Home » » Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, December 25, 2009 | 2:36 AM

It's Christmas, and I'm sure a lot of people got an Apple iPod touch as a gift. If you own an iPod touch, you may want to consider jailbreaking it. Why should you jailbreak? Check our jailbreak post for more info. Jailbreaking your iPod touch is pretty easy with blackra1n. Just follow the steps below!

Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 tutorial

1. Download the free iPhone OS 3 toolbar (on Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari) and install it.

2. Click the Downloads button and click on the Download blackra1n RC3 link to download it.

3. Connect your iPod touch to your computer and open the blackra1n application.
blackra1n make it ra1n

4. Click the make it ra1n button.
blackra1n recovery mode

5. blackra1n will now put your iPod Touch in recovery mode and display the above image of Geohot. While in recovery mode, blackra1n will jailbreak your iPod touch.
blackra1n screen

6. Once blackra1n is done jailbreaking, your iPod Touch will reboot and you should see the blackra1n icon on your iPod touch screen.
blackra1n iPod touch app

7. Tap the blackra1n icon to open it. You have the option of installing either Cydia, Icy, or Rock. Select the applications you would like to install and then click the Install button to install them.
Slide to power of iPod touch

8. Once you've installed the applications, restart your iPod touch. To do that, just hold down the top button until the Slide to power off message appears. Slide the button, and wait for your device to turn off. Turn on your device and you should now see the applications you selected on your iPod Touch.

What now?

iPod touch succsessfully jailbroken

Congratulations, you have successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch, give yourself a pat on the back! Now you have access to a lot more applications and modifications that you will never see in the App Store. We will be covering a lot of cool jailbreak apps in future posts, please subscribe to our newsletter if you found this tutorial helpful. If you liked this, feel free to pass on this information to people you know!

corey jones
December 25, 2009 at 3:04 AM

when i use blackra1n itunes says that my ipod needs to recover and it deletes all of my songs and apps and acts as it just got plugged in for the first time. how do i fix this?

SilentNaga
December 25, 2009 at 3:34 AM

I've "made it ra1n" several times, and I NEVER got the Blackra1n icon on my iPod Touch screen any of the times it rebooted. What's going on?

December 25, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Hi,

I have tried this method and several others involving blackra1n. Every time, it repeats the behavior 'corey jones' has reported above. I am on 3.1.2 and the iPod Touch has never been jailbroken or modified.

Please help.

Sincerely,
Zack Fulpington

December 25, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Sorry, please disregard that.

rick
December 25, 2009 at 4:10 AM

after i jailbreak ipod touch 3g 32gb with blackra1n, it works great, at least the jailbreak part. but after i install rock/cydia and go to reboot, it starts backup on recovery mode asking to be hooked up to itunes...not sure what the problem is. i have a 32gb iphone 3gs and it worked flawlessly on the first attempt. does anyone have any suggestions?

jtan
December 25, 2009 at 5:54 AM

This happened to me as well. 32GB ipod touch. Jailbreak went great and then after installing cydia and rebooting it won't do anything until it is hooked to itunes. Itunes wants to recover it.

rick
December 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM

apparently there is a tethering issue. when it boots back up, you have to have blackra1n running on your pc for it to boot back up. make sure its plugged in and close itunes when it tells you it found an ipod in recovery. hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Big B
December 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM

ya will have to restore you i pod touch to do the jailbreak so sync what ya got then after restoring like new then do the blackrain the only difference with the new i pod are that they are tethered jailbreaks so that means if ya turn it off completely or let the battery run dead ya wil have to rerun blackrain so my advice is not to follow the step of powering off your i pod or you will have to run black rain again

M
December 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Fantastic, worked first time without fault.

~M

jem
December 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM

hello,

I was wondering if you can jailbreak your ipod with just your ipod. Is there any way to do that. I searched an app called cydia and that is supposed to be in the appstore but its not. If you know anyway to do this please contact me at jemmag9@gmail.com

Thanks

CZ
December 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Everything went ok...until...after I installed Cydia and turned off and turned on my iPod touch (as instructed), iTunes cannot detect my ipod...and i cant even use it anymore. Any advise on this?

CZ
December 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM

everything went well until after i installed cydia and turned off my ipod touch. when i turned it on, iTunes can't detect my ipod and i can't use it anymore!...Any advise on this?

stuck
December 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

how did you fix it? i have the same problem

Syhrezd
December 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

There is alternate for iTunes

Jjbreezy
December 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I got the same problem as SilentNaga I got the picture of Geohot but not the blackra1n icon. could you be more specific with the details?

nicolyn
December 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM

hey! after i downloaded the toolbar, there isnt a "download" button. HELP!

