Home » » Fix Cydia Crashing on jailbreak iPod touch and iPhone

Fix Cydia Crashing on jailbreak iPod touch and iPhone

Written By Hans Berger on Monday, December 28, 2009 | 6:52 AM

Fix Cydia crash

Today Cydia keeps crashing for Apple iPod touch and iPhone users. Cydia is the main app that people use on their jailbroken devices. This post will show how you can fix the Cydia crash if you are experiencing it. There is no need to restore your device to fix it. I experienced this problem and following these steps fixed it for me.

1. Jailbreak you iPod touch or iPhone again

iPod touch users, see my jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 post. iPhone users see my jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 post.

2. Fix Cydia Crash using Clear Cydia Cache Tool

Download the Clear Cydia Cache tool from here, and then follow the steps below

1. Extract or uncompress the files

2. Open the ClearCydiaListCache file

3. Connect your iPod touch or iPhone to your computer

4. Click the "Connect your device and click here" button

Let us know if this works for you.

El Jefe
December 28, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Rock is working just fine. ;-)

Chad
December 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM

No it didnt work my computer said it was corrupted and wouldnt let me use it.

nope
December 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Doesn't work.

Useless answers
December 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Ya ! Everytime they say to use this program it usually doesnt work ! The problem is that some repo named zodttd is screwed up . They say they are working on the problem and it should be fixed without having to retore and rejailbreak you phone ? ( ya right ! ) if you dont want to wait just ssh into your phone and remove files that are linked to them

Joe
December 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Dont you pepople understand that one fix is not always the same for every problem....This is just silly. Honestly this is nothing more than crossing your fingers and praying that it will work. "It didn't work for me" seems to be the trgend. Think before you try something your read in ONE spot on the internet. It's most likely false.

iCultur
December 28, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Dave
December 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

If I rejailbreak my iPhone, will I lose everything I had from Cydia?

ted
December 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM

i tried reinstall using rock. but its useless

Robear
December 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

This build does not work on XP Pro. It's cashes after I connect the iPhone and click on the fixer app. I get a windows message about a problem and do you want to send this info to MS. IPhone is on FW 3.0.1

Aviator
December 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM

It worked just fine, thanks.

NotAProb
December 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Guess it depends on how you jailbreak.I have a 3GS and Ive used the DevTeams JBs only. Cydia has been fine for me, never crashes. Even rebooted today. No problem.

December 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM

When I clicked "ClearCydiaListCache" I get the folloowing message - "FixCydia has stopped working" how do i get past this issue? thanks.

December 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM

i did the following from an above comment and it worked - thanks.

iCultur says:
December 28, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Joe
December 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Why would anyone recommend Rockapp? It's a worthless piece of shite.

EVOLVER
December 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM

i did the same and cydia finally opened after 8 hours of nervousness.
thanks a lot for mentioning ifile.. coz i never knew who to use the ssh stuff.. as you can tell im totally new to all this..

Tom
December 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Simple and it works.... THANK YOU

Pedro Miguel
December 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Your app crashed under Win XP Service Pack 3 with the following info
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : clearcydialistcache.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0
P3 : 4a6244c7 P4 : manzana P5 : 1.1.0.0 P6 : 4a39d4d0 P7 : 37
P8 : 4c P9 : system.exception

If it helps the info MS collects from my computer please let me know to send it to you

December 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM

To actually re-jailbreak you iPhone, you will have to restore. If you restore, that means everything from Cydia has to go gone.

kemo
December 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

did not work for me
I do not know what is the problem??
this is what I get!
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Manzana, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Manzana, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at FixCydia.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FixCydia
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/IMac/Desktop/ClearCydiaListCache/ClearCydiaListCache.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

scott
December 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

yep works like a charm for me thanks

December 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Yo thanks Malcum!
Works like a charm. The fix cydia app doesnt. SSH is better...

Freddy
December 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM

ssh or ifile into ur iPhone or itouch, under /var/lib/apt/lists detele anything about cydia.zodttd.com
probably only 3 files then respring n cydia works again

Graham
December 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM

This worked fir me 1st time! Excellent stuff!

Ian Cairns
December 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Same problem as myself, i'm windows 7. Using Rock at the moment but would love to get cydia up and working again!

H126
December 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

"all you need to do is use ifile on your iPhone or any ssh and go into Var/lib/apt/list and delete everything except partials."

