Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 | 7:43 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

The iPhone 3.1.3 update that Apple released today required users of jailbroken iPhones or iPod Touches to wait for a new jailbreak software to be released before updating. This jailbreak is for 3.1.2 but may work for iPhone 3G 3.1.3, iPhone 3GS 3.1.3, or iPhone first generation.

If you want to just jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 you can try the old jailbreak and see if it works, if not then you will need to just download iPhone userbar and you will receive an alert once the jailbreak is out.

• iPhone 3.1.3download (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)

• iPhone 3G 3.1.3 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)

• iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)

Note: Do no't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with blackra1n

1. Download blackra1n
blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak - make it ra1n

2. Click the make it ra1n button.
blackra1n icon - iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak

3. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it's thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don't see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.
iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak - select applications

4. Install your preferred application from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Icy, or Rock. I don't recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with PwnageTool

iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak and unlock - Pwnage Tool 3.1.4

1. Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 (only works with Mac!)
PwnageTool for iPhone 3.1.2

2. You will be creating a custom IPSW and then restoring it through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, read my jailbreak iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool post which gives step by step instructions.

iHacker
February 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Already?! Downloading iPhone 3.1.3 right now.

Crack it
February 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM

The new redsn0w is only confirmed to work on the first gen iphone i'm not going to upgrade if i can't jailbreak my 3G S

sucks
February 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM

iv got 3.1.3 to o no

Kristal
February 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I uploaded the newest itunes and now it deleted my jailbrake and i can't redownload it, whats the secret?

Portapimp
February 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Confirmed blackra1n will not jailbreak update.

AHMED ALBADER
February 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I UPGRADED MY IPHONE because i forgot my pin code!! so i had to restore and upgrade to 3.1.3
now i have lost all my rock app.
i tried to re jailbreak using the current blackra1n.com software, and it didnt work.
whats going on guys???? any good news???

February 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM

so 2g can be unlocked with blackrain ?

Lowell
February 2, 2010 at 2:22 PM

download the 3.1.2 firmware do the dfe mode then click shift restore and you should be able to browse the 3.1.2 restore.ipsw

Xeromal
February 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I can confirm that it will work by using Blackra1n. I have a 16GB 3GS.

claus
February 2, 2010 at 4:58 PM

What is dfe mode?

lupan
February 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Be careful when swapping sim cards internationally when jailbreaking iphone. myself, my wife and friend were charged ridiculous amount of money (over $3000) when using data after swapping sim card in Japan with jailbroke iphone. just incase you plan on doing same, be careful!

Angel
February 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

F**K! Silly, me I accidentally upgraded my iPhone 3gs 32GB.I thought it would still work and its freakin 4:00AM my time and I was too tired to even read the news for the jailbreak phone users... And the only reason I bought this device is being able to jailbreak it...without it, my iphone is NO USE. I want my Rock Apps back. Most of my apps are paid, so will I be able to use my Rock apps if they come up with the tools to jailbreak OS 3.1.3? IF not, I'm upgrading to nexus one.. So long iPhone.

flyblown
February 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

i have 3gs unlocked with 3.1.3 ,blackra1n did not unlock phone crashed had to reload on i tunes

JIMMI
February 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE 3.1.3 IS A TETHERED BREAK OR NOT?

JIMMI
February 3, 2010 at 12:31 AM

you upgraded normal with apple software and rejailbroke with blackrain and it worked?

alex
February 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM

i'm waiting for jailbreak for 3.1.3 also !! updated to latest without knowing that blackrain would not jailbreak 3.1.3.. so sad

conboy
February 3, 2010 at 1:42 AM

right listen u can still jailbreak iphone3g even if u have upgraded to 3.1.3, follow the steps to the downgrade and i downgraded to 3.1.2 and then wen ya sim is in the iphone but still in recovery, itunes will cum up sayin please insert orginall sim card den u just start blackrain and it does it for u from der and just close itunes, thankyou

Sukii
February 3, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Too many of us r stuck now that we mistakenly updated to the 3.1.3 with the 5.12.1 firmware, so can we get a quick longterm fix asap so that we can get our phones back to being unlocked to work on the T-Mobile Sim network Please!

