Home » » limera1n: Jailbreak 4.0 for iPhone 4G,iPad, and iPod touch

limera1n: Jailbreak 4.0 for iPhone 4G,iPad, and iPod touch

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, April 26, 2010 | 4:20 AM

limera1nThe limera1n software is purportedly an iPhone 4.0 jailbreak tool by geohot. He registered the name limera1n.com shortly after he announced his untethered jailbreak. You may be able to jailbreak 4.0 for iPhone 4G, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with limera1n.

The limera1n download is not out yet, however you can click here to download iPhone toolbar now and be notified as soon as it's released. The source code of the limera1n website indicates that Geohot recently updated his website and added a Google Analytics code now that his software has already gotten a lot of buzz. You can expect limera1n release date to be in June because Apple may patch the exploit if Geohot releases it earlier.

April 26, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Haha Geohot specifically said that people who are expecting a jailbreak on the 30th are gonna be disappointed because its not gonna happen

cHrIs
April 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

He should have named it bluera1n, cause as it says in the source info "WTF, is lime even a color?" lolloolololol. Geohot makes me go lol

HMS
April 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Is it gonna be a unlock too?

Gary B
April 27, 2010 at 6:26 AM

So I can only assume that Apple stumped everybody with 3.1.3 since nobody is jbing it on ipod touch 2g mcs and 3gs.
I mean apple isn't going to patch it now that 4.0 is coming out soon, right.

Joshua Cao
April 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM

will this jailbreak 3G 3.1.3 ipod touch

winly
April 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

The 3rd Gen 8GB,32GB,64GB are now stuck on Downgrading.
8GB was error 28, 32 and 64GB are locked to downgrade.
could Geohot help on this? i'm hoping on newest jailbreak tools, my wifi is unable right now.

Brian P
May 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Apple didn't stump anyone. Everyone is just to lazy to jailbreak it. I know the iPhone Dev-Team said that those using Blackra1n(or any other jb tools) with 3.1.2 should not update because they were not going to spend the time with jailbreaking it because it was such a small update. My hypothesis as a software developer myself is they found the hole in 3.1.3 and didn't release a jb because they wanted to make it simple to jb 4.0. The exploit found in 3.1.3 would, in theory, be the same as that in 4.0 if Apple didn't plug it. Since the iPhone Dev-Team had the jb for 4.0 in one day, one can only assume that they already knew where the exploit.

Joera Bill
July 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM

when axevtely is it gonna be released man...it's more than 3 months that i'm waiting for it,,,,,damn/

July 21, 2010 at 4:14 AM

I recommend Spirit (www.spiritjb.com) for iPod touch 3G 3.1.3 jailbreaking. Who ever is on 3.1.3 stay on it because spirit will jailbreak your 3.1.3 firmware. Spirit is untethered when jailbroken. I had my iPod touch 3G 3.1.3 and I read on a site how to upgrade jailbroken firmware on 3.1.3 and I failed.

Squeezie007
July 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I think limera1n will be very helpful for people who didn't know about jailbreaking, upgraded, found out about jailbreaking and got really annoyed. This is gonna be good!

Dogzday
July 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

C'mom guys. GeoHotz has almost no doubt quit jailbreaking. He closed his Blog and made his Twitter private. Most likely George Hotz was influenced to line up his pockets. Amazing what money can do to people. Apple doesn't want this happening, although today is Jailbreak Day. Everyone should hold off for the release of 4.1 and we rely on Dev Team. George Hotz is a disappointment, but he's sane enough to accept the money. I'd do the same in his position. Your in luck, though, if you have your SHSH blobs from 3.1.2, I have 3.1.3 SHSH's. I guess I'll wait...

JSource
July 28, 2010 at 3:22 AM

In case people dont know GeoHot retired from the hacker scene

Rahul
October 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM

not working on my phone. I'm already on 3GS 4.1 & when I connects my phone & click the button "Make it Rain", it just says "waiting for the phone" & then nothing happens.

Please help.

Nergon
October 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM

HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS SAVED!

DOWNGRADE FROM 4.1 TO 4.0

Step-by-step Guide:

- Download Limera1n and run it. after it finished it will say that ur iPod got succesfully jailbroken. it won't be jailbroken!

- Download iOS 4.0 (Google for it)

- Re-run Limera1n again and have iTunes opened BUT dont complete the Limera1n jailbreak this time. Let Limera1n put ur iPod into recovery mode but don't help limera1n by getting it into DFU mode (So DON'T press the home + power button this time)

- iTunes should see that ur iPod is in recovery mode. hold Shift and click on restore (SHIFT+RESTORE). Now select ur previously downloaded iOS 4.0 and let iTunes do the job for u :)

- After iTunes is done u should have iOS 4.0 on ur iPod 2G MC. Now we're gonna JB it by going to the iPod browser (SAFARI) and surf to Jailbreakme Slide to JB and voila ur done.

This worked on 2 out of 2 iPods. Both 2G MC models. 1 previously jailbroken with SHSH Blobs saved and 1 Clean iPod never been jailbroken.

Please Reply and let others know if it worked :)

PS. THERE ARE NO WORKING JAILBREAKS FOR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC-MODELS ON IOS 4.1 AT THE MOMENT