my msm not working just like all the people bitch about jailbreakme.
So set back, hold on, and shut up!!!

Sb
September 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Funny to see the whinig now and then when it's released see the aame people falling on their knees with graditude

Kevin
September 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM

It is hard to believe that the Dev Team are the only ones in the WHOLE WIDE UNIVERSE that can come up with a jailbreak..... If they are, they are electronic GODS...... Anyway, as long as a jailbreak is coming out, I am kool....

todd
September 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM

matt ur such a bi*ch. u talk like u knew how everyone got 4.1. some ppl ar jus anxious to know the release date. unlike others, i jus keep checking blogs to find out. but wen u see a comment like urs and dumbass Dimimak, u would jus like to kick the guy behind them in the fu**ing face.

robert
September 26, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I think a possible ETA wouldn't hurt devs progress with apple, and would ease alot of peoples minds, i understand that they do it for free and out of kindness for us, just a ETA with no promises.

September 26, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Can I JB my Razor?

September 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Just don't take until like mid October guys I'm sorry if I'm rushing you but do your best, it's quality not efficiency there's no due date, just do it right before October ends

September 26, 2010 at 3:29 AM

I just bought my iPhone 4... and well, yeah, it CAME with iOS 4.1 so it's not like I could stop that fact... some of us have devices which are not jailbreakable period from the point at which we purchased them. That is why people want it. I'm not one of them whining for it, I'm just quietly checking each day to see if it's been released or not yet.

Mike
September 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM

nothing new... i was excited a lot for absolute nothingness

bob
September 26, 2010 at 3:59 AM

@Steve.........only Apple iPod Touch and Apple iPhone devices can be jailbroken, not Motorola phones...

By the way, is GreenPois0n and untethered or tethered jailbreak?

Mike
September 26, 2010 at 4:03 AM

right...

Thomas J
September 26, 2010 at 4:08 AM

Of course these freelance programmers don't have to give us anything - what they are doing is giving us a (mostly) selfless gift. I think most of us appreciate that here, we're just highly impatient. Many of us are waiting for the jailbreak and feel that until it's released, we only have half of the device we paid for.

I'm sure the Greenpois0n developers have a perfectly good reason for holding off as long as they have, and we should respect that.

On that note - please hurry guys! I can't wait to see what this phone is capable of with the help of Cydia!

Bored User
September 26, 2010 at 5:05 AM

One more useless post !... Try to bring us something we really need !... Like a link to dwld a REAL JB !.. Don't waste our time.

lcurry12
September 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM

I usually agree that the less people pay for a service, the more they complain. However, we got set up for this one by all the blogs saying "any day now", etc. Anyway, thanks for all the free information, and we hope for an early "surprise release" of the jb for the 3GS.

KirstyCotton
September 26, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Please just post an update that matters. These are pointless. I think the jailbreak should be out long before 4.2 if they are going to jailbreak 4.1 at all because if not they will just end up repeating themselves & will have to find a way to jailbreak 4.2 too *sighs*

Bludrayn
September 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Is this gonna include the ipad 3.2.2 jailbreak as well ?

geckohazard
September 26, 2010 at 6:18 AM

to people complaining about the release being too late, or too close to 4.2: remember that once the jb tool is completed, and since it's a bootrom exploit that can be used over and over again, it will be much faster for the release of the jb for later firmware versions. please be patient for this one and the rest will be a much quicker and smoother process.

Just2bad
September 26, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Just wait!!! When it come out it be out!!!! Da more u wine the longer it take 2 be out!! Sit back n relax!! And thank the dev team for doing this jb.

NuKeR
September 26, 2010 at 7:06 AM

I keep waiting, and while I wait, I'm thanking dev_team for their hard work. I go to sleep hoping that tomorrow I wake up with news. Greetings and thanks from Spain!

September 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM

@Bob. Just kidding about the Razor. What the hell am I doing here if it wasn't for the Apple shit. Anyway it should be untethered otherwise the alien team will have to work even harder. Thanks Green men.

