Home » » Leaked iPhone 4 and iOS4 Secrets

Leaked iPhone 4 and iOS4 Secrets

Written By Hans Berger on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 | 6:08 AM

If you value your privacy and your freedom, you should stay away from the latest iOS 4 update and iPhone 4. Nakodari, from AddictiveTips purportedly had a conversation with an Apple employee "Alpha" who revealed some disturbing  secrets about the new iPhone 4G and iOS4 to him. To explain it in simple terms, he found out the following:

1. iOS4 has code which sends updates to the user every 1-2 weeks and locks their system if they are not using AT&T as their carrier. AT&T and Apple both have 6 months of OTA's in their server, according to the "Alpha" Apple employee.

2. Apple can check users' baseband and carrier information and also see whether or not they are jailbroken when they call Apple Care Support. Apple staff has been instructed to void users' warranty once they find out if they jailbreak iOS4. The full message that the Apple employee gave about the OTA is below:
“How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. “There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?” two options “Yes” or “Later”. Those are what would would call “OPTIONAL UPDATES” Now there are things called “MANDATORY UPDATES”. They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, “Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run”, your only option is to “Accept” Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again “You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update” If you don’t do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4. With that being Said go ahead Try to unlock the iPhone it will only last 14 days max…”

3. On iPhone 4, when you use FaceTime Apple can check what two phones are communicating with each other and also see what location these phones are communicating from too. Here is what the Apple Employee said about FaceTime:
I will let you off with one last bit of information if your gonna write a story on this and that is Facetime, the iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 Wifi video connecting. The issue is with Wifi is that anyone can get on a Wifi Signal and potentially see what the viewers and broadcasters are looking at without them know, now Apple will deny this and say its not our problem you where not on a secure connection, in my mind I think that its all bullshit.

People should be able to have some type of security during those calls. Worst yet is once a person connects to another person on FaceTime it for some reason non of us in the office can figure out, sends us APPLE a message and says those two people are connecting via Facetime and gives out their location to us. So for whatever reason we need that information just blows my mind.  As a consumer why would you need to let Apple know that you are connecting with a person via FaceTime, its non of Apple’s business.

Do you trust the "Alpha" Apple employee? If this is true, will this effect whether or not you update to iOS 4 or get the new iPhone 4? Let us know what you think about this in the comments.

June 23, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Nice. Another thing Apple restricts... User privacy...

Jon
June 23, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Wow. Apple is taking things a bit too seriously.. It's a phone that the user bought with their own money. It shouldn't have to be controlled by Apple like that!

Dirty Dobb
June 23, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Wow talk about BIG BROTHER!!! Looks like the only privacy your going to have left is in your head. Looks like Apple (Communist) and AT&T are going to know when I'm taking a crap. What has happened to this world?

Koolaid Man
June 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Don't worry, the hacking community is strong and they will always find a way to backfire everything apple throws at us.

Kamrul
June 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Disgusting. That's why I've started hating Apple. Stupid protections. They never know, there are much more intelligent people them all around the world. Dev Team will find out solutions very soon :)

andrew
June 23, 2010 at 7:18 AM

if they were smart they would get more sales by letting people buy then so they can unlock but thats apple

Rhyme
June 23, 2010 at 7:34 AM

This is BullS***.... We pay for their services not for them to snoop... Well good luck to them they're going to lose the customers. They are forgetting that we are customers and they have competitors.

tech_support_guy
June 23, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I work as an Apple tech support agent..We have heard NOTHING that confirms what this employee is saying..We have always been told that we support the Iphone whether or not it has been jailbroken..

But then again...I am just a tier 1 agent...what do I know?

Eddie Spaghetti
June 23, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Bit by bit the illusion reveals itself. The more freedom they make us feel we have in reality it's just the opposite. The "world economy" is the biggest scam of them all and we are all going to be apart of this communistic state whether we like it or not. Apple is just one example of this. I mean how much more do you need when you already have over 25% of the smart phone market world wide and that out of how many other hundreds of smart-phone companies? We may win a battle here and a battle there but remember the "Golden Rule" He who has the gold makes the rules!

Mattan
June 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM

You guys do realize that they are gathering connection and location info for statistical purposes? Perhaps to help prepare for the transfer to 3G Facetime or to see how popular the new functionality actually is.

Do you really think they are going to use that information for anything "evil"? It's not like Apple is sitting there watching you talk.

There is a good reason the vast majority of people don't care about this privacy stuff (including Facebook) at all, because it doesn't affect them in any significant way.

The benefits of the service outweigh the fears. Until something actually and significantly bad happens with this data then nothing will come of it except the ranting anger of a small minority on tech-blogs.

I Smell BS
June 23, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Yeah, this absolutely stinks of BS. What sort of confirmation did you do with other Apple employees? How did you verify this person _was_ an Apple employee.

As an Apple employee working out of Cupertino to train Geniuses, I can say this is quite literally nonsense. The only thing more depressing than you posting this without any sort of verification or alternative sourcing is the group of people already believing this.

Oh, and I'm not really an Apple employee. I just play one on the internet. See what I did there?

Ca
June 23, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Wow....didn't know that every phone call I made would be a threat to national security and give Apple the authority to monitor my phone calls and know my location. As far as i am concerned this is a complete breech of privacy and someone needs to look into this. If this is the case, they need to be forced to stop!!! isn't this called the patriot act? kinda funny how Apple thinks they can use it!! Come on people...there must be someone who can get this story out!!!

Steve
June 23, 2010 at 8:56 AM

This has become personal, Apple.

Matt Macintosh
June 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM

we paid for our iphones, we should be able to do whatever with them!!!

Jimmy
June 23, 2010 at 9:29 AM

How will they send you a message if you're not on AT&T? Haha... FAIL!!

