Home » » Verizon Droid Pictures

Verizon Droid Pictures

Written By Hans Berger on Sunday, October 18, 2009 | 1:48 PM

Verizon Droid Pictures

After I saw the Droid Does commercial, I just had to look for Verizon Droid pictures. Usually pictures of new phones are leaked on the web before they are released. I searched on Google and I noticed that the Boy Genius Report had already found what appeared to be leaked pictures of the Verizon Droid phone.

Verizon Droid Phone Picture

Verizon Droid Picture: Keyboard
Pictured above is supposedly a Verizon Droid phone. Below are the specs of the Verizon Droid:

• Android 2.0

• Video

• Tunes

• 10,000+ Apps

• The Network

• Multitasking

• High speed

• Hi-Res

• 5 megapixels

• Android 2.0

• Speech Recognition

• Notification Panel

• Directions

Sorry for the low quality pictures, that's how leaked pictures usually are. If you find any other pictures please feel free to post a link to them in the comments.

Thank you BrightHand and Boy Genius Report for the pictures!

October 18, 2009 at 2:13 PM

It would be nice to have some verified photos of the Verizon Droid Cell Phone. I don't recognize whats here so they very well could be authentic.
The Android coming to Verizon is going to make lots of people very happy. No doubt in my mind this is a hit.

shiju
October 18, 2009 at 3:20 PM

They just don't get it. "not open sourced" ok outside of jail breaking this is the reason why i like apple. Its not open so i don't have to spend 100 bucks a year on keeping holes in the OS plugged with 3rd party software.

James
October 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Shiju, ignoring the fact that the open source community actually tends to produce stuff more secure than their closed source equivalents (Linux vs. Windows anyone?) and that Apple uses an open source kernel derived from BSD in Mac OS X and the iPhone's operating system...

Ignoring all that, what the ad actually said was "open development." That means that phone app developers won't have to wait for weeks and weeks to get each and every version of their software approved before consumers can load it on the phone.

It also means that developers won't have to deal with brief, cryptic, inconsistent, and incoherent rejection notices from Apple after the aforementioned wait.

You like Apple? Well, good. Blame them the next time one of your iPhone apps has a bug for a month while the developer flails around trying to deploy a patch that took an hour to write. I'm not sure what their review process is supposed to accomplish, but it's not turning out to be very useful at all.

Cranedog10
October 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Agreed.... It is a different approach... I can't tell you how much time I spent trying to hack my AT&T tilit trying to get it to do what I wanted it to do. All the stuff was there, but it would have never passsed quality control for an end user experience. I didn't want to like the iPhone but, it works and works well. In 6 months only one major crash on an update and that was because I was using the wrong cable. I think the market will support those devices as it supported a windows mobile but the strategies are the same. Open source... Means it leaves your end user experience up to the user. Hey it's like mcdonalds... The user experience is pretty much the same with the iPhone, pretty good!

Andrés
October 18, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I foun this pic

Garret
October 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM

re:shiju

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard in some time. Since when does close source = no bugs?

krischelj
October 19, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I'm not sure why they say "iDon't support open source code". I can create my own app with the Apple SDK and run it on my phone or publish to iTunes appstore. So... That's about as open source as you get!

Brandon
October 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM

For those that don't seem to understand or pay attention they aren't saying that this phone is open source, or that the iPhone isn't open source! That means you krischelj and your quoting “iDon’t support open source code”. They NEVER say “iDon’t support open source code” in their commercial, they say “iDon’t allow open development” learn to pay attention!!!!!

Steven
October 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM

By non-open source the commercial means that there are restrictions on what can be put on the app store. And that you have to pay upfront to develop software. However, on release i believe the droid will crash but it'll grow like the iphone had to, and i do see potential. I'm an iphone user, but i like the idea of competition, it'll make apple move forward with many of the things they've been restricting.

October 19, 2009 at 11:08 AM

there's a reason the iphone doesn't have interchangeable batteries its because u never have to change them :o

cjb
October 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Batteries do require changing

Amy
October 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Apple will keep coming out with new phones every year, Verizon can't keep up. They don't have sim cards for any of their phones in less it's a blackberry and states it's an international phone.Verizon will not open thier network... OLD SCHOOL!!! ATT service is ok, it's not as bad as Sprint, or Tmobile...Hands down Verizon has the best serivce, but they like to double dip on some addon's...So i dropped VZ for that reason.I LOVE MY IPHONE and refuse to give it up!!!! It's the best phone i have ever had..I can't wait till i am due for an upgrade so i can get a newer one.

R James
October 20, 2009 at 2:17 AM

For everything iPhone supposedly doesn't do, it's still has managed to become the benchmark in the industry. That says it all. iPhone couldn't be more open in terms of development. With over 85,000 apps currently available, this only an issue to nay sayers and complainers. It's not an issue at all to consumers. Physical Keyboard = Yuck, no way, not going back ever!

Verizon's network might be considered the best but I still had dropped calls every day. But perhaps the real issue with Verizon is it absolutely has the WORST customer service. Verizon aggressively attacks customers with high misc charges and stubbornly refuses to remove them when you catch them on it. They've been sued over and over and over but they keep on doing it. Not going back to that either.

Jonathan
October 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

just by looking at the first picture i can tell it looks just like the g1. the only difference is the company, thinner, and the main screen is all touch

realdrmom
October 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Sure sorry you have had poor customer service from Verizon. Here in Oregon they are the best. We had such terrible over all service and interaction with AT&T that we will never use them again. Unfortunately that means no iPhone yet even though we are long, long time Apple users. We have charges credited and minutes returned all the time with no problems. I'm looking forward to what this Droid may offer while always hoping for the iPhone from Verizon. They sure made a mistake in turning it down at the outset.

Jonathan V
October 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I actually have had great customer service provided by Verizon Wireless. Sprint, by far, had the worst customer service period. T-Moblie is not that great either since they have sales representatives who will "tag" your account with two year agreements without your knowledge. I dont have anything good or bad to say about AT&T because I have never had their service. However, I think Verizon does have the best service in America, and any phone that can manage to decrease the bug bite will be successful.

kaleb
October 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM

that thing is huge!
*that's what she said*

oookay
October 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

thats what the ratings/reviews are for.... if an app is buggy dont buy it. it will be evident in the ratings and reviews of the 70,000 plus.

Cranedog10
October 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Garrett. I am guessing you don't have an I phone and never had a windows phone either. It is open source and closed development. That is apples buisness model. This is probably there only argument against a monopoly as well. The thing works. This device is a hundred times better than any windows based phone I have ever owned, largely impart to apples quality control. The other aspect of developers being in limbo as to apples approval process, i have received several update to apps in a few days time. All updates were to improve features not correct bugs. That should say it all.

Alex
October 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

This thing looks like a brick, for throwing somewhere/someone. If it had appeared 5 years ago, I would have liked it. But not now

d@n13l
October 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM

That's stupid why would anyone want interchangable batteries?

iDon'tLikeYou.
November 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM

really?
everything Droid does, the iPhone can do too, all in one word.
JAILBREAK!
jailbreak your iphone and all of this will be fixed?
except for the interchangeable btatteries part.
but really?
what for?
why would you want a phone that you could drop and the battery fall out and the back pop off and break?
honestly i don't want that.
have a nice day (: