Home » » Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

Written By Hans Berger on Friday, October 16, 2009 | 1:22 PM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

The iPhone 3.1.2 update that Apple released last week required users of jailbroken iPhones or iPod Touches to wait for a new jailbreak software to be released before updating. There was no jailbreak available until Geohot released his new blackra1n 1 click jailbreak software. The blackra1n software is available for both Windows and Mac users, but it only supports iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch. blackra1n does not support the iPod Touch 3rd generation 8 GB models that have a MC in the model number. Many iPhone 3G users reported having a problem with blackra1n on iPhone 3G, if you were one of them please leave a comment telling us what problems you encountered and how you solved them. I will be making a blackra1n troubleshooting guide to help users that have any problem with it. You can jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n, but you cannot unlock iPhone 3.1.2. To unlock iPhone 3.1.2, you must use PwnageTool 3.1.4 which the Dev-Team recently released.

If you want to just jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 I recommend you use blackra1n, but if you want to unlock then you have no choice but to use PwnageTool which only works with Mac. If you haven't already downloaded iPhone 3.1.2 or updated, the download links for it are below.

Note: Do no't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

1. Download blackra1n

blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak - make it ra1n

2. Click the make it ra1n button.

blackra1n icon - iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak

3. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it's thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don't see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.

iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak - select applications

4. Install your preferred aplication from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Icy, or Rock. I don't recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with PwnageTool

iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak and unlock - Pwnage Tool 3.1.4

1. Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 (only works with Mac!)

PwnageTool for iPhone 3.1.2

2. You will be creating a custom IPSW and then restoring it through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, read my jailbreak iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool post which gives step by step instructions.

Shakers
October 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Yo!!
We've made with Blackra1n
S0 c00l, satisfied, glad and held Party
M0re easier than bfore

Special thanks to Ge0H0t,great vict0ry

But 0ne thing,although we installed V0ip0ver3G,we couldn't talk skype & gtalk on fring.
We will tell u if we got problem again....Yo

ecd
October 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM

only problem i had was once installed cydia/icy/rock cydia opened with a error message saying it didnt know which version it was running and to restore immediately but i just installed cydia again from blackrain and it seems to work fine(ish) now. they said the problem was installing cydia and icy together instead of doing them separate, icy/rockapp installed fine the first time tho.

iPhoneUser09
October 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I tried jailbreaking my iPhone 3G with blackra1n but no matter what I did, it would always get stuck in recovery mode and blackra1n would be stuck at "running". Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Diego
October 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I have the same problem that iphoneuser09 has.

Diego
October 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I have a problem with blackra1n.
I can't do the jailbreak.
I'm gonna try with a customfirmware.

Mike
October 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Same for me too. Did you update through itunes recently also? If so, maybe this is not suppose to be able to jailbreak that 3.1.2 :(. Mine is doin the same as yours.

chu
October 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

it is not working with the pwnage tool... where is the new custom iswp file for the jailbreak... i downloaded every single one of it .. al it poped up is say it is the wrng file

kaz
October 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Hi guys
does this work with 3.1.1?

ahsan
October 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM

yeah......same thing with me....someone please give us the solution!!

btrain
October 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I have had the same problem where the iPhone 3G is stuck in what I take is recovery mode. Blackrain stays running. I have had no luck in jailbreaking since the last time redsn0w was updated. Makes me be tempted to get a Mac just to use pwnage.

bek
October 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I tried jailbreaking my iPhone 3G with blackra1n but it's stuck in "running". I checked the log file and there are definitely some issues:

INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
INFO: loaded dll at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\iTunesMobileDevice.dll
INFO: button clicked
ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
send ramdisk: -1
ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
WARN: wtf who called this?
INFO: global callback finished
INFO: unused callback called
***

October 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I have an iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 with 05.11.07 on windows XP.

When I used blackra1n and clicked "make it rain" it put my phone into recovery mode and did nothing further. It will only show up a USB cable pointing towards an iTunes logo. My iPhone loses everything on it and I have to put it all back on. Once I do that, I try blackra1n and it does the same thing over and over again.

I seriously need help.

October 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

because i don't have a mac i didn't download PwnageTool but blackra1n made the phone unuseable and all i can do is dial 911

Matty h
October 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM

hey everyone.

i have an iPhone 3g 16gb. i had the same problem as everyone else when the jail break thing would just freeze up at "running"

however after trying many times. i restarted my computer opened itunes, then i tried blackra1n jailbreak again and it worked fine.

so my suggestion is just restart your comp.

hopefully thats sorta helpful to some people..

cq
October 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

3GS 16G unlocked. Used blainrain, worked great, no problems so far (though I had to go find a window machine.) One thing is you've got to CHOOSE either Cydia OR Icy, otherwise you've got problems with compatibility. If you've already installed both, you can either restore and JB again, or reinstall Cydia. I thought I'd share my experience.

GON3R
October 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

ok so i think i screwed up by installing all 3 of them cydia,rock,and icy because no matter what i do i cant seem to get anything i downloaded to work i.e. anything running with winterboard or sbsettings ect. should i uninstall my jailbreak and start over with just 1 of them instead?

Mike
October 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Ok this really messed up the phone. Can't even get the turn off screen anymore..

Bree
October 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I tried using blackrain on my Ipod touch 3.1.2 firmware.
It came up the i tunes, then his picture, then it went all black.
Recovery mode, deleted everything.
I tried it again, and this time it gave me the white screen.
I simply pressed the home button and the power button at the same time for 10-20 seconds, and it was fine.

Arion185
October 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I'm having what seems to be the recurring problem with 3g users, where my phone is stuck in recovery mode while blackra1n stays running in the background. Not sure if it means anything but I accidently upgraded my phone to 3.1.2 while my phone was still jailbroken.
Anyway if a new redsnow is released I'm going back to what's been reliable so far ...
But thanks anyway Ge0H0t

mandemmm
October 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

kay,
im having the same problem.
i click make it rain,
it puts my phone in recovery,
and it sits at running for 593873 years.

Genselfam
October 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

All u need to do people is plug your iPhone up to your computer. Then power the phone down, close iTunes. Run blackrain, then press the make it rain button, then hold the power and home button down once u see the apple let go of the power button only keep holdin the home button till you see the blackrain logo and u will have a iPhone jailbreak. It worked for me. But it took me two days to get it to work right. I have a 3g 3.1.2 and I an using windows. Good luck all.

theanimaster
October 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I jailbreaked 3 iPhone 3Gs's and a 1st gen iPod Touch with blackra1n on a macbook with no problems (except for the occassional problem with SBsettings killing wifi). Took less than 30 seconds even (updating to 3.1.2 aside). Crazy. Note than all these iPhones were carrier-unlocked: y'know... those overpriced iPhones that you buy outright, free of a plan or contract?

