Home » » Jailbreak iPad with blackra1n, after iPhone 4G

Jailbreak iPad with blackra1n, after iPhone 4G

Written By Unknown on Friday, April 9, 2010 | 12:44 PM

blackra1n iPad jailbreakGeohot has just made a blog post with a screenshot confirming that he has been able to jailbreak iPad on firmware 3.2. Geohot is a reputable iPhone hacker, and we can trust that he is not faking his screenshot. You can see a blackra1n icon and a Cydia icon in his screenshot. The blackra1n iPad jailbreak is not out yet, but we can expect Geohot to release it after June, when the new iPhone 4G is out.

If Geohot releases the blackra1n iPad jailbreak before iPhone 4G is released, Apple can easily patch the exploit he is using for the iPad.

GWB
April 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

So a jailbreak won't be released to the eagerly awaiting public for another three months at the very least, even though the iPad jailbreak could be released RIGHT NOW if geohot so chose? That sucks for my iPad owning ass, eh?

GeoFag
April 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM

This is a joke! Release it now... we have all waited months! We dont want to have to wait another 3 months, and we want the jailbreak NOW!

Danny95
April 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM

How are people so sure that there will be a iPhone 4G. Unless apple goes over to sprint witch I don't see happening because the ipad 3G is gonna be over AT&T's network not sprint or verizon.

Oliver
April 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

How long do we have to wait for it another 3 months?? Come on release it as soon as possible Im tired for waiting!!!

April 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

when they say iphone 4G they are not talking about sprints "4G" network they are talking about the fourth generation iphone...

johnny
April 9, 2010 at 8:52 PM

He should release the jailbreak before iphone OS 4.0. The iPad doesn't get this update until "Fall", so we'll have a lot of time to play with it before it gets patched.

rush
April 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

come on release it now
i upgraded my 3gs phone to 3.1.3 firmware and its a brick now

daniel
April 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I think the reference to 4G is mostly about the OS being upgraded to 4.0 ....

Ravi
April 10, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Whoa. You guys will be crying I want iPhone 4G jailbreak and all the next gen devices. iPad is just a start. When apple made a patch on iPhone 3GS it took a lot of work and just don't want to ruin it for the iPad that came this month. And iPhone is coming on CDMA network.

Jt
April 10, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Because it's an iPhone 4g regardless of network as in 4th generation iPhone.

Dman
April 10, 2010 at 7:04 AM

As soon as the new iPhone comes out on CDMA I'm switching, both sim based netwrpk providers suck, sorry AT&T isn't cutting it anymore

Maggot Corps
April 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Just release the jailbreak's already. It's kinda stupid to wait, Apple is always going to patch the exploit every time they jailbreak. If we can jailbreak now then do it. That way these "hackers" can get ready for whatever Apple throws at them next.

Nahkard
April 10, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Ummmmm??? They have already released the software!

Nahkard
April 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM

If you want the jailbreak so bad, create your own jailbreak. These guys are pretty smart and I am sure they are only trying to ensure we can continue to jailbreak the device in the future. Thanks to all of those who create these jailbreaks for us!

ipaqz
April 11, 2010 at 2:29 AM

this people are demanding wow. its not like were paying for the jail break its free and you guys should be thankful for it. f@cking lechers.

Aj
April 11, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Would you rather have a jailbreak now that gets taken away in 3 months or get in 3 months that lasts a lot longer?? Patients a-holes! Thanks Geohot for working so hard for all of our benefit!!

ajs.
April 11, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Although, it is true that Apple will always patch an exploit. Has that ever stopped the iPhone Hackers to release a Jailbreak? I don't understand why so many people have had to wait so long for a Jailbreak & Unlock for the iPhone OS 3.1.3... Though I am fully supporting the hackers choices here, it has been said that Apple covered so many that it's getting harder to find exploits..though, GeoHot Jailbroke an Apple iPod Touch 3G in 2.5 days.

I'm an iPhone 3GS user needing an unlock and jailbreak, but I'm not exactly going to email and comment on every single post I see about the Jailbreak being held off/back. I'm waiting patiently & will donate to the hacker who brings out the JB&Unlock first.