February 3, 2010 at 4:35 AM

I Can confirm BlackRa1n or Redsn0w 0.9 final NOT currently working with 3.1.3 FW update

With a 3G (Non-JB'ed) on fresh installation of 3.1.3 simply Put Device in DFU mode and shift click the 3.1.2 ipsw, then re-jailbreak using your desired tool to downgrade back to your lovely Jailbroken state

February 3, 2010 at 4:44 AM

3.1.3 unlock and or jailbreak Is working on iPhone 2g, and iPod Touch 1st gen at present, simply use Redsnow on fresh 3.1.3 installation and choose the official (not custom) 3.1.2 firmware instead...Similar method to the old 3.0..3.0.1 trick except this only works on iPhone 2g and iPod touch 1G at present..

Also It would be smart to mention, that my above post does NOT mean you can unlock the device after 3.1.3's baseband upgrade so don't run in and try it... and also cannot downgrade 3GS unless you have captured your sig beforehand

DON'T TRY ON 3G/ 3GS

uden
February 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

is that true?

February 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I can confirm that blackra1n doesn't work with iphone 3GS 3.1.3

Kenneth
February 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I ALSO WANNA ASK DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE 3.1.3 IS A TETHERED BREAK OR NOT?

Fjgxsjj
February 4, 2010 at 2:40 AM

It looks like they used RC1 on their jailbreak, whereas the current download from Blackra1n.com is RC3, so try googling rc1 and see if you can find a download for it

alaam2005
February 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

How could you jailbreak 3Gs of firmware 3.1.3?

alaam2005
February 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Did you, please confirm?
My iphone serial number is xx952...

February 5, 2010 at 1:39 AM

how can i get redsnow i have a 2g iphone

yowie
February 5, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Yes yes i jailbroke my iphone with the new update 3.1.3 with redsn0w using 3.1.2 ipsw :)

mike likese
February 5, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Is there a way to re-install the 3.1.2 software. My phone crashed and iTunes wants to install the new 3.1.3 crap which means I cant unlock it. Correct? Anyone know now to install the older version?

yowie
February 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM

i got iphone 3g

yowie
February 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Hey Guys just wanna let you guys know that my iphone 3g still working great with redsn0w jailbreak 3.1.3

Download redsn0w 0.9 and also the 3.1.2 ipsw
this jailbreak workssss:) for me
us the old ipsw to jailbreak with redsn0w

have fun :)

February 6, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS with OS 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze v1.3 (with pics )
www mob2all.com

Mc.Shrek
February 7, 2010 at 7:29 AM

wrong guide,

nothing work with 3GS 3.1.3 updated BOOTROM. even this PWN Tool 3.1.4 is unable to recognize the OS 3.1.3 at all. i dont know how these stupids just write, they dont know how we are suffering.

please dont write or comment if you dont know.

thank you.

arte
February 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM

its not working, i tryed few times. nothing not jailbeaking!

February 8, 2010 at 11:42 PM

hey i have upgraded my iphone 3gs to the latest baseband 5.12.1 and the firmware is 3.1.3
and i m stuck on the sim not supported screen .. what to do ?

Cyril
February 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Blackra1n doesn't work for 1.3.1..it's all over the
net so why are u guys claiming it's working?

February 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Ok. I've updated my iPhone. But, all I want to know, is how I even get the Jailbreaker thing or whatever the hell its called...

Hadi
February 13, 2010 at 3:51 AM

where can i download iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw

February 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM

1. First you must downgrade the baseband with Fuzzyband in cydia.
That means you need to jailbreak. There are one that can do it
now. The problem people are having is after the jailbreak, they
don't have signal foe the phone. Just downgrade the baseband
first.
2. After the baseband downgrade, redo the jailbreak again.
3. If you are using pwnagetool, when asking Select "yes" if you
don’t have an iPhone contract with an Apple appointed Cellular
Service Provider. If you select "no", it will not activate the
phone. Made that mistake 3 times.
4. This will give you baseband 04.26.08 and jailbreak and signal.
5. It took me 2 days to figure this out. Enjoy.

February 18, 2010 at 6:15 AM

MoJo, when you attempted this method, was your baseband originally upgraded to 5.12.1 with 3.1.3? After you downgraded to 3.1.2, was Fuzzyband able to get your baseband from 5.12.1 to 04.26.08?