Nick
June 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Doesn't affect me with my android an iPod touch

adrion
June 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM

hehe, i dont know why apple is taking things so damn seriously i mean, yeah it's just a phone, not the world war3. lol, anyway APPLE, we got your phone unlocked even the new bootrom with the help of some men who have big hearts to help people like us BUT NOT YOU!!!

HAHAHA
June 23, 2010 at 10:33 AM

LMFAO, SO TRUE, IM ON TMOBILE SO THEY CAN SUCKKKK IT. I DONT NEED ITUNES ILL USE SOMETHING ELSE.

Tracy
June 23, 2010 at 10:41 AM

EXACTLY!

Da Bus
June 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Seriously, if apple is really smart, they can't do something like this...if they want to risk sales.
If the iPad which doesn't have any carrier locked into it, can sell 2million iPads in 58 days. Then they will hurt the iPhone community with this bunch of crock. Over 75% of my friends have jailbroken iPhones. If apple really does this, well they will lose 75% of my friends support. Please dev team PWN these mother effers. lol

MISCHAF
June 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Total bull shit, how the hell would at&t communicate with the device if it's on t-mobile?

John Murdoch
June 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM

If this is true there's no way in hell I'm getting an iPhone again.
There are a lot of good touch screen phones coming and Apple can
easily loose the lead in that market if they behave like this.
This is outrageous :(

sfonz
June 23, 2010 at 11:06 AM

if thats the case.. with the jailbreak getting taken away every 2 weeks.. i wont b buyin the new iphone 4 as i intended on the first day it came out.. i might wait a week or two and see whats goin on with all this stuff.. cuz honestly..i dont have money to be spending on games and apps when i have a perfectly jailbroken 3gs! i hope this isnt true.. but knowing apple.. it probally is..

Kp
June 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM

iPhone 4 is sold unlocked in Canada and the UK, so they are sort of smart.

Sean
June 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM

People dont seem to be able to get there heads around the fact that its not only apple. other companies will undoubtedly be looking for solutions to take a percentage of users from apples, and would use the same privacy breaching methods to do it. all they want are statistics gathered. Apple wants to know where you are because if facetime fails because of your area and your connection or what not they should know of it to fix it.

Apple doesn't give 2 shits about what you and your mom were talking about, they wont sell your conversation to other companies, or if you were to commit a crime and talk about it, they wouldn't take notice of it. unless of course the police were watching you. there is nothing to be afraid of.

Jailbreaking is indeed altering their software, and quite easily get you free software for your phone. you know its wrong to do it, and apple, naturally doesn't like it. you cant always have your cake and eat it too.

Jojos
June 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM

MuscleNerd says its not true.
www.twitter.com/musclenerd

ipaqz
June 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM

This is BS article. i don't believe people will easily listen to this.. the guy who said that he works for apple he probably works for another company. they just saying this so you guys wont buy the iphone. you guys are idiots to believe on this non sense. i phone rocks......

Ryan
June 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM

If this is real then im very sad that apple is doing this. If not then thank god. I think forcing a person to update there phone is stupid i have friends who havent updated a iphone since they have bought it just because they dont care what firmware its on,just so they can make calls or text. This is all small steps into invading or privacy. If someone jailbreaks there phone then let it be, only care if they brake it and try to return it having the jailbreak software installed. APPLE & AT&T CALM THE **** DOWN!

June 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM

So what?! Everything is public nowadays! Privacy settings are violated by companies like facebook, hotmail and

bob
June 23, 2010 at 12:15 PM

its talking about the iphone 4, its not even out yet.

June 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Oh yeah cause this site has proven to be so trustworthy in the past...

mike
June 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM

i have iphone 4 i got this morning

rossi
June 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM

show me where did i agreed with this when i installd the iTunes 9.2, i just read all that bullshit and did not find nothing about this.

June 23, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Well we agreed to apple's terms and etc. Next time read them if you havent, I honestly dont care if apple gets my information and tracks me down, I have a weapon to use if they invade MY privacy and space.

Jay Pee
June 23, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I say lets wait to see if all this is true... Not everyone is gonna know about this and lots of ppl are gonna get the iphone4 & update to ios4, lets wait and see if there are any complaints in the future that validates this article. Facetime is useless anyway if all of your friends don't have iphone4. It will take a while for all of ur friends to get on board with iphone4 anyway. So lets all just wait it out and see. Not to mention, NO ONE should buy something NEW when it first comes out, its a waste of money... The smart thing to do is wait it out and let all the bugs we all know it will have worked out first, then buy...

E
June 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM

will this >>affect<< whether or not***

Randy
June 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM

well in order to tap into someone's actual facetime video, one would have to know the secure network key, because they cant use att and their 3g network since facetime doesnt run on 3g. with that in mind, federal law will be violated if such hacks are performed into one's network, not to mention one's personal conversations. plain and sinmply, apple and att are not government agencies with the authority to do so, so therefore they have no damn business meddling in people's business. if such problems arise while on facetime, be assured that facetime only works when the other recipient has complied with starting the facetime chat. so it will be that person's fault if anything suggestive appears on ur facetime chat. if this is true, Apple can go **** themselves if they think they can do this. As far as jailbreaking goes, you bought the phone, you can do whatever the hell you want with it, with that in mind, apple also has the right and im sure att does too, to reject servicing your phone while it is jailbroken, i think that it is incredibly excessive to totally null the warranty if you call in for suuport on a broken phone. they should just simply refuse the phone to be serviced. imn leery on an actual Apple employee selling himself out like this, without getting paid heavily for this information. the whole article seems screwy, something isnt totally right with it. Apple will have lawsuits and government agencies if they think they can do any of what that article describes, especially getting into peoples facetime videos. as far as using facetime, ur not using apple services or att services, you are using your own, paid for, wifi, therefore any companies i have no right to mandate what goes on and where it goes on on facetime. it's out of their hands, and im sure, knowing how apple resembles a hoard of jews, would not like to suffer losses and lawsuits.