September 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM

iPhone 3G

Matt
September 26, 2010 at 7:47 AM

@Todd shut up too. I bet you're all tough on the internet but in real life, you're just a pussy bitch. email me at maatubangl@aol.com and we'll arrange something douchebag.

Soph
September 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Thanks you guys for all of the previous JB's you've given us. Though it wouldn't look like it from all of the silly children crying - "gimme, gimme, gimme" ... we are all VERY grateful and look forward to downloading your next Jailbreak.

Having an iPhone is only worth it because of you guys.

Thanks and keep it up!

Jared2k
September 26, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I have a question when you guys say its a tethered jailbreak what do you mean? And how is it different from other jailbreaks.

Frankgotthegirl
September 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Why are you all complaining about updates? If you don't like not hearing it's not out yet then don't read the update. Haha. QQ

Simon
September 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM

So be it bro.
They are doing a selfless act towards the jailbreaking community.

We, the jailbreaking community, should just be patient and wait for whatever chronic dev is bringing up to us.

I mean, to be honest, ask yourself if you can JB ur own iDevice and think about how long it will take. Considering that fact, we should be thankful for chronic dev to save us THAT much trouble. It's good if it's 4 months or 6 months.

You get the right to complain if you can develop a JB that takes you less than that!!

September 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

@Jared2k

Tethered JB means if you ever reboot your iPhone it will go into recovery mode; you know the one with a USB cable skin? Untethered is what you want, especially when you are not near by a pc with ITunes running. Get it now?

Jared2k
September 26, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Ok got it thnxs. Just needed someone to clearify that for me. Cause im also an iphone 4 user with 4.0.2 just awaitin for this jailbreak.

Carlos
September 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Yo go Devs!

jker98
September 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Why the total bs updates. Lets not hear anything else about this crap until its released.

September 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM

@Jared2k

One more thing. If you want to upgrade to OS 4.1, you better learn how to use the tinnyumbrella tool. This tool will help upgrading to OS without losing your baseband. Keep the baseband at 1.59. UltrasnOw can only unlock up to this version. Follow the Tinnyumbrella's instructions before Apple screws you from behind. Even if you are with ATT, your 700 bucks phone deserved to be unlocked. Why the fuck am I saying all this? Oh, typing on my IPhone 4, OS 4.1 baseband 1.59. Iam with ATT by the way and my employer pays for the service. The is mine.

September 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hey guys. Pay attention to the green apple's eyes. When they turn red, that's when the alien team is ready to release the JB tool. They are white at the moment.

Foxxel
September 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

So we should see it some time in October?

Anonforgreatjustice
September 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

What I really hate is that they can't give even a rough ETA. Is it really that hard to say, "It should be done in a few weeks, as long as nothing goes wrong?" I don't expect something stupid like an exact date or anything close to one. I realize it'll only be done once it's done, but it wouldn't hurt anyone to know if were going to be waiting days, weeks, or months.

Pr chi
September 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Leave the these awesome ppl alone when this is released you will all know!! They offer their time without asking for money so shut up and just wait..!

Shabba
September 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

My message board persona validates my crumbling beige existence.

Go Dev Team, we're not all cunts - I assure you.

Nandor690
September 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM

If you can't wait for a jailbreak then either make your own or you probably shouldn't be jailbreaking anyway. It's not like I can snap my fingers and poof here is your untethered jailbreak. And even if it is tethered who cares, how many people dont plug their iPhone into their computer to charge anyway. I know I do all the time. So it's no big deal to plug it in and run the jailbreak again. It's not like you have to reinstall all your apps or anything anyway. All the people whining about a tethered jailbreak don't even k ow what it is.

Ycdocs120
September 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Matt's all defensive like he's bromantically involved with the team.....I say get it done NOW or expose the exploit so some real hackers can make it happen! And WTF is up with the euro-trash nicknames????? Afraid to use their real names?

Totoy
September 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

iPhone 4 + Jailbreak = awesome :)

I'm just patiently waiting. October is just around the corner.

slim
September 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM

hi i have iphone4 firmware 4.1 will i be able to jailbreak and unlock with greenpois0n.and also many thanks to dev team for their hard works on jailbreaking.