HOWEVER ~ !!!!

A FOURTH iPhone 3Gs that was just purchased a few days ago REFUSES TO WORK WITH JAILBREAK. I tried blackra1n and pwnage 3.1.4 -- same problem: the screen is just blank, no display, no backlight... TEETHERED or UNTEETHERED to a computer -- same dead, blank screen. That same result on a mac (blackra1n and pwnage) or pc (blackra1n).

It reeks of this purported "new" bootrom, but when I checked the bootrom version, it isn't the iBoot 359.3.2 version. Infact, I can't even seem to find the version using Apple System Profiler on the iPhone in DFU mode. What the hell?

So in short, I have an iPhone, carrier-unlocked (this might make a difference), with some weird, nasty bootrom that won't allow me to run jailbroken software on it.

When connected to the computer, the only thing you can do is restore it to Apple's original software. Without a display to show you whether anything's happening... there's really not much of anything else you can do?

theanimaster
October 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM

If that's the same problem as mine, the only thing you can do is restore to original apple software. No JB for you I'm afraid... unless the team figures out the new bootrom.

theanimaster
October 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Try connecting it to the computer as it wants. This might be the "teethered startup" that's going about. Lucky you got it to do at least that. I can't even get that on my iPhone.. I get a dead screen instead (unfortunately must be an even newer iPhone than yours)~!

theanimaster
October 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Did all that, even killed iTunes and iTunes helper to make sure they didn't interfere.

Question though -- did you get a black, blank screen after the reboot? Because I did, and it did that on a mac and PC as per my post above.

I'm afraid I have a bootrom that's even newer than the "new" one that's gaining popularity on the net -- it doesn't even allow teethered booting.

October 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Same as Mike, phone froze etc, tried restarting computer twice and itunes, nothing worked. Might be better to wait for DevTeam!

October 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM

ok my iphone 3g is staying in the connect itunes screen for blackra1n wht do i do its not working for me for a reason

FrederickFightClubMD
October 16, 2009 at 6:26 PM

DON'T GIVE UP!! I tried a bunch of times and it didn't work.

I decided to go to another computer in the house and download BlackRa1n on it.

Downloaded blackra1n on the other computer, connected my iPhone 3G, ran BlackRa1n and it was DONE before the USB > iTunes screen even popped up!

Give that a try!

www.frederickfightclub.com
become a fan on facebook!

October 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM

yes it completely works thank u so much

Short
October 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM

This is how I got it to work when it gets stuck in saying running unplug the phone...do a hard reset (iTunes and blackra1n trying to read at the same time) hold the power and home button untill the apple shows up then wait for it to reboot.while u waiting open blackra1n and click make it ra1n(it'll say waiting for iPhone) plug iPhone up it gonna reboot and should become jailbroken if it doesn't work do a hard reset an try again......worked for me I done jailbroken an restored my phn a few times......hopes this helps

Short
October 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM

This was for a iPhone 3g 3.1.2

Angel
October 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Im using iphone 3g, 3.1.2...tried blackrain but stuck at recovery too..can sme genious please help.....sobx

nacho
October 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM

F*** EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I'VE BEEN LOOKING IN THE INTERNET AND IT SAYS THAT IF YOU INSTALL FIRMWARE 3.1.2 THROUGH ITUNES ITS NOT GOING TO WORK COS YOU UPDATE THE BASEBAND, WHICH BLACKRA1N CANNOT DEAL WITH. LUCKY THE PEOPLE WHO'VE GOT A MAC, OTHERS, JUST NEED TO WAIT FOR PWNAGE TOOL FOR WINDOWS

Vinny
October 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Avoid, this version of Blackrain does not work....just sits there doing nothing.

maan_27
October 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Can somebody post me a link to download the 3.1.2 ipsw that can be unlocked & jailbroken, a custom perhaps? Since the above ones are offical apple ipsws that wont allow unlock but only jailbreak!

I dont have a mac & so cant use the pawanage tools software!
And if someone could also post the instructions on unlocking if changed since the last ultrasn0w release?

I have a iphone 3G on 3.0 firmware & i bought it back in late 2008.

Will Be Much Appreciated!

Anthor
October 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Theanimaster: I have the exact same problem! I get the image of geohot then it says wait for reboot, and the screen just stays black. Ive tried disconnecting the iPhone from the computer and reconnecting it and it sti won't work. The only thing I was able to do is restore in iTunes. I even left it over night thinking it just needed time. I don't know what version of the bootroom I have. I'm running windows and purchased my phone on Wednesday. This sucks because on Tuesday I used blackra1n to jailbreak my old 3g. I'm used to having a jailbrolen phone :(

maan_27
October 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM

You achieved jailbreak right? Did you unlock it as well?
If so, can you post a guide?
I have a PC & iphone 3G aswell but i am unable to find a custom firmware that allows an unlock on 3.1.2.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated!

Fab
October 16, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Tried everything, even Genselfam's solution above, but does not work on mine, which is a 3G 3.1.2 on Windows as well.
I'm on my 10th restore now, so giving up...

ramvol
October 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM

same to me.... the first time i tried it did worked but then i restored my iphone 3G because some of the apps were working well and when i tried to jailbreak again it just got stuck in recovery mode and blackra1n in running.... HELP US!

Bregan
October 16, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Blackra1n is a PoS. This does not work no matter how I try it and I am a very experienced user. Screw blackra1n and find someone with a mac since geohot appearantly is not hot at all.

October 17, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Hello 3g users..
had tth same problem jailbreaking my 3g iphone.
then I removed my simcard from the iphone and the jaibreak with blackra1n went good..
try to remove your simcard before you jailbreak with blackra1n

Cloaked
October 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM

3G 16gb iPhone

Turned airplane mode on.

Ran blackra1n while iTunes was running, stuck in restore mode.

I shut down iTunes, rebooted my iPhone, ran blackra1n and worked like a charm!

October 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM

hi,
I succesfully jailbreaked Iphone 3G with Pwnage Tool 3.1.4.
I've got cydia and Icy button in my apps.
Unfortunately I still have my sim lock on my iphone:/
I bought Iphone in Polish orange with SIM LOCK.
Now I'm putting english orange sim card and it doesn't work.
WHAT CAN I DO?
regards.