TGCLEADER
June 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Well actualy you can run facetime on the 3g network I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken and installed unrestricter which allows you to download files from the app store over 20 MB watch higher quality videos on YouTube without bein on wifi and this also works for facetime and be on te 3g network I tested this and it worked =).

chris
June 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM

its going to happen no matter what. soon they will rfid tags inside us. its coming to the end times. read the bible its tell you all whats happpings and they all coming true

TGCLEADER
June 23, 2010 at 1:53 PM

let all join together and sue apple for violating our privacy cause I just read the agreement thew WHOLE agreement from the iTunes 9.2 update and it doesnt say that it does this. This is just like the secure rom lawsuit over spore where in the agreement it never said that it was going to install securom on your computer and is basically like sypware and a lady sued EA and she won so lets do it so that have to change this. But ho[pfully this isnt true. if this is then im leaving ATT and never going to by a ihpne again and ill go with the android incredible and they will lose my business. But I cant see how this will work in september when there will be officially unlocked ipgones in other countries becauser its required by law there. So whey would have to remove the code or something otherwise their phones will lockup.

Proud iOS 4 User
June 23, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Pfft. As if.

Antitrust will be all over this if it's true.

And it's probably not. >.>

Doliveck
June 23, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I read this online earlier, It sounds like a bunch of non-sense to me!!!

June 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I think it can be true bcz 3.1.3 unlock took so much time to be released, and now dev team release the ios 4 unlock so quickly...i think something is fishy out there...apple want us to update our iphone and get trapped!!!! so lets wait n see.....

person
June 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I agree with you a 100%

Brain
June 23, 2010 at 3:39 PM

This could only be true of iPhones working on AT&T, but what about thousands of iPhones working on other networks (unlocked, unjailbroken) in other countries? And what about iPhones jailbroken and working on networks beyond AT&T domain (on independent of AT&T networks). Any inputs?
Brain

jb
June 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I think this is a bad publicity stunt? If not I don't think the hype for the new iPhone should be praised, it should be shunned! I think that if I bought an iPhone, it's mine and if I want to jailbreak it then it's my problem, not Apple's or AT&T's. Other companies don't really care what you do to your "stuff" after it's yours, after all it's mine, I paid for it with my own money (right?), suppose Ford made you give back your truck or sent a shutdown signal to it because you put nicer rims on it because you didn't like the "factory installed equipment"? This is what Apple and AT&t are doing (supposedly) with the new and improved iPhone 4.

Sad 3GS User
June 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM

This article seems to be bogus, but I can tell you this if it is true I am not getting iOS4 on my 3GS and probably won't even get an iPhone 4. I mean yea sure I used my 3G for about 2-3 weeks before i jailbroke it and it was cool, but I can never go back. For many of us we rely on jailbreaking just to use the phone how we want to. I can't go without my little tweaks here and there, as well as sbsettings and toggles, I mean really the list is too long but this better not be true or this will be the first of the end for the iPhone. Sure people will still use it not-jailbroken probably like 80% or more aren't jailbroken, but that 20 or so that is jailbroken, is going to equate in huge losses for att and apple wether they want to face it or not. So hopefully that makes them change their ways, hopefully this article isn't even true but we will see shortly.

GeTheFunkOut
June 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Ok my theory is this the iPhone 4 is going to be cometly badass jailbroken or not so if this is happening it is something people will have to deal with. But if they are sending the location out when someone uses facetime maybe AT&T is trying to increase their service and collecting data. Either way if people bitch enough about it things will get changed no doubt. Or someone will find a way around it so it won't matter..

Mahboub ur Rahman
June 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM

This is so stupid and so funny. Man I dont understand what apple has to do with our iphone, we bought it and its our wish what things we do on iphone.

I dont use sim card on my iphone 3g so I think apple cannot take my Iphone info if I use itunes to add items in my phone without Internet.....

lcurry12
June 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM

3GS, upgraded to iOS 4.0; not jailbroken; authorized carrier Vodafone, Italy. One thing for sure, you can expect poor battery life if you upgrade from 3.1.3 to iOS 4.0. I have about half the battery life than I had with 3.1.3. Some 3GS upgraders are returning to 3.1.3. There will have to be a Apple fix for this soon. See Apple Forum for other comments.

Pat
June 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM

yes the iphone rocks but apple is a giant monopoly why do you think they dont want us to jailbreak out iphones? because we can stop them from taking our privacy. anything you ever do on your phone anything you ever say they know.... along with the government.. we the people are no longer free.

Pat
June 23, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Apple is a peice of s*** monopoly that will have everybit of control it can. just like every giant company. ebay, microsoft, credit card companys, at&t. all they want is money and the more control they have of us the more money they get. iphone is the most popular phone in im guessing the world. and att has all the rights to sell it. im sure apple has an ass load of stocks in att so the more money att makes the more apple makes. by jailbreaking and unlocking iphones we can use them with other carriers which gives competition to apple and att, and doesnt make them as much money. so every time you buy an apple product sell something on ebay or agree to apples terms you are losing your freedom, and life for the taxpayer and working man will get harder...

Matthew
June 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM

The Iphone ROCKS? Sure - all the way to the bottom of the ocean. Apple has screwed the whole thing up by not providing what the end users really want. Anyone that REALLY thinks the Iphone rocks has rocks for brains. It's an OK fone but the Droids actually do what the Iphone should have done all along. But since Jobs/Apple only is interested in money they aren't going to give a rats a$$. Besides, when people have to jailbreak a device to get it to do what they want it to do - there is a sure sign that Apple isn't paying attention to what people want. 4.0: most of the 'features' they're offering SHOULD have been there a long time ago AND many of these 'features' have been in the jailbreak community for over a year now. Apple sucks - so does the Iphone!

dick
June 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM

redneck alert

June 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hi,

I am an employee from apple in the UK. I have got to say that this IS BS! lol. Please disregard this article as none of what has been said is true.

