Home » » Download Spirit Jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3, iPod touch 3.1.3, and iPad3.2

Download Spirit Jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3, iPod touch 3.1.3, and iPad3.2

Written By Hans Berger on Sunday, May 2, 2010 | 1:28 PM

Spirit Jailbreak

The Spirit Jailbreak software for iPhone 3.1.3, iPod touch 3.1.3, and iPad 3.1.3 was originally going to be released on Friday, but it had to be delayed by comex because of the iPad 3G. The Spirit jailbreak uses a userland exploit that Apple can easily patch so enjoy this jailbreak while you can. I'll post up instructions on how to keep yourself safe from future updates in another post, for now if you get a firmware update from Apple don't push that update button.

Download Spirit Jailbreak for Windows

The Spirit Jailbreak for Windows can be downloaded here (works with Firefox/Internet Explorer/Safari). Just click on Downloads and click on the "Download Spirit for Windows" link. The latest download link for jailbreaks will always be added in that section.

Download Spirit Jailbreak for Mac

The Spirit Jailbreak for Mac can be downloaded here (works with Safari/Firefox/Internet Explorer). Just click on Downloads and click on the "Download Spirit for Mac" link. The latest download link for jailbreaks will always be added in that section.

Dirty Dobb
May 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Tried on 3.1.2 3GS didn't work, it restarted and got the connect to itunes screen. Not sure if it works with the 3gs on 3.1.2 or I need a fresh install. Plus they don't say anything about the base-band update. What I really want it not to be tethered. Anyone know a solution.

daniel
May 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Tried iphone 3G 3.1.3 and worked. Kudo's 4 the developer!

ValonB
May 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

it works for me on my iPhone 3G S 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 (NEW BOOT ROOM)
Thank you very much!

blob
May 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Worked on my 3GS with 3.1.3 and newest base band. I have never jailbroken this phone before now. (I used Mac based app)

Justin
May 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I did it on a 32GB 3GS 3.1.3 on new baseband/bootrom and it worked fine for me. I have never jailbroken this phone before either. No problems here...

DJV
May 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Cant believe it! Jailbroke my 3GS 3.1.3 MC model in about 10 seconds!
Iv tried everything to try and jailbreak it in the past and nothing worked. But this is amazing. Very happy Many thanks to COMEX.

mat
May 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM

this is meant for 3.1.3 .
to jailbreak 3.1.2 y\use blackra1n .

May 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I have a factory iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3 that I bought brand new in February. I have been waiting for a new jailbreak for a while (even though when 4.0 comes out, I really won't need most of the features I jailbreak for). However, I went ahead and tried the Spirit Jailbreak and it worked rather quickly. I just downloaded the Mac file and clicked "jailbreak" and within like 5 seconds the phone was rebooting and there was Cydia.

The only issue that I have had is after installing the Backgrounder and Music Controls apps from Cydia to run Pandora in the background. Everything was working fine until I installed the Music Controls and then when I tried to run Pandora it froze. I had to "hard reboot" by holding the Home and Power button. But it just stayed on the Apple logo screen. Rebooted several times, it finally booted up. Tried to run the Backgrounder app thinking the problem was in there. It froze again. After about 30 minutes of rebooting and plugging into my Mac, it finally came back on and displayed the Music Controls disclaimer about purchasing the full version blah, blah, blah.

If this happens to you, the trick is IF the phone keeps freezing, to just keep rebooting the phone and plug it into your Mac and have iTunes running. Somehow, somewhere in the middle of this "frozen" power up stage, the phone and iTunes find each other and tries to automatically start syncing the phone which finally enables the phone to boot.

If you install Music Controls to run with Backgrounder and Pandora, be sure to reboot the phone manually a couple of times before trying to use this feature to make sure that the Music Controls disclaimer pops up. Once this happens, the phone seems to be okay and will function as normal.

Dirty Dobb
May 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I got it to work...I tried on the 3.1.2 because I wanted to keep my jailbreak. I wanted to get the bootrom broken. But the cydia and rock aren't 100% compatible with 3.1.3. So I wanted to restore to 3.1.2 but apple won't let you anymore. You have to connect to a server and request to reinstall 3.1.2 but apple denies you the privilege...so they make you update to 3.1.3. So in the long run I updated to 3.1.3 and then jail broke.

To be honest I think my iPhone was acting up before I tried to re jailbreak, because winterboard would freeze every time I would switch boards. It would cause my phone to freeze and reboot, then it would get stuck in hook up to iTunes mode.

