Home » » Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Download for Windows, Mac, and Linux

Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Download for Windows, Mac, and Linux

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 | 12:06 PM

greenpois0n DownloadThe greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak launch is getting closer. The Chronic Dev Team is working full time on getting the greenpois0n jailbreak completed and out ASAP. If you want to jailbreak your phone or iPod touch, just wait a little more and be patient. The Chronic Dev Team will have it sooner than you think. To those wondering, no this post doesn't have greenpois0n downloads but it was created so that people wouldn't search "greenpois0n download" on Google and end up paying $30 for a sponsored website which appears first in the search results. Beware of any site that charges you for greenpois0n, as it's free and will always be free.

Due to many requests, and people downloading fake torrents and viruses from bogus sites, I've made a greenpois0n download page at http://www.quickpwn.com/greenpois0n-download. This page will have greenpois0n download links for Windows, Mac, and Linux once it's released by the Chronic Dev Team. Of course the official downloads will be available at the official website on greenpois0n.com as well, but their server could be overloaded and I've made the page here as an alternative.

If you want to be notified when the download links to greenpois0n are updated on the greenpois0n download page, just Subscribe to QuickPWN by Email and you'll receive an e-mail notification once greenpois0n download links are up.

Matt
September 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Oh, can't wait! This is the ultimate :D

Jason
September 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

What's the point of jailbreaking 4.1 if 4.2 will be out in a month?

kan
September 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

what the hell, so frustrating!!!

freeware
September 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Great!!!!! Perfect!!!! Let's go!!!!

Ronnie D.
September 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Another awesome update that appears to be a download or a "finished" header but in fact its just nothing...sigh

Sh1sh1n11
September 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

That is great news!!

September 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Awesome, I love waiting! :D

Totoy
September 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Oh yeah! Can't wait to f$#!k Apple!!!

Anthony
September 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Please come on I hate my iPhone

September 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Fuck. Is this a joke? Why are you doing this?

D carlson
September 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Ty Ty Ty

MOTHFOCK
September 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Wow! I got all excited! This header is waayyyyy too fucked up... im sure that was the point tho. Carry on fellas, you got me good.

Generalkhaos
September 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Seriously I was so excited........

Dalton
September 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Gah! Another title that tricked me into thinking this was the release. :(

Stripey
September 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM

All these people that say this is fake and all bullshit. I have a feeling they will be the first ones to get this jailbreak then ull never hear the end of them praising the dev team . Grow up and be mature about things and sit tight arnt you guys happy with the features the iPhone 4 has the jailbreak will make this the ultimate phone so sit tight

Lachlan
September 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Fuck that man thats like false advertising or some shit FML you had me so excited :(

Wanda
September 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Great news, thank you guys!!!!

MOTHFOCK
September 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

SMH! Get Out!

Nigga
September 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I can't wait plz hurry my phone is useless.

Justin
September 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

It's dumb I know! I'm getting an Apple TV too and will use Airplay a lot, so....a 4.2 jailbreak is extremely necessary.

K3fka
September 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

AFAIK, this exploit takes advantage of a vulnerability in the boot rom, so it's a hardware issue and cannot be fixed through firmware upgrades.

netmancer
September 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I love jailbreak, but a warranty replacement left me without the ability to run a jailbroken iphone. So I wait and wait very patiently.

Every time I see the green apple picture in my RSS reader I nearly bust a nut. When I saw "Download for Windows, etc etc" I actually did bust a nut. Now I have to change my pants.

Good job guys, you got me good with that title. Way to waste a perfectly good nut.

sifuveek
September 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM

wtf is up with bs headers? cmon son.. gtfohwtbs!

kyle
September 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

It will be able to jailbreak 4.2 as well because its a hardware exploit not just a software. so we will be forever be able to jailbreak the current devices until they come out with new ones.