Fred
February 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Thanks MoJo, this works for me! with even fewer steps
1. jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.4 for Mac and using iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw (worked fine, even if firmware is 3.1.3)
2. install Fuzzyband with Cydia, start it and select "downgrade"
3. install ultrasn0w, restart iPhone with SIM card... et voilà, now my iPhone is fully working!

February 19, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Why cant apple just make things simple and allow the iphope to be customized instead of everyone having to go thru the jailbreak bullshit...

Anfal
February 19, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Hello,
I have an iphone 3gs latest firmware 3.1.3 latest baseband 5.12.1. I accidentally upgraded it. Now i m stuck on the "valid sim card screen". what to do ?

any sort of help would be highly appreciated.

Michelle
February 21, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Anfal, I had the SAME prob. My iphone is totally bricked until they can hack an unlock. But, I got a friend with a legit AT&T acct and iPhone to lend me their SIM card for like 10 minutes and at least I can use it as an incredibly expensive ipod until the unlock comes out :o

gus
February 21, 2010 at 5:19 AM

i have a regular iphone 3g and i have the 3.1.3 software and have never jailbroken anything... how do i do this i'm so confused....

adisunn
February 22, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Hi

I have accidently upgraded my iPhone 3GS from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
Is there any way to jailbreak 3.1.3??

richard
February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

FOLKS unfortunately there is no way to avoid the 3.1.3 upgrade, my iphone died last week and I had no choice but to restore the device's software back to the factory settings I dunno why this happened. All I know is that one day while I was texting somebody all of a sudden I lost the telephone service "No service* from AT&T then I tried shutting the phone off to try and reboot it. Big mistake it would not REBOOT and the only thing I could do was to re-install the software and was made to forcibly upgrade to 3.1.3...

I lost everything I had, CYDIA, MYWII, BLACKRAIN, IBLACKLIST, everything..

Has anyone else had this experience or a similar experience???

anne
February 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM

richard, i feel your pain. about an hour ago i realized my iphone's battery was dead and went and plugged it into my wall outlet when it prompted me to plug it into itunes. i thought it just needed itunes for some reason to begin charging again and then a dialog box popped up telling me i needed to restore. there was just no way around it. before my jailbreak, it was like i ate cardboard my whole life. then i jailbroke my iphone and i had chocolate. now that i'm back at square one, it's like i went back to cardboard again. serious disappointment.

nagaraju
February 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM

hi, i have 3g updated 3.1.3 and baseband is 5.12. i downgraded firmware 3.1.2 and baseband is still 5.12 how can i do downgrade baseband. please give me solution. Thanks

Dom
February 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM

ive had iphones for the past 2 years and never did the jailbreak and after updating to 3.1.3 im reading all this.. blehhhhhhhhhh

Kara
February 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Richard and Ann I'm with you. I was updating some iTunes apps yesterday and when I was finished I went to Cydia to update those apps and my iPhone froze. I did a reboot just like I always would, and I got stuck in a reboot screen. I was able to load my 3.1.2 jailbreak again as I hadn't updated to 3.1.3 . However I had no signal, I had no choice but to factory restore, losing my jailbreak and everything on my iPhone. I lost all my contacts, apps, texts, photos, everything. I've tried rejsilbreaking with pwnage tool for 3.1.3, but it doesn't work. Every time it comes back fro restore I get no signal. I've even tried jailbreaking while in airplane mode, and with no sim card in it. I don't even want to unlock it, I just want my jailbreak back. I don't know why Apple has to restrict the potential of the phone so much. People would be so much happier if you could just customize it from the start.

aggiesrwe03
February 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Always Always Always save the firmware to your computer when you are "forced" to restore you can do so by hitting "Option" While hitting Restore button (on a mac) and you can select the firmware file to restore from where ever you saved it, that is a way to work around the upgrade in itunes while restoring

jojo
February 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM

can someone help me with mine, still have no signal, after i upgraded to 3.1.3, it has been jailbroken but I still have no signal.

Im not into the tech things about this so I don't understand alot . Can someone help me in a more simplier words, thanks

Phil
February 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I think you can 'upgrade' to the same firmware, in your case, 3.1.2. Just download the 3.1.2 firmware from the top of the page and then just hold shift when you click RESTORE in iTunes. That allows you to pick a firmware to restore to. Just point it at the file you downloaded.

TZ22
February 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM

You have to boot your phone from the 3.1.2 restore file. You need to find it on a torrent or something. once you restore your phone using that, you can jailbreak using blackra1n. I bet that will work.