Obviously in the UK we mainly use o2 & Orange and not AT&T but we still pretty much the same rules over the pond as you guys.

Apple might be a big company but they do not have the resources to be able to cope with the amount of data that is said to be sent from EVERY handset out there! Just imagine every 1-2 weeks they send data to one handset to inform of an upgrade, then every week they receive data to tell us if its been upgraded or not, also if its been jailbroken. Then on top of this everytime you send & receive facetime............ Now times that by however many handsets are already out there, let alone how many there will be in 2months!

Oh yeah and incase your all wondering my 3GS is jailbroken and so will my 4 when the JB comes out.

WE STILL SUPPORT ANY APPLE PRODUCT EVEN IF ITS JAILBROKEN - so along those grounds, wtf is this guy talking about? lol.

Rino
June 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Apple may do this and shoot their own foot if they did.specially because apple uses jail breaker community for road map of there os and new features to updates.every thing apple has come out with is just a step behind jb community. Jb community provides direction for adding new feature to ios.moving to android for good if this is true

MacGuyz
June 23, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I work for Apple in California. This is not true. Please disregard.

dClark
June 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Honestly, what a pile of pants. It makes no sense whatsoever to obtain information like that. Im also guessing that the technology used to obtain such details will have been used in previous iOS builds, and if so why hasn't the reported 25% of all iPhones who run jail broken software been "shut down" by now. Im sensing a disgruntled microsoft / adobe / google employee trying to slander apple's good name.

Legend
June 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Apple is Big Brother in the worst form. Does anyone remember how Microsoft was taken to court by the FTC. How can Apple be getting away with this? Even in calling Apple Big Brother I realize we need the real Big Brother "the Feds" to step up and stop Apple from interfering with what owners of iPhones want to do with their own property. Can you imagine what it would be like if manufactures of other products you own did what Apple is doing?
You buy your car and put nice rims on or a better sound system in your car and you get a letter from Honda that says "we have detected you modified your civic. You have 14 days to return it to stock or it will cease to run". Or you install a program on your PC and Microsoft tells you to uninstall it or your PC will lock up. Apple you need to BACK OFF!

Jobs
June 24, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Too all the people who say Android is better than i Phones ? Please I have had both and it isnt even close....

Iphone is like Brazil playing Fiji at Football(soccer). lol

Do you honestly think the Android isnt too much too when it probably cost 20p to make ??

Oh and this article is total ****. Someone has far too much time on there hands and needs to get a shag to vent all their anger at Apple.... lmao..

Meme
June 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Of course the apple employee from UK is going to deny all this is BS.. is their job..

Craig
June 24, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Wait a minute people don't panic yet, you need to stop and think about what your reading. If you JB your iPhone and use it with tmobile or whoever for instance ATT no longer has access to your phone to send it anything. and Apple as a hardware/software provider doesn't have access to send or recieve any info from your phone either. Not only is that a violation of FCC regulations it is illegal. Yes if they find out you JB'd your phone it is within there rights to void your warranty. No ATT and Apple are not going to lock you out of your phone because you havent applied an update. c'mon stop and think before you react.

Mark
June 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Why is this BAD? If you cheat, lie, or steal then you should get your device locked. Although this is a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense, but I wish it were true.

They cannot manufacture these phones fast enough ... and yet you think they are crap? LOL You probably just cannot afford one. Get a job.

lexx
June 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Of course every apple employee is going to deny this they work for apple clearly backing up the company they work for

Hacked up
June 24, 2010 at 2:27 AM

All this does is making me want to switch to another phone and service!! Apple's control freak B.S. is out of hand and AT&T has a $#!tty network. What more has to be said? Did someone say incredible?

Andy
June 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM

WTF is taking so long for Limera1n, I need to get iBlacklist up n running to block a few hoes.

joee
June 24, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Limera1n was a fake

bobby
June 24, 2010 at 3:39 AM

wow im never buying from apple again

Craig
June 24, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Cheat?, Lie?, Steal? ... what? did you not buy your iphone or are you renting it? now dont get me wrong software piracy laws do apply however, it is not illegal to install anything you want on your phone if you purchased it. so unlocking/jailbreaking etc may make apple a little frustrated there is no legal action that they can take YOU OWN THE DEVICE OUTRIGHT. it's no different than buying a PC from a store once you have it you can install anything you want on it bar none (just keep it legal) I know how software piracy/copyright laws work i deal with them everyday.

TSX2010
June 24, 2010 at 4:33 AM

Just an idea, the OTA killers are probabily being sent over push, so on your jailbroken device delete /system/library/launchdaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist

This would completely disable push services, Just an idea.

June 24, 2010 at 4:37 AM

listen to the guy who wrote about att not able yo access ure iphone. This is bull####

June 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM

and i upgraded to 4.0

EX CALIFORNIA APPLE EMPLOYEE
June 24, 2010 at 4:42 AM

when you start working for apple you have to sign a bunch of paperwork. one of them says that you will not talk about apple or post on message boards about apple. or disclose company "secrets"

that being said:

id fully believe any of this information. apple is a sneaky bitch. and do the UK apple employee who said that any apple product will be serviced - even if jailbroken. you are hands down WRONG. i was a mac genius . if you were jailbroken we were instructed to note it in GCRM or iRepair saying that your phone was jailbroken. but if your genius was feeling nice, they'd hand the phone back to you and say "i didnt see this, go restore it to factory and come back."

mIKE BROWN
June 24, 2010 at 4:47 AM

This is fake. They sell unlocked iphones. Why then would they make you have At&t. The fact that they sell them unlocked means you can use them on any GSM carrier. If I bought an unlocked iphone and use it with T-mobile, what am I doing wrong? If they stop my phone from working, they would owe me a refund.