September 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Sweet stuff! Can't wait, I'm sure the dev teams are working very hard. Keep up the good work.

atmmayes
September 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Omg I was so excited I was breathing heavily and everything lol. If I knew the link I clicked was gonna take me to quickpwn I wouldve known it was fake.. Oh well back to waiting...

September 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Ugotme dude

Anthony
September 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

derp
September 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM

wow this website is just a joke

iDirtbike
September 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Haha, I got all excited for a second there when I saw this post was on QuickPWN.
But that is a good idea, I'm tired of seeing those fake websites at the top all the time.

I subscribed by email, that should save me from refreshing my browser all the time,
Thanks.

September 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Are you sure Linux understands zip file and not tar dude?

September 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Are you sure Linux understands zip file and not tar dude?

Anthony
September 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Pai
September 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Oh !!! I'm really exciting too. I hope that after they release the jailbreak for 4.1 and can unlock my phone by using cydia.

Jakob
September 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Your titles are jacked up I got so excited an then was sad...

Andre
September 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Wow ithought im gonna die from happines when i saw shatter for windows in title i was like finally its out then my hope was killed =( then again shetter jb is for life so it should work on 4.2 if they didnt lie

Magabury
September 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I enjoy reading the comments where people feel it's necessary to use vulgar language to get an idiotic and pointless statement across.

Grow up kids. You guys saying "This is such bullshit" or "Fuck u for tricking me". They do that so people read it. If you had half a brain, your read the article and not just the header and immediately start looking for the download link.

As for the people who say it's pointless to JB 4.1 cause 4.2 is just around the corner: Go read up about this jailbreak. This will allow ALL future firmware to be jailbroken regardless. Until Apple makes new hardware, any iOS device will be able to be jailbroken. Do your research before you post comments like that.

Now, what I was going to say about this is that it makes me very happy. I, as well as many others can't wait for this jailbreak to be available. I had a jailbroken 3GS but trades it in with Radioshack for an iPhone 4 that wad preloaded with 4.0.2 so I haven't had a jailbreak since then.

lordzed
September 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM

hahaha are u 1 of the clowns? damn this page was so gay.

Evo Lee
September 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Lmao!!! Will there be a unlock?

Jared2k
September 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

OMG I THOUGHT THR JAILBREAK WAS DONE AND I WAS SO HAPPY THEN I FIND OUT ITS NOT!!!! LOL i cant wait for it to come out tho its so close now lol. My iphone 4 will so be jailbroken!!

General Bison
September 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Dude you really need to stop with the misleading titles, I'm getting sick of this blog.

Stephy
September 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Can this jailbreak mc models?

Konstantin
September 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Thank you very much for doing this. This will help a lot ...

P.S.

I know that all jb and unlocks are free and available when they are available. So I decided to test and see what exactly "they" are selling for 30% and so I did.

For 30$ you get instructions on how to downgrade from let's say 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and the unlock using unltrasn0w. Now here is problem and bit one too. I you don't have SHSH saved with Cydia you can't downgrade PERIOD. There is no work around and nothing you can do ... no SHSH saved = no downgrade as simple as that. Anyhow. They giving you instruction with complete disregard on that it's simply impossible to downgrade. And of course nothing you can do. So What I did is after 5 mins of reading instructions I set a clame on PayPal (ALWAYS pay with PsyPsl if you can) and call bank in advance saying no charge for this amount will be accepted by me.

Anyhow for all people who "wanna try" one of this services that say 4.1 Jailbreak and ALL base-band unlock they all .. yes ALL lies lies lies and I only wish some group of hackers can hack this sites steal all money and deposit them to .... whatever I donno where.

Later.

Du Thanh Dat
September 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM

i want jailbreak ios 4.1 for iphone 3gs

Edwinator
September 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Holy testicle Tuesday... Can't wait! Thanks Dev Team & thanks Quickpwn!

Master
September 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

This shit is retarded!!! Any post about it'll be out soon!!! How many more ofthese post must we see before it's out!!!! Fucking teasers man!!

