Home » » JailbreakMe 2.0: Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPad oniOS 4, iOS 4.0.1, and iPad iOS 3.2.1

Written By Hans Berger on Sunday, August 1, 2010 | 1:00 PM

JailbreakMe 2.0

JailbreakMe 2.0, what comes to your mind when you hear this? That's the name for the new jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPad on iOS 4, iOS 4.0.1, and iPad iOS 3.21. I know a lot of you have been waiting for this, so read on below to find out how you can jailbreak.

If you plan to jailbreak, make sure you sync with iTunes first. Turn on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, or iPad and open the Safari application. Once you've done that, go to jailbreakme.com. Slide your finger to start the jailbreak process, and the screen will show you further instructions depending on what firmware your device is on.

This is THE easiest jailbreak ever for the iPhone. If you don't get it, please re-read the above instructions again and again until you do. It can't get easier in this. Have solace in knowing that jailbreaking is 100% legal now, but don't forget that it breaks your warranty. Follow @QuickPWN on Twitter for future updates.

Chris
August 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Sounds like FaceTime and mms won't work on iPhone 4 since don't wanna post that. My 3GS works fine using the jailbreak

iphone99
August 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

this is the easlies jailbreak ever... but just one thing why doesn't the tmobile internet work?

Armando
August 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Does this unlocks my iOS device so i can use it on any carrier I want?

iphone99
August 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

yes ... you have to go to cydia and install ultrasnow

WILL
August 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

@armando- no it doesn't. you have to INSTALL repo in cydia (which will already be there) to unlock the baseband and use other carriers. this will only add cydia to your springboard...

FINALLY THE LONG AWAITED MOMENT IS HERE!! PLEASE BE SURE TO DONATE TO COMEX ON THE WEBSITE. IF YOU CAN APPRECIATE HAVING A JAILBROKEN DEVICE THEN APPRECIATING ALL OF COMEX'S EFFORTS DESERVES A DONATION! THE GREAT MASTERMIND. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

August 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

so this really works? im guessing its a soft jailbreak?

cyclops_1619
August 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

will this still works even if my iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken with blackrain1? please reply.. what should i do if that's not possible? will i have to upgrade into iOS4 inorder to cut-off my iphone's blackrain1 jailbreak, and then use this jailbreakme2.0? thanks

iphoneguy
August 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hi I am trying to jail break my iphone 3gs, but doesn't seem to be working. All I get is a blank screen with the purple cloud. Any ideas? Thanks

stryderlis
August 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I'm having the same problem with the purple cloud.

shane
August 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

im on 4.0 3gs 16 gig
I went to the website slide to unlock and it just site forever with the nice background even after 2 minutes it did nothing? do i need to go to 4.0.1? what am i doing wrong?

yes i will read the comments so please help

MUTE 207
August 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Wow, ******* great!

justanh
August 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM

well...i jailbroke it once with this "jailbreakme 2.0" then after downloading a few things off of "cydia" it went into the awesome safe mode...and then i restored it so i can re-jailbreak it...and i go to the jailbreakme.com on my "safari" on my 3gs...and it give me a message saying "oops. looks like the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak your iphone. it might work again if you try it" and my screen "blinks" and gives me a purple cloud. solutions?

Mike S.
August 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I've tried this on my iPad 3G running 3.2.1 and it just shuts down and restarts, am I doing something wrong?

lucas
August 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

i think that a lot of people is triying to download the jailbreak, so we have to wait

lucas
August 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I have IOS 4.0.1 and i ve the same problem, help please jaja

juanitto
August 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

looks like everyone is trying the same and the servers are taking a lot of hits.

Jeremy
August 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Same cloud with no action on my 3GS and my iphone 4.
Both with 4.0.1

jackof*
August 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM

so does this work on the 3gs with the new baseband? or does my 3gs have to be jailbroken before? currently on 4.0 by the way. also can I use this to re-jailbreak my itouch 2g? had some bugs like clock not working right and apps crashing randomly so might wanna re-jailbreak it. thanks

john
August 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

it just takes forever to download is all, 2 min is nothing, dont worry

stryderlis
August 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Try the following mirror site. I kept getting the purple screen but finally got it to work somehow. My advice keep trying.

Helloo
August 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Yeah i swipe on 3GS with 4.0 and nothing happens

Sam
August 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I have the same problem. Tried a lot of times with no change in results whatsoever. The purple sky and thats it.

