Home » » Uninstall blackra1n iPhone app

Uninstall blackra1n iPhone app

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, December 25, 2009 | 5:22 AM

blackra1n iPhone app
Did you recently jailbreak your Apple iPhone? You are going to want to delete the blackra1n iPhone app once you are done installing Cydia, Rock, or sn0w. To do this, just open the blackra1n iPhone app and tap on the red circle next to the "Uninstall blackra1n" button. Once you're done tap on delete. Your iPhone or iPod touch will now respring and the blackra1n iPhone app will be uninstalled.

For those that don't know what blackra1n is, it's an iPhone app created by geohot that allows you to install Cydia, Rock, or unlock your iPhone to use with another carrier. People use blackra1n mainly to jailbreak/unlock and get iPhone apps that Apple wouldn't approve in the App Store.

YourAnIdiot
December 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Are you Fked in the head? Once you uninstall blackra1n you can't get it back unless you restore your iPhone/touch, and if you have a 3rd gen touch (tehered) you might fk it up or turn it off accidentally you won't be able to rejailbreak because you hav removed blackra1n, Basicaly it is SAFER to keep blackra1n! You either are really fked in the head or you work for apple and you're trying to get people to fk up there idevices.

-Concerned Jailbreaker

fesef
December 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM

YourAnIdiot is right!!

ipod user
December 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM

well i have an ipod with 3.1.2 and after jailbreaking i uninstalled it and everythings working great, havnt had any major problems so yeah worked for me but w/e

ipod user 2
January 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

does it glitch alot and is it worth it

BOB
January 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM

ur a retard.. is u delte the blackrain thing it will just uninstal the blackrain icon.. u can do that after u instal cydia and other apps u want so its safe to U **** HEAD!... u some kind of ****ed up retard u low life motha ***a and yes ur a queer

BOB
January 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM

yea its worth doing it.. i did it with my iphone 3gs and blackrain works never so perfect ( meaning YES! its great ) and u can always get rid of it by pluging it in to itunes and restore it and ... BAMM! ur iphone is like brand new :D

steru
January 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM

but i accidentaly deleted the blackra1n before installing anything! so any idea to reinstall it?

dhunter
January 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

steru me too, I'm exactly in the same place as you are.

Why, why am I so curious to do such a mess??? XDDD

Kaizer
February 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Me too...i did the same thing...uninstalled blackra1n without installing Cydia...i did it cos my Iphone was sayin "check wireless connection" while i was already connected to wi-fi...it thought if i try the process agin it might work...but it juss wouldnt install black rain again...HELPPPP!!
n i cant even restore my Iphone agin..cos when i go to Itunes Restore...it says it will update my firmware to 3.1.3...n i read somwhere...if u have a jailbroken Iphone i shouldnt upadate it juss yet or i wont be able 2 jailbreak it ever agin:S
can any1 guide me?...is there another way 2 unjailbreak my fone back to 3.1.2

Fred
February 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I pluged in my ipod to the computer and it deleted blackra1n and cydia and every time i try to reinstall blavkra1n it goes ti the itunes page and says Device going into RECOVERY MODE and it wont install. Can anyone help??????? and yes i have restored my ipod

Vijay
February 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM

i installed blackra1n in my iphone 3gs and later i had uninstalled it. but now i'm not able reinstall it again. plz could u help me out from this. i even erased all contents and took a try to install blackra1n but no use... iphone is not rebooting only.

GUTA
February 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM

it happened the same thing to me.....if you have the ansewer please,.....tell me. tks

Abe
February 23, 2010 at 1:26 AM

@Kaizer: any updates on your iPhone? had the same problem. can anyone help?

mike
February 28, 2010 at 5:50 AM

hey..dis seems to be rell helpful...here is my problem...i already tried to delete cydia and winterboard tru the cydelete app and i got warnings for both saying there were errors uninstalling them and that they weren't completely uninstalled..however,the cydia and winterboard icon is no longer on my screen...i really need help..do you have any videos on how 2get ssh and use it?..i dnt know anything about ssh...tanks

be
March 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM

someone help please, i deleted bla1n rain from, then because everytime i turned off my phone i got the usb and itunes logo, so i thought i would try to restore it to 3.1.2 so i click restore on the iphone 3gs now evertime i turn it on it just goes to the usb and itunes logo, i cant reinstall blackra1n though it does show the guy it doesnt do anything to my phone...aghhh? what can i do to get it to the main screen at least ? or do i have to update to 3.1.3

be
March 3, 2010 at 5:46 PM

using snow breeze of course with the custom firmware for 3.1.3 ?

March 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Please help I need to get the blackra1n back
on my fone..it was Jailbroken but I deleted it
by accident.my iPhone 3gs is workin fine but
if I swich off the fone I use blackrain to boot
up that's fine but how do I get cydia

March 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Help pleas faizeltaliep@yahoo.com

adam
March 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i have the same problem...please let me know what to do...i have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3.1.2 with tmobile and i accidently deleted blackra1n before installing cydia. how can i get blackra1n back so i can have cydia...i have tried almost everything and i have tried to reinstall blackra1n and nothing happens...what can i do...please someone help me out...thanks

March 13, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hey yea i did the exact same thing deleted it before i installed anything. I hear we can plug it in and re-run blackra1n to get your ipod recognized, then click the restore button and download the latest version following that it should automaticly ask you if you want to download and restore after it has finished downloading, after that then your ipod or iphone should be like new. I AM NO EXPERT though but that is what i am doing as i type this. Hope this helps.

Paul
March 15, 2010 at 5:37 AM

Is anyone out there having an issue downloading photos from your iPhone to iPhoto after doing a jailbreak?? I'm having such an issue iPhoto is not recognizing the phone while iTunes does. If I reset my phone will jailbreak go away??

Ipodtouchhere
March 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Hey ppls i wanted to know because i delted my blackra1n and want it back, can u try to put it in by ssh with the blackra1n on the computer? Or if there is another way without restoring pls tell me.
ty

March 22, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Restore it to a newer version. And jailbrk it wt blackra1n. If this doesnt work make a free account in itunes and enjoy free games

nourafknidiot
April 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM

dude my ipod dies all the time and its jailbroken with blackra1n all u do is plug it back into the computer and click blackra1n, make iit ra1n and ur done it turns on ur ipod. you dont have to restore it or anything u can remove the app on ur ipod and still have it jailbroken if u could read ud notice it says that on the display picture.....

Felix
April 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Hi guys!! I tried everything and now I'm tired of that... so, I decided never turn off my iphone and wait until someone find the solution...
I always got stuck with the itunes logo, and then I've to install blackra1n again in order to turn on my iphone, however i don't have any other issue with my iphone I mean internet contection, itunes etc....
good luck
and I hope someone find the solution,because I don't want to update my iphone///