Home » » Spirit Jailbreak for Windows/Mac works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Spirit Jailbreak for Windows/Mac works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Written By Hans Berger on Sunday, May 2, 2010 | 4:40 PM

Spirit JailbreakThe Spirit Jailbreak released today works with Windows and Mac, but the Cydia software on it is buggy. I've tested it on iPhone, iPad WiFi, iPad 3G + WiFi, and iPod touch and it works perfectly! It jailbreaks in seconds. The Spirit jailbreak download has got to be one of the easiest and quickest jailbreak software since blackra1n.

If you're using Windows, you may run in to an error with the Spirit Jailbreak software. See my Spirit failed to jailbreak (error code: c0000005) post. It's important to note that many applications in Cydia may not work, and some may even give you the Black Screen of Death, requiring you to restore your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. The Spirit Jailbreak is fully untethered so you won't need to jailbreak each time you reboot your device. It uses a userland exploit which Apple will be patching soon, so be sure to try it before it's too late.

Nickmadkiller
May 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I just got this jailbreak a few days ago and let me tell you after trying to wait for blackra1n for a very long time I was great to find this jailbreak.

One of the first things this jailbreak offers is speed,reliability,and very easy to use.It's only a 4.2MB download which makes it easy and fast to get and start jailbreaking.

I currently use WinXP and this jailbreak may take 30 seconds and thats it for the jailbreak.Once it boots up you Cydia and all of that nice stuff a jailbreak should offer.I haven't had any glitches or any sorts of bugs with this.It's untethered as I have rebooted over 10 times with it.

Anyways I recommend this highly.I also recommend getting it while you can before it's patched.

chris
July 28, 2010 at 3:39 AM

does this work on i pod touch 3rd generation with 4.0 OS

July 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM

i done this today on my new 3rd gen ipod touch 8gb
its only 2 days old lol

anyways done the jailbreak on win 7 ultimate and went without a hitch or glitch

seems to have worked as i have a new icon for cydia in spring board

yet to test apps but will sooon

so far great stuff
just stay away from updates

jacampion
August 16, 2010 at 1:47 AM

mine says my ipod is not connected

Koala
August 25, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Does it work in ipod touch 3g 4.0 ?

Brian
August 26, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I have an Ipod Touch that is currently running 3.1.2 and it is Jailbroken by BlackRain. How do I update the OS to 3.1.3 without losing my setup?

Ryan
August 28, 2010 at 2:00 AM

the jailbreak word is clear like in the picture. like i didnt connect myipod just no. any ideas?

safe
September 6, 2010 at 3:39 AM

okay hi guys i wana now how to download this jailbreak thing????