Jeremy
August 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Now it crashed safari on my iPhone 4. Then I noticed that all my bookmarked icons such as quickpwn went to "blank" on safari when I tap the icon. Not sure if this is a real thing.

Jeremy
August 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I tried to add my icon back with "add to home screen" in safari. The icon is a blank white square, and even though I typed a title, the title is "untitled".

Energie
August 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Stuck on the cloud ???? iPad 3.2.1
first time my iPad just decided to reboot for no reason and now i am just stuck on cloud with no install ?????

iphone99
August 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM

guys charm down jailbreakme just came out a few hours ago , everyone is trying to jailbreak thier phone , so the site is overloading, try angian later.. this jailbreak works i just jailbreak my 3gs on 4.01

Jeremy
August 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Reboot fixed the icons. Jailbreakme.com still crashed safari after reboot.

Gary
August 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Please post if you've had this work on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1. Thanks!

mrh
August 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

it showed "oops.. it looks like the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak :( it might work if u try again " anybody get this message for your iphone4 with 4.0 or 4.0.1????? help!!!!!!!!!!

alex
August 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM

so does this really work on iphone 4 under ios 4.01 ?? or is it just a bad joke !?

blank
August 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

i would like to know when will the jailbreakme.com start working again? I jailbroke one phone and when I was about to jailbreak the other one, the "oops... it looks like the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak"

cyclops_1619
August 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

hope someone could respond to me! will this still works even if my iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken with blackrain1? please reply.. what should i do if that’s not possible? will i have to upgrade into iOS4 inorder to cut-off my iphone’s blackrain1 jailbreak, and then use this jailbreakme2.0? thanks

Sammyboy
August 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I got the blank screen too, I turned off block pop-ups in the settings and now it works.
Not sure if it will help anyone else but it worked for me

Mrbean
August 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I have tried this on my ipad 3.2.1 and it will not work just crashes? Any ideas???

Wiimech
August 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Can anyone tell if this jb works on iPod touch? Doesn't says so but just wondering.

Zerealfox
August 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Stucked on the purple background on my 3GS. Did try a reboot, emptying The cache and The cookies, airplane mode in wifi, ... Nothing's working. When coming back on jailbreakme home page, IT says "Oops...", if I try again, same purple blank screen

Paulo
August 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Hi, and for my case that my iphone 3GS with 4.0 but is on emergency calls, can help me pleas?

zerealfox
August 1, 2010 at 6:07 PM

On iclarified.com, I did find a solution for thos sticked on the purple background screen:
"Don wrote at 2010-08-02 02:08:40
Do these if you are stick at purple screen... If you are stuck at the purple screen, do these steps!!! (Only on 3GS or 4) 1) put your iphone to Airplane mode. 2) Go to -> Setting -> safari -> Cookies -> Accept. 3) Double tap home button. 4) Press and hold to quit safari (in multitask mode) 5) Clear all Cache n cookies. 6) Open safari and go to jailbreakme.modmyi.com 7) If cannot, Repeat!"

Paulo
August 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Can you tell me if your`s was like mine, because i have on 3GS on 4.0 and jailbreakMe isnt possible because is on emergency call, can help me?, thanks

mrleo
August 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM

i jail-broke it today .worked great on my iphone 4 (4.o.1)
as is been said face-time and mms did not worked .
but i followed this little guide blackened , he posted this on gizmodo .all went well , i got cydia and rock-app .but most apps
don't work on 4.0 , look for a list on compatible apps on Google .
some can mess up your phone .

Blackened 08/01/10

Thanks to Darko_kun for helping me,

After you jailbreak you iPhone 4, and restart you will lose facetime and mms...

If you goto Cydia and install http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com you can restart your phone, and then go into setting, click phone, then enable facetime again. MMS will also be fixed.

and here is the original link , go to comments

iZICK
August 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM

This Doesn't work i tried 4 times i syned and followed directions it just stays with a screen i even let it stay for about an hour please help ?????/ quickpwn just make your own pl0x

jomo
August 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

is this just for mac users or can i install safari to my pc and do it that way?

Matthew
August 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Yay, jailbroke my Ipod Touch 3G with no problem. Even loaded the site with my first try.