Annu
September 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

@Master
STOP BITCHING!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM

lol...well said...

but Patient is the KEY :P

Vertabraker
September 28, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Haha.. every time I see a Quickpwn tweet referring to the 4.1 jailbreak I get real excited "YES!!! It's hear" then I open up the link, read and, "Awww man :(" Thanks for keeping us posted though. We all really appreciate it.big ups to the CDT. Great work guys.

Ray Fung
September 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM

NOT OUT YET :(

Master
September 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM

@annu quit ur bitching about my bitching!!

From ur master!!

Ty
September 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I am very patiently waiting on the jailbreak....... But u need to change the titles cuz all its doing is making us think it's out now than u read to be patient.................

Avere
September 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM

So I have a 4.0.2 iPhone4 (it came packaged with it) I have not updated to anything so what so you suppose I do? It is not unlocked nor I need it unlocked but I have read that I need to update to 4.1 for tgr upcoming jailbreak anyway?? Someone clarify??

E
September 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I can't believe the disappointment. :(. I thought it was ready. My iPhone 4 is so boring without the JB. Half of the funcionality went down the drain when I had to replace it cos I broke the screen... The new one I got is on 4.1 I'm becoming obsessive with this but it seems that I am not alone.

thebee
September 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

thanks for your consideration for the people who might be scammed by fake sites.

September 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

F U

September 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

@Avere

Upgrade to 4.1 for JB, but keep your current baseband 5.19 for unlocking. Read up on Tinnyumbrella. You will regret if you don't use the Tinnyumbrella to upgrade your iPhone 4 to 4.1. Mine is on 4.1 and the baseband is still 5.19. Good luck.

September 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Corrections. Baseband 1.59

September 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM

@Steve

FU 2. Change your screen name dude

Gav
September 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM

It's a hardware exploit not so apple can't patch with any firmware update.only way to close the exploit is change the botrom

Hank
September 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hey everyone jailbreak is ready and done and here it is and heres proof!

Stop being assholes and asking when the jailbreak will be here you entitled asses. When it's done it'll come out and when you ask what the eta is it cuts into our work so here's a misleading update about that which is going to attract a bunch of comments which we'll waste our time reading.

=

You're attention seeking assholes.

Thanks in advance for doing this though.

Dean Hughes
September 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM

DOWNLOAD
(soon)

xiaoa
September 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Yes, good, the Dev-team, you are heros.
But the key trouble for me is whether i should jailbreak my iphone ? I am very hesitating, as i heared that the Apple will released the new patent product which can recognition the jialbroken user and limited the iphone features , oh ,that is horrible at first , i just cared about the movie features and my Aneesoft iphone video converter , but if the IOS limited the features and i can't watch movies on iphone after Apple publish the new security product , what should i do ?

tyson
September 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Can you promise me something? The next time you title an article "Jailbreak Download for Windows, Mac and Linux"....it has a download for the Jailbreak for Windows, Mac and Linux within the article. Otherwise keep up the great work...fucking retard.

Cesar
September 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Yes. This is gonna be good. I've been wanting to jailbreak the recent iPhone 4 I purchased that already came with iOS 4.1. But now thanks to you guys I know my iPhone won't be lame anymore. Jailbreaking is the best thing about the iPhone. Limitless possibilities.

EminentFate
September 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Omg... some of you people are plain retarded, they are doing this to help people who might otherwise fall prey to scams. And they are not under any obligation to release any of their work! That is why it is free! Just stop complaing and wait! If i was them i would consider not releasing it.... (Think before saying something stupid)

areias82
September 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Everybody talks about jailbreak... But what about the unlock for iphone4 iOS 4.1?

Avere
September 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM

@Steve or anyone else
Thanks for your response, is there a reason why I should keep the baseband the same? What does this do?

KSIEN
September 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM

When the 4.1 greenpois0n jailbreak is released, will we be any closer to a web based 4.1jailbreak? Or are they two completely seperate things?

