Home » » Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.3

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.3

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 | 7:29 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

The iPhone 3.1.3 update that Apple released today required users of jailbroken iPhones or iPod Touches to wait for a new jailbreak software to be released before updating. This jailbreak is for 3.1.2 but may work for iPod touch 2G 3.1.3, iPod touch 3G 3.1.3, or iPod touch first generation.

If you want to just jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.3 you can try the old jailbreak and see if it works, if not then you will need to just wait for updates here.

• iPod touch 3.1.3 download (iPod1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)

• iPod touch 2g  3.1.3 download (iPod1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)

• iPhone 3g 3.1.3 download (iPod2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)

Note: Do no't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.3 with blackra1n

1. Download blackra1n
blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak - make it ra1n

2. Click the make it ra1n button.
blackra1n icon - iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak

3. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it's thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don't see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.
iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak - select applications

4. Install your preferred aplication from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Icy, or Rock. I don't recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with PwnageTool

iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak and unlock - Pwnage Tool 3.1.4

1. Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 (only works with Mac!)
PwnageTool for iPhone 3.1.2

2. You will be creating a custom IPSW and then restoring it through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, read my jailbreak iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool post which gives step by step instructions.

iTouch
February 2, 2010 at 8:10 AM

The iTouch 3.1.3 update is so annoying, I just jailbreaked 3.1.2 and have to do it again!

isaac
February 2, 2010 at 9:00 AM

no me animo a dejar la (3.1.2) por que no se si el BLACKR1NE PUEDE JACKEAR la nueva version de 3.1.3 si alguien ya lo hiso y si lo jackeo porfavor diganme por que si lo actualizo y no se jackea ceo q ya no hay forma de volver al la version anterior ya que yo tengo el ipod touch 1g.
gracias

steve
February 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM

same, but how long does blackrain take to jailbreak the 3.1.3 firmware, my just stays at the itunes and usb plug screen

Wade
February 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM

U cannot jailbreak ipod with blackra1n if u have the new 3.1.3 version. The ipod will only stay in restore mode. wait for new jailbreak method

ALIEN
February 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM

i heard that geohot wont be makig another blackra1n for the new 3.1.3 version

Austen B
February 2, 2010 at 5:28 PM

this is true. they are saving up for a huge jailbreak for the 4.0 ipod/iphone and ipad

Evilbroken
February 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I think that is possibly more of a rumour than anything, i am sure Geohot wont give up like that, and i pretty sure he is possibly working on it as we speak right now.

Daniel
February 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM

I have Jailbroken my ipod and downloaded GTA and stuff...
then I put it off..
when I put it on again it says I needed to connect with Itunes and said I needed to restore it!
now I've got 3.1.3 and can't jailbreak it any more!
What do I do???
wait for blackra1n???

Markus
February 3, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Am i able to jailbreak my iPod Touch (2g) 3.1.3 with Pwnage tool on my mac? Is it possible?

anonymous
February 3, 2010 at 9:11 AM

do not use blackra1n for ipod jailbreak. it will say wait for reboot but wont unless u restore. wait for another jailbreak. i just lost my jailbreak.

February 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

is this untethered??

calbysaysthissux
February 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

this sux i jailbroke my ipod last nite now this shit happend

February 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM

WOW this sux!!! I updated my itouch and I get this!!! This pisses me off! All the games I have wont friggin work! DAM*

Ryan
February 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM

THIS SUCKS BLACKRA1N WILL NOT WORK ON 3.1.3 I JAILBROKE MY ITOUCH NOW IT MADE ME UPDATE MADE!!!!! NOW I CANT JAIL BREAK IT AND I CANT PLAY MY FKING APPS AND I JUST SPENT 80$ ON A NEW WIRELESS ROUTER JUST FOR MY ITOUCH APPLE SUCKS

Chickenman
February 5, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Unless Apple was able to convince GeoHot to not jailbreak. Maybe he's now on their payroll.

Tanner
February 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM

hey guys, yes ipod 3.1.3 will work with pwnage tool and if you tried jailbreaking it wiith firmware 3.1.3 with blackra1n its not gunnah work and yull need to resore your ipod again and ither use pwnage tool or downgrade it to 3.1.2 and then you will be able to jailbreak it with blackra1n anyone need extra help email meh with yur problem and some info on it on how it got that way!

Chris
February 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM

F*ck man I lost all my apps!!!! This is soo stupid... I tried to jailbreak it again with blackrain nd it didn't work. When will I get my precious jailbroken apps back??? How long do you think it will take geohot to hack the 3.1.3 firmware ??? I'm sure he can do it because he hacked the ps3!!!

quique
February 7, 2010 at 5:44 AM

is geohot going to make a hack for 3.1.3 for 3gs????
ive been tryin everything im tryin to use my 3gs for tmobile

Mitsos
February 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Me too. I upgrated to 3.1.3 n i lost everything. F@ck apple

marcellino
February 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM

the ipod wont restor from theathered

natalie
February 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Hi I had installed 3.1.3 and was not able to jailbreak. But what i did was put my ipod touch in DFU mode. Downloaded 3.1.2. Opened itunes and when it recognised that the device was in DFU i clicked "SHIFT" Restore. I was then able to point to the 3.1.2 os and install it on my iPod. After it was completed i was back to 3.1.2 and have succesfully jailbroke my ipod. Never mind waiting for a new jailbreak that could take months

iRokaTJailbreaking
February 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

firmware 3.1.3 blackrain jailbreak is coming out March 1st if u were wondering, can someone tell me how to hack PS3......