David L.
August 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

what is your os now?

tropicrot
August 1, 2010 at 7:59 PM

yes cyclops, upgrade to 4.x then use jailbreakme.com

Miguelten
August 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

It is not working on my 3G Iphone with 4.0
Any idea?
thnx for reply

Cahluma
August 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM

How did you do that ! Mine has 3 months locked, i can update it to 4.0.1 but it is still locked ! I can't access the safari app. or anything else because the screen is stucked at the "apple lock" logo.
-Please, help me on that

August 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM

just jailbroked my 3gs on 4.0.1

had the same issue - explained here: http://www.sur3wyn.com/2010/08/jailbreaking-ios401-on-iphone-3gs.html

pls leave comments there. cheers!

mircha
August 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

what if my 3gs is locked and needs to be activated? that means that I can't open it...

Changz08
August 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Oh man!! this is great after waiting for 1mon. now i can use my Iphone 3gs 16gb 4.0.1 ios .. thanks a lot... it's pretty easy to do... i dont have any problem about this way of jailbreaking iphone... thanks thanks thanks..!! donated $30...

Chris
August 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Hi, it worked for my ipad 3.2.1, but not my iphone 3gs 4.0.1 (not previously jb). Just get a purple screen and no gear spinning symbol, it just freezes up. i have tried my phone and now my wife's and her's did the same despite repeated attempts (including rebooting the iphone.

Changz08
August 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM

1st update your iphone and update/get it into 4.0.1 ios then after that if you dont have the at&t simcard to activate your iphone,you should learn 1st or make a way on how to hactivate your iphone then after hactivated your iphone just simply go to it's safari application then just type jailbreakme.com and you can see the "slide to jailbreak" then it's gonna start downloading the cydia on your application window.. click cydia application then go to "manage" then "source" then "add source" then type 'repo666.ultrasnow.com/' then click "Reboot Device" then after your Iphone is totally JAILBREAK and UNLOCK !!

Jred
August 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

hey did you resolve this issue? i got the same purple screen and nothing more?

Chris
August 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I just restored my iphone 3gs 4.0.1 from backup and it now seems to have worked. Many thanks guys!!

ralph
August 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Why would you jailbreak your jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS?!?! It makes no sense...Just update your iphone to OS 4.0.1 asap, before the 4.1 is released and then use this tool...
HOWEVER The simpler option since you are on already jailbroken device, is to use snowbreeze and custom restore your phone...email me or add me to windows live or anything if u still dont know what to do ralph_af_1@hotmail.com

brian
August 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM

does this work with the 8A306?

Lemur
August 1, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Absolutely mainless and worked like a charm.

ataylor
August 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

How long does the jailbreak take? I have iphone 4 and ive been at "Jailbreaking - Sit Tight" for about 25 mins now. Blue bar is full, wondering if I lost internet connection or something dumb.

Anyone else have this issue?

yumi
August 2, 2010 at 12:50 AM

slide on my ipad 3.2.1 64Gb 3G, automaticcaly restart and nothing...

Michael
August 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I have 3GS and i am using 4.0.1 OS is there is any risk that this jailbreak might brick my 3GS ?
am still hesitating to do this process

waleed
August 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Hello great news but does it work for IPOD 2g mc model and IPOD 3g ?

arinah
August 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM

how long does it take until the purple cloud disappear to give the next instruction?

GreggA
August 2, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Is it tethered or untethered?

August 2, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Once you get the message on the screen sync with itunes. I had the same problem but it eventully worked, i guess because of heavy traffic. Hope it works for u too

joey
August 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

i seem to have the similar problem with the rest of the people on this thread, seem to be stuck on the purple cloud page.
ive been trying 6~7 times now but to no avail....
still heavy traffic?

Ronny
August 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Im wondering something. On my iPhone 3GS 4.0.1, I cant slide the slider. It just wont slide.. :S What is wrong?

Jeremy
August 2, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Got it to work. Bit still made all my bookmarked icons go to blank until reset. Then on reset my bootlogo screen had a white line at the top.

joe
August 2, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Same problem here. My iPhone 3GS on OS 4.0 just sits there at the purple cloud and nothing happens...please help

JAilbreakkkkkkk
August 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Works Perfect on my 3GS 16gig on 4.0.1
Everything Works great
Thanks

Motoman
August 2, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Why would you use JailBreakMe if you already have jailbroken your 3GS? Assuming that you are having problems with your 3GS after jailbreaking with Blackra1n, restore your iphone to whatever FW you want and have SHSH blobs stored for, and re-jailbreak with JailBreakMe. If you want to use iOS 4, you can "shift-restore" with custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze, RedSn0w or restore to stock FW 4.01 and use JailBreakMe. I hope this is clear enough for you.