Justin
September 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

For sure, how can any of us "demand " anything of people that are doing us the courtesy of using their own intelligence to provide us with something, if you don't think you should have to wait for a freebie, then maybe you ought to learn to jailbreak things on your own time

andre89
September 27, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Just get an android. Better than an iphone without the need for hacking.

Gilbert
September 27, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Why snowbreeze 2 is out and jailbreak 4.1 for iPhone 3G , 3GS and iTouch and Dev team was talking a month ago that they already have the jailbreak for 4.1 when Apple release the update .. They told us that they are not realising a jailbreak for 4.0.2 because apple is going to release 4.1 and the dont want apple to patch .... Now they tell us that the jailbreak is forever and that apple cant patchit in a future realease only with a new bootrom ? ....time pass and apple has time to do something new and fixit......Do they realy have the jailbreak ?

Gilbert
September 27, 2010 at 6:35 AM

the other problem will be that you will not be able to download greenpoison because there will be tooooo many people triying to download that the server will shut down :-)

Gilbert
September 27, 2010 at 6:37 AM

I only hope that snowbreeze release a jailbreak for iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

Jared2k
September 27, 2010 at 7:03 AM

@ steve

Ok thnxs for the info. Wasnt sure if i should update to 4.1 yet but now i no i can so thnxs a lot.

LPL
September 27, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for the useless update of what we already know, by the way this isn't an update because something actually has to change for an update to happen. This blog is so useless just like the commenters who blame those with 4.1.. Umm how about some iPhones ALREADY came packaged as 4.02 and 4.1 retards

Nix
September 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM

umad?

Ivan 18
September 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I have iphone 4 that is currently on 4.0.2 it came like that. Should i jus update to the new firmaware or this new greenpoison will jailbreak and unlock my iphone?? need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM

4.02 is useless. Dumb ass

September 27, 2010 at 12:12 PM

4.1 only

September 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM

@ evan18

Use tinnyumbrella to upgrade to OS 4.1 without upgrading the baseband. Keep your baseband at 1.59 for ultrasn0w to unlock. Like I said, OS 4.02 is useless

tanga
September 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM

LPL stupid latest firmware is 4.1 stupid ass then update your stupid iphone

September 27, 2010 at 1:01 PM

You can't JB your shity 4.0.2 OS, but there will be a tool that only works on OS 4.1. OS 4.1 supposed to fix the proximity issue and adds the game shit from Apple. Just hold on to baseband 1.59. Now what would you rather do dumb ass?

September 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Keep the tool. Thanks for your hard work anyway.

zholy
September 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM

pls wait November for new update ios 4.2, now before 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 successfully update through properly save shsh blob file etc folder and phone totally worked 3.1.2 version iphone 3g or any……….those iphone update ios 4.1 …..pls back 3.1.2 whithout any tension………..Prabhakar "Aneesoft blog" have more news.........

RudySingapore
September 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I appreciate the efforts made by ALL masters for ALL their jB softwares.I hv no issue abt waiting for them to release it.Geohot,Comex,Dev-team,Saurik and anyone i missed,THANK YOU for making our lives different from other smartphone users!GOd bless ya all.I am just another anxious iphone 3Gs user whose phone was accidentally upgraded to the farking 4.1 fware!Greenpoison im waiting for youuuuuui!!

superman
September 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM

amazing how theres always this dev team saying theyll release a jb but end up releasing nothing, or some insignificant redsnow crap like with limera1n....so annoying and such a aheadache

Randy12
September 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM

You know you should be in the jailbreaking business it seems you know it all, and the name calling I don't think this is the place for that. But who knows you may have drank piss with your breakfast, this board is for people to learn on and to get information on what ever device they have. But since you know it all we should'nt be seeing you on here anymore leave this site to us "Dumb" people.

LPL
September 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

@Tanga I know what the latest firmware is retard, the comment was directed at all the morons who blamed people for updating to 4.1 when it already came prepackaged. Did you forget how to read?? Judging from tour post you can't compose a sentence either stupid ass rofl

Mrsnuck
September 28, 2010 at 3:27 AM

is there any solution to fix wifi problems yet my iphone is not finding any wifi i restored it already, i tried everything i see on the internet and nothing works any update on that.

steve
September 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM

@ Randy 12

Thanks for a breakfast recommendation. Seems like your dumb ass know it all when it comes to drinking piss, so please keep on drinking it. Get a life asshole. We are just having fun while waiting for the JB tool to come out.

steve
September 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM

FAQ::

Q: Is SHAtter the name of the jailbreak?
A: SHAtter is the name of the exploit which will be used in the iOS 4.1 jailbreak

Q: Is Greenpois0n will be the name?
A: Very likely it will be.

Q: What is the compatible devices with the new jailbreak?
A: It will support iPhone 4, iPad , iPod touch 4G, iPhone 3GS new bootrom, about the 3G old bootrom, you have to wait for an updated PwangeTool, as old bootroms don't need SHAtter. They have the 24kpwn exploit.

Q: Will the new Jailbreak be tetherd or untetherd?
A: unkown yet, but almost it will be untetherd

Q: Who is the developer of the new jailbreak tool?
A: the jailbreak is being develped by Chronic-Dev.

Q: ETA (estimate to arrive) date for the new Jailbreak ?
A: This will be within few weeks, it will be released before the arrival of the iOS 4.2 from Apple which expected to come by Novmber.

Q: will ultrasn0w be updated for new basebands when the new jailbreak will be realised?
A: Probably not. as there is no private baseband exploit yet.

Q: The new Jailbreak will be web-based as JailbreakMe?
A: No, the jailbreak will via USB as it is low level bootrom exploit

Can't remember where I got these, but they are NOT coming from me.

steve
September 28, 2010 at 4:11 AM

What version of the OS your phone is running on?

[...] and found that it is capable of being jailbroken with the SHAtter exploit. This means that either Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak or PwnageTool should be able to jailbreak Apple TV once it’s [...]

pubes
September 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM

i updated through itunes to iOS 4.1 and i need to jailbreak and unlock, ive read a few places since not to do this. have i fucked myself?

steve
September 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM

You can still JB, but not unlock buddy. Hopefully the future Ultrasn0w can hook you up.

Griff
September 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Will the greenpois0n exploit allow unlock for iPhone 3GS 4.1?

Jetfire
September 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM

If i was a software manipulator i would definitely have sone idea of how long it might take. Hell they have beeb releasing demos and crap just to tease us. If you dont know anything just stay quiet or release a public beta/ working demos with a ROUGH eta. I am done with jailbreaking as i never really cared since i got IP4 it was a big disappointment. Last iPhonebi will ever have.

On an unrelated note, i thonk somethink weird happened last time i unlocked as after a regular update to 4.1 left my baseband intact. No tiny umbrella was used. Surely mysterious

Harris
September 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I just bought an Iphone 4 and it came with verison 4.1. I can't seem to find a way how to jailbreak it..Is there anyway to jb it?? Jailbreakme won't work?? So there is no way to JB it your telling me??

Grateful
September 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM

For all the LPL's & SUPERMEn out there... what has happened to "appreciation", "thankfulness" & "admiration"??
Guy like you, & there are thousands, act like the world owes you a living & you have some sort of entitlement!! Get a life!!! These guy get paid nothing for what they do for us & should be treated accordingly... like bloody heros!! They give up their life, their families & there free time FOR US!!! And what do guys like LPL & the rest give? Blasphemy & ridicule!! Jesus!!! If I was one of these guys I'd tell you all to get F****d & find your own way.
I paid a thousand bucks for a piece of shit called an "iPhone", without them it would still be a piece of shit! I am quite happy to pay at least half of that to turn it into something half decent. What are LPL & his like prepared to pay... Oh nothing? Because they are entitled & these arsehole developers are holding back their right to freedom (???)
Dev Teams of all creed, you have my (& many other peoples) awe, you are freaking heros & I thank you so much for every effort you put in without asking for anything in return. God bless each & every one of you & thank you sooooo much!!!
PS October is cool, November is cool... next June is cool!! Because whatever you give us is a plus! A bonus!! More than what we paid for!! Errr... by the way... how many of you bought this piece of shit knowing full well there was no jailbreak for it ? ;o))

Grateful
September 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hey Rudy...you da man!! I'm with you all the way!!