Hans
December 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

If you don't see one then just go to http://www.blackra1n.com, scroll down to the bottom and click either Windows or Mac logo depending on your system to download it.

rick
December 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM

hey M, are having an issue at all with having to run blackra1n every time you reboot your ipod?

Graham
December 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM

The Blackra1n jailbreak for 3rd Generation iPod Touch is not a permanent solution. It is a tethered solution. What this means is if you power down your iPod (or drain the battery) it will restart in recovery mode. You WILL need to be connected to a PC with Blackra1n installed on it and run the program again. I have this on my iPod touch 3rd Gen and accidentally powered off, needless to say I couldn't do anything until I had the USB cable connected and ran Blackra1n again. I have decided to wait until there is a permanent jailbreak for the iPod touch 3G. Lots of people got iPods for Christmas so there will be a lot of people getting frustrated because they didn't read the release notes and blogs.

"If your ipt2/3GS/ipt3 is rebooting into recovery after running blackra1n, this isn't a bug. It's a feature. You need to run blackra1n every time to boot it. This 'feature', called tethered jailbreak, is enabled by upgrades Apple made to the bootrom and the fact ipt3 uses nand flash."

alex
December 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM

wow bruh i did that shit i turned it off nd it fuckin showed the itunes sign nd the usb sign i was like wtf this is retarded hahah but thanks for telling me now :)

Dima
December 25, 2009 at 6:46 PM

The problem that most people have depends on what version or generation iPod you have. For example. My iPod is 3.1.2. And this has not been ending half good for over five tries. My friend has a secnd gen iPod and he had no
problem with his. I think the best thing
to do is wait till they let out an official version of the jailbreak before you try it.

firpo
December 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

anyone how to UN-jb the itouch 3rd gen? this "fature" is so annoying

Marc
December 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I thought the same thing. Slide your springboard to the left, it was sitting there on the next screen all by itself.

zach
December 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM

so my ipod wont download the iphone thing at the beginning and i need some help im on a 3g 32gb ipod touch and its running on 3.1.2 and im thinking about jailbreaking it but i dont know will i lose my music or anything like that and its going to be a tethered jailbreak or whatever so please help

zach
December 26, 2009 at 1:50 AM

someone help me please

joe b
December 26, 2009 at 2:57 AM

You should mention in this article how you need to carry around a fucking life support system for your iPod anytime you wanna turn it on and have it function lol :D Soo.... is there any way we can un-jailbreak our iPod touches?

Mark
December 26, 2009 at 5:43 AM

I ran the program listed above, the screen showed a strange mutilcolored checkerboard for a very long period of time, how long will it remaian like this and is this normal?

nick quinn
December 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM

same thin here im about to go return it :( its pissing me off

nick quinn
December 26, 2009 at 6:48 AM

please fix the tethering problem

December 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM

if you do it on your iPhone you are an iDiot!

Captain R-Tard
December 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Just ran this on my ipod touch 1G and the first attempt it went into recovery mode however I did not get the blackra1n logo at all.

I rebooted the ipod and it went back to normal to my home screen.
So attempt #2 I tried it again and this time it successfully went into recovery mode and then the blackra1n logo appeared. Within seconds it popped up saying the jailbreak was complete.

Installed Cydia and rebooted the device again and it's working perfectly. I believe since I have a 1G touch I don't have to worry about the tethering problem, which is great!

piti
December 26, 2009 at 9:57 AM

um im scared to jailbreak it. is this the right thing to do. what if io get caught by someone is it against the law. i mean i want to but idk how. will it mess it up comepletly et me know :)

nathan
December 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM

no it is not illegal. Some of the stuff you can download are illegal but the majority of the stuff you get from jailbreaking are not copyrighted or anything so just watch what you download if you want to stay legal.

kyle
December 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM

how long does it take to reboot.....I have the picture on my screen with the kid and the 3 ipod touches?

Chris
December 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM

when i download. i run, install cydia, when i reboot it wants me to connect to itunes and restore again. what should i do. it will only let me restore

avinash
December 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM

dude, my internet and apps stopped working! what do i do?

December 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM

GOD DAMN i dont want to mess it up... i just got it, but I want dTunes (1\/3 833|\| 1|\| +0 +3|-| 1|_|_394|_ |\/||_|$1( |_3\|/+ |>|-|0.-3\/3.-, 1 4|_$0 |\|0 \|/|-|3.-3 +0 93+ 4|_|_ ||-|4|\/|0|_|$|-| |-|4><0.-1|\|9 $0|=+\|/4.-3 0|\| +3|-| |\|3+!)

now... unleet that....

avinash
December 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM

can it be fixed? please i need to know asap thxx 4 ur trouble

Daniel
December 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Does it work for all 3g Ipod's because i rememeber reading it didnt work for some model 3g?