Gary
August 2, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 4 worked. Whoohoo...

max
August 2, 2010 at 2:43 AM

it also worked on my ipod touch 2g mc model:)

Luis
August 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Hi all,

I have just tried several times with my IPhone 3GS in 4.0.1 old bootrom but when the page just download the file, the screen comes back to home, without installing Cydia... How can i resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Regards

JM
August 2, 2010 at 4:15 AM

I GET THE MESSAGE " A SERVER WITH THE SPECIFIED HOSTNAME COULD NOT BE FOUND." HOW DO I MAKE IT WORK?

August 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM

it worked on my iPod Touch 3G but it fucked up the album art / video previews so i restored it

Jason
August 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM

I get it to say Downloading... This might take a while. and it it does not load and than it says oops the server is down or something like that. =/ Any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

August 2, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Worked like a charm!!! FINALLY!

Levy
August 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM

when i go onto the site on my iphone i get an error saying: Ooops... A server with the specified hostname could not be found. <<< Pease can some1 help me

PiorunP
August 2, 2010 at 5:34 AM

web not working :(

Jadon
August 2, 2010 at 5:49 AM

YAY!
IT WORKED!
THAT WAS SOOO EASY!

Yeee
August 2, 2010 at 6:31 AM

I have finished running the Jailbreak. That was simple.

I want it unlocked. I added the repo666 to my sources in cydia and rebooted but it is still not unlocked. What do I have to do?

Dave Xiavia
August 2, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Just like what the title says, EASIEST JAILBREAK EVAR!!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!

shane
August 2, 2010 at 6:33 AM

it worked on 4.0 and 4.0.1
if the iphone restarts and the restart screen looks different in the top right your good
if you dont see cyida it installed improperly, you will have to restore and try again

FIRST Clear Safari History, Cookies, and Cache
use jailbreakme.modmyi.com for better results
try one time and then hold power button, slide to turn off, then turn it back on with the power button then do the website again and you should be good

shane
August 2, 2010 at 6:35 AM

the source should already be in cydia
repo666.ultrasn0w.com

Yeee
August 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Shane,

Cydia installed correctly on my phone. So I know that it is now Jailbroken. The problem is that I still cannot use my T mobile sim card even after adding the repo666 link to my source files in Cydia.

any help on that one?

Evil29
August 2, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Jailbreak worked great! I have been waiting for this. Question...How do I get the apps I downloaded from a torrent site on to my phone? Any help would be great

August 2, 2010 at 7:13 AM

you've got to download and install ultras0w adding the source does not do anything

PiorunP
August 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM

ok now work :) thx

Changz08
August 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM

You still have to reboot your iphone.. did you install the ultrasn0w and reboot it??

yoyoyoyo
August 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Does this work for the ipod touch 3g?

AppleGuy
August 2, 2010 at 7:46 AM

All u have to do is read the instructions. RESTORE first!
I have a iPhone 4 and it works perfect.

The only thing I saw was you cannot access Cydia store? Just times out

snifflesgalore
August 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Hi all -

Im selling my 3Gs. Will any of my personal data be retained on the phone if I JB with JailbreakMe 2.0? Would any of you recommend using this if I want to sell my phone as JB and unlocked?

Thanks in advance.

jessica
August 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM

i dont have wifi at my house i have to go somewhere else will it work if i dont sync it first

Sultan O.P
August 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM

after adding the link, did u let it run? it should run and then restart your phone. i Just unlocked a 3gs (MC) model and it was easy pezzee!!! cydia installed and i have tried 2 different sims from different carriers.....and it works!! awesome!!

kyle
August 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM

install ultra snow, Not just the source.

DC
August 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM

It works fine. You just have to realize that 5 bizillion people are all trying to do this at the same time. I was trying all night and got nothing but the purple cloud. I got up this morning and it worked right away. Everything works great.

dave
August 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I couldn't get this to work with Safari. So I installed Magic Broswer. It worked. I updated from 4.0 to 4.0.1 (i am on a 3gs) I lost the jailbreak. So I downgraded back to 4.0 and it worked.

August 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM

after I slide it then say "downloading" for like 1/2 a second then say "oops...file recieved was invalid" Anyone have any ideas...this is the same on modmyi site.

cyclops_1619
August 2, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Thanks a lot tropicot. Im excited to try it now..We'll provide update later..

cyclops_1619
August 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Will try it today Changz08. Thanks a lot. Meaning, the Safari application has to be opened from my iphone 3GS and not from my laptop, right?

cyclops_1619
August 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Because, currently i have a tethered jailbreak. And im thinking if this jailbreakme2.0 is an untethered jailbreak, it would be great. Im using a new bootroom upon checking my iphone 3.1.2 (7D11) version.

Also, i want to have the upgrades of iOS4.

Chatcat
August 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken. I want to the 4.0 firmware. what should I do. will it still be unlocked? Please help

milad
August 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM

if everybody want to jailbreak only go to safari on your iphone and type www.jailbreakme.com and after continue to instruction and your phone will gailbreak without use computer for that.

andrewyat
August 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM

after the jailbreak my 3g internet wont work. any help?

kyle
August 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM

yes it wil work if you dont sync. but is recommend to backup your phone first on itunes.

Matata
August 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Damn!!! That was so f*** easy!! i have a 3GS with the new baseband, i work just fine!! You guys rules!!!! i wait for this like 6 months since i buy my iphone, and was locked because i upgraded in that time!!

My best regards!!!

yee
August 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Thank you all, I had not clicked install once I added the source. jeez.

Thanks everyone.

yee
August 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Quick Question.

Since installing this jail break, I can recieve text messages, but I cannot send them. and cannot recieve or send pictures or video. Is this not possible once you use on t mobile? I dont even have the little pic attach button on the texting screen like I used to when I was on ATT

Anyone else having or had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

August 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM

i unlocked mine but now it is in the springboard crashed loop message i click restart and it keeps saying crashed then clicked help and said to try crash reporter but still not working

August 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM

How do I use the jailbreak?

PUNK
August 2, 2010 at 3:43 PM

HOW DO U DOWNGRADE BACK? DO U NEED YOUR SHSH BLOGS TO GO FROM 4.0.1 TO 4.0

Dalton
August 2, 2010 at 3:58 PM

It worked for my iPod touch 3G with os 4 that you so much

Tristan
August 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

just installed on my iphone 3gs 4.0.1 working great

Tristan
August 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

much traffic on the website try in an hour or 2. just jailbreak mine 2 hours ago. 14 hours ago the website always hang.

Drizzy
August 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Type in " jailbreakme.modmyi.com " and see if it goes through

mistermister
August 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM

do you have to restore first

Tkun
August 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hey, is it okay to turn off/reboot my device, or would I possibly lose my jailbreak, or worse, have to restore my device?

tillerg
August 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

HAve an iphone 3gs on 4.0 and it will not jailbreak! it worked on the last one but on this one it will crash once it gets to Sit tight.

wil
August 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM

hi, i just jailbreak my iphone 4g 4.0.1. i had no problems except for unlocking it. i installed ultra snow through cydia source file. but still my phone is locked. if i insert other sim its always searching for signal.

GreggA
August 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Has anybody sync-ed with itunes after the jailbreak?
iTunes keeps removing my newly d-loaded apps.
Any ideas?
thanks

James
August 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I have a 4g Iphone its lock. If I restore in Itunes will it unlock the device. How do I unlock a device that is lock. I,m lost.

Paul
August 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Yes it does work. I did it on my iPod Touch 3g but i guess the author didnt know that this jailbreak works for all idevices running iOS4

sk3l3
August 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM

thanks worked great took a few trys as my internet fails

kevin
August 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I try to get the applic. but there is nothing. Can you upload somewhere else... link megaupload or rapidshare. thanks

Harvey
August 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM

you add the .ipa file to itunes but i tried that already(successful to adding to itunes) but when i synced my phone, it didnt add to it. i think the apps are not ios4 ready yet. i think they are still ready for 3.1/ 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.

walter
August 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM

YEH great job. But i cant instal ipa's ?? it says that there was a error So that means that the jailbreak is not working?!?!?! please advise ( 3GS, 4.0.1 New rom)

JJ00
August 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM

How can I hackivate the phone now? I upgraded 3GS to 4.0.1 and now I have to activate it via iTunes... What to do?

THS
August 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I did, but it still keep searching and dont find provider

What i did was to use safari to find repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Then i installed it from sources and rebooted. Correct ?

First it was hanging on pin code, then tried the AT&T one and it started, changed to my normal sim and it starts, dont ask for pin though ? and it is searching for provider.

Any info would be appreciated

Tom
August 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Once jailbroken with jailbreakme.com, what are the options for tethering? I heard the hacked pdanet application will work, but I don't like this app since you have to have special apps on both the phone and the pc you are tethering. Anything that makes the standard iphone tethering menu available after the JB, or is there a newer version of the hacked MyWi that will work? Waiting till I know I can tether since this is the primary reason I JB.