I love the iPhone but apple are a bunch of Communist...that's why I jailbreak.

Brandon
May 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Ive tried several times to use spirit to re-jailbreak my 3gs, I froze and had to restore which updated me from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 - it works great until I see bar fill completely the Spirit screen then the timer just spins and it hangs up never rebooting the phone, if i force restart the phone it freezes at the apple screen what gives? I am mac based if that makes a difference

bcfcash
June 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

[...] iPad WiFi, iPad 3G + WiFi, and iPod touch and it works perfectly! It jailbreaks in seconds. The Spirit jailbreak download has got to be one of the easiest and quickest jailbreak software since [...]

help!!
June 17, 2010 at 11:39 PM

damn! i'm the only one whos don't understund nothing :( plz help me, i have windows xp so i download where is "Download Spirit Jailbreak for Windows" i installed it but it open an internet page, and is not for jailbreak my ipod... (sry 4 my inglish)

ddd667
June 18, 2010 at 4:05 AM

where is the download button?? O.o

Abhinab
June 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM

i hava an iPhone 3G...with modem 5.11.07....how can i upgrade to 3.1.3 keeping the carrier unlock?please help

Erik
June 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Does this work with iPod touch 2g 3.1.3?

Josh
June 24, 2010 at 6:06 AM

i have an ipod Touch 3.1.3 and i used spirit and it worked perfect! took like 5 seconds :)

[...] and add more apps that don’t make it to Apple’s App Store. You can get the latest Spirit Jailbreak download links from the downloads [...]

wtfman
July 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM

every time i try to run spirit, it says my ipod touch running 3.1.3 is not able to be jailbroken. so yeah, i'm not too happy about that, considering it says RIGHT IN THE ARTICLE that spirit jailbreaks ipod touches running 3.1.3

Ralph
July 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Easiest and the best

Heather
July 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Help
I have the iphone3G updated to 4.0 version 05.13.04 firmware
How do i jailbreak my phone. I heard cydia and rock are good? How do I keep from loosing my contacts? Does theese phones have sim cards. I need step by step instructions

Heather
July 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I have a 3G with 4.0 version
I need step by step instuctions to jailbreak my phone, not loose contacts, an keep my carrier.
please help me im new here

July 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM

plz help me I have 3gs 3.1.3 5.12.01 boot rom iam having trouble jailbreaking with spirit my it comes up with code 1 error?

ar
July 26, 2010 at 5:46 AM

o yess i have CYDIA now in iphone 3gs 3.1.3 in 05.12.01

thanksssss

TUAN
July 27, 2010 at 1:48 AM

HOW YOU JAILBREAK I JUST SPIRIT AND I LOOK FOR SYN APP IT DIDN'T SHOW ON IT

TUAN
July 27, 2010 at 1:50 AM

i try and jailbreak my ipod touch 3.1.3 2g but when it says jailbreak has completed the cydia doesnt come up when the ipod reboots any ideas why? i need to download the sync app in the itouch it didn't come up the sync app

S.Huggett
July 31, 2010 at 11:59 AM

no one cares about your ipod or iphone fuck off

Khalis
August 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

help i used windows download.i installed then nth happened? it havent even on

August 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Worked in an instant - iPod 1st gen.

You guys are wonderful.

August 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM

When I press jailbreak it says code error: c00000000b or something. Why is this?

Kennyy
August 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Worked, I was very impressed. Nice and Fast :O

rick
August 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM

it worked on me. jailbreaked! now what? how do i get my apps and change my springboard?

roshan
August 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM

hey guys need ur help...i could jailbreak my ipod using this spirit and the cydia icon is also dere on my ipod screen....now after this wat do i do?????plz plz lemme knw....

Etienne
August 11, 2010 at 4:55 PM

when i try to downlowd with mi itouch 3g 3.1.3 it doesnt work its said these words please connect device what does it mean? do i have to open itunes when i try to jailbreak mi touch? anywone can help me?

Cheers
August 14, 2010 at 4:37 AM

ATTENTION PLEASE.
FIrst of all I am very much thankful to you guys.
I have very good knowledge in computer. I did try to jailbreak my ipod touch 3g MC model and I saw lots of videos on youtube and read tutorial but nothing going to work. I used other blackra1n and redsn0w but finally I got this message while restoring my ipod "the device is not eligible.

Thanks to you today my ipod is full jailbreak and I am very happy with this.
All credit goes to you and your site thanks again.