BANHAMMER 4 ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I'm confused. If I have firmware 2.2 and i want to update, will this allow me to update without loosing my jailbreak?(I used quickpwn for windows to jailbreak.) Also with my current firmware, some, not all, of my apps have ceased to function, thus sending my itouch into safe mode when i try to start them(they don't work in safe mode either.). Any idea how to fix this?

erik
February 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM

your right i tried it right now after recovery mode it went black but it was on so i simply kept the power button pressed and i turned it back on and it was back

erik
February 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM

well if u lost ur apps that u didnt get with cydia or watever u get them back for free like the paid ones "buy" them again then it will say u already bought it to et it for ffree press ok so u press ok and u get it for free and idk aought the jailbroken apps but hope i helped :)

DarkShadow
February 10, 2010 at 3:28 AM

I hope blackra1n comes out to jailbreak 3.1.3, because I updated it and THEN tried to jailbreak it. DAMN!

Ben
February 10, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Yo with all due respect, plz make a jailbreak for 3.1.3! It feels like I've waited forever. I NEED my apps :) but seriously, I check this page everyday. Please upload one!!! O_O

fred
February 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM

yes but you will just have to wait

Guayacoloko
February 10, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I need to jailbreak my iPod 3G 64GB 3.1.3 and I do not know how... A friend told me to look at this page, but I am starting to feel hopeless... Could you please let us know when and what options we have to jailbreak our devices?

Daniel
February 11, 2010 at 2:18 AM

not to worry ipod touch 3.1.3 users, there is a way to downgrade your ipod touch to 3.1.2. 1st of all, you will need to download ipod touch 3.1.2 firmware and save it as .ipsw, 2nd. you will need to go to this link and follow the instructions in the video. i hope this helps you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-dGztTKQg&feature=sub

YOUR WELCOME

smollusc
February 11, 2010 at 4:34 AM

no. atm u cant jailbreak 3g ipod touch untethered

February 11, 2010 at 7:20 AM

seriosaly u all need to carm the fuck down they all most certainly will be bringing out an update if they have done if for every one why would they stop now and all you app will be on itunes but u carnt touch them untill you have blackrain i am in the same boat as all of you and am looking forward for the new update

antonio
February 11, 2010 at 2:50 PM

they will not because i tried my ipod touch 1g and it just kept goin to a black screen will i pressed make it rain

Josh
February 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3/iPod Touch 3.1.3 is now possible, thanks to the Redsn0w 0.9.4 download being available.
There is a good news and some bad news. The good news is that jailbreaking iPod Touch 3.1.3 is still possible. But the bad news is that jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.3 is not available for all iPod Touch users.

Josh
February 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Sorry, i gues i should mention that Redsn0w 0.9.4 works with iPod Touch 1G, 2G (old models) and iPhone 2G. It is available for download. You can download this tool from the iPhone Dev team website.

thunder
February 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

i know how i jailbroke my ipod touch and now it doesnt work, that sucks

Andrew
February 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

you cant jailbreak ipod touch 3.1.3 i tried it just doesnt show blackrain like it blocked it

Josh
February 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM

right now im downloading the firmware for ipod touch 3.1.3 i was stupid to update and now i need to use quickpwn and wait 37 more minutes for some stupid firmware to download

im not even sure its going to work!!!

PW
February 14, 2010 at 12:52 AM

try download older FW 2.1 or any other you found it on google.. in itunes hold shift and then press RESTORE it will opens you a window find there your downloaded software and put it on :)

Darron
February 14, 2010 at 1:06 AM

hi i am wondering when a 3.1.3 jailbreak for an ipod touch 32gb 3rd gen will be out...

Richard
February 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I downgraded my touch 3g today!!!! I've been checking everyday for an update and came across something that may have added to me being able to downgrade. 1st off couple of days ago i changed my hosts file located in windows/system32/etc/hosts. open that in notepad and at the bottom after the stars there should be a line of ip address. Deleted that and replaced with 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Now this didn't work when I tried it but today i downloaded ziphone cus it said it compatible with jailbreaking 3.1.3 touch's. Didn't work, i had it open in the background searching for a iphone and then i decided "wth, lets try to restore it again through itunes" amazingly enough it worked. Thought i should share since i was looking forever and never found anything.

So the gist of it is: Change your hosts file by opening with notepad / have ziphone running in the back searching for a iphone (absolutely useless) and restore. It MIGHT work for you. I just listed whatever was running when it worked for me. Good Luck!!