October 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Itunes shows me: The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported

It's really important for me to use english SIM card, please share with me anything what can help me. ( maybe .ipsw without SIM LOCK or smthing like that )

thanks a lot,
regards
Maciek

Joseph
October 17, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I had problem with blackra1n when the user account previously had iPhone installed. It will run properly only when it is installed as a new device. Hence create a new user account in windows. Run blackra1n, plug in iPhone. When it detects new hardware and installing, click make it rain. iPhone will display USB with iTunes image. After that windows will discover new device in recovery mode, with this you should see the screen change to geohot image ...

Yoyos
October 17, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Yall are lucky. My friend did this and it worked for less than a day. He opened facebook app and his phone (iPhone 3gs 3.1.2) crashed. It's practically a strobe light withe the speed it's flashing on and off. It won't let it be restored, put in dfu or even recovery mode. WTF? Any help would be appreciated

minimalistiques
October 17, 2009 at 2:17 AM

solution:

1. restore the actually firmware again

2. start blackra1n

3. unplug the device when you see the message "recovery mode"
you will see then "wait for reboot..its done"

4. start blackra1n again...then you will see the jailbreakscreen
of geohot and the jailbreak will done...

5. waiting for reboot, then install your favorite install app like
cydia, rock or icy...

Makiitnes
October 17, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I have my 3GS & 3G JB w/ blackra1n. 3GS worked on 1st try...3G was another story. I tried it & didn't work 1st time. I found if u do it several times in a row it will eventually work. If it gets stuck on "running" or "connect iTunes" simply unplug, do a soft reset, (hold home & power until apple logo disappears) then try again. Repeat until it works...don't not get discouraged if it doesn't work after the 1st few tries. It took me about 10 before mine finally worked...but they both do. Enjoy!!!

Ciccio
October 17, 2009 at 3:30 AM

After two days of troubles I did the same of Cloaked. Worked fine.

Wally
October 17, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Whomever said that Blackrain was the easiest way to jailbreak 3.1.2 wasn't kidding! Downloaded the software and one click took my phone through the jailbreak process. All my previously installed jailbroken apps worked!

I am surprised I never had to deal with the restore.ipsw file. Was never asked to click on it during the blackrain jailbreak process.

But here is the problem....

Hackulous.us does not install under Cydia in the blackrain jailbroken iphone. Neither in that case does Installous.

So, if someone out there manages to get both working, please let us know how you did it.

Also, what is the Cydia program that with a swipe across the top of the iPhone window a menu appears to turn on Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G and all the essentials?

Once again, the jailbreak on my 3 GS 3.1.2 software worked perfectly. Just having problems with getting hackulous and Installous installed.

JuanPablo
October 17, 2009 at 3:57 AM

I have iphone 3G update with itunes firmware 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07 and the blackra1n is freeze in RUNNING PROCESS, the iphone show the screen to connect to itunes but is not working. blackra1n is not working for iphones 3G 16GB with firmware 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07.

Reloaded
October 17, 2009 at 4:20 AM

For those of you with problems (3G users), try this:

- disable your anti-virus software
- make sure iTunes is off and iTuneshelper as well
- put your iPhone in airplane mode
- make sure your iPhone is unplugged from your computer
- reboot your iPhone till it's on your lock screen
- run blackra1n
- when blackra1n is "waiting for phone", plug in your iPhone

that is what worked for me, the dudes pic showed up and blackra1n is on my iPhone. I have not installed Cydia yet but it should work. I'm running an iPhone 3G with 3.1.2 OS, Windows Vista Home Pro and Avast! free anti-virus.

Fabian
October 17, 2009 at 4:41 AM

how long does it take for the blackrain to do its thing.

Joe
October 17, 2009 at 5:39 AM

when i use blackra1n to jailbreak my Iphone 3g once it got in tp the recovry mood, instead of the image of Geohot its showing "connet to Itune" and just stay like that.

Reloaded
October 17, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Under 30 seconds...

October 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM

blackra1n didn't work.
Was previously jailbroken at 3.0.1
updated to 3.1.2,
ran blackrain, gets stuck at 'plug into itunes' screen and doesn't work.

Antman217
October 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM

When is the dev team gonna release a windows jailbreak they didn't even release a 3.1 jailbreak wtf are that doing and why only release pwnage tool for mac make one for windows blackra1n worked for me but it's kinda buggy and my phone is stating to act wierd and can someone tell me where I can get custom firmware for 3.1.2

October 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM

ok guys if you have an iphone 3g you will have to put it in your c:/ file from my computer local disk C:/ then paste black rain there then run it as a adminastrator also u have to disable anything that has to do with itunes apple or anything from task manager processes end process also after you make it rain hold the power and home buton til the apple comes up then release the power button keep holding the home button til it goes into the screen if you have any questions email me william.clarkii@gmail.com

also does anyone know if you can still use the att multimedia messaging i havent checked yet? also get back to me if you know

October 17, 2009 at 7:17 AM

check out my message email me i will show you how

Chris
October 17, 2009 at 7:25 AM

To Fabian.
It should take a few seconds for Blackrain to be installed. With tyhe 3G, it freezes a lot on the running screen. After a few trials, it finaly worked. Your iphone should be connected to Itunes (cancel the synchro) before you launch Blackrain.

kohn
October 17, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I have an ipod touch with "PC" in the model name. Can that ipod touch be jailbroken? I tried with blackra1n but each and every time it would just become unresponsive....i.e bricked, and I had to run a restore with itunes to get it working again. IS that one of the ipods that are impossible to jailbreak or is a jailbreak tool coming out for this soon?

Solito
October 17, 2009 at 8:39 AM

So, when will we have a way to unlock for windows?

Will
October 17, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I need help, I just use the pwnage tool to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.1.2 and im getting no service. I went through the expert mode so that way I wouldn't have to deal with the lame custom boot logos. Gone through it twice, first time the box under general settings "activate the phone" was checked restored it no go. The second time same thing but unchecked the box still no go. Any ideas where I went wrong?

Timothy Li
October 17, 2009 at 9:57 AM

OKAY! THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME! I DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, BUT EHN ONCE THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE IS MADE, I TRY RESTORING THROUGH ITUNES, AND IT GIVES ME A "1600 ERROR" AND SAID THAT THIS DEVICE COULD NOT BE RESTORED! ANYONE? ALSO, IS THIS JAILBREAK UNTETHERED OR TETHERED?