Thanks for the info, nice ans easy and works just fine :)

MadMan29729
December 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Thanks Fixed My issue :D

Jimmi
December 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

For those having cydia problems. 1st off you need to remember the golden rules and then apply common sense.

1. Cydia does not open. - ssh or with ifile go to var/lib/apt/lists delete everything accept the main top folder!!!!!! NOT THE MAIN FOLDER!!!
2. once u have done that... Respring.

If that does not work...

1. Go to var/mobile/applications and delete the cydia app. Then respring and with the blackrain icon reinstall cydia and you should be fine!
AGAIN... IF YOU UNINSTALLED BLACKRAIN DO NOT DO THIS STEP!!!!

Finally.. If either of those do not work, you are gonna need to rejb and restore. You put something in and did not know what u were doing!

Remember!!! IF YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS.... JUST START UNINSTALLING THE LAST THING U PUT IN!!!!

December 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Tried this again. It seems to have fixed the problem. Temporarily... Better than nothin. And it was a great idea. Thank you, iCultur.

Jake
December 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Icultur thanks so much!
I will elaborate...

if you have "ifile" installed on your iphone..
1. Open "ifile" and use the arrow on the top left to go back to the main directory
2.Go Into Var / Lib / Apt / Lists
3.click edit (top right) and double tap any 1 of the files to higlight them all.
4.VERY IMPORTANT: untick the Partials folder
5.click the rubbish bin icon click delete "x" items.
6.close ifile and retry your iphone.

If you do not have "ifile" installed use programs via computer e.g. "putty".

aligue
December 29, 2009 at 2:54 AM

thanks works perfect

Ronny
December 29, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Thx!
i was using the cydia-fix and it works fine and i got my cydia back!

onlypureluck
December 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM

thanks to everyones replies on the cydia crashing problem i have just sorted mine by useing rock to remove zodtt repositories, then re spring, sorted. thanks again for the ideas

dead76
December 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM

So what about those of us who didn't install the ssh before this happened? Is there any other way?

Thx!

jeremy
December 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Interesting. I was worried I might have to reset and rejailbreak, but after reading your comment I used Icy to remove Zodtt and all is now well. Looks like zodtt was the problem.

JustSomeHelp
December 30, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Tried the CCC tool after Cydia started crashing. CCC tool crashed as well as soon as I click the button. I tried to connect first and than run, run and then connect - no combination seemed to work. I'm running on XP - is this tool for XP?

December 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I deleted the Zodtt repository using Rock as well and Cydia now runs. Will update if it starts crashing again.

boom
December 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

nothing working this tool crash it self.

Prapoch Sab
December 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

It works and no need for restoring again.
Thnx 4evrthg

qamki
December 31, 2009 at 4:08 AM

this thing crushed itself

anonymous
January 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM

all you have to do is delete the zztottd reposotory in the rock app which how i got the rock app is to install blackra1n.

Mihai
January 2, 2010 at 8:52 AM

i use windows 7
this don't work

Thanks anyway

January 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM

To troubleshoot failures, here iH8sn0w took action by releasing an interesting tool that, in virtually automatic, it should solve any problem that caused the crash of Cydia.

with endless complaints, he thought well to create a simple tool for Windows that allows you to solve the problem in very few steps.

Here, then, below, the guide to use this tool.

anoymus
January 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM

it didnt work for me

January 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM

My iphone just crash and doesn't seem to have the july 18th bug but I dropped and ever since it hasn't been the same only way it stays on is if i play the ipod or some other application the moment it thinks its in stand by it crashes
Help if I reinstall or rather upgrade to 3.1 will that solve that problem.

help
January 17, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Why won't ITUNES sync my new songs onto my iphone??!?!?! Does anyone know ='[

Johnny
January 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM

doesn't work cydia still crashes

January 25, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I deleted the zztottd reposotory in the rock app and it fixed Cydia

January 28, 2010 at 6:48 AM

i keep getting a send error repirt message. any help

needs help!!!
March 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM

clear cydia cache crashes on my computer and i dont know why i get the send error report to

thedude123
March 20, 2010 at 8:35 PM

hi all this does not work with iphone 3gs

promod
August 20, 2010 at 7:50 PM

clear cydia crash tool does'nt work for me. Shows error message ` could'nt load process .unable to load DLL 1 iTunes..............