Sam
September 28, 2010 at 8:31 PM

What a point to jailbreak when I can't unlock my iPhone. I heard that there won't be an unlock version come with it

Jeff P
September 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Thanks for the update! I subscribed so I will get the email when this is ready. No need for me to keep comming here to see if it's ready. It's killing me not having the jailbreak on my new 4 ! Thanks again, HAGD!

Dr dirty
September 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Bull-ony. Vaporware.

September 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

@Avere

As I have mentioned earlier, as of now Ultrasn0w can only unlock iPhone 4 with a baseband version 1.59. If AT&T is not your carrier then you should keep this baseband when upgrading your iPhone 4 to OS 4.1 for Jailbreaking.

ale
September 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I have a 3gs, os 4.1 with a 5.14.02 baseband. Will I be able to use the jailbreak? Will I be able to unlock it after?
Thanks!!!

steve
September 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM

You can still jailbreak it, but Ultrasn0w can only unlock banseband 5.13. Oops!

Letterman
September 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Steve, why are you such a god damn tool?

P1xellat3d
September 29, 2010 at 12:36 AM

The web-based jailbreak for 4.0.1 was made using a PDF exploit. That was patched by 4.0.2.

As far as I know, Greensn0w uses completely different exploit (SHAtter); future web-based jailbreaks don't look very promising until another exploit similar to the PDF one is found.

Uncle Sam
September 29, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Well, at least you can use some usefull apps like Black List, SBSettings, those apps are not available for iDevices in JAIL !... ;o)

iWantItNow
September 29, 2010 at 12:45 AM

They aren't working on an unlock at this time they said they're just focusing on the JB but once it's released I'm sure they'll start working in the new unlock for those who can't use the current version of ultrasn0w

September 29, 2010 at 12:49 AM

The point of a jailbreak is to allow u to get apps unauthorized by Apple. Did u buy the iPhone yet?

Avere
September 29, 2010 at 1:29 AM

I'm looking at the tinnyumvrella guides and a lot of them say do not use if you have 4.0.2 or have never jailbroken the phone before for the shsh files. Like the one at theapplepress.

Furkan
September 29, 2010 at 1:35 AM

When is it done!!!!
But thanx for the update.
It was really helpful....:(

Eric
September 29, 2010 at 1:37 AM

These are two completely different things. JailbreakMe was based on the PDF vulnerability within the iOS. As far as I know, GreenPois0n works on a hardware exploit, so it should be able be unbreakable with new software updates.

PimpMyIphone
September 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I hope these ungrateful and impatient bastards burn in hell. They didn't even bother to read the article.

steve
September 29, 2010 at 2:14 AM

- Start TinyUmbrella
- Click Save My SHSH to save your 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 SHSH blob
- Check the Advanced Options
- In the Device/Version box, select iPhone 4.1 (8B117)
- Click Save My SHSH again to save a 4.1 SHSH blob
- Click Start TSS Server (iTunes will be closed)
- Restart iTunes
- Click on your iPhone in iTunes
- SHIFT RIGHT CLICK the Restore button and select the 4.1 ipsw file

Tom
September 29, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Can't believe people on here are like fukin little 10 year old spoiled brats sounding so fuken impatient as if the dev team owes you something. If it's that's easy to make a jailbreak then stop complaining and make it yourself see how long it takes you? Lol!

axid
September 29, 2010 at 3:32 AM

some people dont need unlocks

RudySingapore
September 29, 2010 at 3:48 AM

THANKS GUYS..keep up the good work!

someone
September 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM

y the hell would the title b greenpoison available now. because ppl mite accidentally pay 30 bux for a jailbreak that doesnt exist... if u do that u have to be the stupidest mofo on the planet.

andreas
September 29, 2010 at 6:04 AM

after all is it possible to unlock my iPhone 4 after I jailbreak it ?

Frank
September 29, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Thanks for caring....bookmarking the page right now :)

Mike
September 29, 2010 at 7:47 AM

When greenp0ison comes out id like to upgrademy ipod touch to 4.1 and then jailbreak it again.
is there a way to keep all of the software that ive installed from cydia when i upgrade it or do i have to lose it all as i did before?
thanks

September 29, 2010 at 8:51 AM

@lettetman

What wrong have I done? Iam an IT guy working mostly on Cisco gears, so I enjoy learning other things; like the IPhones?

September 29, 2010 at 9:02 AM

You all will get your greennpois0n by the end of this week. Stay calm and kiss the phone boy's ass for keeping us all up to date. Please use your pc ti work with this tool and not drinking it. They named it "greenpois0n" for a reason. Good luck to all.

Quickie
September 29, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Cant wait ... Just bought a 4.0.2 iPhone 4 and cant use it now for calling :(

Awesome work guys !

AWILL
September 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I have a 3gs, os 4.1 with a 5.11.07 baseband, it is stuck in emergency mode and wont read my sim - Can someone tell me if greenpois0n going to be able to fix these issues or do I need to do something else? Thanks!

Matt
September 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM

don't 4get being able to hacktivate

September 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM

@swill
Connect your phone with iTunes running. Don't update anything

September 29, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Hell has no fire to burn anything. Everything gets frozen.

Ernie
September 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I never jailbroke my phone and I am running 4.1 on 3 gs. Do you know if this will work for my phone? I purchased it at the end of last year so I am not sure about new or old bootrom.

AWILL
September 29, 2010 at 12:22 PM

@Steve
Thx. It is recognising my sim card now, it is still stuck in emergency mode though - any ideaa?

September 29, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I assume that you had the phone JB to OS 4.1? I am saying this because of your low version of baseband. If so, which JB tool did you use? Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w?

AWILL
September 29, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Yes, was JB before I got it using Sn0wbreeze I believe?

September 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Check out latest JB tool; Sn0wbreeze and Redsn0w and see which one supports the new bootrom and JB your phone again.

Dustin
September 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM

How much longer??

Kato3000
September 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM

They don't post this stuff to help people who might go out and buy a fake jailbreak, they post it to get people coming to their website.

Kolter Herkstroeter
September 29, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Can't wait til the real thing comes out... But f apple actually teamed up with all the people who develop the jailbreaks, it would be fricken epic! They would make so much more money.

Sunala
September 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM

First you need to jailbreak your i device using greenpois0n.. but i'm not sure about the unlock... just wait and see few days to go brother....

Nuno S
September 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM

My iphone 4 came with 4.0.2 so i updated with tinyumbrela to preserv the old baseband to be ublockeable. Cant wait anymore to use my iphone 4 with my network.

dejan
September 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM

never jailbroke my phone and I am running 4.0.2 on 3 gs. Do you know if this will work for my phone? (old bootrom.Will i be able to unlock it?

ale
September 29, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Thanks! Do you know if the unlock software is gona come out ever??

September 29, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Here is a sum up for those who wish to keep their phones unlocked.

1. 3G and 3GS Baseband must be on 5.13 or lower

2. iPhone 4. Baseband must be on 1.59

The Alien team has stated that they are only working on the JB tool at the moment and not the unlocked portion. Hopefully the future Ultrasn0w can help with the unlocking stuff.

andreas
September 30, 2010 at 2:18 AM

so you can unlock baseband 1.59.00 when you jailbreak with greenpois0n?

Mark
September 30, 2010 at 7:53 AM

3g stupidly updated to 4.1. Now the phone is locked of course. Is there a way to find out what my baseband is? Not sure what the phone was originally jailbreak or unlocked with.

johnny
September 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM

is it out yet ? is it work for iphone 3gs 4.1 new botroom ?

September 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM

@Andreas

Yes. Ultrasn0w can unlock baseband 1.59

September 30, 2010 at 11:34 AM

@Mark

Go to

Settings
General
About
Score further down and look for modem firmware. That is your baseband version. If you see something like 5.14.xx, then AT&T is your only friend.