O
February 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! IVE LOST EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! GEO SAVE US!!!!

gagan
February 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Thanks MoJo, this works for me! with even fewer steps
2. install Fuzzyband with Cydia, start it and select “downgrade”
3. install ultrasn0w, restart iPhone with SIM card… et voilà, now my iPhone is fully working!

Matt
February 25, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Yes mine did the same thing. It started putting itself in airplane mode then just froze. I forgot how much a non jailbroken iphone sucks.

gary
February 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Similar -- this week, for no reason I could discern, all applications other than the default iPhone apps would quit immediately after launching. Only way I could get these back was to restore the phone to factory settings.

fatih
February 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I have a question 39 weeks after the production of a solution which can not be made 3gs Do iphones jailbreak? or what to do if I need to wait, please help

Flo
February 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM

The baseband downgrade doesn't depend on the Firmware itself it depends on what bootloader you got, because Fuzzyband only works with bootloader 5.08 which was delivered with the first 3G's. So it won't work on the 3Gs and on newer 3G's...

Abdallah
February 26, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I can't get passed the jailbreak....please someone help me!!!
i have an iphone 3g 8g, 3.1.3 firmware, and the latest baseband.

Please somone help me jailbreak it..

Thank you so much!

Abdallah
February 26, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Fred, can you please help me??

nervous24
February 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM

richard & anne, sounds to me like you had a tethered jb. When you reboot and it gives you the cable and itunes logo you need to run blackrain again to boot the device.

I don't want to bash anyone but some of you just need to do some reading before you start clicking buttons. It doesn't take long. Ive never had any issues with jb'ing any device and Ive helped countless people do so. Jb'ing is quick and easy if you have all the proper information at your disposal. A little research goes a long way. That is all.

Have a great weekend

nemo
February 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Some ppl say they have downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 but still don't explain how. Is there a way to just fully erase the logic board and reinstall the os on the phone just like on a pc?

nemo
February 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM

As I read on, If you don't have 5.8 bootloader or lower. YOUR BEAT.. No unlocking at this time...

Paul
February 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Hello Richard.
I had a fabulous iPhone with Cydia, Blacrain, TomTom and wonderful apps. Then I wanted to add a HTC theme! That was fatal! I got to the reboot stage and then the iPhone just died. It had no options (after trying just about everything else) but to resort to the Apple iTunes/iPhone restore and now I have the dreaded 3.1.3 version - there is no Jailbreak for this version yet. I'm using a dull phone with juts a player and a mobile phone. I just hope that the superguys will have a crack for the lastest Jailbreak, so that I can restore my iPhone to a wonderful piece of gadget that I used to enjoy owning!

February 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Hello, i had a Iphone 3GS with 3.1.3. I updated it for a few day now i will it jailbreak but i don't know how. Works on windows 7 to jailbreak my Iphone 3GS 3.1.3?

tom poon
February 28, 2010 at 2:26 AM

me three, somethings screwed up with my charginf port, and im almost 100% sure im going to need a new phone, anyway went into itunes to backup and wipe the phoen clean before going into apple, and restore in itunes only is giving the option to restore and update. sonnofabitch! I dont want 3.1.3 but dont see a way around it

Big Willie
February 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM

3GS 32gb was jailbroken on on 3.1.2. Using Cydia and Rock. I think it was a Rock app "My3G" or something that made my 3G connection look like WIFI connection that crashed my phone. When I restored to get up and running again, it UPDATED to 3.1.3 so I lost jailbreak capability. is there a way to go back to 3.1.2 ????? DESPARATE for Jailbreak!!!!

Misty
March 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Did anyone help you yet big Willie?? I want my phone back too!!!!!

richard
March 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Nemo:

With all due respect i dont agree with you regarding the point about reading and what not. You could read all the crapo on these sites until the cows come home you still would not be able to avoid restoring the phone to factory settings. REASON: Apple no longer recognizes version 3.1.2 software as a result your phone wont work without restoring to factory settings if your original jailbreak/unlock method was with Blackrain.

Dee
March 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

My phone froze for some reason had 2 restore and now I'm stuck with 3.1.3 and 5.1 whatever it says the bad one is not sure if I back everything up 2 cydia cause bow I don't even know how to get back there since everything was wiped off my springboard I do t have a problem using AT&T but I want all my apps back and I want 2 teather Please help. Please email me help munkiboi01@gmail.com.