Joshua
December 26, 2009 at 2:32 PM

soon as i click make it rain, it says entering recovery and itunes comes up and wants me to restore and update. blackrain doesnt do anything but stay in entering recovery and i sit there for bout 10 min and still nothing.. once i click restore on itunes and the process begins, then blackrain says done... whats that about

Cory
December 26, 2009 at 2:34 PM

It's a "minor" setback with the newer iPod touches and iPhones and is dubbed the "tethered jailbreak". Basically when u reboot and it shows to connect to itunes, you need to connect to your pc/mac and run blackra1n again (not restore) and it will boot right up.

Kickass420
December 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I am an iPod noob does anyone know if I jailbreak my iPod v3.1.2. Can I still reset it back to factory defalt later on

Matt
December 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Hey when I run blackra1n it goes to geoholyz face then when it supposed to reboot it just turns off and I can't get it 2 turn back on and the only way I can turn it on is on iTunes. Pls help

PeeGee
December 26, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Yea, I wasn't told about that "tethered jailbreak" thing either. I'm trying to restore it now, but iTunes isn't connecting to their servers. This is really bumming me out...

touchproblem
December 26, 2009 at 11:26 PM

man i managed to get blackra1n on my ipod touch, but it said check your internet connection instead of rock, cydia and ice, so i removed it, and everytime i jailbreak it again the icon 'blackra1n' wont appear anymore.
now, im faced with two problems:
1) im not even sure if my touch is jailbroken because i did not install rock/cydia
2) my ipod touch became tethered to the jailbreak...fml

so will there be any official jailbreaks coming out soon? or are there any un-jailbreakers? heeeeeelp

Demetre
December 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Does jailbreaking make ur I pod slower?

Gregg
December 27, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Is there any way to correct this problem?

touchproblem
December 27, 2009 at 2:44 AM

yup i just did

nate
December 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM

jailbroke it. but after I restarted it, i lost everything. Now itunes won't let me sync it (calls it an iphone, its an itouch) and my ipod says that it needs to plugged in to itunes. I now have an ipod that doesn't work and won't work. What do I do?

nate
December 27, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Having same problem

touchproblem
December 27, 2009 at 3:31 AM

same, i had to use another laptop to restore

touchproblem
December 27, 2009 at 3:31 AM

tethered jailbreak, you have to click on the 'make it ra1n' button to turn on properly, when it turns off again, u gotta keep repeating it

Taylor
December 27, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Yah that is the same with me!!!

Bob
December 27, 2009 at 5:23 AM

it fried my ipod touch, litterally there was smoke coming out from it!!!it set my homework on fire and my teacher gave me detention for the rest of the term!!!! thxz alot u jailbreaking fraud!!!!:D

z-dub
December 27, 2009 at 5:42 AM

how will u kno when its jailbroken

Kurtis
December 27, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Yer plug in to itunes and click on your ipod then find the tab with the restor ipoddd in it. easyyy XD

aaron
December 27, 2009 at 8:33 AM

sound to me with all these problems that it isnt worth my time or worth recking my touch

mandy
December 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM

i tried this and the picture with the guy and ipod touches came up but the blackrain icon never showed up. i ran it again and my ipod just froze with the usb and itunes pic.
wat did i do wrong? and how do i fix it?

Griffio
December 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM

This worked great! YAY!!

Shali
December 27, 2009 at 12:05 PM

It worked just fine for me. I just hate the fact tht if I either reboot, restart, or turn off my itouch, it shows the 'connect to iTunes' pic. I guess that's the tethering setback, but it's not good when ya not near a pc, you know? Hope that gets fixed soon.

Kawe
December 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Can i jailbreak an ipod touch 3rd generation? cause i know you can jailbreak 3.1.2 but how about third generation ?
or Ipod Touch (late 2009)? Thanks

December 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Jailbroken!!! It's turning into a bomb. Explode at any second!!!