EminentFate
September 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Thumbs up to Steve for helping people with questions.

framor68
September 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

How about 3g with 5.13.04??? I want to upgrade to 4.1, I have 4.0 right now and it's killing me!! but I want to be able to unlock if I need to..

leiter
September 30, 2010 at 1:35 PM

alguien save cuando se podra desbloquear el iphone 4 con 4.1?

Harris
September 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM

@iphoneMaster323 I had a jailbroken 3gs and I lost it, but I had my shsh blobs saved on suriks server..so I went out and bout a iphone 4..Im just wondering since I have the shsh blobs saved even know its an iphone 4 will I be able to downgrade then jailbreak my new Iphone 4?

skooter
September 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Hey! guys just wanna ask I have iPhone 3GS factory unlock already if im going to jailbreak this to greenpois0n/shatter jailbreak what happen to my unlock, is the unlock stay's on the phone or no need to use ultrasnow? thanks ^_^

skooter
September 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Steve, just wanna ask I have iPhone 3GS factory unlock already running iOS 4.1 baseband 05.14.02 if im going to jailbreak this to greenpois0n/shatter jailbreak what happen to my unlock, is the unlock stay’s on the phone or no need to use ultrasnow? thanks in advance ^_^

Sahil
October 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Umm my modem firmware is 02.10.04 :S and please hurry up dev team

Mark
October 1, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Thanks, but i cannot get into the phone. I turn it on and or connect to Itunes but i can only use the phone for emergency calls. I cannot access anything on the phone. I guess there is no way to determine my baseband?

kiwiboi
October 1, 2010 at 7:40 AM

c.mon brother.... my phones need some green poison. ill donate if your stuck for cash.. :)

highkftj
October 1, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I need some clarifications. I had a 4.1 3g jailbroken with snowbreeze and unlocked with ultrasnow (which kept me on 5.12). No problem but my phone crashed due to a ridicululus screen saver and the only way to re start it was connect to itunes and connect it. Of course this restored the original 4.1 and changed in 5.14 so basically that stupid screen saver fucked me up. I didn't have other choice since I didn't have anymore the custom firmware I used to jaibreak.

Now what can I do in this situation? will greenpoison be able to jailbreak my phone? I use Att so not sure I should also unlock with ultrasnow... please help!!! I need to tether with my phone

feelinloose
October 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Wow can't wait for the jailbreak. I have just recently started to research jailbreak and unlock for Iphone. I bought a 3g with 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02...uhgggg I really appreciate the Dev Team's Work on all this! Can't wait to enjoy my Iphone with T-mobile.

October 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM

@skooter

Factory/hardware unlocked will always be unlocked. Enjoy your JB buddy.

October 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM

@highkftj

Are you talking about a third party screensaver that you installed after a JB? If so, uninstall the damn thing and don't reinstall it.

Re
October 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Will greenpois0n work for iPod touch 2g

October 2, 2010 at 3:53 AM

So is this 4.1 fully ready ? or issit still in beta mode?

batutang lumuluha
October 2, 2010 at 4:04 AM

@highkftj
well, that's a BAD move buddy. If Shatter jailbreak takes forever to be released (in Greenpois0n), than I doubt you will see anything about the 5.14.x baseband unlock anytime soon as this is NOT being worked on at the moment. all hands are on shatter right now.

what you could have done was hit Shift+Restore and point to 3.1.2 ipsw, and start over from there. hopefully you are still on AT&T anyway, so that you have a working iPhone, not an expensive iPod.

Elvin
October 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

*of

Elvin
October 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

The point is jailbreaking even though 4.2 is coming out soon because SHAtter will jailbreak ur iPod/iPhone/iPad for life. Even if u update to iOS 5 it still will be jailbroken. Apple has to release new hardware so it can not be jailbroken

Demikoro
October 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM

That includes the iPod touch 4 Gen right?