Ricky
March 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I have Iphone 16GB 3GS updated with firmware 3.1.3, Locked with AT&T.
How can I jailbreak it and Unlock it ?
Kindly Help.

dang it
March 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Ok, I have a brand new iphone 32g 3gs on the new 3.1.3 firmware. i dont care about unlock. can i jailbreak at all? please help

SYBORG
March 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Dang & Ricky it is not possible to Jailbreak a 3gs with 3.1.3 with the new bootrom unless you back up your SHSH on cydia. I made the mistake of not reading before I did this and now I'm screwed

chris
March 7, 2010 at 6:41 AM

how can i jail break my 3.1.3

March 7, 2010 at 10:18 AM

You cnnot restore from 3.1.2 anymore... Apple has quit signing off the firmware due to the fact that it was so easily jailbroken... However, you can get around this to an extent if you had made a backup with saurik's program...

ian harrison
March 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM

DOWNLOAD THE 3.1.2 FIRMWARE. THEN RESTORE YOUR PHONE WITH ITUNES BUT HOLD SHIFT WHEN YOU PRESS RESTORE. THEN BROWS FOR THE 3.1.2 AND IT WILL FAIL TOWARDS THE END OF THE RESTORE. AFTER THIS YOU PHONE WILL BE IN THE RESTORE STATE TO PLUG INTO ITUNES. CLOSE ITUNES DOWN AND RUN BLACKRA1N. SORTED

mark
March 8, 2010 at 5:50 AM

please tell me how to jaibreak iphone3gs 3.1.3 thanks

richard
March 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM

asshole you cant download the 3.1.2 firmware BECAUSE it comes out as a ZIP file which is absolutely useless.
Anymore bright ideas???

March 9, 2010 at 6:05 AM

I'm like you .... Something funny you have a computer and the estimated down by programs
What good is it ........ I just iPhones to phone only if you want I will go down programs
Necessary permission of the ((Mama apple)) ?!?!?!?! And a disregard for people's heads ....
Imagine you bought Apple Bwlosk can not eat because he sold the apple Ismahlk not to eat the

IPhones that I bought mine, nor is the right one to be guardian I am free to act when
In terms of programming and programs without reference to the manufacturer dealing maliciously
Users with iPhones

Failed to break the protection of the new Roman Pot + mum success of Apple tightly grip on the device =
Escape to the users of the iPhone just became ((Phone))

If the device an excellent dehydrated freedom to use it .... The other is worthy of my hand I carry it

About myself O ((Mama apple)) once again im not return it

JAILBROKEN 3-10-10
March 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM

THANK YOU IAN HARRISON.

I jailbroke my 3G with 3.1.3 today using these instructions:

JAILBROKEN 3-10-10
March 10, 2010 at 7:09 AM

RICHARD. LOOK WHO IS THE A-HOLE. I DOWNLOADED 3.1.2 ON SAFARI. IT WORKS.

JAILBROKEN 3-10-10
March 10, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Well this method definitely got me back to 3.1.2 but it blew up the at&t network connection. had to reset to 3.1.3. :(. Guess I'll wait a while.

MJH
March 11, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Same happened to me, blackra1n installed fine but no connection on O2 (UK)

3.1.3 gone going
March 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I was able to restore to 3.1.2 but t always said "not registered" or "no service". I wnder if there is a way to permanently set cydia after restoring to 3.1.2, then reset phone to 3.1.3 wth cydia still in the basic codes...

ipodtouch2112
March 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

will do

ipodtouch2112
March 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Will this work for my ipod touch i got for Christmas? It's a 3g with 3.1.3 installed on it. Could someone please reply and tell me what blackra1n or pwnage tool.

anthony
March 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

You guys need to downgrade your baseband as it was upgraded in the firmware update. U download fuzzyband in cydia to downgrade it whilst your on the 3.1.2 firmware that is jailbroken.