Definately not worth it
February 16, 2010 at 4:33 AM

I installed blackra1n on my ipod ouch 3G 3.1.2 yesterday and it was very easy, i donwloaded some games and then i saw one app with 126 reviews saying that its the best Apps so far, so when i downloaded it and installed it, it says i gotta reboot my ipod so tht was it, never managed to get back on ipod so i had to restore my ipod, while restoring my ipod it was also updated at the same time to 3.1.3. Now its all working good and i dont think that its good to jailbreak....Definately not worth it!!!!

Rico Bono
February 17, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Hi,
Richard, I am going to try your experience on my ipod touch 3g 32 GB. I hope it does work otherwise.... hahahaha, I will blame on you!!!
If it works you are a genius.

iTouch
February 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I really hope that Apple with release an upgrade for 2G to go to 3.0 (Or higher) that keeps all your jailbroken stuff very soon.
Because it just seems that I can download "Tap Tap Revenge 3" but can't play it once I click on it. It's for 3.0 and plus.

Soooo.... Unless there's a way to get that app AND being able to PLAY it without having 3.0 or higher, please tell me.
Or otherwise, I think I would have to wait for a damn 3.0 Jailbroken version. T_T

ish
February 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM

CAN ANYONE HELP I HAVE A IPOD TOUCH 3RD GEN 3.1.3 AND I CANT JAILBREAK IT AS USUAL BUT THERE WAS A DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE FOR IT BUT THE FUCKIN THING DOSENT WORK BECAUSE THOSE JACKASS AT APPLE GOT RID OF THAT DOWNGRAE WITH THEM IS THERE ANY OTHER PLACE I CAN DOWNGRADE IT FROM SOMWHERE ELSE PLZ HELP

The Guy Who Can't Downgrade
February 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Hey, happy for you and all. But what version of ziphone did you use and where did you download it from?
Cos I just tried this and it didnt work :s

jsssy
February 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM

ok does the 2nd gen have a camera or just the 3rd cuz mine looks exactly like the 3rd but no camera is that a 2nd gen??

Bob
February 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

dude uhm.. if you downgrade itouch 3g to 3.1.2 and u have cracked apps on the itouch, will you lose the cracked apps if you downgrade back down to 3.1.2???? PLEASE HELP

rafael
February 19, 2010 at 5:13 AM

hi i already try to do the jailbreak with blackra1n but he doesnt work when i restort the ipod
how i do mow?????????

Eduardo
February 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM

is it, or is it not possible to jailbreak ipod touch 3.1.3, 3rd generation? what do i have to do, if possible?

Eduardo
February 20, 2010 at 2:23 AM

which ipod touc users are not going to be able??.. 3rd gen users?!

iShiva42
February 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM

None of the iPod Touches have cameras, and all of the iPhones have cameras. I could go on a rant about how the iPod touch 3rd gen should have a camera, but I won't. Just know this:
iPod touch 1G, 2G, and 3G = no camera
iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3Gs = camera.
Hope that helps.

iShiva42
February 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Nobody has released an iPod Touch 3G jailbreak for 3.1.3. Geohot had a tethered jailbreak for iPod touch 3G on 3.1.2, but he hasn't released an update for it yet. So it's not possible yet, but it will very well be possible in the near future.

Arthur
February 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM

same, i've been cheecking youtube and google for like 3 days now and im starting to get worried :(

please reply if there is something i can do to jailbreak my ipod 32gb 3g 3.1.3

thx

usaexpat1
February 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM

doesn't seem to be one yet but i'm convinced it will soon be released. far too many people have unwittingly rebooted and ended up with the 3.1.3 nightmare. it means instant fame, if not fortune, for some genius out there. and fyi if anyone purchased the bogus program out there from SWREG or any other scammer using paypal just file a dispute and the money is quickly refunded to you

sushiant
February 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM

check your product number,
if it starts with mc, it is a 3g
if it starts with mb, it is a 2g
it it starts with mc and it is 8 giga bytes model, its also a 2g

iTek
February 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM

where can i download 3.1.2 firmware?

TzAnAnY
February 23, 2010 at 2:28 AM

How i know if my ipod model is old or new? :S

Eduardo
February 24, 2010 at 2:24 AM

thanks, i'll be waiting then, would appreciate that you communicate anything new you know...

Thomas
February 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I am right beside you i got a itouch 3G 32g on 3.1.3 i pretty sher nothing is available right now i have been schering every night since i akcendently upgraded

Taras
February 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Guys, i have read all the comments but i still dont get if i can jailbreak my ipod touch 3.1.3 model MC...8gig?

thanks

Patrick
February 25, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Apparently, it only refers to 3g 8gb or lower because 3g, 8gb is basically 2g. Notice that the 8gb is slower, that proves that they used the old hardware and stuff. So people that have 3g, 32gb or higher(like me...), are screwed.

Mitch
February 25, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Ohkay. I used Blackrain to jailbreak my 3.1.2, also, and I've had minor problems with it.

You really have to be careful with what you download.

It is, in fact, totally worth it, though. It opens up a whole bunch of opportunities and such.

So if you do still have 3.1.2, I would definitely recommend it, just be careful with what you download and do on it.

Mitch
February 25, 2010 at 1:12 AM

About the “Note: Do no’t use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.”