Marc
December 27, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Apparently the blackra1n jailbreak doesn't work for the iPod Touch 3.1.2 (8GB) that have a model number starting in MC ...is there a fix for this, and if not, is there an alternative way to jailbreak the Touch?

mick
December 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM

works great got my ipod big w adelaide late dec 09
ran black rain worked fine loaded appsyc all signed apps work etc
pity when you power down ipod reset as new you have to run blackrain again on your pc to restore everthing comes back with no problems . who turns off the mobile phones these days so just leave your ipod and keep it charge thanks blackrain makers and seasons greeting.

bella
December 27, 2009 at 7:40 PM

wen i turn off my ipod i have to restore it and cydia is gone

jhon
December 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM

when i pressed the make it ra1n it didnt make anything ? why?

Nana
December 27, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Ive done what it says but when i click on make it ra1n
i check on itunes and it says my ipod touch is in recovery mode and it says 'you must restore this ipod before it can be used with itunes' and on my itouch it doesnt have the picture of geo instead its a pic of the usb connecting to itunes.

Can anyone help me please? ive been trying to do this for a while but getting the same problem.

Ari
December 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I am happy that iPod Touch 3G can be jailbreake, but the problem is after jailbreaking the iPod will be stuck at recovery mode, and I have to use blaickra1n to got the ipod to normal mode again, and also if I turn off or reboot the iPod, ipod will stuck again to recovery mode.
There is any solution to fix this problem?
Thank you guys! Hapoy new year!!

Ari
December 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

After your press makit ra1n your ipod will be turn off you must quickly press home and power button untill the geohotz picture comming out, then your ipod will jailbreaked.

z-dub
December 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM

it showed me the usb/itunes logo while i was rebooting i clicked blackrain to run it again and my screen became orange and its frozen and itunes won't pick up the connection....HELP!!!!!!!!

jus
December 28, 2009 at 5:53 AM

how do you get the third party apps?

jus
December 28, 2009 at 5:56 AM

please tell me how you get the apps. i got the blackrain logo but when i get on cydia it just exits out?

aiyaa
December 28, 2009 at 6:10 AM

SAME HEREE !!! HELP PLZ

chris
December 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM

really!

HERO
December 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM

I have been having this problem all morning as well on my 3G[S] and it has been working fine for months now...

L.Cpl Smith
December 28, 2009 at 6:56 AM

You an arsehole or something? It doesn't even work! It didn't put any blackra1n applications onto my iphone alls it done was make me shit myself thinking I broke my phone in the middle of a god dam desert and would have to wait months before I got home to get a new one!!

Ollie
December 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM

My itouches iBoot is 240.5.1. I got it at xmas and its a 3g 8g. Can it be jailbroken unteathered?

trent
December 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM

wen i do it and then turn it off and bak on i hav to restore it and then put all my songs and shit on again

ROB
December 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

It doesnt work for 3.1.2 Gb8
Why?

arthur
December 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

all sites say that blackra1n DOES NOT work on 3rd gen MC models iPods...yet everyone still tries it then act as it's a shock. Wait until the crack for it will come out...it's just a matter of time.

Ari
December 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM

you need to learn how to do it! Jailbreak mean you have your own risk if something happen if you do it your by your foul!
Restore it again and try again! I need to learn for 3 years to be professional not in one day dud!

December 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

cool! i using OS 3.0 before, and this is the simplest jailbreaking i ever done

goodleeu
December 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM

HEY WHICH FIRMWARE U USING ? can i upgrade to firmware 3.1.2 on my itouch 2g from 2.2.1 which i jailbreaked using quickpwn but all latest games like nfsu,nova,hawx etc wont workn on it ..and then jailbreak via blackrain..will it run smooth ?

goodleeu
December 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

seriousfear
December 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Woo got the iPod touch 3G version 3.1.2 and this works great :O!!!
Spent so much time looking for something like this. Thnx for the tutorial! :D!

December 29, 2009 at 2:42 AM

With the help of a friend, found a way to JB 3.1.2 (7D11) on my Touch 2G using redsn0w. Since I'm sure mods will kill any links to my site, I'll post it here-

Get Redsn0w 0.8, firmware 3.0 (7A341), and custom 3.1.2 (7D11). If you can't make your own custom firmwares, it's out there, you'll find it.

Do a legit iTunes 3.0 restore. Using Redsn0w and the 3.0 firmware, start the jailbreak process. Here's the important part: After you're in DFU mode, when Redsn0w starts working, keep your mouse on the cancel button(but don't click it yet). After the first stage is uploaded, the iPod will restart and go from white screen to black.

CLICK CANCEL NOW.

Go back to iTunes, shift + restore your custom 3.1.2. Bada boom. Done deal.