Yes now this site is in my top favorite list.

laurence
August 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM

go on your ipod www.jailbreakme.com and whem the website coumes up slide the bar and its jailbroak have fun

kelsey
August 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM

worked thanks alot (:

vishal
August 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM

can this be used in iphone 2g 3.1.3 ?

Andrei
August 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hope is good

Kaitlyn
August 26, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I keep on having the same problem.

marcos
August 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

wow! took 2 seconds to jailbreak, this is great!

Ryan
August 28, 2010 at 1:57 AM

ok. i got the spirit thing and when i plug my ipod 3.1.3 in, the things stays blank, the thing that says jailbreak. like i didnt even plug my ipod in just now. everything else works but this. idk where to go. help me!

eltipo
August 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM

OMG Jailbreak in only 15 sec thax man work for me in 2g mc model 10.08.10 thank you God Bless U

John juica
August 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I want to get jail break fast and now todayyyy......

Johnny Suede
August 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM

IT worked for me in like 3 seconds! THanks!!!!

rob
September 5, 2010 at 1:55 AM

it worked quickly but now my ipod is has stopped, withe the loading bar fully loaded and the wheel going round.

Fraser
September 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Thank you, Worked 3.1.3. ipod touch 2g

ryan
September 8, 2010 at 10:17 PM

i have an ipod touch and it says it has all worked but is everyone talking about by cydonia and what does this jailbreak actually do

ryan
September 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM

what does a jailbreak actually do does it give me free apps or what and whats the cydia

Tane
September 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

cydia is the app that jailbreak gives you... without it there would be no jailbreak because it is like the jailbreak app store so from getting it you download all the backgrounds and what not...

michael
September 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM

wont work on ois3.2.2 ipad why

patrick
September 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM

I tried this on a 1g ipod touch 3.1.2, and it worked perfect in like 10 seconds, this is awesome :P

kamill
September 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM

it erased my apps all i have now it uutbe stocks weather voicememos settings

prokid
September 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM

the software says ipod 2g 4.0.2 device is not supported

Petunia
September 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Will I be able to download apps without having to purchase them?? CAn I turn off my Ipod touch?

danny
September 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM

how do u work it need imidiete answer

Amber
September 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM

i need help i have downloaded this on to my ipod and when i go in the winterboard and then click theams selet what i want. then hit home it starts to load the theam then freezes goes back to the sleep mode and i go into the ipod and nothing is download i have tryed different theams and my sister did the some thing today on her ipod and hers work like HELP

Amber
September 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM

no but i want help

Amber
September 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM

nvm got it

September 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Please can you help me?
how to download Cydia.

September 17, 2010 at 1:32 PM

hey Friend can you help me please.
how did you you get Cydia on Ipod or, act
I yeally don't know how to get it.
Thank, I hope you.

dudly
September 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM

hold the power button and home button for 20 seconds

Zach
September 21, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Mine worked in one second if anybody needs help ask

me
September 22, 2010 at 8:49 AM

usualy you just have to update cydia that is what happend to me

hypno
September 23, 2010 at 12:56 AM

This works trust me i went thru mad shit trying to jailbreak fw 3.1.3 .... tried downgrading...failed -_- then i saw spirit .... =] cydia rockz!!

BevanW
September 23, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Hi. i jailbroke my pod but never knew u were not suppost to update it... is thee a way i can downgrade from software 4.0 to 3.1.3??? please reply as soon as possible... Thankyou

September 27, 2010 at 6:14 AM

when I downloaded it and try to start it , my virusscanner said it was an virus so DON'T DOWNLOAD IT FOR WINDOWS!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 9:00 AM

what do u do when ur screen is all colors and it wont go away.???

rhianna
September 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM

i downloaded it and it says jailbreak complete but now cydia wont open. ive turned it off and back on. connected and reconnected and not working.... HELP

October 5, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Please give me jailbreak i really need it for calling my friends on my i pod touch please give it to me please

October 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I can't jailbreak my iPod because of your stupid website

Danielle
October 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Does getting this on your iPod erase any of the songs you have?

CJ
October 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM

This worked perfectly!!! this made my struggle to jailbreak my ipod so much faster. JUST A FEW SECONDS

SHABZY
October 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM

WHEN I CONNECT MY IPOD TO THE COMPUTER IT STILLL SAYS ON SPIRIT CONECT DEVICE????? WHATDO I DO

Carly Hill
October 13, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I did everything it reboots but nothing happens, any tips for what I'm doing wrong

janette
October 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM

hi i just want to ask if u were able to upgrade ur 1st gen ipod touch from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 using spirit? how did u do it?