Milan
October 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM

It failed.this is the log

INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
send ramdisk: -1
ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
WARN: wtf who called this?
INFO: global callback finished

11B3O
October 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM

1. Update to 3.1.2 through iTunes (IPSW never worked for me.
2. Check Blackra1n's properties to ensure that neither compatability nor run as administrator has bweb selected.
3. Run Blackra1n
4. It takes about 3 seconds for the phone to begin restart.

- this worked on a 1st Gen iPhone, 3GS, and OTB 3.1 3GS

hope this helps

James
October 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I don't see many responses to these posts so this may be wishful thinking for some help...but it can't hurt!

I have a 3G iphone...already jailbroken with 3.0 firmware. I use Win so I can't get a pwnage tool. I am wondering how to get the 3.1.2 firmware so I can update my phone without losing all my info and jailbroken apps. I know you have to have the 3.1.2 firmware as well to download blackra1n. I have been looking everywhere...but most of the info I am coming across is for either 3GS iphones with the newest firmware or people without jailbroken iphones already. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

GB
October 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Tried it on my iphone 3G with 3.2.1 software and 05.11.07 firmware and it did not work.
I saw here that it may take 10 times ! which does not make sense. I did not try that. I tried it 2 times and the phone is still not jail broken.

** PS ! once i updated it to 3.2.1 my wifi does not work is that come with any of you guys

garymedina
October 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Im Running 3.1.2 on a 8gb3g and tried a few of the ideas above and faied. I pluged into a different USB (newer USB 2.0) installed in the back and then right clicked to run as admin although this account has admin rights. Worked in less then a minute.
- iPhone was in airplane mode
- iTunes was running but with auto sync unchecked
- iPhone lock disabled
- Norton AntiVirus was Running on Win XP

Good luck!

mike
October 17, 2009 at 1:21 PM

the app that ur looking for is SBSetting so that u can swip on top of the screen.... and cydia is working on my 3gs w/ cydia.hackulo.us

[...] already do exist on the iPhone, but only with a jailbreak. If you are an iPhone user you can jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 and customize just about everything on your [...]

Teejay
October 17, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I had a problem with the 3G using the blackra1n JB (froze attempting to enter recovery mode). I had to restart my pc and delete the fw for the 3Gs I previously jailbroken. Not sure exactly what fixed it but it works.

@James
I just updated to 3.1.2 through iTunes (3G). I still have all my jb apps. I did lose all my homebrew apps tho.

Scott U
October 17, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I had no problems with the jailbreak through Blackra1n. It was actually the easiest I've experienced when it comes to jailbreaks. I started by removing everything off my iphone (movies, songs, pictures) and it took about 3 minutes to complete, and then rebooted and started up with the blackra1n logo.

Not all has been perfect. I am experiencing a problem where I will download and install a theme for instance, and then will close out Cydia, and go into Winterboard to activate the theme. Everything is normal until I exit out of Winterboard waiting for the soft restart that applies the theme, but it comes back and nothing has changed, and now it asks for my voicemail password over and over, every time it comes out of the soft restart.

Anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?

carlos
October 17, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I have many issus with blackra1n, first to installed the phone won't recognize the software, but i when around like this turn off you phone connected to the windows computer before you turn you phone on, start blackra1n and press the make it rain then is goint to give you a massege watting for phone at that stage, turn on you phone in recovery mode by pressing power and home botton at the same time when the apple logo appears release the the power botton and dont release the home botton until the logo for blackra1n appear on the iphone screen.

babymo
October 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM

let me get this straight,blackra1n can jailbreak the iphone but it can not unlock it to be use with other carrier like t-mobile? and another question, i have a jailbroken 3GS running on 3.0.1 firmware and with t-mobile, it is safe for me to use your custom 3.1.2 to upgrade or not?

lolo
October 17, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i was trying to unlock my phone it when all the way threw and when i put a sim card from t-mobile it will not read it is there any fix for it? please help.

Sami
October 17, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Hey Guys

First i want to say thank you for all the good things
you do for us,we will always follow you and stand behind you :)
just wante dto ask if you guys have an idea for me, because
i was such a noob i updated my iphone via iTuns and now
i cant jaillbreak my phone kinds sucks.
i will to know if u have any idea if i can do somthing
if not i will just wait for future updates from you guys.
keep the good work we love you guys.

Chears
Sami

John
October 17, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Id on't know with wich programme I can open the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw file..? I need help!

sasuke
October 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

WHO HAS ACCIDENTLY UPGRADE TO 3.1 before and didn't get ecid shsh on file, now you can jailbreak and unlock it with firmware 3.1.2

It works perfectly for me!!!

sasuke
October 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I didn't use blackra1n to jailbreak it, because if use blackra1n >> you cannot unlock it!!!

Crack it
October 18, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Does blackra1n delete your old data or does it keep your data????
All help is appreciated, Crack it

Mir
October 18, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I am using iPhone 3GS already unlocked 3.0 , now want to upgrade to 3.1 , but I cant backup my phone using iTunes, it says "The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"
Can anyone tell me how to save contacts and messages? Or the data remain as it is, when i upgrade with Pwnage?

Cyberlopez6
October 18, 2009 at 5:12 AM

I have a 3GS, previously jailbroken. I updated to 3.1.2 via iTunes, then ran BlackRain and the process was flawless.

My only problem was that I installed all 3 (cydia, icy and rock). Everything seemed ok but no UI mods would work (5 icons, winterboard). I started over by restoring to 3.1.2 via iTunes and this time installed just Cydia. Works perfect!

Cyberlopez6
October 18, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Blackrain on the PC does 1 thing. It installs Black Rain on the iPhone. Youmust upgrade to 3.1.2 via iTunes first. Then run blackrain on the PC which will put a blackrain icon on the iPhone. You use that to install Cydia.

BluPrint196
October 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Wat a piece of sh!t software, it doesnt work, devteam gotta hurry up with their jailbreak

October 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM

i have tied many time to jail break it with this and it keeps showing usb to itunes. what is going on with this, it will not jail break? and i have to soft reset ever time to get out of this could someone tell me what the deal is?

Carl
October 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Tried about 15 times with my iPhone 3G and with no success. half the time it would freeze on the connect to iTunes screen and the other half it would restart and freeze at that point.

Pernille
October 18, 2009 at 6:51 AM

hello i have some problems. When i starts Blackra1 and it's running my iphone will connect to itunes and want to restore and when it does that you can't find my iphone on the computer. what do i do wrong ??? can you please help me ?

Julio
October 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM

◦iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB) --> This firmware change my Baseband? can i unlock my iphone with this firmware?