Apparently there's a hole in iTunes that allows you to restore to this custom firmware after the initial exploit takes place. I used this method after Blackra1n wouldn't work for me. Enjoy.

hazzjak
December 29, 2009 at 4:28 AM

Hi all,

I have installed blackra1n and followed the instructions. all went great until I open the blackra1n icon and get “loading available installers” All I then get is “please check your internet connection. (err…

I have reset my network settings, reset all settings and reinstalled blackra1n TWICE and restored twice in itunes. I CAN’T INSTALL CYDIA!

I have read all the posts above put can’t get past this problem. I am jailbreaking an ipod touch not an Iphone. All my Wifi settings are working fine. I can access utube etc. it just seems to be blackra1n that has the problem connecting.

Please help.
Thanks

Pretorian
December 29, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I had the same issue, but could not restore on the version of itunes i had. I just got the itunes update and then i was able to restore my ipod touch. I tried holding the power/home button for 10 secs but that did not work. make sure you have the latest version of itunes to do a restore

joe b
December 29, 2009 at 6:37 AM

This one doesn't. All this article talks about is how great jailbreaking is and how everyone should do it. It doesn't mention tethered and untethered and all that crap.

IpodNewb
December 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM

i am seriously the biggest ipod newb ever and this jailbreak took me literally 30 seconds. you sir are a genious i donated. fo reals if u cant do it your a bigger newb than me:P

steven
December 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

it was the jailbreak and the easiest trust me it is very good its my first time i jailbrack my ipod touch and it was easy

zack
December 29, 2009 at 1:32 PM

im having the same problem

gettingmad
December 29, 2009 at 1:33 PM

im having the same proplem i have tried it at least 30 times

dogs10109
December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

yey its working
note: i had to run the install like five times till it worked

Stacy
December 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Its taking forever to reboot! How long is it going to take.

riverwood
December 29, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I get to exactly the same spot, connection error message on my 3g touch ipod 3.12 and its not for the lack of tryin, had to restore many times still no good, can anyone please help

James
December 30, 2009 at 4:44 AM

Stacy, has it done yet? i want to jailbreak mine but i dont know what websites to trust.
Some might give the ipod a bug or mess it up.

is this site to be trusted???

pleease write back sooon!!

Raul
December 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Yes it works but you can not reboot your IPod or you will lose it like me LOL

Joel
December 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

worked like a charm

Jack
December 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Raul do you mean u lost the ipod (broke) or you lost the jailbreaky thing? please write back!

chris j
December 30, 2009 at 2:59 PM

doesn't even work. WHen i goto restart it makes me reboot to factory settings. Oh well thanks for wasting my time.

Glitch
December 30, 2009 at 3:15 PM

If your iPod does not reboot plug it back into the computer and run blackrain it will then allow it to reboot. Your apps will still be there, it does not re jailbreak or uninstall any 3rd party apps. I find it extremely impractical to have to have a computer whenever you need to turn on your iPod. Oh well maybe future versions will be more user friendly.

chris
December 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Anyone know when 2/3g 8GB blackrain or redsnow version will come out? Neither can jailbreak 2/3g 8GB MC model.

Angela
December 30, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I just got my itouch and I want to know if this side is trustable. My firmware is 3.1.2.

Can I anyone pls tell me of this site is true cause I got my touch for Christmas and I don't want to screw it up ):

Aaron
December 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

yessssss i fixed my ipod touch
what happened was i was using that blackrain and i hate it now lol
i disconnected from it as i thought it wasnt working then i had the usb thing connecting to itunes logos
this was recovery mode and i just couldnt find a way to get out of it
i was angry as i only had the ipod for 1 day lol
today i went on another computer installed itunes and successfully restored my ipod to the factory settings

i tell you what i wont be trying this blackrain crap after this

bb
December 31, 2009 at 2:00 AM

i just used this, its worked fine for me. I juts need to know how to work cydia

Craig McCormick
December 31, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Thanks for this. And yes, it is completly trust worthy.

mohamad
December 31, 2009 at 4:35 AM

please write back soon!!!!!!!!!! i got my touch 2months ago....

i was wonderng can you tell me all about jailbreakng your od touch.

tellall about the advantages and disadvantages.......

afterall the ipod is my life i was saving my money to get it for a very long time almost 1year and a half......................please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mohamad
December 31, 2009 at 5:02 AM

did it finish rebooting???

Jordan
December 31, 2009 at 5:51 AM

worked quickly & efficiently

daniel
December 31, 2009 at 6:53 AM

do blackra1n thats what i have mine for but i dont get why cydia doesnt work

todd
December 31, 2009 at 12:59 PM

you cant screw it up the only thing u would do it put it into recovery mode

brandon
December 31, 2009 at 1:46 PM

ummmm when i did this my ipod did nothing that it was supposed to do and it got VERY messed up.

brandon
December 31, 2009 at 1:49 PM

when i did this i did it like it said to do and my ipod got messed up.