Seriously people, stop attacking them and just wait, we've waited this long..we can wait a tiny bit more for an even longer Jailbreak, since we wont be stuck on 3.1.3 waiting for a 4.0 JB to be found? Think about it :)

patience
April 11, 2010 at 9:45 AM

All I heard of "blah-blah-blah...blah-blah...i screwed up my phone now someone else fix it....blah-blah..."

Is that what you all heard?

GeoFag
April 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I agree with you, but enough is enough! Its time...

Mike
April 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM

When and IF it ever comes to Sprint, I will be the happiest person on earth... As of now, I use my phone as a phone and my jailbroken iPhone (2g) for everything else. Thanks to Jabra for the Halo headset that allows me to use both at the same time. Stereo music from the iPhone (A2DP Hack) and phone calls from 2 different devices on one headset. Things are as good as they get for now...

Miley Cyrus
April 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I agree... dont put it out till after 4.0 firmware... better yet wait till 5.0 or 6.0.... like apple dont have hackers on their team that looks for holes after the apple spys come back with the info... I would like an untethered JB for 3.2 and then wait a longtime till someone offers 4.0 for touch for free... Im not giving anymore money to apple

GeoFag
April 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM

John
April 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM

yes you are right buddy, all of these ass holes are waiting for new os4 or 4g
without these 3 parteis in the whole world there is not a single man who can release a JB for 3.1.3

Bell
April 12, 2010 at 2:47 AM

do it yourself stupid if you are so smart, or shut your whole and just wait. hate people like you

GeoFag
April 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I will jizz on you

JRock
April 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Just release the effing thing! There are always new exploits in every firmware update.....AAAALWAAAAYSSSSS!!!! But I guess that just depends on how good you are...

DahMan
April 14, 2010 at 1:07 AM

How have you been waiting for months for an iPad jailbreak? The iPad has only been out for two weeks! Seriously, develop some patience.

anon
April 14, 2010 at 7:48 AM

they meant the ipod touch 3g...

Nickmadkiller
April 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM

If it comes out in June I'll be happy cause my birthday is in June :D.We can wait a while.

enough is enough
April 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Exactly! Be thankful we've all even had the chance to jailbreak. It's sweet! it's awesome, so you downloaded the newest firmware, yeah you screwed up, you're paying the price. GET OVER IT!

Tony G
April 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Your logic doesnt make sense, if you knew anything about software you would know that the only way to create a patch is to see how it was exploited in the first place, Geohot has a huge stepping stone created in jailbreaking OS 4.0 so what ruin that....and GeoFag is an immature kid, who has no logic, dont waste the time of day with his bullshit

Mad Max
April 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM

A quick jailbreak for firmware 4.0.... Waaaay more important! Be patient. If you plan on bein an apple head, you better get used to exercising patience.

is a virtue
April 15, 2010 at 3:22 PM

thats all i hear

MacVirtuoso
April 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Those who are whining about Wanting the jb now don't deserve to use or even understand the jb concept. These are the nuts that upgraded to 3.1.3 and bricked their phone. Seriously! Shut up! And let the big boys & girls do the work!
All of that to stir them up a little more but a major 'THANKS' to all of the hackers that make jailbreak happen and the 3rd party apps!

Akira
April 16, 2010 at 2:57 AM

I really can't wait for this jailbreak to be released but I will for future purposes. Everyone, just wait. If ur 2 much of a pus*** to wait, then find one yourself. None of you that have ants in your pants even know what the inside of a computer looks like so shush up :)

HMS
April 20, 2010 at 1:01 AM

When you guys say firmware 3.2 do you guys mean 3.1.3 or 3.1.2?

April 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

If your all patient, I will release the JB next month!

Anthony
April 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Thanks GeoHot for your reassurance, I am waiting patiently! BTW, will you be releasing a jailbreak/unlock for 3.1.3 new baseband at the same time? Just askin in case because I have a frozen iPhone here in New Zealand man :(