It's been at least 3 months since iPhone users have been using the iPhone 3.1.2 update. Today Apple has released the iPhone 3.1.3 update for iPhone and iPod Touch users. This update does not really add anything new, but it does fix important bugs so iPhone and iPod Touch users should update.
The iPhone 3.1.3 software update includes the following:
- Reports battery level on iPhone 3GS with an improved accuracy
- Fixes issues that caused third party iPhone apps to crash
- Resolves a bug that caused an iPhone app to crash when the Japanese Kana keyboard is being used
using the Japanese Kana keyboard
How to update to iPhone 3.1.3
1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your PC.
2. Launch the iTunes application and click the Check for updates button.
3. iTunes will show you the above window saying: "iTunes will update your iPhone to iPhone 3.1.3 software and will verify the update with Apple". Click on the Update button.
4. An iPhone OS 3.1.3 software update window will show up, click on the Next button. Read and and accept the license agreement. Once you've done that your download will start.
5. The file size of this update varies depending on which device you're updating. Once the iPhone 3.1.3 firmware update is done downloading it will start the installation process on your iPhone.
iPhone 3.1.3 Download Links
If you are having trouble downloading the iPhone 3.1.2 firmware through the iTunes Application then you can directly download the appropriate firmware for your device by downloading iPhone userbar and clicking Downloads button and then downloading the appropriate firmware:
- iPhone 3.1.3download (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)
- iPhone 3G 3.1.3 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)
- iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)
Note: Don't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.
iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreaking information
You can jailbreak your iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPod Touch on iPhone 3.1.2. I will update this post once an iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak is out.