Mozilla has released the final version of Firefox 3.6, and you can download Firefox 3.6 from this link. The download size is 7.7 MB. I've been using Firefox for 2 hours now and it seems to be a little faster than the previous version and more stable as well. I was previously using Firefox 3.5 and it frequently crashed whenever I had around 4 tabs open, but that hasn't happened on Firefox 3.6 so far.
What's new in Firefox 3.6?
- Firefox 3.6 uses the Gecko 1.9.2 rendering platform - This version is faster and more responsive than the previous one.
- Personas - This is a new way to theme your Firefox and personalize it. Users can browse for Personas on GetPersonas.com and download a persona with just a click, and without having to restart Firefox to install it.
- Better Protection - Firefox will now warn you if you have any outdated plug-ins that need to be updated. This is important because older plug-ins can have security issues and stability problems.
- Languages - Firefox 3.6 is now available in more than 70 languages.
- Developers - There are some new CSS attributes, and new DOM and HTML 5 specifications. If you are a developer you can see all the changes here.
Firefox 3.6 direct download links
- Firefox 3.6 - Windows (Filename: Firefox Setup 3.6.exe)
- Firefox 3.6 - Mac (Filename: Firefox 3.6.dmg)
- Firefox 3.6 - Linux(Filename: firefox-3.6.tar.bz2)