Home » » iPhone 3.1.3: iTunes Update

iPhone 3.1.3: iTunes Update

Written By Hans Berger on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 | 7:18 AM

iPhone 3.1.3 update message
It's been at least 3 months since iPhone users have been using the iPhone 3.1.2 update. Today Apple has released the iPhone 3.1.3 update for iPhone and iPod Touch users. This update does not really add anything new, but it does fix important bugs so iPhone and iPod Touch users should update.

The iPhone 3.1.3 software update includes the following:

• Reports battery level on iPhone 3GS with an improved accuracy

• Fixes issues that caused third party iPhone apps to crash

• Resolves a bug that caused an iPhone app to crash when the Japanese Kana keyboard is being used
    using the Japanese Kana keyboard

How to update to iPhone 3.1.3

1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your PC.

2. Launch the iTunes application and click the Check for updates button.

3. iTunes will show you the above window saying: "iTunes will update your iPhone to iPhone 3.1.3 software and will verify the update with Apple". Click on the Update button.
iPhone 3.1.2 software update

4. An iPhone OS 3.1.3 software update window will show up, click on the Next button. Read and and accept the license agreement. Once you've done that your download will start.

5. The file size of this update varies depending on which device you're updating. Once the iPhone 3.1.3 firmware update is done downloading it will start the installation process on your iPhone.

iPhone 3.1.3 Download Links

If you are having trouble downloading the iPhone 3.1.2 firmware through the iTunes Application then you can directly download the appropriate firmware for your device by downloading iPhone userbar and clicking Downloads button and then downloading the appropriate firmware:

• iPhone 3.1.3download (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)

• iPhone 3G 3.1.3 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)

• iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)

Note: Don't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.

iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreaking information

You can jailbreak your iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPod Touch on iPhone 3.1.2. I will update this post once an iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak is out.

J-man
February 2, 2010 at 7:46 AM

or you could just change the zip into a .ipsw

February 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Comes right after the iTunes update...

Neutral
February 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM

"I will update this post once an iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak is out."
Did you mistaken maybe ? Isn't it rather once an iPhone 3.1.3 jailbreak is out ?
;-)

Bashar
February 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I think yes, it should be 3.1.3 as Neutral said.
I do not much fixes or improvements that deserve to update to 3.1.3 !!
Why Apple can't release a fixpack instead of FULL Firmware release? that should be much easier and practical.

Just a thought ;)

dude
February 7, 2010 at 6:42 AM

it costs 5$ to buy......

Dave
February 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I need help.. i hacked my phone and now i want to unhack it.. how can i do that?

Domo
February 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Can you guys pleaseeeeee email me when they make a new jailbreak for the 3.1.3???!

Matt
February 15, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Can some one help please.... i d not no how to do this and mi friend has it i have the iphone 3g 3.1.3 helppppppp

Pedro Miguel
February 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I'd like to know where can I find the full list of the bugs fixed in 3.1.3.
3.1.2 has some annoyances, by example in the mail app. Sometimes it doesn't read the sender or the subject and it cannot be reloaded/refreshed to show that info. Is that fixed?

Michael
February 17, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Is there a website where yo can download it cuz i cant do it at home

Appler
February 17, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Restore it in iTunes

joseph
February 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM

This update sucks> It caused an error while downloading which is a 2 hr restore. Im so unhappy with apple lately. they are not who they claim to be.

John Commode
February 24, 2010 at 4:26 AM

"I do not much fixes or improvements that deserve to update to 3.1.3!"

Huh?

sandra
February 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Par contre moi je n'arrive pas a mettre mon iphone a jour version 3.1.3 !!
La mise a jour ne se finit pas elle bloque a la fin et aucunes solutions !!
Aidez moi svp

vila
February 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Can you guys pleaseeeeee mich per E-Mail, wenn sie einen neuen Jailbreak für die 3.1.3??!

Bill
February 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

0So anyways, I did te 3.1.3 update and well, I'm pissed...... The phone is Stuck on headphone mode. Tried all the fixes from the Q tip to the compressed air to f**king it with the iPhone headphones that came with the 3g. Even tried the genious bar. They didn't aknowledge this as a problem and I'm out of warranty. AT&T said I could buy another phone but would cost me both legs and an arm. Decided to get replacement headphone Jack from eBay and do it my self. Now the lock sleep button don't werk. Well, I think I'm gonna wait till the new droids come out and test drive them. Don't get me wrong though, the iPhone is frear but to many compromises 4 me.

Ashleigh
March 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I just did the update last night and my iPhone is now running on 3.1.3 but I'm totally pissed because now all the applications I downloaded/purchased cannot launch.... I'm going to revert back... anyway to do it on the phone itself instead of going through iTunes?

REBECCA CINK
March 3, 2010 at 12:30 AM

i updated my 3gs iphone from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and now my phone is locked. how can i unlock and please help

godspeedmav
March 10, 2010 at 3:16 AM

after being jailbreak the ipod touch....
can it also be restored to it's original firmware...???

war1ock8
March 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM

just got tech support hold down home+off/on until reboot to fix problems

shirlee
March 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I just got a iphone 3gs and i tried to updat to the 3.1.3 and i keep getting an error message saying try again no network connection. Can some one please help?

adam
March 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Check you firewall setting on your cpu and antivirus, make sure they are turned off whil doing the update

April 7, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Could anybody do a review for iPod/iPhone 3.1.3 AV USB HotSync Charge Cable ? It supports the lastest iPod/iPhone 3.1.3 version.

MAJID
September 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM

hi
i cant reset or format my iphone and how
i pressed and hold the power botton and home for 15 min but it's not work.

September 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Salam tanx

October 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM

HI REBECCA CINK ,
I guess your previous iPhone unlocking solutions was not permanent one.Because it's locked once updated your iPhone.So you will need to unlock your phone permanently.If you need any permanent unlocking solutions visit Prounlocking.com
Here you can unlock your iPhone using Remote unlocking service.It's one of the best way to unlock your iPhone 3GS without jailbreaking.After getting unlocking service,you can update your iPhone without having any problem,It's never gets locked after updating.