Uju
August 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM

You can upgrade your phone to 4.0 or 4.0.1 and then jailbreak it. After that you will be able to unlock it using ultrasn0w. I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3gs on 4.0.1

Uju
August 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Jailbreaking won't brick your 3GS. But when you restore the next time, you will need a sim card from the original service provider for activation. I had an old AT&T sim card and it worked like a charm. The other option is to use a phonebook card as Hashim has shown in his video.

Uju
August 2, 2010 at 11:25 PM

@Paulo: is your screen displaying the itunes logo and a usb cable? If that is the case then you have hit the recovery loop. You will need a sim card from your iPhone's original sim card's company to activate it - doesn't have to be the orignial sim card. The other option is to use a phonebook card as Hashim has shown in his video.

Uju
August 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM

You just might need to put your phone in the recovery mode and restore it.

Sebaaa
August 3, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Is this real :D

J
August 3, 2010 at 2:45 AM

hey sultan which firmware did you unlock your 3gs on? i havent updated since 3.1.2 and if i update it will be on 4.0.1. can i jailbreak and unlock on 4.0.1 for tmobile?

vahid
August 3, 2010 at 4:33 AM

does this work on ipod touch 3rd gen running 4.0 (8A293)? model no. MC008BT

August 3, 2010 at 5:20 AM

I have a jailbroaken iphone 3g that now want recognize my t-mobile sim card. I must have deleted something. It says invalid sim card now. What should I do?

jack'pf
August 3, 2010 at 5:42 AM

can someone please answer my question I'm desperate to know an I waited patiently for days... does this work on the 3gs with the new baseband? or does my 3gs have to be jailbroken before? currently on 4.0 by the way.

also can I use this to re-jailbreak my itouch 2g which is currently JB on 4.0? had some bugs like clock not working right and apps crashing randomly so I might wanna re-jailbreak it. thanks

J.FORT
August 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Guys i did my ipad in like 5 minutes. My problem is when i go to install 4.0.1. on my iphone it is going to be stuck at the screen with the itunes logo and cable, therefore i won't be able to get to safari in order to jailbreak and unlock the phone

Diego
August 3, 2010 at 8:28 AM

do you know if it works for my ipod touch 8g 3 generation version 3.1.3 model MC086E with itunes 9.2.1.4

PLZ ANSWER!!!

eddie
August 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM

everytime i down download from jailbreakme.com it will finsh the download then it will close my browser, it will not install anyone have any answers please help. I have a 3gs 16g on 4.0.1 thanks Eddie can email me at ednboo2@att.net

iphone4 guy
August 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM

jailbreak me was a great tool for my iphone 4 jailbreak...
here is what works and wut doesnt
works:
winterboard
sbsettings
my3g
all themes
tonefxs
five icon dock

doesnt work
font swap
five row springboard..(do not install!!)
supreme preferences

[...] that the jailbreak hackers are using. There will always be a cat and mouse game. The newest JailbreakMe exploit uses a PDF font bug in order to execute remote code on to it. While jailbreakers may think [...]

Veeka
August 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Is this real? What are the disadvantages to download on Iphone4 the jailbreakme.com??

J
August 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Worked flawlessly first time around! 3gs on 4.0.1, unlocked it for tmobile too. Thanks! Definitely the easiest jailbreak yet

J
August 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM

not sure about the itouch cause i dont have one but i just jailbroke and unlocked my 3gs 16 gb on 4.0.1 and my 3g 8gb on 4.0. both worked without any problems. if you're having problems with anything you might want to just backup everything and do a full restore then try jailbreaking

John
August 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM

jailbreakme.com wont let my slide. o.O?

jack'pf
August 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM

thanks man..i'll try it on my 3gs then. For those who haven't, do so and get it working no matter what before Apple patches the exploit when iOS 4.1 is released which should be next week or so~ good luck!

[...] you want to unlock iPhone 4, you must first jailbreak iPhone 4 using JailbreakME, and then follow the tutorial on the Use iPhone without AT&T service post. Also follow [...]

Paul
August 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Yes it does

David
August 4, 2010 at 3:21 AM

I did the jailbreak and it was great and easy. But I cannot get Bossprefs to work. I have tried installing it a dozen times and it just wont open. It just crashes everytime. Help?!

floppy
August 4, 2010 at 3:35 AM

does installous work on the iphone 4 yet?

