Home » » BlackBerry outage December 23, 2009

BlackBerry outage December 23, 2009

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 | 3:09 PM

BlackBerry outage December 23
The BlackBerry outage that I recently posted about isn't only affecting the United States, but it is also affecting Canada and South America. E-mail is down for everyone, but users are also reporting that their Internet and BlackBerry messenger services are all down. This is not the first time this has happened, there was a BlackBerry outage on December 17 as well .

A spokesman from RIM says that they are working on fixing the problem but they have no estimates as to when it will be fixed. An AT&T rep has told us that they estimate it will take 6-8 hours for it to get fixed.

It is frustrating that RIM has not provided any details as to what is going on. Neither their Twitter account, or Facebook account has any updates. They never gave an explanation of what caused the outage last time, and I don't think they will this time either. BlackBerry users will just need to wait until RIM fixes whatever problems they're having.

December 22, 2009 at 4:31 PM

My BB 9700 has been down for 10 hours now. No email, BB Messenger and internet that is sparse at best. Come on RIM, step up and give us an update.

ben k
December 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM

this sucks a d. RIM, this is the 2nd time in a week. you guys suck. hello, it's EMAIL. I dont need blackberry, I'm going to google as soon as their phone is out. this sucks, rim sucks, its phones are from 2002 with no material updates other than oo wow i can open a file on my thing now.

I mean, they call their "browser" a browser. uhh, i use google as my browser on your device cause your native browser sucks such a big D.

Art
December 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Mine just came back up about 5 minutes ago.

Billy R.
December 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I could get better service from Cricket! You would think that, for as much as they charge for their crappy phones, RIM wouldn't constantly have problems like this. I am dropping my BB service! Its worthless and undependable, at best!

sam
December 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM

For the amount of technology in the blackberry I applaud them for not having more problems than what they have had. For them not to do any kind of announcement is bad business, but overall being a BB user for 7 years I couldn't be happier. ALL of the other data devices have an overwhelming amount of problems...all of you to say you're leaving RIM and going elsewhere, good luck...don't say you weren't warned

Jesse
December 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Blackberries suck iPhone all the way