Grateful
September 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM

So who owes you a life SUPERMAN? What have you done for the community?

Johnnyg
September 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I agree. I just want to thank all those that are working hard on this jailbreak

Karma
October 1, 2010 at 5:34 AM

AMEN!!!!!!!!! Well put!!!!

shutup....
October 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM

i agree with grateful...who the !@#$ do you think you are?

October 2, 2010 at 12:28 AM

hi everyone ive just been told via the source that its out oday by uk time 10:00pm . WOOP WOOP YEAHHHHHH CANT WAIT

Seanymphusa
October 2, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Thank you! Well put!

Hm
October 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Whoever your source was apparently did not know what they were saying

Dalton Drake
October 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Thanks for the Update Bro

Kopete
October 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I dont see the release dumb ass, stop creating expectations... Let them work in peace

Kadriano
October 3, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Dear All,

thanks and we are waitinh you, i have a problem that the facetime option is not appear at all under general option, or in the call, taking in considration that i already made a restore from the old iphone 3G S, and i made restore factory setting but still can't be displayed, any syupport?

October 3, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Sry..i forgoted the link in the previous reply

here:s the link

October 3, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Here is how you can downgrade ipod touch 3g mc model(The only tested)
from 4.1 to 4.0..made by : ME :d

MErt
October 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

So when we can use our iphone 4 with any simcard? in ios 4.1 :((

lhon
October 3, 2010 at 8:21 AM

@TPL
why are you still here if this blog is useless.you are the one useless here because you are not helping.are you paying quickpwn website for their work?maybe you are only eager to have the 4.1 jailbreak because you updated your iphone to 4.11 LOL.why don't you just jailbreak your iphone on your own.maybe use a hammer..maybe that work.LOLS

Chris
October 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone that's working real hard on the new software jailbreak,

aye
October 4, 2010 at 11:55 AM

again another lie
dev-team and chronic-dev are bullshit.always lying.they always say "jb will release today-tomorrow or maybe in days or weeks btw weeks means days".and they laugh to this. if apple release at&t unlock today their works useless for rest of us.

Taylor
October 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Thank you for making greenpoison jailbreak I can't wait to jailbreak my iPod touch 4g

Pete
October 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Just wanted to say that some people should just be grateful, after all, it's not like you're paying for the work and time that these people do. It's easy to sit on your ass and pour scorn over hard-working people. I for one would like to say thanks to dev-team and chronic-team.

Callum
October 5, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hey just like to say a big thanks to chronic-dev for carrying on despite these haters! Like many before have said u don't HAVE to do anything so to even do it is great news!! Keep going can't wait until release !!!

iPod3G
October 5, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Grateful my ass. You think they spend countless hours just to you happy? You must be on drug.

payfor it
October 6, 2010 at 3:16 AM

stop btttchin.....and donate

Wolgok
October 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Green poison are the best. I hope that the jailbreak will work well.

Animasian
October 8, 2010 at 4:54 AM

According to Chronic Dev Team it will be released 10/10/10 at 10:10:10 AM GMT. So this Sunday be ready.

Halit
October 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM

10/10/2010 10:00 GMT cant wait!

Asad
October 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Please realease the iPhone 3GS 4.1 jailbreak as soon as possible. Please tell me how long its going to take? Would you please hurry up. You are doing great job for people like me.
Asad Abbas shah.

Sam
October 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Steve do you mean after JB my Iphone4 IOS 4.1 , I can not unlock it by Ultrasn0w? ((my baseband 02.10.04))please need help....

drewhite78
October 10, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Hey when will an exploit be brought out for 2g mc models with 4.1 im suffering over here.

John
October 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Does greenpois0n support ipodtouch 2g mc model?????

Jake
November 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM

facetime doesnt work with the 3gs

October 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM

@Sam

Hi you can easily unlock your iphone4 by using remote unlock method. If you need remote unlocking service you can visit this site Prounlocking.com here you can get the service and unlock your iphone4 easily