You can still use Safari to download it, you just need to do “Save As” and then erase the “.zip” part of the file being saved to where it just says “Yada-yada-yada.ipsw” It will save it as the .ipsw and you’ll be good.

However, I have not been able to get any of the restores to work. My friend has the latest iPod with 3.1.3 firmware, and asked me to jailbreak it for him. I searched forever yesterday for a way to restore it to 3.1.2 so I could use black rain, but I can’t seem to find a restore for his iPod. Mines the first gen. 3.1.2 restore, so it won’t work on his.

Arun
February 25, 2010 at 1:13 AM

yes, better to wait. I also have a touch 3g 32gb 3.1.3 MC model. I tried with all the available jailbreak tools. Only tethered jailbreak is possible thru blackra1n and snowbreeze. Lets wait for the rescue

Phoenix
February 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Still waiting for a jailbreak for iPod touch 3G 32gb/64gb models, any news?

Elizabeth
February 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM

The same this has happened to me. i've tried this, it all worked, untill i looked for the blackra1n icon on my ipod and it wasn't there. so i don't know whats up! hopefully they'll figure out a way to jailbreak our ipods. any ideas when that will be available?

Elizabeth
February 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

is it safe to downgrade 3g 3.1.3 to 3.1.2? i'm thinking about this, but i'm worried i'll get viruses or something like that.

matt
February 26, 2010 at 4:15 AM

well i can tell u that u can t jailbreak ipod touch 3g 3.1.3 with blackrain because i ve tried it and it just doesn t work but you no i am 13 and u might not belive me

anonymous
February 26, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Hi Darron We Have The Same iPod And Same Problenm xD

Christian
February 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM

ok i tried this and it said u jail broke your ipod. but on my ipod i cant see the icon black rain. what do i do

Erik
February 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM

dude Redsn0w doesnt work with 3g ipod touch users :(

Waqaas
February 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM

step 2: Go to recovery mode ( hold down the home and sleep button for 20-25 seconds (the shut down screen will appear but keep holding down the two buttons) When the apple appears, let go of the sleep button. It will then ask you to connect your ipod to itunes. Plug your ipod to iTunes.
(it will say that you must restore, along as you have a backup your ipod)
Before you restore, go where it say restore and hold swift and click it if you have mac you would have to press control and then click. A open thingy will pop up.

Cont...from...step 2

edited

Mr2010
February 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Wow, is it me, or is every download link on this site broken?

Lomomn
February 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM

will any of the above work on a mc model 2g ipod touch? PLEASE, please reply!

Casey
February 27, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat as Thomas.

Chris H
February 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM

hey i figured out how to jail break ipod touch 3G 3.1.3!! all you have to do is re-name file (iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw) to (iPod3,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw)

IT WORKED I just jailbroke my ipod touch 3G 3.1.3

nathan
February 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM

:( i JUST bought my ipod touch like two weeks ago and it was on a diff firmware from 3.1.3 cause it asked to upgrade...since i never really considered jailbreaking my ipod until my friend told me about it, i upgraded it the day before he told me what was up. im all for hacking stuff. wii, 360 ect..and im pretty sure im screwed right? i have 3rd gen, 32 gb ipod touch never jailbroken....so loooking very muuuch forward to a jailbreak for 3.1.3 3rd gen users with MC models. cant downgrade either. the firmware 3.1.3 prevents you from being able to? right? thats why only 8 gb 3rd gen mc models can, they just use 2 gen firmware to downgrade... :(

Christian
February 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I got a 64GB 3rd gen, and I'm with you two guys.. hope someone comes up with a solution soon!

neal
February 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM

hi ,my ipod touch 3g accidentally have been upgrading to 3.1.3 (7E18)....
anyone know how to solve this problem my App all not working...
so sad... huhuhu...
if i restore my ipod, can the Jailbreak work/can i downgrade to 3.1.2
Please Reply me and teach me how....

james
February 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM

where did you get the file from?

trebulark
February 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM

how many gigs is your iPod and is it an MC model?

February 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

is that all you got to do??
like just download the 3.1.2 firmware and rename the file
??

patrick
February 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

ok i NEED help i cant jailbreak my ipod touch 3g 3.1.3 ?????? i have tried i think everything but nothing works pppllleeeaaassseee help !!!!!!

Eduardo
February 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

what is a tethered jailbreak?

Eduardo
February 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM

just renaming it?? nothing else??? ... please send any steps to follow

Chris H
February 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM

yeah thats all you do and make sure you rename the firmware to the 3.1.3 version

Chris H
February 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM

easy easy easy

just download the 3.1.2 firmware... then locate it rename it as the 3.1.3 firmware!! easy and it worked for me!! I have the 3G IPOD TOUCH 3.1.3 my friend has the 2G IPOD TOUCH and my other friend has the 2G IPOD TOUCH MC model ... worked for alllll of them!!

Chris H
February 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM

where did you download the 3.1.2 firmware!!!!!!

