Home » » Nexus One

Nexus One

Written By Hans Berger on Saturday, December 12, 2009 | 3:18 PM

Google itself has confirmed that they are working with a partner and building a new device with new mobile features and capabilities. Jessica Vascellaro from the Wall Street Journal posted that the name of the phone is the Nexus One phone and it's being manufactured by HTC, and John Gruber from Daring Fireball even reported seeing a Nexus One in his traffic logs. Google has not confirmed the name is Nexus One, but until they do that's the name we will be referring to their phone as.

Nexus One pictures

HTC Nexus One

These images are from TheUnlockr and if their sources are real then these are pictures of the Nexus One.

Nexus One specs

None of the specs have been confirmed, but here is what people who have had hands on access with the Nexus One have reported on Twitter and other forums.

• Android 2.1 operating system

• Capacitive OLED touch screen

• Snapdragon 1 GHz processor

• GSM

• Voice to speech dictation in every app

• Thinner than the iPhone

• On-screen keyboard (no physical keyboard)

Nexus One release date

If the rumors are true, the Nexus One is expected to be released in January 2010.

This post will be updated with more accurate information as we get them. If you are interested in this phone, bookmark this page and check back later for updates or you can follow @QuickPWN on twitter, or subscribe to our RSS feed.

Steve
December 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Move over iPhone, and hello Nexus One!

nexus one
December 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM

no physical keyboard? that's it, I'm getting the Droid!

NexusONE iPhONE
December 13, 2009 at 9:37 AM

How sad, the iPhone 4th generation will beat this sucker.

December 14, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Google is going to rule the world.

I'm still waiting for the day when Google or Apple start manufacturing vehicles.

The Google Car.... or Apple's iDrive....

Or manufacturing microchip implants for your brain giving you web access, picture, video and music all in your own head.

Google's "Feed".... or Apple's "iThink".

hahaha Ok I'm done.

This phone sounds like it would be awesome. A 1ghz processor in a phone sounds amazing. I remember how many desktop computers I've owned in the past that were slower than 1ghz.... now we're getting those speeds in a device that can fit in our pockets. It's amazing. I think as a device it could do very well. I'm not so sure about how the voice options would work. If it's not tethered to any carrier does that mean you can choose your carrier or that Google will provide that service? If they will provide it I wonder what their plans will be. I would hope it would be something like Sprint's Everything Data plans where it's only based on the amount of minutes you want and everything else is included. Sprint's plans are just common sense.

Fennec
December 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I heard that the price of the google phone is around $1,000.00
are you kidding me !!!???

Rob
December 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM

You said it... so no we are not kidding you, you are kidding you...

some people will believe anything...

LOL
December 15, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Dumbass, try 99 dollars, with a full data plan at 30 dollars a month.

Bruney3
December 15, 2009 at 9:06 AM

GSM???? not 3G????

kufudo
December 15, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Apparently the phone will cost $199 outright and be offered with FREE DATA with T-Mobile and other carriers around the world. Money will be made through advertising revenue from the AdMob acquisition and new Android features. More info at http://tinyurl.com/ydvuolq

duffmann116
December 16, 2009 at 2:43 PM

thats because its in its 4th generation, they have had time to fix bugs and crap like that, this is a brand new phone.

Jega
January 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I will wait for 3G, GSM huh.....