Adam Rose
October 18, 2009 at 1:24 PM

The blackra1n didnt work for me and i have a 16gb iphone 3g on 3.1.2

i decided to try and use redsn0w for the hell of it and it went like normal when i had 3.0 software and now the screen has the hard drive and the green arrow and says downloading jailbreak data but wont do anything...im sure that its possible to get past this somehow...

i used redsn0w .8 and ipsw for the 3.0

Adam Rose
October 18, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I JUST GAVE BLACKRA1N ONE MORE CHANCE AND IT WORKED!!!
I HAVE A 16GB 3G ON SOFTWARE 3.1.2

TURN YOUR PHONE OFF THEN CLICK MAKE IT RA1N THEN TURN YOUR PHONE ON!
IT JUST WORKED FOR ME AFTER TRYING SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS

BoognishMoFo
October 18, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Have tried for two days all checks and balances, as soon as iphone is reset, blackrain says done easiest jb,blah,blah,blah but just the usb/itunes. tried combinations from all over. I hate being a slave to the MAN. I did use a custom ipsw and got it but lost network service. Hope i

October 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I'm having the same problem with the phone demanding I input my voicemail password repeatedly. I'm wondering, if I change my PIN, if it'll go away. Haven't tried yet...

Matt
October 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Just did it on my 1st Gen iPhone and worked first time. I took the advise from above about the phone being off and doing it and worked perfectly. thanks very much

Erik vasquez
October 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I have jailbroken 4 iPhone 3g's and it worked just reboot your phone to factory use. Then click out of iTunes and reboot your iPhone to the unlock screen. Do not have the iPhone connected to the computer click on blackea1n and it will ask for you to connect you iPhone this will load what you need to jailbrake it is complicated it took me awhile but I gOt Afew iPhones done.

Milly
October 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I have a slight problem. While I try to run blackra1n, it would say running, and instead of getting a picture of geohot all I get is the connect to iTunes image.

mk
October 19, 2009 at 2:31 AM

my 3G iphone hangs at reboot!! and when i manually reboot it will revert to the unjailed original 3.1.2 version!! Help

Cs B
October 19, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Jailbroke my iPhone 3G. Works perfectly. Exit iTunes, blackra1n, reboot, install. thats all

Mike
October 19, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Hey Guys,
With Blackra1n do you have to restore it to factory use before using the program, or can you just update your phone to 3.1.2 as normal and then use blackra1n to install cydia. If someone can let me know thanks! I've always used itunes to update the phone which restore it, then unlock the phone with quickpwn. Same process? thanks guys

Mike

October 19, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Finally got this to work. I used 3 different PCs all with the same methods to finally get one that worked. 1st attempt was win7 itunes open, xp sp3 comp mode, unblock app, make it rain...no go. 2nd attempt was win7 itunes CLOSED, xp sp3 comp mode, unblock app, make it rain...no go. 3rd/4th Windows XP same as above...no go. 5th attempt Vista home edition, itunes open, make it rain...success. No comp. mode, no unblocked application...you'll know if it works because it takes less that 30 seconds. My recco is to try this on several different PCs since all they need is itunes (9.0.1), and blackra1n.

Cheers,
Thomas

BryanMac
October 19, 2009 at 5:47 AM

i have installed repo666.ultrasn0w and my phone is still locked. Any help please

Enrique
October 19, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I just jailbroke my 3gs and it was the easiest jailbreak (and fastest) ever! Thanks!

djdjek
October 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I have an jailbroken & unlocked iPhone 3Gs 3.0.1.
Can I use PwnageTool 3.1.4 to keep my jailbroken & unlocked iPhone 3Gs when I will update to iPhone 3.2.1 using the Dev-Team firmware?

Rumspringa
October 19, 2009 at 10:20 AM

for everyone that is having problem JB the 3G i found a tutorial that works perfectly 100% of the time. (I didn't make this video, i'm just supporting it because it helped me a lot and works perfectly, btw you don't have to restore your iPhone like he says you do)

Jay
October 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I used blackra1n many times to jailbreak my 3G but it failed in Windows 7 BETA z64 Build 7600. Then I switched to my Windows Vista x32 and it worked the third or fourth time. But I don't know how it worked...

Andres
October 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I have an iPhone 3G on the 3.1.2 firmware and Blackra1n gets stuck at the "running..." screen. It sends my iPhone to recovery mode but then freezes there.

godie
October 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM

one question, did you jailbreak with baseband 5.11.o7?´thanks.

Jas
October 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Jay: "..But I don’t know how it worked…"
program designed for 32bits Windows - only XP 32bits, Vista 32bits, and Windows 7 32bits works

Hi8rida
October 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hey techys
alright
imma tech but I never worked with apple
I have a iPod touch 3g
and I need a jailbreak
does anyone think that I can downgrade to 2g?
Or whatever you call it.
I've done alot of hacking but not with apple
I made gorrillaki11a the the virus
but I need a jailbreak people all love
anyone hears somethin email me
hi8rida@ yahoo.com

Filiz
October 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Hi,
I bought an At&T Iphone 3gs a week ago without knowing the importance of firmware. Thought I could get it unlocked. It has 3.1.2 firmware on it now. I was able to jailbreak it with Blackra1n but could not unlock it. I was wondering if there will be a solution to that any time soon. Thank you

Marco 46
October 19, 2009 at 3:51 PM

im guessing ppl like us have to wait for this type of things to get taken care of by professionals.boy i cant wait to get my 3g 3.1.2 broken...

JOsh
October 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Did anyone figure out what the deal is with 05.11.07 baseband?
i think most people are having trouble jailbreaking on it. (from what i know at least)

Daniel
October 19, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I did it, it's great! Thank you very much!

IL TANO
October 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Do I have to reboot manual?? Thks

Mahfuz
October 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I am trying for saveral times to jailbreak my 3G iPhone 3.1.2 using blackra1n but no jailbreaking done. A geohot picture is comming insteade of recovery pics but its not jailbreaking. it happened atleast 30 times. If there is any idea pls let me know.

mischa
October 20, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Leave it until the battery ist completely empty. Then make a full recovery with itunes. That´s it.

Booce
October 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Watch & Follow Instructions if you have a 3G & are having trouble w/Blackra1n. My 3G is finally jailbroken because of this video.

Milly
October 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM

What video?