Leslie
February 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM

then how do i get cydia?

elijah
February 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

i updated my ipod touch 2g to 3.1.3 through itunes, then blackra1n just broke it, without any glitches whatsoever

Dan
March 1, 2010 at 2:36 AM

I have tried the rename method but still apple will not verify the firmware. Is there something else I have to do to bypass this? Any help would be appreciated.

Rafa
March 1, 2010 at 4:11 AM

I i just want to now how to have the jailbreak 3.1.2 and how to rename it

Chud
March 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Just tried with my ipod touch 3g MC008LL didn't work. Still reconised the firmware as being 3.1.2 even after renaming to the 3.1.3 name.

Chud
March 1, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Forgot to mention 32gig model

Paul
March 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM

So all we need to do is rename it? We don't have to restore it again or blackra1n it?

Luyuan
March 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

HELP!!!!!!!!! Tried everything to jailbreak ipod touch 3g from downgrading, restoring, blackra1n and still not jailbroken!!!

C.H.
March 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Uh, I dunno what you did, but it certainly didn't work for me.

Ryan
March 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM

has anyone tried this or is it BS?

spedward
March 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM

help please, i need help renaming my file. can anybody help?

David
March 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I have a 3G ipod and 3.1.3 software. I couldn't find the spot to rename the file. Please help me!!!!

Kary
March 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

so do i need to restore ipod touch on itunes again and then jailbreak it?

i renamed the file and tried restoring it to ipod touch, it said apple doesn't allow it.

please help

mack
March 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

how exactly do you "canhge the name" please be detailed

mack
March 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

srry i ment change

Bowie
March 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Hey dude, can you create a video and or write out some detailed steps on how to do this thing.. please, i'm very desperate.

Artifex Maximus
March 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM

If you renamed 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 then you did not jailbrake 3.1.3 just 3.1.2 I think.

I have an iPod Touch 2G MC model but no luck with jailbrake yet. I have tried redsn0w, blackra1n. I had some success with walking pineapple logo and "downloading jailbrake data" message but my iPod did not started up.

dannyj_27
March 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM

what exactly do i do once i rename the file coz i dnt have a clue

Gary B
March 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Sorry, I tried this. Downloaded 3.1.2 firmware, renamed it as 3.1.3 firmware as told. Then restored ipod touch 3g 64gig in itunes. Restored as 3.1.3 couldn't jailbreak. Then tried to restore with option key in itunes pointing toward renamed file, Asked apple to verify 3.1.2. Could restore. DID NOT WORK!!!! Could you tell me exactly what you did. Had you already jailbroken these ipods before? Had they been running 3.1.2 before.

Anonymous
March 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM

It does not work (64GB, MC).

It is not that simple; if it was, the Dev-Teams would have announced it and forums flooded with the exploit on front page.

Renaming the .ipsw would not fool the Apple severs. Heck, if this worked, it would render Umbrella, TinyTSS and Saurik's server as impracticable.

The OP either
1. Does not have a MC model (thus MA/MB) and is therefore able to use PwnageTool or another application to jailbreak his/her device.
or
2. Bluffing.

As of writing, NEARLY all iDevices can be jailbroken with various tools, with the EXCEPTION of 3.1.3 firmware 2G (new bootroom)/3G iPod Touches, and the iPhone 3GS.

Gary B
March 2, 2010 at 12:40 AM

I think we have to accept that Apple has won. the dev_team and geohot just can't jailbreak 3.1.3.

Ant
March 2, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hey you talking about using redsnow when doing the re-name file?

Ant
March 2, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I mean when doing the jailbreak? My friend has a new 3g ipod on 3.1.3 and i want to help him jailbreak, so did you use redsnow to do this once you renamed the ipsw file?

Kristen
March 2, 2010 at 4:38 AM

I have an IPOD touch 3g with 3.1.3 and I downloaded the 3.1.2 os and changed the name and it won't even let me restore. Any suggestions?

Jon C
March 2, 2010 at 5:09 AM

I tried that with a 64gb ipod touch 3g using the renamed 3.1.2 firmware and it still didn't work

E-wan
March 2, 2010 at 5:22 AM

what do I rename cus wen i rename the blackra1n thing it only lets me rename blackra1n. what and how do I change to (iPod3,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw) the ipod or the blackra1n thing?

Phoenix
March 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM

@Chriss h: do you have a 8, 32 or 64 GB model?

Matt J
March 2, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Doesn't work buddy. I tryd renaming the 3.1.2 firmware to 3.1.3 and still says that the document is eligible.

Qsta
March 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

hey when did u get ur ipod ? n is it MC model?

Qsta
March 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM

i try it n it says the ipod was restore cause the firmware was not compatible.

David
March 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM

help i dont know how to find the file

GERARDO
March 2, 2010 at 12:42 PM

@CHRIS H: I'm guessing u have an 8gb MC Model? Either way, it doesnt matter if u change the name, itunes recognizes the firmware. Just cuz u change the name doesn't mean u can fool the computer or even itunes. Come on now, APPLE is way smarter than that. So either u dont have an MC model or ur just trying to get attention.