Richard
December 31, 2009 at 2:33 PM

well just got my new ipod touch and jailbreaking was a breeze, so easy to do, and it works great, some nice applications are available ...

December 31, 2009 at 5:17 PM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS!!!!!! IT MIGHT WORK FOR Less people but even tho it worked and you connected it to itunes you will be blocked like mine ! now its nothing but a bright screen cant fix it in any way cant even connect it to my pc it doesnt respond dont do it!!!!!!!!

December 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

hey look i can make a fake name and comment to make my product look good :D ! Oh noes! i made it to oblivous!!! better make more names cause im teh l33t h4x, download my warezz.

Don't be fooled. Trust nothing on websites.

Kid Kid
December 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

The same thing happened to me

Kid Kid
December 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I did it, but wen i put in into my comp it says i have to restore how do i fix that?

January 1, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Just lock your ipod, dont turn it off. it has like 300hours battery when its just locked, so if you recharge it after every use, it will be fine.

Bouze
January 1, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Just run blackra1n on my son's new ipod touch 8GB, worked fine, installed a few games copied from my iphone and they work like on the phone. You'll have to re-blackra1n if you reboot the device. That's quit annoying, since it requires a computer.

James
January 1, 2010 at 3:20 AM

what is recovery mode?

JOEY927
January 1, 2010 at 3:58 AM

I already install it. I dont see any diference. Now I have blackra1n and cydia icons but I cant install downloaded games or else. It still blocked.

January 1, 2010 at 5:32 AM

once jailbroken and u wish to restart turn off ipod then it will have the connect to itunes logo then just rune blackra1n again

January 1, 2010 at 5:37 AM

what is reboot?

January 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM

this is sooooooooo good :):):):):):):);)

anon
January 1, 2010 at 5:52 AM

when it powers off, connect by usb to computer and run blackra1n again. you don't have to restore it.

January 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..DID the jailbreaking..turned the ipod off..and now it doesnt turn on..it says that should be restored by itunes..and bla bla..so now? :S

adam
January 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM

can u get in any trouble

Sky
January 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I just dont get why people do this. u just screw it up and get pissed every time.

Vivi
January 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

wow this was soo fast and super easy! thanks!

lalallala
January 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

it works

George
January 2, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I tried this on my first gen iTouch (with 3.1.2) and got as far as the "done, wait for reboot" screen. Nothing happened. My iTouch didn't reboot. Nothing appeared on the screen and I had to restart my iTouch manually. After rest arting, there was no BlackRa1n icon on my iTouch. So, I'm assuming it was a waste of time.

Rob
January 2, 2010 at 4:12 AM

I restored my 3rd generation 8GB Ipod Touch and I've tried using Blackra1n many times, and it reboots to the normal Ipod touch, no jailbreak...what do I do?

Mark
January 2, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Will this work on a brand new ipod touch (8GB)

January 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM

this blows

January 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM

can u get in any trouble?
is it possible yor ipod slow down or not work at all?
will someone reply and tell me if this is safe to do !!
PLZ REPLY!

January 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM

can u get in any trouble?
is it possible yor ipod slow down or not work at all?
will someone reply and tell me if this is safe to do !!
PLZ REPLY!
\/

steve
January 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM

It works great. If it freezes after loading in app you can just reboot with itunes. My problem is after 1 day my ipod froze. I i used blackra1n and then you need to load a seperate app that allows you to load games into itunes. When blackra1n crashes I have been told to plu your ipod in and re-launch blackra1n. The next time mine freezes I will try this.

Jimmy
January 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Dude, you are my hero

Harry
January 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

what does the jail brek allow you to do does it give you free music and apps on the itunes store ???

January 3, 2010 at 12:24 AM

i need help

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..DID the jailbreaking..turned the ipod off..and now it doesnt turn on..it says that should be restored by itunes..and bla bla..so now? plz help me

did the QuickPwn22-1 work for ipod touch Firm...3.1.2

jerome
January 3, 2010 at 1:24 AM

eske cela endomage l'ipod touch ?

jerome
January 3, 2010 at 1:26 AM

eske cela endomage l'ipod touch ?
et eske il est toujours sous garantis par la suite ?

gc
January 3, 2010 at 3:15 AM

i followed the steps and when i powered off, it would not turn on. it 's still in recovery mode and itunes prompts me to restore. if i restore, will i lose jailbreak"?

gc
January 3, 2010 at 3:17 AM

when i turned off and on again, ipod is in recovery mode and itune prompts to restore. will i lose jailbreak if i restore?

gm
January 3, 2010 at 3:35 AM

same thing happened to me, im not sure what to do either.

gh
January 3, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Well, for 3.1.2, the jailbreak is tethered, so you're not supposed to turn off the iPod. If you do turn it off, you will need to run blackra1n again. In the beginning when you are prompted to reboot, just run blackra1n again.