Matthew
June 24, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Just curious: which do you prefer? Is the Droid all they're saying too or is this again more hype? I am honestly curious - before I go shelling out another 300USD. Thanks, yeah, you're right - that article smacks of someone on smack!

Harbmaster
June 24, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Instead of using Ota tooretend update why don't they just allow ota updates and work on that, this is obviously fake

Joe
June 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM

You have to ROOT the droid to get it to do what a jailbroken iPhone can do, so what are you talking about.

Joe
June 24, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I agree Mark is talking complete nonsense he's probably mad cause he couldn't figure out how to JB his iPhone when everyone else did.

June 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM

i have a new name for apple, apple ss. yes i said it the one and only ohone nazzis. i have left at&t forever. i now have a droid incredible and all i have to say is, freedom never felt so good. android unlike apple lets you do what you want. i never owned an iphone i was renting. same goes with all of you, you dont own your phone its a rental. you will never own own it beacause apple has more conrtol over it than you do. untill apple lets us be, it will always be mr job's phone not yours. my house has two pissed off at&t customers and they both say im the lucky one for having the new droid. APPLE HAS THE ABILITY TO BE THE BEST HANDSET COMPANY OUT THERE BUT TO THEM ITS ABOUT $$$$ NOT :) after using iphone for so long, switching to android has given me freedom unlike anything iv felt before on a phone. os 4.0 is nothing but a jailbroken 3gs with a couple more toys.

Funky Chicken
June 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

the software that would be required to do this goes beyond anything that apple currently has, Bloody hell it sound like the script to a james bond film.

Armando
June 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

May be true, but may be also false. Honestly I think this might be false. I can't judge "Alpha" but after thinking a little bit, apple will crash and burn faster than the hindemburg.

Apple's improvements to the iOS are inspired on jailbroken iphones and their apps; for example: Multitasking for iphone came first on cydia installer, Backgroud wallpaper (iOS 4 only) was first availible for winterboard, The AppStore was born because of installer.app and cydia. and so on.

My point is: If apple eliminates jailbroken and unlocked iphones, will be the end for the iPhone.

dabisnit
June 24, 2010 at 2:09 PM

i hope the mandatory updates are not for the jailbroken phones, because i want a jailbroken ios4. that would be a super gay if Apple did that. But I do understand the thing with unlocking the iPhone (UNLESS you bought it in Canada or Europe and bought it unlocked)

>:(

Apple fanboi
June 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM

@Armando - Apple's been trying to eliminate jailbreaking for a long time now... While I doubt very seriously "Alpha" is telling the truth it would not surprise me to find out it's true. I'll see what happens in 12 more days since I jailbroke my iPhone 3G running iOS4 two days ago...

Drummer43
June 24, 2010 at 2:59 PM

my iphone 4.0 is jailbroken and i am a lot happier than most all of my friends who have a droid from verizon and this is all bs anyways so if you believe this crap article than i have no faith for you. This site lost me as a reader the second i read this because why would you post something that you know isnt credible i am a iphone-hacks.com fan

marie
June 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM

how did u jailbreak ur iphone 4?

Hans
June 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM

One of the biggest tech blogs, Gizmodo, posted this too! Now I didn't say it's real. Whether or not you believe it is totally up to you. The Nakodari person who got this information from "Alpha" says he is getting more proof which he will put up soon.

June 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM

If they could do that, the dev team would be all over it like hungry ants at an all you can eat buffet picnic. They have been trying to eliminate the jailbreak and monopolise their devices since they were released and now they have got you all wondering whether JBing will create more problems for you than it fixes. Somehow, I dont think its legal for them to simply lift data from your device. Quite rightly put by Armando however i think if this was true, hindenburg would seem like a 4 days show in comparison with the outbreak of this in the media. I really dont know however whether to stick with my iphone 4 or get an HTC device. wimax and all... we shall see when the jailbreak comes out.

sixajd
June 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I don't tend to believe people who can't spell or use correct grammar in their paragraphs.

Bert
June 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I'm a little leary of this, but am watching for some type of confirmation. I don't have an iPhone because moving to AT&T would not make any kind of sense for me right now. But if this is true I won't be getting an iPhone if it comes to Verizon, either.

June 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM

If this "Alpha" guy is telling the truth, people are going to stay away from Apple products, Macs, iPhones, iPod Touches and Apple TV. I can't believe apple would do such a thing! We bought the products, and we have the right to do whatever we want with it. It's not their business whether we jailbreak or unlock it, and it's breaking our privacy too. Well, Apple, if this story turns out to be true, you've just lost yourselves hundreds, if not thousands of customers and users of you product... and that may include me.

PissedAtApple229
June 25, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Apple has blown it if this is true. I wanted the iphone 4 so bad but Marvo is right. It is like rentinmg an iPhone from them. They need to stop worring about instant money and think of who they can lure in with better features and not locating us every single second. and also the hidden update checking thing is one of the gayest things i've EVERY heard of. They need to pull thier act together...And fast!!!

Dont hate the phone hate the carrier
June 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Ok you guys hate att thats your choise but apples iphone 4 is a new gen in smartphones it is incredibel i think you pepole are taking your hate that you have for att on the iphone 4 and ios4 i think you dont like it then leve it alone the more you blog aboute how they "try to know were you are and wath you do is bull" i mean com on were is the point of apple knowing you location yea if they can see if you jalbroke you phone that can be a problem if they void your warranti but remember thats nothing new its been like thats all the time wath you think they were going to lose million and do nothing , lets be serios you dont want this problem you dont jalibrake in the first place remember you make the "crime" and get cogth you pay the price isent like that in every thing in this sociaty and verison iphone hasent hapend never will iphone is atts baby they are not going to let it go and if iphone ever gos to verison do you think verison is not going to come with sone special super expensiv plan for the phone to me is seems you guys think iphone in verison more money in my saving poket you talke aboute the network been bad plyz atte invested as much as verison made in one year in profit just stay with you android Nd verison if you love it sou much us atte users are happy its like you drive a lambo your gas money is going to be up the roof same thing here

Chris
June 25, 2010 at 6:50 AM

LOL Can't understand how people believe this at all.

