Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 4G

Jailbreak iPhone 4G

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, April 19, 2010 | 9:32 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 4G

The iPhone 4G phone is coming in June (photo above is a concept), and there's no doubt about it. After all, that is the same month Apple always holds their WWDC conference and announces new products and software releases. Along with iPhone 4G, the iPhone OS 4.0 software is launching. Will we be able to jailbreak iPhone 4G? As we noticed with the launch of the iPhone 3GS, Apple patched the 24kpwn exploit which required users to jailbreak their iPhone after every reboot. It is likely that Apple blocked the exploit that even allowed a tethered update.

Without being able to jailbreak iPhone 4G, iPhone 4G users will be forced to only use applications that are officially available on the App Store. iPhone jailbreak users will no longer be able to fully customize their device. I really hope Apple isn't successful in patching the iPhone 4G, otherwise I'm getting an HTC Evo 4G and saying goodbye to iPhone. Would you buy an iPhone 4G if you couldn't jailbreak it? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

April 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Question... Why post a concept image when the real deal has been leaked, fondled, photographed, and caught on video? Gizmodo's post has gotten 2.7 million views so far--and it's not slowing down.

Hans
April 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Just made a post with the real image here:

I like the concept image better though. ;)

Nick
April 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I would. Jailbrekaing is great, but not needed. Especially since iPhone 4.0 will have multitasking, folders, custom wallpaper, and other stuff most people jailbreak for...I would miss certain themes though :(

Marcelo Reis
April 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM

With out JB, I'm sure to give android a serious cosideration. Not HTC, since I've had my share of problems with their hardware, but the Samsung Galaxy S.

Kieran
April 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Geo hot has done a jailbreak untetherd for the 4.0 software so this might work with the new iPhone 4g since he hasent released it yet apple won't no what he's done to jailbreak it which means they can't patch it.... :)

Dman
April 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I have to honestly say, I hate my iPhone being jb, it's so unstable...but I have been spoiled with certain jb features, that it will be hard for me to go back...I hope they don't find a jb for iPhone 4.0/4G, apple placed those blocks to keep their product safe, yes it gives them way more control, but still I would rather have a stable product that was already awesome, then an unstable product that is trying to be better...

hussein
April 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM

the whole point of holding an iphone is to have fun with its awsome applications now there is no way i would pay 6 dollars or 10 to have a game from the app store id rather jailbreak it thanks to you guys ive been happy with my iphone but now all apple is doing patching up their stuff is just loosing money

Armando
April 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

A unjailbreakable will be the end for apple's improvement ideas. Let's face it, the dev-team, geohot, bigboss hackulo.us and many other developpers made what the iPhone is today.

without the fist jailbroken iPhone there will not be any app for the device, no multitasking, no customizable background, no bluetooth improvements.

Apple steal's ideas from the dev-team and makes them a little bit better in appereance but not in performance, I'm able to have multitasking on a 1st gen iPod touch; steve jobs said and I quote "ONLY iPHONE 3GS AND IPOD TOUCH 3RD GEN WILL BE ABLE TO RUN MULTYTASK BECAUSE OF THE HARDWARE[...]"

Having a unjailbreakable iPhone will kill once and for all apple's iPhone franchise.

tough but very true

Nikil
June 17, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Hey Armando,

How did you get ur 1st gen iPod touch to multitask. I want to do that. What did you do?

Thanks!

Jeffery
June 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Well for the user that says jb is unstable lol wow dude theres just somthings dont mix that's why you got unstability trust me i had the samething when a newb but now i have been jailbroke since 2.1.2 and never a problem..

as =I said ssomethings just dont mix not dont be saying you hope there isnt a jb just cuz you dont like it I love it and I will be jb the 4.0 and the iphone 4 myself but I no what to mix and what not to mix.

I hardly ever multitask on my iphoen I do have backgrounder downloaded but hardly ever use i hardly find any reason to use it now stop moaning and weeping please we all dont like jb but most of use do and will still jb the 4.0 wow you can use a background i wanna theme the hole thing myself icons and all

wow you can multitask ehhhh ok thats cool but i hardly use it

I want the iphone4 before i even think about the os 4 really I want it for hardware upgrades I like my jailbreak no i love it and will alway jailbreak until apple gets there head out of there £££ and gets the right devlopers on there team if they would had the right devlopers or allowed them to do what they want we would have had everything we asked for from day one but n o they want to hold back but I cant boydcot appl for this seeings they make the best stuff...

Thank you I am done I hope this cures some of the whining on here...