Cort
March 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I got the same message as Qsta.
This is a brand new iPod Touch 3G that came defaulted with 3.1.3 on it.
I followed the steps and downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware, since the blackra1n program only works with that version.
When I shift + click the Restore button and select the 3.1.2 firmware, I get an error on iTunes that says "iPod "iPod" could not be restored because the firmware is not compatible."
I even re-downloaded another copy of the firmware just to make sure there wasn't an issue with that. I put my iPod in DFU mode and get the same annoying message when I shift + click restore. Is there just no way to jailbreak an iPod that came defaulted on version 3.1.3? Because I am seriously having no luck. :(

siciliani23
March 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

this doesent work i just did it it was a wast of time.

Cort
March 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM

*MORE DETAILED NOTES*
I had to buy a new 8 gig iPod Touch 3G MC because my other one was crushed. It was a jailbroken 2G, so the version was much older than this new one. When I plugged this new one up, it came defaulted on firmware version 3.1.3.
I followed all the steps online to downgrade it to firmware 3.1.2 so I could jailbreak it with Blackra1n, but I am not successfully able to. Since this is a new iPod, I do not have any previous firmware version loaded in iTunes. So, I downloaded the iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw file and followed the instructions to downgrade.
I put the iPod in DFU mode, but when I shift + click on the Restore button, it gives me:
"The iPod "iPod" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible."
I made sure that it was the right file for my 3rd gen MC iPod as well.
I even went in and renamed the file like you guys suggested, but no matter what I try, I still get the same annoying error. (so apparently what Chris H said was incorrect)
I read that since Apple isn't allowing downgrades to firmware anymore, I might not be able to do this.
Is it just impossible to downgrade an iPod Touch 3rd Gen MC model from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2? If so, I guess I will just have to wait until the next version comes out. Any help would be appreciated if this obnoxious error can be bypassed.

deepak
March 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

but its not working?Will this work in mc model?

March 3, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Mine's 32 gb ¡, I tried restoring it to the now renamed iPod3,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw. First a message appeared that said that my iPod was going back to 3.1.2 and that all my data was going to be erased, I agreed. It extracted the software then it started verifying the restore with Apple, then a message that read: "The device 'zer0' could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."
Anything I should do that I'm not doing??

bob
March 3, 2010 at 5:58 AM

it didnt work for me

mack
March 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

i feel your pain
though i am really puzzled because my friend has a 3rd gen ipod touch 8 gig and somehow he was able to jail break his. i tried with my 3rd gen 32 gig and got the same result as you.

the problem is itunes. it no longer signs older firmware versions now. it only lets you upgrade to 3.1.3 so yeah everyone will just have to wait for a new blackra1n to come out, which from what i read wont be anytime soon :(

Corty
March 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Awwwwww, well BOOO! That really blows.. But hey, at least now I know so I won't keep sitting here wasting night after night trying different fixes on the internet that "supposedly" work and don't. Thanks, Mack. I appreciate it. ^_^

An Apple Rep
March 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Okay, not really an Apple Rep. Wanted to scare you people. But just saying.... you can do TETHERED jailbreaks with redsn0w 0.9.4.

Priya
March 4, 2010 at 3:38 AM

i'm in the same position as you nathan. apple won't let me downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

hopefully there'll be something out soon on how to jailbreak ipod touch 3g 32gb MC model 3.1.3

Danny
March 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM

This doesnt work for my for some reason, i used internet explorer and it downloaded the file as a Zip

dviles
March 4, 2010 at 8:26 AM

instead of waiing for the new jailbreak you should try to edit itunes files

trebulark
March 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I have a 32gb 3rd gen MC model on 3.1.3 firmware and I cannot get even a tethered jailbreak to work with redsnow 0.9.4. Is there anyone who has got a tethered jailbreak to work?

RUSTAM!!!
March 4, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I DID IT!!! IPOD TOUCH 2G 8 GB. Yeh!!!!!!! MC VERSION! I'M GENIUS!!!))))))) THANK'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaun
March 4, 2010 at 11:01 AM

hi i have a 8gb ipod touch 3g with the 3.1.3 firmware how cani downgrade?

ipodman123
March 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM

hey i tried to downgrade my ipod touch 3g to 3.1.2 so i can jailbreak it and itunes say that my ipod can not be restroed

message
The ipod could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the request build

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Jhessel
March 5, 2010 at 3:25 AM

It does not work for an iPod Touch 3G MC model (at least not on 32 and 64 GB, 8 GB I'm not sure of) For as far as I know, renaming the file does'nt change the content and therefore it should also make no difference. Since I'm totally desperate for a jailbreak I tried it all, but it doesn't work.

Best option, wait untill April. By then there will be a jailbreak available..
Just don't sweat it.. It's still a thing for music and vid's norly for games

Love.

mikelc23
March 5, 2010 at 6:34 AM

wat do u do when the iTunes thing pops up?

evan
March 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM

downgrading will be hard because i tried to downgrade my 3g ipod touch to 3.1.2 , but it said it was not compatible

cynicaleden
March 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM

hey i did the same thing...i freaked out ten realized i hate to completely uninstall itunes....then reinstall....then right click the install file for itunes and say open with winrar and reinstall the apple mobile device support.msi. this should reinstgall what u broke when u tried to downgrade...it did for me

renfred89
March 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I have an ipod touch 8gb MC model. It doesnt allow me to downgrade or renaming the filename.