windsorival
March 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

3.1.3 and jailbreaking...
i just completed the jailbreak on my new 16G 3Gs, which came pre-installed with 3.1.3.
i saved 3.1.2ispw on my desktop(easy location), then through itunes, i (iphone summary page)held shift and clicked on restore(allows the choice of restore software), selected the firmware i just downloaded to my desktop, and finished the retore/downgrade, then ran blackrain. it worked perfect, i was able to jailbreak and unlock my phone. i then completed it to my older 8G 3G without problems..but, i tried to do the same to my friends, which is a 8G 3G that came with 3.1.3, and baseband 5.12.01.but for what ever reason it says an unknown error during the restore about 75% in. after i re-boot the phone, it shows 3.1.2, but no carrier. (this has nothing to do with itunes account, since i used a seperate user, and account..)i have tried 4times, and same result... help is someone knows what the f is up .. i hope that this mini-write up helps some of you to jailbreak!!please

Maks
March 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Why should anyone "jailbreak" iPhone? I bought my new 3GS 16GB carier unlocked and App Store works perfect for me. Most apps are 70 cents or free and there is many of them. I upgraded my iPhone to 3.1.3 and I like idea to allways update any software to latest stable version. I have all applications I like, on my iphone allready. All I had to pay a lot was my navigation software, but I got 1 year of free updates. I realy don't know what the hell am I missing here in iPhone jailbreak world?

Kol
March 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I get an error saying unable to downgrade

Jim
March 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM

You're missing everything.

1. most 70 cent apps aren't any good. A lot of the good apps are $4.99 or $9.99. Ok so I'm cheap, oh well, so is the rest of the world. Now apart from stealing...

2. Customize your phone. Want to call your girlfriend really quick? WIth an unjailbroken phone, you need to unlock with a swipe, go into the phone app, go into contact list or favorites, then find your gf in the list, then tap on home phone or mobile phone, then it starts ringing.
A customizable option will let you call her in one single step. That's just one of the 100 of customs I have done with my JB phone. Another example would be changing the brightness on your phone. Tell me how long it takes you now? It takes me less than 2 seconds.

BR612
March 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi man, I assume your iPhone 3gs is old bootroom wright? Or is it possible to jailbreak (or thethered jailbreak) a new bootroom 3gs with pre-installed 3.1.3? I really hope you can answer me, I'm looking forward to buy an iPhone 3gs but I know I have really high chances of getting a new bootroom with 3.1.3 and I want to jailbreak it.

MTE
March 22, 2010 at 6:33 AM

You can jailbreak and activate iphone at 3.1.3 to get service signal using irecovery.

1. Downgrade to 3.1.2 as you did after the 1500 error, use irecovery to boot the device from the restore screen.

2. iPhone will activate and work as an official 3.1.2 iphone.

3. Jailbreak

jesse
March 22, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I tried doing it with windows 7, but it alwasy gets an error. I put it into dfu mode, downloaded the firmware from a website, and it just wouldn't work.

mike
March 23, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Hi Windsorival,

Your mini-write up was a good hope but then your own experience with other phones did not have good result. I have 3gs 32gb came las year with 3.1.3 and 5.12 base. I wonder of your 3gs 16gb was on old base or had older boot rom. I want to JB mine but dont want to end up by bricking the phone. any suggestion

iphone 3gs 3.1.3
March 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM

actually i update 3.1.3 in iphone 3gs how it jailbreak and unlock.and they show dat connect to itunes.so,tell me what can i do...

Shark
March 24, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I am new to iphone world, got mine off ebay that was supposedly unlocked, accidentally updated to 3.1.3 and now it is locked, I tried all these ways posted online, nothing working, they explain the steps perfectly but it is not working, is there a guarantee way to do it even if it will cost some money? I am done with this I spent 2 days on this shit.

Shark
March 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

and yeah I use t-mobile

helicopter
March 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM

i used black rain and it didnt work

Ata
March 28, 2010 at 5:32 AM

I used blackra1n it didnt wirk hey helicopter then what did u do plz help me

Brick
March 28, 2010 at 7:08 AM

for all those trying to jailbreak their never been jailbroken iphone running on fw 3.1.3 it can not be done nor can you restore back to 3.1.2 because apple stoped signing off on all previous fw the only way to jailbreak the "3.1.3"FW is to have a jailbroken iphone then crack the FW then update so all those who are in my boat who bricked their phone and had to restore with no back-up we just have to wait untill the dev team releases a way to do so.
P.S. wait untill the iPad comes out

Paigeryy33
March 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM

hey so I just bought my friends 8g ipod touch version 3.1.3 and tried to use blackra1n to jailbreak and it .. and its not working!! i literally need step by step on how to do it .. do i click restore or anything?? i dont understand

Brick
March 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM

You can't

noah
March 29, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Will the blackra1n.com jailbreak work for ipod touch 2nd gen on 3.1.3. please reply

Kashyap
April 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I would like to jailbreak my iPhone 3.1.3 version can sombody please tell me which is the better way to do so

Alew32
April 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM

after downloading how long is it supposed to take to reboot?

chris
April 5, 2010 at 2:25 AM

thanks

bigdaddyg09
April 5, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Apple doesn't need to sign off on it. If you change the host file. Goodle change apple host file.