Rumspringa
October 21, 2009 at 1:55 AM

If your 3G is getting stuck at the recovery screen follow these steps
1. Plug in you iPhone open iTunes and unchecked the box that says automaticly sync this device when pluged in
2. Start up blackra1n and click make it ra1n
3. As soon as the device powers down hold the lock button and home button until the screen turns in then let go of the lock button only wait for the picture of ge0h0t then you can release the home button

d@n13l
October 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Blackra1n is the worst jailbreak ever geohot tried to make it to easy but instead he made it worse. Me personally I think pwnagetool is better. The debs should release pwnagetool for pc to, not just for mac users.

Wlmer
October 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM

it dosent worke for me, no matter what i do, i only get the itunes and cable screen... any one know what i can do?

Jeremy
October 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM

did you ever find a fix? I am having the same issues with my jailbreak.

hm
October 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Good looking out Rumspringa. That did the trick!

xJaypex
October 22, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Hey, which version of itunes do you recommend?

jratti634
October 22, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Rumspringa, you rock. Your workaround was perfect! Thanks a lot

xJaypex
October 22, 2009 at 4:21 AM

which version of itunes you used bro?

pepe
October 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Hi, I just bought an iphone 3gs. My question is, is there anyway that I can JB? which program should I used ( Blackra1n or pwnagetool). I tried both many times but after rebooting did not turn on.

Thanks pepe.

October 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM

After a few days of trying to jailbreak this device using blackra1n. It has failed. I've tried the method where you run two blackra1n programs and it worked for one of my iPhone 3G's but the other is still nothing.

pooh
October 22, 2009 at 3:03 PM

i just jailbroke iphone 3g with blackra1n.....mayb i was lucky

Successful
October 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Right guys - there are lots of supposed 'guides' out there telling you how to do it...forget them. Blackra1n is random - most times it fails, but occasionally it will work. I repeated the EXACT same method about 15 times, until it worked. I did nothing different whatsoever - same timing, same everything. I ran Blackra1n, it got stuck. I closed Blackra1n, reopened it, pressed 'make it rain' then rebooted iphone, over, and over and over again. 15 times of doing the same crap again and again, and it worked.

If you are lucky enough to succeed first time you try, congratulations...but for me, it was all about trying, swearing my ass off, trying the same shit again, swearing some more, etc...

It doesn't make sense...but those are the facts. What I would suggest is (assuming you are patient enough with this buggy program), try someone's guide 15 times. If it doesn't work, try someone else's guide 15 times...etc. Eventually you will either succeed or end up downgrading, or waiting for a better jailbreak release (or throwing your iphone out the window)

Successful
October 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM

P.S. This was on my iPhone 3G using windows 7 (running Blackra1n in WinXP SP2 compatibility mode). Though, I am guessing all this compatibility mode stuff and shutting down processes is a waste of time...the failures are due to Blackra1n and not anything running on your system - perhaps someone else will verify this eventually.

WInston
October 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Same here i have iPhone 3g and when after i start blackra1n it only gives me the DFU mode.

ibrahim
October 22, 2009 at 11:02 PM

it didnt work with me .. i went all the way to it says itbeen jailbreak this i phone and show the pic of this guy and 3 iphones in my i phone.. how ever after it reboot it ask me to in insert a valid SIM with no pin lock to activate iphone and i am on pin lock T mobile ... and its still doesnt work with me.. i did it like more than 9 times and everything it wents all way to the end and reboot the iphone and still nothing happening same massege for some reasons i dont know how to fix it .
any one can help..
i am using G3 ... and the last update ,,, just updated 2 days ago and i wished that i never updated... its killing me and my time .. i dont know what to do.. .
thanks
IBrahim

Sirus
October 23, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I just bought an iphone 3g 8gig (second generation). Never had one before. I have added all my contacts to it already. If I JB, will it wipe everything on my iPhone including contacts?

onefinethug3
October 23, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Everyone who has successfully jailbroken their iphone 3g are right. All you have to do is keep trying it over and over again. I have tried many many different methods posted on this site. The only thing that seems to work is to keep on trying over and over again. I ddint do anything with changing to runs as admin, or changing the xp capability or anything. Just kept rebooting it when the phone froze in the itunes restore mode. In my personal opinion and i have read it in other posts; The blackra1n program is still buggy. I’m not sure how easy it is to be done on a 3GS but for 3G users like my self it sucks. If you have gotten your phone sucessfully jailbroken on the first try, consider your self one of the lucky ones. It took 3 days and over 30 tries for my phone to show the picture of George on my Iphone. After he finally came up on my phone, i was happy and it successfully jailbroke on its own. But this program works but not well for th 3G users. Finally worked for me tho, and im happy. Hope my donation helps with making the next program better the next time around.

Nomen
October 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM

To those who had issues with the connect to itunes screen. I got fed up so i forcequit blackra1n while my iphone still had the error message. I restarted blackra1n told it to let it ra1n and than with the error message still going i reset my phone once more holding both buttons. i eventully got it to work.

October 23, 2009 at 6:09 AM

how do i get blackrain to load on the iphone the app link with apple symbol is unresponsive i can download it onto my PC but not run it by double clicking

October 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I successfully jail broke my 3g iPhone(3.1.2) and installed Cydia. When downloading themes and such to winterboard and enabling them they don't work. I've also tried icy and rock. Any help?

jim
October 23, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Running on Vista. Phone in "AirPlane" mode, pluged in with USB cable. Close any programs that opens. Hold both the LOCK and HOME buttons until power off. Let go of everything. Now start Blackra1n. Then hold LOCK and HOME again until screen lights-up. Only let go of LOCK button. Keep holding HOME button. Blackra1n will then catch your phone. Should see his picture now. Just wait and let it do its thing. Don't forget to turn AirPlane mode back off.

stevem
October 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I jailbroke mine on mac, but my buddy was having problems so i made the suggestion to put it in airplane mode and then it worked like right off the bat. so try that

jason
October 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM

i would have to agree with Succssful's post. It is just a matter of trying over and over. I tried everr option posted and it didn't work with Blackra1n, but i just sat here and rebooted and tried over and over....8 tries later....IT WORKED!!

Spazzb22
October 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM

worst jailbreak ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agentradio24
October 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Just letting everyone know that I have successfully jailbroken 2 iPhone 3gs' and 3 iPhone 3G's (one of which was a Mexican one). The only thing I can say I did differently was that I removed the sim card and placed the phone in airplane mode. Worked the first time on every single device. Two different computers. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

agentradio24
October 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I've done this process for 5 different iPhones. 2 were 3Gs, 2 were 3G, and 1 was a Mexican iPhone 3G (using 2 different computers). The only concievable thing I did differently was to remove the sim card from the device before the procedure. Hope this helps. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

angela
October 24, 2009 at 4:31 PM

can someone tell me if i have to update to the itunes 3.1.2 first then jail break? I currently have jailbreak 3.1-ATT? Thanks

tiera
October 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM

i cant do it.. ive dont it with redsnow before.. it was really easy but it wont work for my phone.. i have a mac computer and i have a iphone 3g 3.1.2 .. and im having issues.. ughhhh

help me please!