Grace
January 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM

WHen my ipod goes to reboot it doesnt and takes foreva i tried using black ra1n at least 10 times. what is wrong? i have a itouch 3.1.2 2g

Justin
January 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Holy easiest jailbreak of my life! That's crazy. Well done to whoever created this...that's incredible.

levitis
January 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Ipod touch just shows image of usb plug and arrow pointing to Itunes icom. Never goes beyond this. If I manually reboot Ipod I see no evidence of blackrain. Geohot image never appears on Ipod either. Itunes automatically starts when device is connected and says it detects jailbroken device which cannot be used with Itunes unless it's restored first. WTF????

Damian
January 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

YES You will lose jailbreak if you restore!!! DO NOT RESTORE.

This is normal with newer iTouches and iPods. DO NOT RESTORE.
Hook up your iTouch or iPhone to the PC and re-run blackra1n. It will then reboot. Same thing happen to mine.

Unfortunately the ones with newer patch of the firmware this happens. If you turn it off or allow the battery to die, you will need to hook it up and re-run blackra1n. But do not restore. This is kinda of a pain, but its best to not turn off or allow the battery to die. If it does you will need a PC and blackra1n to re-boot.

Damian
January 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Forgot to mention above....all your apps and songs will still be there. This is just needed to get the device to re-boot. Just re-run blackra1n. But DO NOT RESTORE, or you will have to go through the hole process of re-loading all the apps and software.

Matt
January 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Same here just restore and you will still have jailbreak features

jakemaster
January 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

wow that was the easiest jail brake EVER!! i just went to the safari and the turned my ipid on when it came back on it was don and i have software 3.2.0OS DGK77

pimpedkilla
January 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM

SHT NICE EASY JAILBREAK EVEN AN ELEMENTARY STUDENT CAN DO IT

spedward
January 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

what can you download?

Maarten
January 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM

does it also work on the 3th generation ipod touches?
because i just bought mine and its 3th gen. and i heard a lot of rumors about jailbreaking a third generation ipod.
Are those rumors true or can i just jailbreak the thing and unjailbreak it if i dont need it anymore?

xsteesy
January 4, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Problem with BlackRa1n jailbreak if you lose power or reboot for any reason you have to re-jailbreak it everysingle time. It is a real big inconvenience anyone know a way around this?

mau
January 4, 2010 at 7:23 AM

mmm my ipod touch 3rd generation version 3.1.2 gets stuck on the "running" screen in blackra1n. can anybody tell me how much time will it take to finish?

mau
January 4, 2010 at 7:54 AM

holy hell it's been stuck on "running" for more than an hour nd a half now

PLZ HELP!

Agustin
January 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM

haha. oh i had been trying for ages but i forgot to go look for the application at the last slide to the right. hahaha.
for people who think blackra1n doesnt work after its done it will go back to your original screen. there check unlock your ipod and go to the last application slide. the blackra1n program will be there. u need internet to access it though.

TBT Phoenix
January 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM

hey, i start the downloaded program and click the let it Ra1n btn and it goes to "entereing recovery..." my ipod touch shows the usb to itunes logo on the screen and it stays like this, how long do i have to wait?

omg
January 4, 2010 at 2:23 PM

even thouch it is connected it says waiting for device. HELP

Ian
January 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM

one of my friends jailbroke his ipod and he gets all the apps on itunes for free will that work for this?

Hans
January 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Downloading paid apps for free is illegal and highly discouraged here.

duece
January 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Don't restore it just hit cancel or somthing then it should work. or try pluging it in again

ruchit
January 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM

i am also having problem of getting stuck on the screen which shows itunes logo and usb. please do something about it. it has made my ipod useless. it is also not detected on the itunes.....

Red
January 5, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Thank you. :) I'm not a tech savvy but the instructions are very clear. Am downloading Cydia at the moment. :)

Jyraiya
January 5, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Hey can someone tell me if iPod touch 2g with firmware 3.1.2 still tethered if some one knows please Mail me jyrow5@gmail.com thanks for all

george
January 5, 2010 at 6:18 AM

same problem here!!, help, my touch3g is stuck on connect to itunes after jailbreak

what do i do? wait until battery dies?