April 7, 2010 at 12:18 AM

i have a new 3gs iphone with the firmware 3.1.3
i tried to install the cydia by using one of the following but it doesnt work:
- blackra1n
- redsn0w
- sn0wbreeze

any idea how can i install cydia ?

Zakk
April 7, 2010 at 6:52 AM

@ Kashyap, apparently you are retarded if you cannot understand that you can't crack 3.1.3 yet.

werwertu
April 8, 2010 at 2:58 AM

i ts so easy just put out your lan connection or dissconect from wlan
(it worked for cheating a game)

David
April 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I have been looking through all of these myself. My iPhone is new (1 week) with V3.13. The killer is the boot-rom version. Have to wait until a jailbreak version is out to handle this.
:-(

SuperJosiah
April 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Use redsn0w 0.9.4 to install Cydia.

Imad
April 10, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Guys, I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with OS 3.1.3 and the latest bootrom. I have read here that the OS 3.1.3 cannot be jailbroken on a 3GS with the new ROM.
But I want to clarify, I dont care about unlocking as my phone is factory unlocked. So the baseband upgrade/downgrade has no affect. I just want to jailbreak my phone so that I can install custom APPs.

Is this possible with my phone or are we saying that even a simple jailbreak (no unlock) wont work?

Jack
April 11, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I jailbroke my 2nd gen iphone a week after the new firmware came out its not as easy as blackra1n for the 3.1.2 but it works on 3.1.3. you use redsnow. redsnow dosnt support the 3.1.3 firmware yet but what you need to do is download the 3.1.2 firmware (i would recomend downloading this to your desktop so it is easy to find) and then when redsnow cant find your iphone u need to browse for the firmware 3.1.2 and it will the recognize your iphone and put it into recovery and then jailbreak your iphone......you dont need to downgrade your firmware you only need the 3.1.2 for redsnow to recognize your iphone

Jack
April 11, 2010 at 8:14 AM

I forgot to mention that this can also unlock your iphone if you dont want to acctivate it through apple

bob dole
April 11, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Simple guys.
Upgrade via itunes to 313.
Run redsnow and point it to a copy of 312 firmware.

Enjoy Cydia.

Godwin
April 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Hello Jack i upgraded my 3gs to 3.1.3 and got stuck with sim lock how do i get out of this? help me please

Manbearpig
April 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I accidentally updated to 3.1.3 and tried everything!
Had no luck!

BUT THEN!

Used Redsnow with 3.1.2 Firmware.

Followed instructions -

I now have Cydia with 3.1.3!

hussein
April 15, 2010 at 10:44 PM

ok dude so now is there a chance where you can download your SHSH file and put it in dfu mode then downgrade to 3.1.2???

serge
April 16, 2010 at 2:52 AM

i tried redsnow but I am stuck on it saying waiting for reboot. i unplugged the usb as they said but it still wouldn’t reboot.

mychal
April 16, 2010 at 3:54 AM

where do you get the 3.12 firmware? Thanks

Jack
April 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM

you need to use red snow to hacktivate it email me my email is howudoin189179@aim.com

Sean
April 16, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I've had my iPhone 3GS since it came out, but I updated it to 3.1.3 firmware. Is this legit? and will it jailbreak my 3GS? I have MC model... Modem Firmware: 05.12.01... if someone could please let me know, that would be great! Thank you!