Reydel
October 25, 2009 at 1:40 AM

If you are using windows 7 download black rain put it in your desktop then connect your iPhone ,iTunes must sync your device,do not close iTunes just minimize it do not close iTunes then run the blackrain do not run it on administrator,administrator works only in windows vista and xp so that you may not be able to get stuck,then click make it rain then iTunes will pop up together with the success message of black rain then on your device There must be shown a picture then wait to reboot your device then your done it's work 100 percent in iPhone 3g,3gs,iPod touch 1stgen and 2g

Steve
October 25, 2009 at 3:14 AM

PeoplE People , please do your research first , Yes u can jailbreak a 3gs but only the mb and not the mc , check to what u got first and if you feel you need to tell the world that you have just JAILBREAKED YOUR 3GS let us know what model MB or MC :)

Ryan Harper
October 25, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Mine wont finish....I click "Make It Ra1n" and it enters recovery mode and runs but it never finishes it just keeps running....I have a iphone 3g running 3.1.2 anyone know how i can make it work?

Ryan Harper
October 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Okay update!!! I finally got it to work...the way i did it was really wierd but here it is...I downloaded PurpleRa1n ver. RC2 then it went into recovery mode and then purple rain stopped responding and so i chose to close the program...then i opened blackra1n and clicked "Make it ra1n" and almost instantly i say the image and awaited the reboot...everything so far runs smoothly...once again i have an iphone 3g with 3.1.2 on it...
Hopefully this will work for anyone else having the same problem

Benedict
October 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Hello..

I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1 firmware but MC model. And I heard that blackra1n can't jailbreak an MC model. And I really want to jailbreak my iPhone.. What should I do? HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!

Hans
October 25, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Stay tuned, Geohot (the developer of the blackra1n jailbreak) says that he will have MC support for the newer iPhone 3GS tomorrow.

FISHMAN
October 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM

anyone having a problem switch your 3g phone to airplane and blackrai1n works straight away

worked for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3GS Not working
October 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I have an iPhone 3GS MC model(got it 2 weeks ago) and have done EVERYTHING, with no luck. I'm just hoping they'll fix it soon, I'm dying to JB my iPhone. :-( I hope ur right Hans, I would be very happy for a JB for my iPhone 3GS MC. I'll come back tomorrow to see if anything comes out. Bye. :-)

Mike
October 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Hey,
Im using an iPhone 3G 16GB and I tried blackra1n yesterday. I run the program, it reboots then goes to the USB to iTunes screen. I read blackra1n RC2 was released. Just tried that and the same problem occurred. Any help?

Thanks,
Mike

sam
October 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM

hey there i was waiting for the 3.1 unlock to come out ...can anyone pls let meknow that i can unlock my iphone 3G or not here are the current specs
i have 3.1(7C144) version
mobel MB704LL
05.11.07 firmware
and 05.90 bootloader version
pls help me out here guys i am new to this topic
any help would be appreciated ...thanks
if u would like to email me
here is my email address
shiv_dub1989@yahoo.com

Josh Clarke
October 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I need serious help. Ive done everything above but still no luck. My iphone 3g (running 3.1.2) ran out of juice on saturday and gave me the crap 'replace or insert sim card' error in itunes. I have tried to do many standard restores but it gets to within a fraction of the end, where itunes says it is 'restoring iphone firmware' and sticks on that for hours. No luck with 'make it ra1n' or anything. I cannot get to my home screen, i cant even turn it on!. Help please!

Jacques_deH
October 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Hi everybody !
How is it with the Blackra1n App on the iPhone, after jailbreaking ? Should I / can I delete it ("Uninstall Blackra1n") ??
Thanks !

Jacques_deH
October 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM

That’s a normal step, just let it do its job a while, it should then reboot, takes some time but it’s OK.
This jailbreak application is spectacular, great ! Thanks, George !

jeff
October 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Just re-run b1ackRain again.. once you are in the Recovery Mode, that say plug in iTune picture, closed b1ackRain and launched again and press, Make it Rain again

It should work, I got stuck also for 10 minutes and I tried again.. it works.. haa haa

Ash
October 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM

YOU ARE MY HERO!! PPL LIKE YOU MAKE ME WANNA SCREAM F U STEVE JOBS!!

mike
October 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Will this hacktivate the iPhone 2G?

Drew
October 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Currently on 3.0.1, how do I upgrade to 3.1.2? I was told not use itunes to update for fear that it would not be able to be unlocked with any crack.

Does this still hold true?

October 26, 2009 at 12:54 AM

well i have a iphone 3g i really need to jailbreak it cause i use it for tmobile and blackrain is not working! when will the other jail break be for windows?!

sharon
October 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM

downloaded blackra1n to desktop
connected iphone 8gb,v Build Version 7D11, Software version 3.1.2
opened Itunes
Run blackra1n from desktop & installed
Phone rebooted itself
blackra1n icon appeared on iphone
run & installed icy nothing happened so i rebooted iphone
installed icy successful
moving directories appeared on phone
used icy icon and all worked fine

Thanks guys

stylez
October 26, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I have an iphone 3g and runnin firmware 3.1.2
and i did everything is said and blackra1n isnt comin up on my iphone. what am i doin wrong? It says waitin for device and i plug it in and then itunes comes up and it reboots and stuff but blackra1n doesnt come up on my phone so i know its not jailbroken. Can anyone help. Im usin windows vista

raul
October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM

i had the same problem, u need to open the program first (blackra1n) leave it quiet, plug ur iphone into ur pc, let the itunes run and close it, then u should hit "make it rain" button, try it, it should work

goks
October 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

does this work with 2nd generation 8 gig itouch v3.12 ?

adam
October 27, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Blackra1n worked amazingly well on my 3g running 3.1.2
Happy now!

1.61.80.99.33
October 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM

So...

Last night I ran the Pwnage Tool (with a mac naturally), and it worked, MOSTLY. I was using it for my iPhone 3G 3.1.2 out of curiosity. It installed and didn't freeze up, but NONE of the networking functions where available. I have AT&T and am on the 3g network (at least I pay for it), so I figured it should've stuck. At least I should've been able to run a wifi connection, but this failed as well. I tried to open the bourne shell but was unable to so I really didn't get a full diagnostic and didn't want to run it through the computer (because I am lazy at 3am).

