The iPhone 3.1.3 update that Apple released today required users of jailbroken iPhones or iPod Touches to wait for a new jailbreak software to be released before updating. This jailbreak is for 3.1.2 but may work for iPhone 3G 3.1.3, iPhone 3GS 3.1.3, or iPhone first generation.
If you want to just jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 you can try the old jailbreak and see if it works, if not then you will need to just download iPhone userbar and you will receive an alert once the jailbreak is out.
- iPhone 3.1.3download (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)
- iPhone 3G 3.1.3 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)
- iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)
Note: Do no't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.
Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with blackra1n
1. Download blackra1n
2. Click the make it ra1n button.
3. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it's thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don't see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.
4. Install your preferred application from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Icy, or Rock. I don't recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time.
Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with PwnageTool
1. Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 (only works with Mac!)
2. You will be creating a custom IPSW and then restoring it through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, read my jailbreak iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool post which gives step by step instructions.