Dante Sparda
August 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I once upgraded my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.3 and was never able to jailbreak it. I can't get past the Emergency Call screen, so how do I get to Safari and onto this website?

Gangrel_SP
August 5, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Please i need help ! I have a 3GS FW4.0 i sinc with itunes without CHIP, and visit jailbreakme.com , when i slide JAILBREAK my safari CLOSE ! I tryed many times and all times safari close. Anyone have idea ? Please help !

philboy11
August 5, 2010 at 8:11 AM

it does not work on itouch for me
when i slide to jailbreak it just restarts the phone

Ajay
August 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I have an iPhone 3GS on 4.0.1.

It shows Downloading and then my safari crashes/closes and nothing happens after that. I have rebooted several times, cleared history/cookies/cache several times and then rebooted again, still the same problem.

Anyone ran into this problem and got it resolved?

Thanks for the help.

EandT
August 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM

How to download "JailbreakMe 2.0".

Gangrel_SP
August 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Please HELP !!!

cyclops_1619
August 7, 2010 at 3:54 AM

thankg Changz08.. it worked.. i just had my iPhone 3GS 16GB upgraded to iOS4.0.1 and jailbroken by jailbreakme2.0..

mikisman
August 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Is there anyway to get Installer installed?

ADN
August 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM

hey can anyone tell me howto hacktivate multitaskin n background wallpaper?

cylops_1619
August 8, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I cannot sync the cracked apps i got to my iPhone. Itunes says because you are not authorized in this computer. Im authorized with this computer. Btw, I have already jailbroken my iPhone 3GS iOS4.0.1 using Jailbreakme2.0 and installed the repo666.ultrasnow.com/. Im wondering if such 'cannot sync' problem might be related to the jailbreak thing. What should i do next? Pls help.

Abutee
August 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Worked for me perfectly.....thank you.

avizit
August 10, 2010 at 5:34 AM

yes it does, and it supports the full multimasking too, appsync for 4.0 is also out.

GD
August 11, 2010 at 6:21 AM

I am having the same issue!!! Anybody have any tips???

Bruce
August 11, 2010 at 6:45 AM

It looks like Apple came out with an update today. 4.02 and so the jailbreakme.com no longer works! Dang it.. I still had a phone to Jailbreak!

Bruce
August 11, 2010 at 6:45 AM

It looks like Apple came out with an update today. 4.02 and so the jailbreakme.com no longer works! Dang it.. i had still had a phone to Jailbreak!

Mike
August 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM

worked for me on my iphone 3g 4.0.1

ilbit
August 15, 2010 at 3:41 AM

its on the next page of your homepage screen on iphone, swipe to left

memo
August 16, 2010 at 1:58 AM

i am trying to jailbreak my iphone 4, however when I use the "slide to jailbreak" I get the message "ooops...file received was invalid".
Please advice

jimmymac
August 16, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Jailbreak will not download on 4.0 3gs phone. Message: "oops File received was invalid" over and over

CAT
August 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM

yes, did it yesterday!

CAT
August 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM

its real and it gives you cydia, an alternative appstore that gives you special apps like wifi tethering and facetime on 3g

Jerry
August 16, 2010 at 2:20 PM

When i go to the site after 1st time being unsuccessful it says "oops loks like installer crashed last time, it might work if you try again"and when i keep trying again i get "file received was invalid" iphone 3gs 4.0.1. Anyone else have this problem?

BlancoStarz
August 17, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Will i lose all my customisations if i use this jailbreak?

I'm curently on 3.1.3 jailbreak and i would like to update to 4.0.1. I have customized my iphone at a point that i will not update if i lose everything unless there's an easy way to get everything back.

~thanks

J
August 17, 2010 at 5:19 PM

So the jailbreak worked on my 3gs but my 3g won't boot past the apple logo when the white circle pops above it. It just sits there forever, never gets to the unlock screen. It's obviously jailbroken but I can't figure out how to fix it without doing a restore, problem is 4.02 is now out and will be the default firmware restored on it. Any ideas or recommendations?

Peter Smith
August 18, 2010 at 8:17 AM

iOS 4.0 query:
I still have iOS 4.0 (on my iPhone 3GS). Didn't get round to updating to 4.01. Obviously I should not update to 4.02 but can I jail break from my 4.0 OS?

BlancoStarz
August 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM

update your iphone to 4.01 and jailbreak that version. You can jailbreak 4.0 too but i dont know if it's with this jailbreak..

Peter Smith
August 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Is it possible to update to 4.01, iTunes is now offering 4.02?