Guess have to wait for apr...

etber
March 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Both of you don't need to uninstall!

Just hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds until your touch is off.

Then replug it back into your comp and then Restore in iTunes! Voila!

March 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM

?? it doesn´t work for my ipod touch 3g firmware 3.1.3

March 6, 2010 at 6:06 PM

what to do?

Ben Buja
March 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Hey i have an ipod touch 2g 3.1.3 does blackra1n work on that?
Please answer

landisimomagnifico32
March 7, 2010 at 3:31 AM

doesnt work for ipod touch 2G MC model 8GB either, i tried this three times and didn't work. I had 3.1.2 firmware and tried to jailbreak the right way, but im a noob and completely screwed it up and had to restore it on iTunes. I'll try anything, unfortunately, this didnt work.

matt
March 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM

just says could not be restored. then it stays frozen on the screen showing a USB plug to iTunes icon. Used pwnage tool on a mac to do this, followed instructions to a t. what's going on.

iPod touch 1G, 8GB, Firmware 3.1.3

Courtney
March 7, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Here's something to consider - although it's small and silly, look at the filename of the IPSW before you jailbreak. If you have a iPod Touch 2G and the filename says 3,1 at the front, it won't work because that's specifically for MC (3G) iPod Touches. You'll have to download the 2,1 file. I figured this out while scratching my head wondering why redsn0w kept telling me I needed a tethered JB on my MB model.

Mickydemanman
March 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I had exectly the same as you:( now i still waiting for a newer jail;break for 3.1.3...

sam
March 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM

yes, with redsnow

xXiNightXx
March 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I downgraded my ipod touch 3g 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. I guess i got lucky.

raymond
March 9, 2010 at 2:53 AM

don't downgrade from 3.1.3 because if u backed up your ipod on the 3.1.3 software then when u go to a different software u will not be able to sync with itunes everything that was on your ipod

David
March 9, 2010 at 5:00 AM

how?! i kept trying but its not working T.T
can u send me the site where u DL ur 3.1.2 firmware

Insman
March 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

@xXiNightXx
how did u make it happen? plz share ur experience. tnx.

Neil
March 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Thats easy If you Have the 3.1.3 on your 3g touch downgrade it use the ipod touch 2nd gen firmware 3.1.2 to downgrade and use the itunes 9 thats it =)

Chris H
March 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM

why wont you publish my comment?

tdog
March 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM

yo post the site u used to downgrade everytime i try it fails

tdog
March 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

how do you downgrade though i've tried manny times and failed every time

adam
March 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM

does the blackra1n jailbreak work cause i'm considering buying an itouch thats on 3.1.3. pls help

D-Rev
March 10, 2010 at 9:35 AM

to downgrade i believe u need iTunes 8

Taylor
March 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM

i'm new to this jailbreaking thing and have no clue how to do it, i have the 3.1.3 firmware on my ipod touch 8 gig, 3rd gen. i want to jailbreak it, but do i have to downgrade it, or will the previous jailbreak work. has anyone tried the jailbreak on 3.1.3?

xxVolleyballxx
March 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM

what itunes do you have? itunes 9 or 8?

brucydragon
March 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

hi i have a 32 gig ipod touch 3rd gen on 3.1.3 firmware i accidentily updated it i have tried everything to downgrade it back so i can jailbreak it and nothing works guess well all have to wait for the 3.1.3 jailbreak

jose
March 11, 2010 at 6:00 AM

there isnt a jailbreak program for that yet
u just gotta wait

jose
March 11, 2010 at 6:04 AM

not really. just the firmware u need

Chris H
March 11, 2010 at 2:50 PM

i know how to downgrade ipod touch 3G 3.1.3 BUT ADMIN WONT LET ME POST IT!

Henry
March 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM

what is the difference between them?
Which one can i downgrade my ipod touch 3g 64gb 3.1.3?

Willy
March 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM

@Chris H, would it be possible for you to post a brief clip on YouTube of your JB instructions?

Sandallman
March 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM

so i guess at the moment there is no option for jailbreaking the ipod touch 3G 64gig 3.1.3 system?

miumiu
March 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Is this just work for 3gen, 8g?

Jason
March 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Hey man, I heard a comment u posted that said u were able to downgrade ur iPod touch 3g from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 , I searched YouTube but I didn't find anything, please can you help me?

chafic
March 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

hey i have a ipod touch 3g 32gb with 3.1.1
i tried using blackra1n like a hundred times and it wont work
if i updated from itunes to 3.1.3 would blackra1n still work?
please answer fast thanks

stiffler
March 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM

AHH Chris H Do Tell!

raghuveer
March 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM

i am not able to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 any video will be nice

Ipodtouch31196
March 13, 2010 at 4:55 AM

download ipod touch 2g 3.1.2 firmware and restore your ipod touch 3g running on 3.1.3 with that... trust me it works

Derek
March 14, 2010 at 4:15 AM

How do you you downgrade ipod touch 3g 3.1.3? You said you know how.
Thanks

Need Helpz
March 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hey i have been trying to jailbreak my ipod touch for the longest time and have been having so much trouble i watched a bunch of videos and followed different instructions. My Ipod is a 2g and is on 3.1.3. I tried the redsnow thing but Redsnow crashes when i get to the downloading part. I downgraded to 3.1.2 and tried using black ra1n but it just gets stuck. My Ipod is not an MC model. I have no clue what is wrong or what i should do. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I am on a PC.

rye
March 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM

hey! yeah, u cant downgrade ur device back to the older firmware, apparently becoz u've never jailbroken ur device before u upgraded to 3.1.3. am i right? so, there's no rily hope for that as of now..