A. This guy doesn't work for apple.

B. He writes like a 12 year olds' imagination.

C. He doesn't know "How" Everything magically gets sent and received.

D. This guy doesn't work for apple.

E. Spelling errors don't come from apple employees.

F. This guy doesn't work for apple.

G. I don't understand how this lie got put passed the butt buddy he sent this to via aim to start bs.

Let me take a hit of that crack pipe too brah!

Craig
June 25, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Ex Apple Employee, yes they do have the right to void warranties that is their god given right to do so. but at the same time not even apple nor ATT can violate FCC regulations in regards to privacy. so the sending pushes to my phone to lock it out if i jailbreak it or am not using ATT as a carrier not only don't they do that they don't have the technological capabilities (Apple that is) ATT are cellular carriers and do have the capabilities however, again they can't violate FCC regulations in regards to privacy.

Craig
June 25, 2010 at 7:28 AM

i have seen and even played around with the droid phones, yes they took the open source rules to heart and allow you to do as you wish but the droid phones as an actual technology improvement not hardly. people say give me Linux on the iPhone i'll be happy, well what exactly do you think the OS is? long before droid there was the iphone with you guessed it OSX (or Darwin or whatever you want to call it) it is a Debian based OS. Meaning Linux/Unix based. other than being locked down their is absolutly nothing that the droid can do that the iphone can't given the proper TLC that is.

Craig
June 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Stevey, your right legality is the key word here. it isn't legal and in fact if you google search for FCC regulations and feel like some heavy reading you'll see that pulling data from or sending data to my phone wether or not it is an iphone is illegal without my express permission. and just accepting the end user agreement is NOT accepted as express permission.

chris
June 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Don't be leary. Big companies are like the military, what you see now is old tech. The government shows you tech that is 15-20 years after it's already been used. Big companies do the same thing. Just think of it as a way "Big Brother, AKA NSA" can keep track of you.

chris
June 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM

There is no crime being committed if you jailbreak your phone. The key word is your phone. If you decide to jailbreak it and it voids the warranty that doesn't give them the right to make you change it back or it wont work. That is like saying every person out there who customizes their car has to change it back to how it originally looked or the car company is going to disable its engine. That is just wrong!

Flash
June 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Give me a freggin break..... What horse shi* !!

Ummm... Did we mention he doesn't work for apple?

Plain and simple, jail breaking takes all the good ideas, and let's us all enjoy the device to it's full capacity now. This just prevents apple from claiming future cool upgrades because were using up all the great ideas for capabilities in their future marketing starigies... It's awesome to be able to take a great product, and the end user gets to make it even better!

I'm sure apple hates it, but I seriously doubt they would stop us, because it has a market for hackers as well, which is a huge percent of iPhone owners.

Just don't steal their apps and crack them, or Jobs will get pissed eventually. Now pass that crack pipe! LOL !

Flash
June 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Just for the record...... I can spell, But I'm all thumbs typing on the iPhone. Wink**

Dennis
June 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I have 3.1.3 jailbroke and I'm not updating!! The only thing that I want is the game center. But what good is it without all my cracked games!!!!!

guest what
June 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM

there is a new jailbreak for iphone4 and ios 4 called Redsnow Beta 0.9.5B5-4 i think if u tink this is true then wait it out if u dont there is a new jailbreak this is also good for iphone 3g user caz it allows u to enable multitasking and home screen walpaper

Kyle Berkeridge
June 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

What would be the purpose to unlock iPhone 4 if the SIM is smaller than all the other carriers? Unless some other carriers have a MICRO SIM. Who knows?

dcorsivo
June 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I call bullshit.

If you jailbreak and unlock your phone and use a different carrier, AT&T would have no way of scanning the firmware and baseband on your phone. You phone is not on their network for them to do so.

If you jailbreak your phone and don't switch carriers, AT&T isn't going to care, as you are still making calls on their network and paying your monthly bills. If they try to enforce any standards, their customers will drop their services and pay whatever early termination fee is required. Again, a bad move for AT&T, as they will make much more money if you fulfill your two-year contract.

If there is some enforcement method, it has to come from Apple in the form of iTunes doing a scan of the phone every time you connect to sync your phone, and then turning off you ability to sync until you restore your phone to an unbroken state. But, my guess is that wouldn't work either, as jailbreak devs would surely find a way to spoof baseband and bootroms, much in the same way you can fake your phone UDID now.

So, again, I call BULLSHIT!

S3vSt3R
June 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM

This is bogus gossip.

1. If Apple and att destroy my iphone, they will pay for it. Unlocking my PRIVATE phone and my PRIVATE property is my PRIVATE business. Unlocking is legal. I can see a class action law suite brewing over this.

2. Will at&t kindly ask t-mo to send this "code" on their network? I think you all know the answer.

3. Similar leak was reported from the att employee a few days ago.

It is embarrassing how many people fall for this BS

kev
June 26, 2010 at 3:30 AM

You can get a sim cutter and just cut the sim to make it micro ;)

Captain
June 26, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Not trying to argue, just curious.

About the legal issues over taking data from your phone, isnt it only illegal when personal data is shared, & not device information like firmware, baseband etc?

unh0ly1
June 26, 2010 at 8:01 AM

@marvo: thank you for your comment. youre absolutely right: having an iphone just feels like renting it. im actually thinking about to switch to an android phone such as the HTC Desire, because i want my ability to choose back.
can you recommend android as a better alternative to iOS4?

Hendrik (germany)

Reza
June 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Apple's Terms and Conditions changed!

To provide location-based services on Apple products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Apple and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.

Some location-based services offered by Apple, such as the MobileMe “Find My iPhone” feature, require your personal information for the feature to work.

