Home » » Verizon iPhone Release Date and iPhone 4G 4.0 in June 2010

Verizon iPhone Release Date and iPhone 4G 4.0 in June 2010

Written By Unknown on Saturday, May 15, 2010 | 1:16 PM

Verizon iPhone

The Verizon iPhone Release Date rumors are spreading rapidly across the web. One Wall Street analyst estimates that Apple will launch a CDMA phone that will work on the Verizon Wireless network this year. Apple and AT&T originally signed a contract that would allow AT&T to be the only provider for the iPhone until 2012, so if Apple finds a way to cancel that or negotiate something with AT&T then we may see a Verizon iPhone.

The iPhone 4G with iPhone 4.0 software is launching in June 2010. We know that it's real, and most of the features of it have been leaked online. Apple will announce it during the World Wide Developers Conference. The most noticeable feature about the iPhone 4G is the front facing web camera for video chat and the metallic volume/mute buttons.

If Verizon really does launch an iPhone on their network, Apple will get a HUGE amount of new iPhone users. The CEO of Verizon has already expressed interest in wanting to offer the iPhone, so it's now up to Apple to decide whether or not they want to offer the new iPhone 4G on Verizon.

John
May 16, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Adding more iPhone users from another provider, wouldn't that cause mayhem on Apple? I mean AT&T is already giving Apple some trouble with the network and services, adding Verizon would make that worse. Plus Verizon users won't have what most AT&T people have or they might have more. Which is not fair to us AT&T users. Verizon users can use tether on any other smartphone, but not AT&T. So having an iPhone on Verizon is going to be a bad idea, since it's not fair for many people.

erin
May 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM

"One Wall Street analyst estimates that Apple will launch a CDMA phone that will work on the Verizon Wireless network this year"

Basically, some weasels that are skilled at manipulating stock prices are profiting from the huge press and stock activity they get from saying "Verizon iPhone."

T
May 16, 2010 at 7:37 AM

disagree... verizon has very reliable service.

Joe
May 17, 2010 at 5:37 AM

John,

Are you kidding me?!?!? "since it’s not fair for many people." and "Which is not fair to us AT&T users."

Not fair? What are you, 12 years old? That's the way the competitive market works. If it's "unfair" to you, switch carriers. Or, if it's unfair in YOUR favor, give your phone back.

Not fair?.... Disgusting, grow up.

Daniel
May 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Yeah, but Apple doesn't care, and AT&T seriously sucks.. i mean its good where i live (washington state) but i also have a verizon blackberry along with my iPhone, and they have noticibly better service all around. but i love my iphone but the service just sucks... apple should go with verizon and everyone should leave AT&T.

straight forward, point accomplished.

Jackie
May 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM

i also disagree, i think having the iphone with verizon would be the best that anyone has come up with. verizon has excellent service and the iphone itself is great. WHAT A GREAT COMBINATION!!!

Dylan Lane C. Knox
May 18, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Wow people. I have Verizon. I've had many carriers. Verizon would we be great with the iPhone. the best carriers for the iPhone would be Verizon, Sprint, and then T-mobile. And who cares if it isn't fair to AT&T users. THAT'S THERE PROBLEM. And now Apple may not & probably will not release it if at all, for a while. And the Bullshit with Gizmodo is non-sense. Apple wants Gizmodo GONE.

Suki
May 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Verizon is a total rip off. Their prices are a crime, way over priced. I had to change from them cause it was ridiculous what they were charging me, and I couldnt be happier. I havent had a problem since I changed to at&t. If verizon gets the iphone, prepare to see every dam person in the USA using those (like there's not enough people already using an iphone), I even think that their popularity is going to drop a bit.

Ralph
May 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Verizon service is no more reliable than AT&T. Verizon would be in the same shape as AT&T if they were the ones to originally get the iphone. The iphone is a marvelous device but let's face it, it is not the greatest phone and it doesn't place or recieve calls well. All those people out there shouting the praises of verizon will see if they get what they wish for. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give up my ihone for anything but the service provider is not all to blame for poor calls.

Ralph
May 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM

It is only reliable because it doesn't have the iphone.