Home » » Greenpois0n and SHAtter Exploit Can Jailbreak Apple TV iOS 4.1

Greenpois0n and SHAtter Exploit Can Jailbreak Apple TV iOS 4.1

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 | 6:21 AM

greenpois0n jailbreakThe Greenpois0n jailbreak combined with the SHAtter exploit can jailbreak the new Apple TV. iPhone Dev Team member, MuscleNerd confirmed today that the SHAtter exploit created by former Chronic Dev Team member, pod2g, works in the iOS 4.1 firmware for the Apple TV. This is great news, because with an Apple TV jailbreak users could add apps and freely modify whatever they want in their Apple TV system.

The Apple TV hasn't even been released yet, but the Apple TV firmware is on Apple's servers right now. The Dev Team downloaded the Apple TV firmware file and found that it is capable of being jailbroken with the SHAtter exploit. This means that either Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak or PwnageTool should be able to jailbreak Apple TV once it's released.

For the jailbreak geeks out there who know their thing, the key for the Apple TV filesystem is: 31c700a852f1877c88efc05bc5c63e8c7f081c4cb28d024ed7f9b0dbc98c7e1406e499c6 (courtesy of Dev Team blog). If you want to try jailbreaking iOS 4.1 software for Apple TV then go ahead and do that. Everyone else here complaining about when greenpois0n will be out, just follow @QuickPWN for updates.

Roky King
September 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM

What about the 3gs on 4.1.
Let's get them iphones done!
Good work none the less.

janusch
September 28, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Better news for me was if they had jailbroken ios 4.1 for 3G...

September 28, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Man that is great news. Apple TV was so locked down it was ridiculous. At least now it will actually be usable.

Well done!

September 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM

They have jailbroken 4.1 for the 3G you need a mac and redsnow 9.6 Beta 1

September 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM

You an also wise snowbreeze 2.0.1 to create a custom 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3G And that works in windows

Smoke
September 28, 2010 at 6:57 AM

These niggas need to focus on da phones first, I been waitin like a month fo iPhone 4 4.1 jailbreak. I appreciate their hard work but it's been takin a while n supposedly they jailbroke 4.1 a while ago. Ima see was good with da apple tv though. Jailbroken maybe no more cable bill???

c0nfusci0us
September 28, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Great news, but man - I am mentally de-stable waiting for this iphone jailbreak. I feel like I'm at time square on new years eve & i've counted down from ten, 1000 times waiting for the ball to drop.

September 28, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Cool how do I do it

w0w
September 28, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Wow! I must go out and buy a Apple TV and Jailbreak it!!! I will use my New Apple TV 99.9% of the TIME! My iPhone 4G .01% of the time. Who cares about the iPhone 4G 8B117 4.1 FW, Lets DO THE TV!!

CPT. Obvious
September 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Breaking news! Greenpois0n may cure cancer !

Lord Glencairn
September 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hi Everyone - I am starting to think that the " Dev Team " have jumped ship and are now working for Apple - Hardly anyone is interested in Apple TV - so with still no iPhone 4.1 jailbreak with the mysterious "greenpois0n" (that never came out first time round) Why are the Dev Team telling us to rush out and buy Apple TV ? Regards Lord Glencairn , Glasgow UK

Capo
September 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM

New update!!!!!!!
The greenpois0n has been proven to jailbreak the Aids virus but has not been released yet. Stay updated for it's release anytime from now till the year 2030.

Roggedoggelito
September 28, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Haha you are so awesome !!!

Wierd Noise
September 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Gr8

lewistyler
September 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM

To be all fair all I want to be able to do is jail break my iPhone 3GS 4.1 any surjestions ??

motluck
September 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM

what about Iphone?

Dsstech
September 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Come on jailbreak

Robignorant
September 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Quit bitchin bitches. Want want want. They don't have to do this for you guys. Start your own dev-team if you want it done faster. Patience you greedy tards.
Apple tv jb is probably the best news I've heard all year btw.

Mandy
September 28, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Hey those ppl making negative comments must be working for apple security team. You must be p'd off at the dev team and trying put them down.

joe
October 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM

congrats... now if only they can get started on the 3gs.....

iphone/touch 3g > touch 4g > apple tv > insert a billion other things > iphone 4 ?