Curly
January 5, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Can some one tell me if when i jail break the touch, why when i turn the device off it goes into recovery mode. how can I get it to stay.

Michael
January 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM

It didn't jailbreak mine

January 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Will this be made for MAC?

Ch1nuk0
January 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Hi, my brother has the same proble, all that we did was ran again the blackrain as the firts time and now works fine

melissa
January 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM

what is jailbreaking? and what does it do to ur ipod

xsspeed03
January 5, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I did that too, but it goes into recovery mode after every reboot. So I have to run Blackra1n every time I reboot the iPhone. Is this happening to everyone with 3.1.2 firmware?

Brandon
January 5, 2010 at 5:30 PM

@??? Yes it was made for MAC. Go to blackra1n.com and click the Apple logo instead of the Windows logo.

@Melissa Jailbreaking is a process of modifying your iPod Touch/iPhone so that you can customize it with 3rd party software/modifications not normally approved by Apple.

@other guys You most likely have the newer version and therefore are on a Tethered Jailbreak. Meaning, EVERY TIME you reboot your device, you MUST run blackra1n again to maintain the jailbreak.

Djpoizon
January 5, 2010 at 9:58 PM

When will blackra1n for the iPod touch 3.1.2 be un tethered???
I want to jailbreak my iPod but I don't wish to downgrade my
firmware and obviously no-one wants to re-jailbreak every
time the iPod is restarted. Thanks.

Bekah
January 6, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I want to jailbreak my iPod touch 8g 3.1.2

I'm scared too because I'm afriad I will do something wrong and mess up my whole iPod?is there any downside? Like what could go wrong? And when talking about firmware? Whats that?

lex
January 6, 2010 at 8:57 AM

yayyyyyyyy, it worked. thank you. ive been wanted to jailbreak my ipod again for while n this was fast and easy.

Con-man97
January 6, 2010 at 10:06 AM

because its tethered ur ipod must of been bought late 09 or this year like mine ....wait for greenpois0n to comeout from the same maker of blackra1n ....just restore ur ipod and recover its backup or if u want to keep your jailbroken ipod just make it rain again...

Kat
January 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM

how long should it take?????????

ThanhLoan
January 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I got into big problem.
After clicking on 'make it ra1n' button, my ipod stayed in recovery mode forever. Itunes cannot restore it anymore due to an unexpected error.
I did a hard reset (holding Standby and Home buttons for 10secs) but cannot get out of recovery state.

Please help

Essence
January 6, 2010 at 2:31 PM

My ipod is not coming on anymore after i tried this jailbreaker....now what am i suppose to do...cause Im getting really pissed off now

Evan
January 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I seem to be having a problem that others have where my ipod is staying in recovery mode forever and iTunes can't restore it. Please help me!!!

A.J.
January 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM

why do I always have to connect my ipod to the computer and click make it rain again when I turn it off?

becky
January 7, 2010 at 4:04 AM

This had fuckd my ipod up completely dont even work now!

January 7, 2010 at 6:03 AM

hello my name is pierre. i had follow the steps how to jailbreak my ipod but i only recieve tha cydia rock i didnt get tha icy how can i fix that

jebus
January 7, 2010 at 6:39 AM

im haveing the same problem nad i dont know what to do

rayman
January 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

how long does the recovery mode usually last? and also what is the best choice cydia rock or icy

Negitive Personality
January 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Fuck Blackrain it sucks i had to restore it twice since it messed up my itouch.

stan
January 8, 2010 at 4:42 AM

i cant install cydia because i dont have wifi my wifi chip seems to be broken so i cant get any wifi connections. how can i still get cydia

amack
January 8, 2010 at 6:25 AM

thanks it worked great, i didnt have any problems

Diego
January 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Well then your crazy

gggkfg
January 8, 2010 at 9:34 AM

because ur reseting the process

January 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM

yes it is itll give u a choice between windows and macs

Will
January 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

This is fucking awesome and it took like 5 minutes!!!!

Adithya
January 8, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I have an ipod 1st gen model MA .. with firmwire 3.1.2 . I jailbroke my ipod once but cydia didnt get installed through blackra1n icon. So i uninstalled it from the ipod and now even after jailbreaking 5 times the icon doesnt show up.Please help!!

Ferrari360
January 9, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Okay so i did get my ipod to be jail broken but everytime i download an app and it has to restart it throws my ipod into recovery mode. Is there a way yo bypass it or did i do something wrong with the installation. Any answers would be helpful.. thanks =]