Dreamstuf
March 17, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Me the same problem...

Jappleseed
March 17, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Check out videos on downgrading form an early version

M3.M4g!cM4n
March 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Neither of these methods worked for me. 3.1.3 is a bitch! i can't downgrade firmware either... idk what to do, if anyone can help or got it to work somehow please let me know.

M3.M4g!cM4n
March 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM

*itouch 3rd generation running 3.1.3 by the way...

Nickmadkiller
March 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I have a iPod Touch 3G MC Model using the 3.1.3 update.I used the blackrain thing and pressed the make it rain button but after that it pops up with a message saying that the jailbreak is done.

Well iv'ed waited for around 5-10 minutes just waiting and waiting but finally just stopped.I'm wondering how long does it take to do it?

Or is it the fact that it can be jailbroken because of MC model...

Nickmadkiller
March 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Oh and to add it says the jailbreak will be done once it reboots.Well...it never does reboot.It sits there by my computer with a blank screen.It's on but it's not doing anything.But when I turn it off by holding the buttons it goes off and comes back on with the original settings.

If anybody can help then thanks.

Marisa
March 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Hi,
I followed the steps to jailbreak my iPod Touch 3.1.3 (7E18) and I made it until it says done, wait for reboot then my ipod screen stays black and no picture. And then I have to restart my ipod cause I can't do anything about it. How could I jailbreak my iPod?

Thanks!
Marisa

Eric
March 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

That's because it is for the 3.1.2 not the 3.1.3 Once one comes out for the ipod touch 3.1.3 you can do it. So until then the make it ra1n and red snow will not work.

Chris H
March 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM

please email me if you want instructions how to to downgrade ipod touch 3g 3.1.3.

chris_harris_pr@hotmail.com

for some reson i cannot post comments on how to downgrade ipod touch. admin or someone wont verify my post. so yeah if you need instructions on how to downgrade then jailbreak ipod 3g 3.1.3 then just email me and ill email you the instructions..

ASI
March 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM

AHH can someone please help? i'm desperate to find a download to jailbreak my itouch 3g 3.1.3

Sachin Weerakoon
March 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Please email me if anyone find a way to Jailbreak the 3.1.3 I pod touch.

sachin.weerakoon@hotmail.com

btw
I tried blackrain and alsi redsnow.

Sachin Weerakoon
March 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

and i cant downgrade version 3.1.3

March 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM

blackra1n does not work with 3.1.3 onl any device running on 3.1.2 so if you are on 3.1.3 downgrade by downloading the firmware and go to itunes aand hold shift and press restore and broswe for yur firmware and click it and then you will jailbreakt hwn use blackra1n

March 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM

blackra1n does not work with 3.1.3 onl any device running on 3.1.2 so if you are on 3.1.3 downgrade by downloading the firmware and go to itunes aand hold shift and press restore and broswe for yur firmware and click it and then you will dongrade thwn use blackra1n

Mitch
March 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM

I had the same problem when I jailbroke with blackrain, but then I left my iPod up (on the home screen), and did it again. Whalah. I don't know if you did that or not, but it's worth a shot.

do something
March 20, 2010 at 7:23 AM

i hav a 2g ipod touch and i have the same problem, i use blackrain and then my screen turns black and doesnt work. somebody come out with a new jailbreak plz

Sam
March 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Thats because the iPod Touch MC Models are impossible to jailbreak or unlock. MC Are the newer 2G and 3G model iPod Touches. I hope this helped, and sorry too.

Sam
March 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM

You run Redsn0w 0.9.4 or whatever other jailbreakign utility you're using and instead of clicking on "Install Cydia" you click "Run tethered" but only after your screen stays black re-run the jailbreak but with the tethered option and not install cydia.

Sam
March 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Do you have instructions on how to downgrade a NON MC Model IPod touch 2G from 3.1.3 OS to 3.1.2 OS?

Neil
March 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM

What ipod touch you have ipod touch 3g 8gb will work try to use the 3.1.2 firmware for ipod touch 2g if you have 32gb it will not work only on 8gb =) good luck

Neil
March 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Listen guys if you have ipod touch 3g 8gb and you want to downgrade to 3.1.2 it will work if you just listen downgrade your device using the 3.1.2 firmware from ipod touch 2generation after that it will work only 3g 8gb if you have 32gb it will not work good luck guys email me if you have any question =)