Apple and its partners use cookies and other technologies in mobile advertising services to control the number of times you see a given ad, deliver ads that relate to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. If you do not want to receive ads with this level of relevance on your mobile device, you can opt out by accessing the following link on your device: http://oo.apple.com. If you opt out, you will continue to receive the same number of mobile ads, but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. You may still see ads related to the content on a web page or in an application or based on other non-personal information. This opt-out applies only to Apple advertising services and does not affect interest-based advertising from other advertising networks.

2cold
June 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM

LOL are you people mental? "Ddcorsivo" preaches the truth! Besides Apple/AT&T was just sued over the unlimited 3g data plan "scheme" for the iPad. So I highly doubt they want to deal with another lawsuit over shit like this, if all this is true... which it isn't! Then both att and apple are bound to get either sued, lose customers, or a bad rep, most likely all three! People have sued them before, and people will sue them again, it's inevitable! FCC would be all over this if it was true. Big time privacy issues...

venkat
June 27, 2010 at 5:22 AM

hi bro. i have iphone with 3.1.2(7D11) & modem firmware 05.11.07 i have jailbroken with blackra1n. but everytime the phone gets switched off its going to recovery mode and i need to jailbreak it again. and i saw ur post and got very impressed as u said u have jailbroken ios4 on ur 3g. can u help in full unlocking my handset with 3.1.2 firmware and also is it possible to jailbrake ios 4 on 3gs. awaiting for ur kind reply.

bobzilla
June 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM

For those saying it's impossible for Apple/AT&T to scan your phone for firmware and baseband, think of it this way: your phone already has a record of what firmware and baseband it is on, and you can see part of this record by going into General>Settings>About. Your phone is in constant contact with the network, sending and receiving signals. How much more difficult would it be for your phone to just also send your firmware/baseband in a text packet across the server to Apple? Perhaps it is not Apple that "scans" the phone, but really the phone that occasionally "checks in." It isn't much of a stretch for this to happen. I'm sure there are tons of regulations against this, but Apple has proven in the past that it doesn't much care if it gets sued or not as long as it gets its way, or puts fear in the hearts of those who would go against them.

bobzilla
June 27, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Mind you, I'm not saying that they will or even would. I'm just trying to explain how it is possible, and even fairly simple, for someone to implement a code like this. Text packets don't take much processing, so no overload on the servers, and apps update all the time, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to force a phone update.

Sambo
June 28, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I do believe this is absolutely possible, however it is more likely that this is purely a ploy to stop people from jailbreaking. With Facetime Apple probably want to monitor how popular it is as this will inform the future development of APPS and possible use over 3G. Just because it was an Apple employee doesn't mean they are intelligent!

HenshinMijin
June 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM

This is a joke.. anyone who believes a word of this article as truth is a an idiot. Plain.. and simple.

~fsKD™

CzaR
June 30, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Seriously, Agreed!

Techy
July 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

First off. Just ask a lawyer. It's called privacy rights. Lawsuits would follow like crazy. Secondly it is possible. Third Jobs doesn't care. Fourth I doubt developers of apple more than likely don't care about this and are most likely not gong to take the time to code this stuff into the updates. There not paid to do that an also if they did that then people that buy iPhone would no longer buy and sales would go down and Jobs wouldn't like that. Stop scaring people and find a new subject. The apple employee was just trying to scare a customer into not "unlocking" apple products.

Eric
July 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM

The article ends: "Do you trust the “Alpha” Apple employee? If this is true, will this effect whether or not you update to iOS 4 or get the new iPhone 4? Let us know what you think about this in the comments."

Do I trust the "Alpha" Apple employee? The "Alpha" Apple employee is anonymous. How could I trust him/her? The real question is: "Do you trust me [the anonymous writer of this article] that I actually got this information from an actual Apple employee?" mmm.... no, I don't trust you. Why isn't your name on your "report"?

Further: "If this is true, will this effect whether or not you update to iOS 4 or get the new iPhone 4?" "IF THIS IS TRUE..."?? Well that's the critical factor isn't it, pretty much indeterminate by anything here?

And don't you mean "...will this AFFECT whether or not ...", instead of "effect"? Well, no. This article by an (unskilled) anonymous writer, quoting an anonymous Apple employee, will not affect my decision to by an iPhone 4. But thanks for adding to the sensationalized spew of non-information.

mike
July 5, 2010 at 5:03 AM

jailbreak and unlock, if it last more than 14 days we know its bullshit, if they lock it up you know its true

Jeff
July 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I call B.S. The only way it "MIGHT" work is if you are connected to at&t's mobile internet. If they were able to check via mobile data network, that would mean they would have to check ALL at&t data phones.

If you are not using at&t with a jailbroken iphone, than this is not possible.

sup
July 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM

even if they did do this, a proper jailbreak / unlock would be able to disable it and / or spoof the information...

santiago
July 6, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Do you really think that Apple has the time and enough servers to keep the information of billions of iPhones that have been sold? I don't think they can know that, I've never gotten a message saying that. Have you? Also, maybe he isn't even an Apple employee. He kept himself anonymous, I can say I am an Apple employee. No one will know the truth because I kept myself anonymous.
Also, if Apple did this, they can get in trouble for violating your privacy rights.

July 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM

You guys are all ******* stupid. Such a waste of time to concern yourselves with rubbish like this. Buy the phone, don't buy the phone, who cares. Google already have plenty of information on you. You're not a name, you're a number. Get over it, and yourselves.

Cory
July 6, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I just ordered an iphone 4 with the new OS. So to answer your question, no it will not stop me from buying.

tutone
July 9, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I feel a little bit dumber having read this article.

