Home » » Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1

Written By Hans Berger on Thursday, July 15, 2010 | 8:15 AM

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1

Apple released the  iOS 4.0.1 download today to resolve the reception issues iPhone 4G users were having. In case you're wondering, yes it's possible to do a iPhone 4.1 jailbreak.

Although you can jailbreak iPhone 4.1, you should hold off on updating to iOS 4.1. In fact don't even update to iOS 4.0.1 yet, because it's just a small update. Apple will be releasing an iOS 4.1 download (no ETA on that) which will be a bigger update, so I recommend waiting for that. It's also important to note that if you want to unlock iOS 4.0.1 don't update until we know the iOS 4.0.1 update doesn't block the unlock.

The best way to stay up to date with the latest jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 information is to follow @QuickPWN on Twitter. Maybe we may see a iOS 4.0.1 jailbreak from the following:

• iPhone 4.1 jailbreak with redsn0w - redsn0w is no doubt THE best jailbreak out there. It's created by the famous Dev Team who makes reliable jailbreaks. It will definitely be updated to support iOS 4.1

• iPhone 4.1 jailbreak with Spirit - Spirit is the easiest jailbreak out here. It's created by comex. There may be a Spirit Jailbreak for iOS 4.1, but don't count on it as Apple could easily patch that.

• iPhone 4.1 jailbreak with limera1n - Geohot was going to release a limera1n jailbreak for iOS 4.1, but it looks like he has left the jailbreak scene for now. He did state that someone else may take on his work before he closed his blog and Twitter account.

Update: You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta using the redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5 software (thanks to Dev Team). Download it for Mac here, or Windows here. Don't know what this is? Stay away then, I recommend waiting for the iOS 4.1 jailbreak.

[...] released the new iOS 4.0.1 download for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G users. If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 and unlock iOS 4.0.1,  you may want to stay away from this update for now. This update should [...]

InevitableDJ
July 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM

does this work on 3GS with new bootrom or MC model?

Xiider
July 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Geohot maybe back? He buyed the domain limera1n.com, but the is only a Goole Analytic Script…

Nameloc
July 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I have a 2G iPod touch MC model so I guess I would also like to know if this jailbreak works for it.

Billy
July 15, 2010 at 4:28 PM

If you do a whois on the site you'll see he purchased the site name back in March 2010, so no, he's not.

bburlim
July 16, 2010 at 12:33 AM

god question!!!

Bannana Joe
July 16, 2010 at 2:30 AM

We hop for the good of the iphone community

englishman
July 16, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Past tense of buy is bought. Not buyed.

Nate
July 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM

My IPSW is iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore. I have a 3G with IOS 4.0.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 and it wont recognize the IPSW. This is supposed to work, any advice?

Oliver Kiss
July 16, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Hop? Are you a bunny rabbit?

daesoph
July 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Where have you been? Someone bought it in his name and put a drop there like 3 months ago.

CodeBlue
July 16, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Links are dead

Al
July 17, 2010 at 3:08 AM

I've been investigating, and I'm not 100% sure. I have an app in my Mac to check if my iPhone with iOS 4.0 is jailbreakable or not (f0recast) and it says it is. But I have been reading a lot in other websites about Redsn0w and other patches, and everywhere they says my iPhone (with new bootloader) cannot be jailbroken for now. So I'll wait some more time to have a clear indication about it...

It's all I can say, sorry

U know
July 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Geohotz is a little baby girl. Release the 4.0.1 jailbreak and prove your a real man.

lucas
July 17, 2010 at 3:36 PM

im sorry if this is a stupid question but has reds0w or spirit been released yet? the link for redsn0w download does not work and i cant find spirit anywhere

[...] be able to jailbreak the new iPhone 4 yet, but you can jailbreak the older iPhone. Just see our jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 post for more info if you are interested in jailbreaking. Tags: Apple, iPhone, iPhone 4, [...]

Jamie
July 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Hi guys, recently had to change 3GS as got bricked after jailbreaking 6 months ago.
I now have brand new one from apple and is version 4.0 but I also updated via I-tunes will this stop me from jailbreaking only I had some fantastic apps and really would like them back again. Ta

Werty
September 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

They need an ios4.2 jailbreak

September 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Spirit is the best!

J1iNX
September 30, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Spirit should make 14 iOS 4.1 u just have to

Emir
October 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I have tried to jailbreak my Iphone 3G IOS 4.1 with redsn0w - the jailbreak went okay, but then the trouble began, buggy, slow, suddenly the Iphone froze, had to restart it. Then I connected my Iphone to my DENON Ipod/Iphone dock, to hear some music through my Denon surround reciever (dgital) but my Denon dock didnt reckognize my Iphone....When restored to IOS 4.1 no problem, clear crisp music....So all that talk about redsn0w working is not true.

highkftj
October 19, 2010 at 4:07 AM

HI Emir,

I have the same problem with an iHome alarm clock. After jailbreaking if I install any jaibroken application from cydia, the dock usb connection stops working, meaning it will not play or be controllable from any device.

this is the first time I experienced this problem and I found no solution online. It basically force me to use a non jaibroken iphone until they will release a new tool or new operative system version.

Very frustruating!

November 16, 2010 at 1:57 AM

hai, i have an ipod touch 2g MC 4.1
many says that its jailbreakable, but when i try greenpoison, limerain or redsnow it quits

plz help me thnx