Today Cydia keeps crashing for Apple iPod touch and iPhone users. Cydia is the main app that people use on their jailbroken devices. This post will show how you can fix the Cydia crash if you are experiencing it. There is no need to restore your device to fix it. I experienced this problem and following these steps fixed it for me.
1. Jailbreak you iPod touch or iPhone again
iPod touch users, see my jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 post. iPhone users see my jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 post.
2. Fix Cydia Crash using Clear Cydia Cache Tool
Download the Clear Cydia Cache tool from here, and then follow the steps below
- Extract or uncompress the files
- Open the ClearCydiaListCache file
- Connect your iPod touch or iPhone to your computer
- Click the "Connect your device and click here" button
Let us know if this works for you.