July 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I personally think this is fake. I'm no iphone expert but after reading this article and having called apple numerous times, non of their employees speak like this. They will also never release this Information without having a serious reason as to why they have to. You think apple is going to degrade themselves like that? and this article just seems fake. As if someone has tried thinking about how they'd speak and what they would say but over yet under did it. Yeh this is something I know about apple gathering I formation but it's different to this also you can opt out of the info sending stuff. I got a thing on it on my site o to www.ausclan.co.nr and go to iforum. You'll find it there its not hard

blakfyre
July 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM

i agree, look at everything the jailbreaking community has come up with so far. a simple spoof of info would be easy compared to some of the complex thing circulating in cydia.

TheOneTheyCall
July 17, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Well, when downloading iOS 4.0.1, if you look in section 4 it says something along the lines of this. Something like (I don't remember verbatim, and I couldn't copy and paste) that for 'diagnostic' purposes Apple may collect certain data from your phone and that as far as privacy laws are concerned, that as long as they weren't collecting personally identifying information that they're allowed to do this.

I dunno...... this seems fishy. Worst case though, we'll just have to wait a lil longer until they come out with a JB fix.

Dennis
July 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM

First off it is very possible to send the info without us owners knowing it.
Also, it would be perfectly legal to void your warranty based on this.
No, Apple cannot simply "turn" off your signal and disable ANYONES IPhone because no one would buy it anymore. And I could sue the $$$ out of them for disabling my device that I own, not to mention my lengthy contract with AT&T! So I can personally promise my iPhone 4 will never be under 100% control by Apple. They got my money. I OWN IT! They cannot shut it off. I dare them to! Here's the best part..... When I do jailbreak my 4, and should I need service on it, I'll simply do a full restore on it like I do on my 3GS! Done it twice thus far. And you all are so paranoid!!

Nati
July 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Think about it, apple makes way more money once ppl start jailbreaking. That is why apple only takes 30% income of the apps they aren't gaining anything. When people jailbreak and unlock more ppl around the world buy the phone now the phone for another carrier is about 5-700 bucks as opposed apps 40% they r making. Apple profits way more from jailbreaking and unlocking. And for some reason I think they work with hackers to a certain extent. Look at Microsoft they banned xboxs for modding it aka jailbreaking it. They were looking money in games. Apple was smart enough to leave the apps to the users So they won't lose money and I honestly think they maybe working with hackers. Every hacker gets caught n punished at one point ie. Axxo the movie hacker. Jobs had the best techs... Ur telling me dev team n geohot will out due a franchise that has over 100000 techs? Maybe I'm wrong but look at all the other hackers for otter products they've had their day in court. Xbox, sidekick, psp, rapid.org, axxo!

Bobby
July 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I think this is crap. Apple would be screwing itself if this is true because people will sue and no one will buy their phones. Basically I agree it's not true and as said above there is no source so how do we know someone didn't just decide to make something up?

derek229
July 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM

have u guys ever herd of privacy policy

der der der

July 27, 2010 at 1:57 PM

i think apples bullshit. i mean yeah there products are outstanding, yeah its incredible what they do but to know everything about what a person is doing. what the fuck? like why do apple employees need to know im calling somebody? we people who own one of these products should have a little respect and prvacy prior since we paid our good money for it.

SoundsLegit
July 28, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Actually it's MILLIONS, not BILLIONS. Millions of iPhones have been sold. Text data packets are so small it would be easy to have millions of text messages go through the network. Think of how many text messages must be flying around right this second.

SoundsLegit
July 28, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Additional: As for privacy rights - IF you AGREE to the terms in the End User License Agreement and that Agreement says they will collect XYZ info from you at Apple's discretion, they CAN collect it. You can challenge it in court if you like... Hard Drives are cheap.

uc
August 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

i just wanted to understand this ios4 thing i dont really believe the story if it was true they should have been sued already

Mvw0890
August 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM

The truths been twisted the carrier can check everything you do and apple including listening to phone calls, facetime, txt messages anything you do can be checked due to the anti-terror laws e.g. Blackberrys were going to be banned in the UAE because the BBM application couldnt be checked by authorities.

August 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

this is bs. ios4 is awesome, im using it right now . i love it and havent had any problems.

Leon
September 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM

In the digital age, anything is possible. Nothing is sacred.

September 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Dude, It Is Possible For Apple To Communicate Both Ways To Your Phone. Same Ways Microsoft Communicate With Windows Or How Anti-Virus Companies Comunicate With Anti-Virus's User.
This Isn't Complicated. I Will Add That Apple Is Wrong. This Is Just A CellPhone For Christ's Sake. Why All The Complicated Matters? A Phone Will Always Stay A Phone. Somebody Gotta Do Something About This. Why Should I Buy A Phone And Can't Be Allowed To Have Different Sim Carrier? Even If I'm A Traveller Or Tourist. Sucks!!! Maybe Apple Should Just Make Iphones For It's Worker Or The Bosses Wives And GirlFriends.

September 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Apple Is The Highest Selling Phone Company In The World. And Yet, They Are Selfish. Apple Need To Give Freedom To It Products User. Even If One InViladate His/Her Product Warranty. Like Microsoft, You Won't Just Recieve Update But You Will Have Access To Windows.

Corey Edwards
September 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Firstly, why is this idiot at Apple if they dislike these supposed invasions of privacy? Secondly, be brave enough to give your name if youre going to slander your employer. Grow some balls and be a man. Thirdly, try a man-in-the-middle attack on your own router and iPhone and you can see what exactly IS transmitted and where to.

SenorZ
September 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Had an iphone4 for several months and have never received any of these messages. My main concern is app developers putting jailbreak kill switches in their apps when it is no longer "illegal".

December 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM

@Kyle Berkeridge

Unlocked iphone4 means You can use with different network with different country . Normally some iphones are locked by particular provider and particular country. So you cannot switch over from another network and any other country. In this situation you must unlock your iphon4.You can easily unlock your iphone4 by using remote unlock method. If you need unlocking service you can visit this site TheUnlockArena.com here you can get the service and unlock your iphone4 easily.