Mike
April 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I also have the iphone 3G S 3.1.3 ,model MC135LL, with the 05.12.01 firmware. Is there anyway to jailbreak this version yet, or will I have to wait for an updated Jailbreak? I tried Blackra1n, and it did not work as I was told it would. Seeing as how I am very new to all of this technology, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tk
April 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM

same case with me ! i have iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 with latest base band ! is there any one who can help out how to unlock and jailbreak it

Thanks and Regards

kyzaac
April 17, 2010 at 2:56 PM

anyone know when a new jailbreak will be out for the newer 3.1.3 iphones, or a good forum site that has the latest info

dave
April 19, 2010 at 5:31 AM

i jus dont what you posted and it said done but there is nothing new on my phone where did u find cydia wen you rebooted your phone?
cheers

Danny
April 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hello guys i got a iphone 3gs and is jailbroken on 3.1.2 if i update to 3.1.3 with blackrain will all my stuff still be on my phone ???

LD3
April 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Have you figured this out yet? I am having the same issue. But I have the old bootrom and cannot get it to work.

Sheldon
April 22, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Allpe is blocking the jailbreak. You are not allowed to restore an old firmware, or jailbreak. It may look like you are doing it, but at the end the update will crash and you will have to restore your phone. Wait for a jailbreak update that will support the 3.1.3 jailbreak.

rishabh
April 24, 2010 at 3:49 AM

hey guys i have an iphone 3gs and i updated it to 3.1.3 and it got sim lock...cant use any other sim other then atnt ..cn any 1 help me out of ds..

Huargh
April 26, 2010 at 2:15 AM

hye guys. any ideas on how to jailbreak the version 3.1.3?

Hargeo
April 27, 2010 at 7:07 AM

There is no way to jailbreak your iphone 3gs (newer bootrom, 15.12.01 baseband) and you cannot downgrade your 3gs.. so we have to wait

Mikie
April 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM

dude.. 3.1.3.. is a very complicated one.. so no one has actualy released a jailbreak for that.. so you are out of luck.. best downgrading :D.. cheers

Huargh
April 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM

my iphone is useless without jailbreaking it. =_=

June 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Ok here is the full list of everything!

3.1.3 Firmware for IPHONE 3g/3gs CANNOT be hacked by Blackra1n or Redsn0w.

If you try and downgrade the firmware, the device will fail to boot leaving you with a Bricked Iphone. If you restore back to 3.1.3 you can use your phone again!

THERE IS NO WAY OF UNLOCKING, CRACKING, UNBLOCKING, SIM-UNLOCKING, JAILBREAKING an Iphone on Firmware 3.1.3.

Until GeoHot comes out with a new jailbreak which is doubtfull as he has been paid off by Apple and has moved onto PS3's it will then be jailbroken but Apple are aware of this which is why you cannt downgrade on the latest version of 3.1.3.

Other H4ck3ers are trying as we speak and one or two have come pretty close but ITS NOT HAPPENING YET!

WATCH THIS WEBSITE FOR THE UPDATE!

#01325 (Previous Apple Employee)

Asfand
June 18, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Bob,i've got an Iphone 3g and want to upgrade to 3.1.3,could u kindly elaborate the points u hav mentioned?
I cant understand what is a "copy of 312 firmware"

August 16, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hi All

i have the iphone 3g 8gb with firmware version 3.1.3 (7E18) model MB489B baseband 05.13.04.

I used spirit to jailbreak it after redsnow failed. then used ultrasnow in cydia to unlock the phone from 02 to vodaphone UK.

All worked brilliantly and am enjoying it, only thing is that i'm struggleing with wifi reliability.

Am happy to offer help on how i did this if anyone wants to replicate for themselves :)

Any hints on the wifi issues much appreciated.

Thanks

James

rohit
August 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM

reset network settings

Chuck
February 25, 2011 at 3:48 AM

I bought the Iphone 2 in 2007. I got it unlocked when I bought it. When Apple released the 2.2 update I downloaded and it locked my phone. I unlocked it using 321 Iphone unlock. I just downloaded the 3.1.3 update and it locked my phone again.

I have tried both redsnow 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.

Redsnow recognizes 3.1.2 firmware but not 3.1.3.

With 3.1.2 redsnow goes through the jaibreak process but hangs when it waits for the phone to reboot.

Has anyone found any software yet that will break the 3.1.3 update?

October 3, 2013 at 4:09 AM

@Ricky You can easily unlock your at&t iphone3gs by using remote unlock method. If you need remote unlocking service you can visit this site Prounlocking.com here you can get the service and unlock your iphone3gs easily. Using the free mobile unlocking instructions from this site Mobileunlockguide.com