Hector
August 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I hav tried to do this on my itch 3rd gen 32 gb but it says 'file recieved is invalid what do I do???

Arion185
August 20, 2010 at 1:49 AM

So I jailbroke my iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 w/out syncing it first.
First time I tried it my iPhone got stuck on the "may take a moment " screen when it was downloading the jailbreak, after 15 min I ended up resetting the phone by holding down the power and home buttons till it restarted. I tried it again right after and it worked like a charm. I dl mywi & my3g w/ the rock app. That night i left it at 97% battery and put it in standby mode. When i woke up my battery was at 66%. I'm not sure but it seems apps are running even in standby mode. ***nothing was running in the background*** Now I'm thinking about restoring my phone in case indium the battery, but if I do I won't be able to jailbreak due to 4.0.2 being released. ???now for the big question does this kind of battery consumption normal should i keep it on, or should I unjailbreak???
Any comment is appreciated thank u.

Lisa
August 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I just got the iPhone 4. the Version running reads: 4.0.2.
1.Does that mean i need to change to a different version to unlock?
2. After i do the jailbreak and unlock, is there a way to reset to unjailbroken "factory setting" in case i need to send my iPhone for the warranty i bought, or is the iPhone "jailbroken" forever?
Thank you for answering.

Mike
August 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I don´t think you can downgrade to 4.0.1. If you jailbreak you can just resore to factory settings and the phone is back to normal.

Jeff
August 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hi Lisa,
1. Yes, you'll have to downgrade to 4.0.1 OS or former. But Apple will not allow you to do that since Apple has already shut down signing 4.0.1's SHSH blob file. So there's no way you can jailbreak and unlock 4.0.2 firmware but wait for an unknown period of time. Unfortunately, I'm in the same situation with you except I don't need it to be unlocked. But unjailbroken iPhone is realy imcomfortable to use, so I swap back to my 3GS until 4.0.2 within iPhone 4 can be jailbreakable.
2. At 4.0.X stage, just do a fresh restore through iTunes. Wait for 10-20 minutes, you'll have a fresh factory restored iPhone. But remember, don't restore from a backup when a jailbroken iPhone was backuped. Apple may be able to find some exploit files in your iPhone due to some files in backup may be not 'legal' to Apple. Just do a fresh restore and use no backups, then you'll be able to send it back or repair. Lastly, jailbroken is not a forever status but I assue you already know that.

sam ramon
August 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM

i just bought an iphone4 from apple store. can i unlock it? could someone pls confirm me the steps? the process mentioned in this web is to jailbreak using jailbreakme.com and then use ultrasnow to unlock. does it work for the latest phone i purchased? thnx

Christopher
August 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Hey does anyone know if I can jailbreak a iPod touch 2g on fw3.1 using this site or without a computer in general? Much appreciated :D

August 28, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Jailbreak 4.0.10s

kenn
August 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM

You cant downgrade iphone 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 if you previously didnt have the shsh blobs saved.

as such you cant jb the 4.0.2 if it is out if the box

Alex
August 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I have an iPhone here jailbroken on iOS 3.1.3 firmware. I've downloaded the correct 4.0.1 firmware, but when I tried to update it, iTunes told me that the device was ineligible for this update. I wish to update to 4.0.1 jailbroken. Any suggestions?

Alex
August 31, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Sorry, that would be a iPhone 3gs.

Danial
September 1, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I want to jailbreak my iphone

andt8
September 4, 2010 at 3:01 AM

try reset everything......like EVERything restore to factory

Tyson
September 11, 2010 at 10:53 AM

when's the next update to jailbreak the iPod touch 4.0.2

derekd
September 15, 2010 at 6:29 AM

I have iOS 3.1.3 on an Iphone 3GS that is already jailbroken. How can I update to iOS 4.0.1 since that is the highest version that can be jailbroken? I have tried downloading the restore file and shift+restoring it but Itunes will not allow it to restore and gives me an error message. Am I just stuck with 3.1 for now?

June 15, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Hi here i would like to tell in my own experience how to unlock an iphone4. Before i was using my iphone4 from australia with vodafone network .But i don't like that service .So i was decided to unlock my iphone4.First i have chosen jailbreak method but the jailbreak process is totally different.Because is only used for download third party application.But i wish to change carrier.So i searched lot of sites on the internet, and finally i found that site Classicunlocking.com here i got remote unlocking service at low cost and unlocked my iphone4 from australia with vodafone network provider. Now i can use different sim card with different country .