Home » » Verizon iPhone Release Date: June 2010

Verizon iPhone Release Date: June 2010

Written By Unknown on Friday, April 16, 2010 | 1:16 PM

verizon-iphone-release
Verizon iPhone release date is estimated to be in June 2010. Verizon CEO has already expressed interest in getting the iPhone on their network, but he did not confirm or deny whether Apple is making an iPhone that will work on Verizon.

The CDMA network that Verizon uses is different, so Apple would need to manufacture new iPhones that support the Verizon Wireless network. June 2010 is a good estimate for the release date because Apple released the other 3 generations of iPhones during this month. WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) is the place where the Verizon iPhone with the new iPhone 4.0 is expected to be released. Will you switch to Verizon if they get an iPhone? I know I will, AT&T's connection does not work in many parts around my area.

April 16, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I would switch to Verizon in a heartbeat. No way would I keep using such an awesome phone on a poor network like AT&T. I say June is not soon enough.

Odin
April 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Hell yeah il switch my company I work for will give me 20% off for there Corp phone with is verizon

Toni
April 16, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I won't change. hell no. I had them for years and always got overbilled etc I'll stay with AT&T or maybe sprint will have one also.I also travel to Europe to visit familly and am glad that I can use my iPhone there cause of same tech.

Odin
April 17, 2010 at 3:40 AM

I shit u guys not I had criket for two years and never got a dropt call tell I came to AT&T I put that on my job

Lorraine W. Pereverziev
April 17, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I have been watching and waiting with baited breath for Verizon to release (or get a hold of) the iPhone! I will wait in line for that when I never wait in line for anything. AT&T has the worst service possible in our area and so there are a huge number of us who cannot use them, iPhone or no. But with Verizon offering the iPhone, they will win not only those of us anxiously waiting, but a whole host of AT&T customers that want/need their iPhones w/o the aggravation of the carrier!

Ray
April 17, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I can't wait for this to happen!!! I love Verizon and I so want the iPhone. Thank God!

Christine A.
April 18, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I'm holding off on renewing with AT&T in hopes that Verizon will get the iPhone. Even if Verizon doesn't get the iPhone this year, as long as they confirm that they will get the iPhone eventually, then I would gladly pay the $350 disconnection fee & go to Verizon. I've had Verizon since I was 18, then switched to MetroPCS, and I'm now on a family plan with AT&T & I must say, I've never hated service on a mobile device more than being with anything other than Verizon. When I had Verizon, I never had dropped calls, my mobile devices were always fast, they always kept up with my texting and data usage, I had service any and everywhere & I find it ridiculous that people pay $400 for an iphone that gets no service in their homes. AT&T cannot keep up with Apple & that's why I hope Apple moves to Verizon.

Mary
April 18, 2010 at 1:58 AM

YES!!! I will switch to Verizon in a heartbeat if they get the iPhone~ tired of dropping calls all over San Francisco with ATT

iHail
April 19, 2010 at 2:07 AM

i dont think that Apple iPhone will be released to Verizon think about it there has been no report of CDMA chips being shipped to Apple!

Scott
April 19, 2010 at 3:21 AM

@iHail

Apple does not build the devices - they tab manufacturers to make them for Apple. On that note, what's created the latest BIG buzz in the rumor mill is the March 30 WSJ online article where the writer "named" a manufacturer in So.Korea that is supposedly building the CDMA iPhone, "The CDMA iPhone model is being made by Pegatron Technology Corp."

We'll see...

Eric
April 19, 2010 at 4:19 AM

It must just depend on where you live. I have never had any problems with AT&T. Never have a dropped call and seem to get good reception all the time. I wouldn't switch. Especially considering their service costs more.

dante9a
April 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I was tempted to go to Verizon if they got the iPhone but honestly the coverage where I live is not bad not great but not bad enough to switch. The main reason is Verizon's 3g network doesn't have all of the features that AT&T's has one key feature that I wouldn't be able to do without is talking & browsing the web or using any application that uses an internet connection. For Verizon customers that haven't had that feature it will be an upgrade to have an iPhone but to those of us who have experienced a 3g network that allows you to multitask such as I explained, it would be a step down, in my opinion.

