Home » » iOS 4.0.1 Download Available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G

iOS 4.0.1 Download Available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G

Written By Hans Berger on Thursday, July 15, 2010 | 7:53 AM

Apple has released the new iOS 4.0.1 download for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G users. If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 and unlock iOS 4.0.1,  you may want to stay away from this update for now. This update should resolve any reception issues iPhone users were having with the iOS 4 software.

iOS 4.0.1 download links

Below are the direct download links for the iOS 4.0.1 firmware.  The easiest way to download is using Firefox, right-clicking and using save-as. You can shift-click and restore the firmware through iTunes.

iOS 4.0.1 Jailbreak & Unlock

The iOS 4.0.1 is a minor update, so it doesn't make sense to release a jailbreak or unlock for it just yet. However, you never know when a hacking team will release a new update.

If you aren't already, follow @QuickPWN on Twitter and we will tweet (update) you once an iOS 4.0.1 jailbreak or unlock is out.

July 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM

[...] released the  iOS 4.0.1 download today to resolve the reception issues iPhone users were having. In case you’re wondering, yes [...]

July 15, 2010 at 8:29 AM

[...] released the iOS 4.0.1 download just today. You can currently jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 (minus iPhone 4), but if you want to unlock iOS [...]

[...] due to complaints about reception issues with the iPhone 4. Just yesterday Apple released the iOS 4.0.1 download which uses a new formula to calculate the signal bars, so I doubt they are going to be issuing a [...]

Kishan
August 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I am not able to download ios 4.0.1 I am getting message "Safari can not download this file"

Harris
September 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Thanks

Anonymous
September 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM

use another browser

Jf003
September 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM

How can I install the 4.0.1 through itunes? I only have to shift-click on the iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw? When i do it, my itunes open. and at that moment if i click on "restore" itunes want to restore my iphone with updating to the latest firmware, so the 4.1 update. thanks

Wzrds
October 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM

What about iPhone 4 -4.1 mc model is there a jailbreak yet???

October 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Thanks for your nice information. Now a days there are lot of methods available to unlock an iphone3g such as hardware,software,sam,factory unlock method,remote unlock method and etc.But according to my opinion remote unlock method is the best and easy method to unlock an iphone3g. Because other methods contains lot of steps. It is not comfortable for me. So i have chosen remote unlock method and i got service from this site
Mobile-unlocker.com
and i have permanently unlocked my iphone3g easily.