...It's Christmas, and I'm sure a lot of people got an Apple iPod touch as a gift. If you own an iPod touch, you may want to consider jailbreaking it. Why should you jailbreak? Check our jailbreak post for more info. Jailbreaking your iPod touch is pretty easy with blackra1n. Just follow the steps below!
Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 tutorial
1. Download the free iPhone OS 3 toolbar (on Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari) and install it.
2. Click the Downloads button and click on the Download blackra1n RC3 link to download it.
3. Connect your iPod touch to your computer and open the blackra1n application.
4. Click the make it ra1n button.
5. blackra1n will now put your iPod Touch in recovery mode and display the above image of Geohot. While in recovery mode, blackra1n will jailbreak your iPod touch.
6. Once blackra1n is done jailbreaking, your iPod Touch will reboot and you should see the blackra1n icon on your iPod touch screen.
7. Tap the blackra1n icon to open it. You have the option of installing either Cydia, Icy, or Rock. Select the applications you would like to install and then click the Install button to install them.
8. Once you've installed the applications, restart your iPod touch. To do that, just hold down the top button until the Slide to power off message appears. Slide the button, and wait for your device to turn off. Turn on your device and you should now see the applications you selected on your iPod Touch.
Congratulations, you have successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch, give yourself a pat on the back! Now you have access to a lot more applications and modifications that you will never see in the App Store. We will be covering a lot of cool jailbreak apps in future posts, please subscribe to our newsletter if you found this tutorial helpful. If you liked this, feel free to pass on this information to people you know!