Rocky
April 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I will leave AT&T provided there is no change in service with Verizon. I've had 3 iphones since they launched, got one on the launch day for the original model and then again for the 3G. I've been an AT&T customer for 14 years, I've never switched, always paid my bill on time, etc. Last month my 7 year old neice threw my iphone in the river, lol! Not funny at the time. I went to Apple and then AT&T and because my contract was not up, they charged me $200 more than retail for the phone because I was not due an upgrade. I called multiple times, talked to supervisors, explained that I am a 14 year loyal customer and dont think I should have to pay more than a new customer off the street. They disagreed. I wanted to tell them where to stick it but I love my iphone and dont want to live without it. I sucked it up and paid but told them the second another company offers iphone service, I'm cancelling and leaving. I mean it too, just off of principle, I'll pay the cancellation fee and move. I hope verizon or sprint get it soon.

Jon
April 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I have had my third iPhone now and looking forward to number 4. I just hope ATT will get it because I really like their service. I don't want to switch to verizon but I will if they are the only ones coming out with the fourth generation iPhone. Please ATT if you are reading this do what ever it takes to get the iPhone again. I hate to see 20 million people switch to verizon including myself.

Tj
April 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM

How many times have we heard this... People keep throwing this out there.. Apple does not need V... V needs Apple.. Look at the earnings announced yesterday 8.7 million sold more then double the amount sold the same time last year and without V. V needs to kiss some serious A.. If they want the Iphone.. The ball is in Apples court V needs to play by Apples rules and we all know that V doesnt want to!.. PS... the prototype that was found had a slot for a Sim card... No Verizon for that phone

Kit
April 22, 2010 at 5:01 AM

?

How does the fact that it has a Sim card slot mean that it can't be on Verizon? Verizon uses them to. Walk into a Verizon store, and pick up a brochure listing their smart-phones. About half of them have Sim cards.

DM
April 22, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Just FYI - Verizon phones do have SIM cards - the Blackberry Storm has a SIM card.

April 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I am still hard pressed between the Android and the IPhone. IPhone is winning for me, and my contract for Verizon phone expires in just a few months. Timing could not be better for me to get an IPhone from Verzion. I wonder if my wife would kill me if I got an Android too?

Wendy
April 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Actually Verizon does have phones with Sim cards. All Verizons global phones have Sim cards. According to the specs of the phone...its definitely not for AT&T. They have a hard time with their network as it is. Besides, Apple has a great product that is getting a bad rep due to the network that carries it.

Jack
April 24, 2010 at 6:33 AM

I move to the North Phoenix Area Anthem 5 years ago with Cingler now ATT and they kept telling me that they were going to fix the cell site near me. after 2 years I had to leave ATT for Verizon because I could not get any Signal in my area. Verizon works great her and all of AZ. Hope to see the iphone at Verizon also been a Mac user for over 20 years.
Jack

Michael M
May 14, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I used to have Verizon and switched to ATT back in Nov of last year to get the IPhone. ATT is the worst carrier in Los Angeles, drop calls all over the place and all the time which I rarely if ever had a dropped call with Verizon. I have Verizon for my business phone now but I will for sure be moving back to verizon again for my personal phone. ATT SERVICE SUCKS. I saw an add that says ATT cover 97% of American but forgot to mention that their drop rate is as high as 25% with one of the worst customer satisfaction ...

[...] Date will be pushed to 2012, if AT&T and Apple still have their exclusivity. Some analysts had estimated 2010 as the release date of the Verizon iPhone. We can only see an iPhone on the Verizon Wireless [...]

[...] Date rumors are spreading rapidly across the web. One Wall Street analyst estimates that Apple will launch a CDMA phone that will work on the Verizon Wireless network this year. Apple and AT&T [...]

[...] Verizon iPhone Release date is a hotly debated topic, so all I can say is it can be 2010,2011, or as late as 2012. It also depends on whether or not AT&T and Apple are still tied [...]

[...] Verizon iPhone Release Date is getting closer, it could be 2010, 2011, or 2012. All we know is that in 2010 there will at least be an iPhone 4G. If AT&T and [...]

(g
May 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Heard from an AT&T tech that when they absorbed Cingular, they gained coverage across the country, but LOST coverage in Los Angeles, due to some sort of tower-sharing issue. She said that if we AT&T customers find a dead zone, we should report it, and that they'd build a new tower there asap. Well, when something seems too good to be true, it usually isn't. My coverage improved by about 10% in 2 years. I for one can't wait for Verizon to have the iPhone. They actually lowered my bill once because I wasn't using all my minutes, changed my plan, and didn't make me re-up for another two years...I thought I was dreaming, but was told they'd rather keep happy customers...go figure.