October 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I think this should of been out ages ago , I've seen the screenshots on twitter and I think all there doing now is making it look good :L , (no-offense) but the image on twitter looks really good :)

anibal
October 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM

nice

Nicolas
October 6, 2010 at 4:48 AM

'm tired of waiting for Greenpois0n. I need to jailbreak my device. Please, release it now!.

a flying iPhone
October 6, 2010 at 5:20 AM

"they are working full time"... Ahaha, p0sixninja said that he was to drunk to work on it last night! They are doing thins for fun, you guys pestering them just takes the fun away and they won't like doing it. They are going to release it when it's done! You guys should just calm down and enjoy having nice products even if your not "free". It's here when it's here, bugging them won't make it get here faster.

Way to go hackers, I'm sure it's gunna be great!

Ardin
October 6, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Oohh men the firmware is out about a month and the jailbreak still waiting
Just wait wait wait
WTF? it will come out when the 4.2 will be out
Stupid!!! Again waiting

Jan Lee
October 6, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I am sick of cunts complaining about not having a jailbreak released now because they want it. STFU mates and wait. if you want it now go and make it your god damn self. yes they have screen shots showing it and that's to show what they have is working but there are still bugs to work out to minimize brickage and put everything the jailbreak requires onto the damn iPhone. i say again to all you wankers who are complaining. STFU and wait or go make your own. simple

Campbell
October 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I read that greenpois0n will hacktivate the iPhone. This tells me that the jailbreak must be tethered since u cannot use an untethered jailbreak on a nonactivated iPhone

October 7, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Everyone STFU the Dev team are doing us a GREAT FAVOUR beyond your comprehension, you niave/ignorant bastards. Be patient you whinning pricks. Let them take out the bugs make it flawless. Make our lives easier. GO ON DEV TEAM. I am behind you.

Liana
October 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM

HI. I haeve iPhone 3GS 4.1 firmware 05.14.02. it's a FU unlock. I once jailbroke it with spirit. but not sure about the SHSH thing on Cydia.
What I wanted to know, Will this greenpois0n work for my iPhone once it launched?
Appreciate if anyone could respond.

Gracie!

oneandonly
October 8, 2010 at 2:29 AM

agrees with me under my comment wtf do you wont for free if you ink you can make a better ob try it yourselfs

Jeremy
October 8, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Hey does this work for iPod touch 2g mc model
Cause I heard it only works for iPod/iPhone 4
Is that true,,

PanicPrevention
October 8, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hey i have a 2g ipod touch 4.1 and i was wondering will this greenpois0n jailbreak me ?
please reply :)

October 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM

@Liana

Sorry, but no Liana. Please tell your cheap ass boy to buy you an iPhone 4. Your picture deserved an iPhone 4?

Mark
October 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I hope someone can clarify this for me once and for all. I have a 3g that I erroneously upgraded to 4.1 Of course my phone is now locked and I assume i lost my jailbreak. My main concern is being able to unlock the phone. Will Greenpoison UNLOCK a 3g or is it just for jailbreaking?

Thanks for you reply

Gerby
October 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Will this work for the mc models?

anthony
October 8, 2010 at 11:33 PM

no it will not work with any 3g device be it iphone or ipod touch you will have to either upgrade or wait

Brian
October 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I say we hack Geohot and crash his servers for being such a douche and releasing his shitty jailbreak and making DevTeam hold back on their's.

LGSFV
October 10, 2010 at 6:38 AM

JUST JAILBROKEN OUR IPHONE 4! THANKS LIMERAIN, DONATED!

anon
October 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM

so brian, when was the last time u released a working jailbreak?! i see - never.

so the turn of events increases ur hatred in geohot for what logical reason? none. u r a worthless dumbshit luser who has a shit for a brain.

nil
October 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM

ofcors it will work..
if u r n a hurry u can use the limera1n on your own risk..

Joseph Stalin
October 10, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I heard it worked for itouch 2g mc, cuz thats wat i have and im hoping this can jailbreak mine. sorry for the lousy answer,and i dont wanna get your hopes to high. D:

Ash
October 12, 2010 at 1:15 AM

GEOHOT DID THE RIGHT THING COZ GREENPOIS0N CANT MAKE SHIT OTHER THAN HOUSES OUT OF LEGO BLOCKS.... GREENPOIS0N NEED TO FUCK OFF OUT OF THE JB SCENE COZ THEY BULLSHIT SO MUCH... ALL YOU HATERS TRASH TALKING GEOHOT SHOULD GO N FUCK YOURSELVES LIKE THE DIRTY UNGRATEFUL PAEDOPHILES YOU ALL ARE. A++++++ TO GEOHOT, THE MAN THAT DISAPPEARED N SECRETLY CAME BACK.... ANY CHANCE OF A IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL JB? THANKS GEOHOT FOR YOUR EFFORT N ACTUALLY RELEASING A JB UNLIKE THIS CHRONIC DEV TEAM WANNABE GLORY HUNTERS

janvos2506
October 13, 2010 at 6:18 AM

sure it will work else download umbrella and then program saves the shsh blobs for you so you can downgrade

Aisha
October 14, 2010 at 3:24 AM

attempted the above on iphone 3gs IOS 4.1 new bootloader and keep getting the following when all the code appears "error , no sucessful firmware do download after 600000 ms!!Giving up...."

Does anyone know why?

gorillawind
October 14, 2010 at 6:08 AM

no just tryed it i have to restore mine now

snipesAndrew123
October 15, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Im not bitching about anything but i have one question. Will greenpois0n come out with a jailbreak that will work for Ipod Touch 2G? And great work DEV team for all your hard work, i have heard good comments about this jailbreak!!!!!

Austin bender
October 16, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Please hurry i could die for this.

nas
October 17, 2010 at 12:50 PM

hey all. thanks you greenpois0n you boys are doing a great job, im going to give you boys a fat donate ones its out for all your hard work!!!! and i cant bludi wait for this to come out!!

Melanie
October 18, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Hello,
does it works for ipod touch 2g 4.1?

October 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM

i have 3gs on 4.1 but basband 5.14 can this be unlocked to all carriers or not? If not will it be able to ever..?

1ConfusedGal
October 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I just Jailbroke my IPOD TOUCH 2g 8gb!! Took 2 tries but I did it. THANKS SO MUCH GREENPOIS0N!!! Limera1n wouldnt jailbreak for me.

Zisshhh
October 21, 2010 at 8:54 PM

hi guys/girls...just to let you all know of my situation. i have a iphone 4, wich i updated to 4.1 via TinyUmberella so i could keep the old baseband (for unlocking later). i first tried Limera1n because everyone was saying it is really good.. but to be honest it was pure shite!! tried 10 times, following the exct procedure as told bt never worked.

this week the greenpois0n jb was released n i just tried it....n it worked!!! first time, very easy, fully compatible!!

i recommend all users/hackers to use greenpois0n, very easy and willl save you hassle. if any questions of how i did it, reply to my comment here or search youtube for greenpois0n (its where i learnt how to do it from).

best of luck!! =)

sudhanshu
October 25, 2010 at 5:45 AM

its not work....jailbreak fail error come on my screen...?

Danish
November 3, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Does this jailbreak work with ipod touch 2G with the latest OS?

November 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM

If I jailbreak my iPod touch 3G with 4.1 can I put again the apple iOS 4.1 after the jailbreak . And if I can is there going to be any problem with apple?

me too
December 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM

i agree with you on that bud. now it's awesome and it works like a charm on my iphone 4! :D

Help me
February 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I cant install for linux. Linux sucks!! I SWEAR

Patrick
February 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM

In case someone run into the same issue.
I'm sure you exited greenpos0n by hitting the "Quit" button before the iPhone has completely rebooted.
Simply apply the jailbreak again and you're fine.