I have restored it to factory settings so I can't tell you much more abou this, but I though I should just mention it for ole' times sake.

-1.61.80.99.33

1.61.80.99.33
October 27, 2009 at 6:29 AM

P.S. 8gb memory iPhone

ken
October 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM

amazing......IT WORKED WITH MY IPHONE 3G 3.1.2 MODEM 05.11.07
just 2 mins and jailbreak done!!!!
a biggest THANKS !!!!!

Jesse
October 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM

OK well, finally got it to work after 2 frikin days so for all of those still having problems here is another way to try,

and btw this is exactly how i did it and im running 64bit vista with a 8gig iPhone 3G 3.1.2 with modem firmware 05.11.07

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

>go to your friends house because its just lucky,
>delete the first blackra1n that you downloaded and re download it
>turn off iphone while its plugged into computer
>close itunes and use task manager to end the ituneshelper in the proccesses tab
>open blackra1n and click let it rain while your phone is still off
>click the power button and once the apple icon appears click the home button while still clicking the power button (i.e. both at the some time)
>your iPhone screen should goto the plug into itunes(dont panic) keep holding the buttons and it should eventually restart, when the apple apears again let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button
>once you see geohots face with iphones let go of home and it should work ( myn worked on it for about 2-3 mins then restarted)

Linda
October 27, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Fantasticly Simple! Done in a flash. Thanks for all you share.

nick
October 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

i have the first gen iphone running 2.2.1 want to upgrade how do i do that without locking my phone from running tmobile service

October 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Well, if you dont have SBsettings installed, i suggest you do so.
Thah will allow you to slide your finger across the screen and tweak many different settings. (Im sure youve dealt with this program before.)If not, once installed: run your finger across the status bar at the top of the screen, and the panel will scroll down. there should be a couple of options to choose from. Choose the "Power" option > Reboot > Wait.. once your iPhone/Touch reboots itself, all of your networking apps should be at tip-top shape and running at 100%. If not, i have another solution for you.

October 28, 2009 at 2:26 AM

THANKS MATEEE!!

PIPNJ25
October 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM

I just followed the directions for the 3GS Blackrain but now I have a phone that just shows the image of the boy and the phones and the phone is locked in that state, I can't turn it off, restart or anything. Any suggestions GEOHOT or anyone else familiar with this situation.
Thanks

Marx
October 28, 2009 at 6:36 AM

all went great, device restarted. but i dont see the blackrain icon on my device not 1st nor last page... any help?

sjoerdadlp
October 28, 2009 at 6:41 AM

its easy to fix in windows vista/windows 7. right klick on the program, go to the compatebilty tab. and rubn in windows xp server pack 2. it worked for me when i jailbroke the ipod touch 2g 16gb from a friend.

succes!

IConnect
October 28, 2009 at 6:48 AM

One of the easiest jailbreak. BlackRa1n rocks !

Fatrix
October 28, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Worked for me. But it seems that everyone does it their ow n diff way. Took me like 10 trys to jailbrake although when worked took less then 30 sec

nobody-
October 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I also have an iphone 3g version 3.1.2 , i try almost everything but it seems that doesn't work.I see the video of the 3gs and I notice that in the video when the pictures appear the iphone 3gs starts loading but in my iphone 3g that doesn't happened. what can I do?

nobody-
October 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM

O I FORGET i am making this on the version 9 of itunes, with windows an my iphone is 8gb

Damian
October 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Worked flawlessly on iPhone 3G 3.1.2 & OS X.

niky
October 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM

so... i ran the MAC quickpwn thing.. however, now i am unable to call, text or anything.. plus i noticed that my MMS capability is gone.. WTF dude?! so now i have a phone that i cant use... a lil help would be great! thanks!

Davo
October 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Muchas Gracias!! Simple, Easy, You Guys Rock!!!

Lepa
October 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM

My iTunes keeps loading , which I thnk is why it is not working !
Do I need to disable iTunes , so it stops opening ?
:-(

Anthony
October 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I jailboke my itouch 2nd gen and then i realized it was on a 3.1.1 firmware and not 3.1.2 and the jailbreak worked i was like wtf

Majyk
October 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Don't know who this will help but I had the SAME problem running blackra1n on my laptop to jailbreak a brand new 3gs with 3.1.2. It would run for 15 minutes then reboot but blackra1n would not be on my phone. I tried it SEVERAL times. Changed to my desktop and it worked first time, in less then 2 minutes. Don't know why. Same speed processor, same amount of RAM. Any ideas why it wouldn't work on my laptop?

October 30, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Blackrain is the best, fatsest and easiest way to jailbreak. works perfect

eswar
October 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Mr.Ken,

please help me to jailbreak my Iphone 3g 16gb 05.11.07 and OS upgradesd 3.0 to 3.1.2.

thanks

aigou
October 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Great!
Its working on my iphone 3G.
3.0 uograde to 3.12
windows XP

BIGBIG thx!

iluvfreeapp
October 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I just updated to 3.1.2 on my Iphone 3G and I tried to download blackra1n for windows but everytime I click on it is says "The Procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library SQLite3.dll" Anybody know what this means?? Please help I need free apps!!!

Dex
October 31, 2009 at 3:28 AM

I have tried everything suggested on here to Jb my iphone using Blackra1n and nothing is working for my 3G updated to the 3.1.2 through Itunes. Any other suggestions?

frank
October 31, 2009 at 5:24 AM

I'm trying to jailbreak it right now but it keeps on showing the plug into itunes screen then it will go to a blank white screen. also on my itunes it will say that my device is in recovery mode so i need to restore it and its pretty much just a vicious cycle

blcdragon
October 31, 2009 at 2:04 PM

my problem was after using my iphone for about a month been jailbroken with blackra1n all of my apps stoped working except for any apps from cydia, or installous, i end up having to restore my iphone and dont know if i want to jalbreak it again with blackra1n... has any one experienced anything like this before and if so what could be causing it?

CP
October 31, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I have the exactl the same problem, hope someone has a solution.

Bob
November 1, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Hi Guys, Wanted to thank you for the info on jailbreaking the iphone. Worked flawlessly. Dont have itunes running when you run blackrain2. It takes a bit to install but be patient, the rebooting and running all work.

Andy
November 1, 2009 at 6:42 AM

It seemed to work at first then after it rebooted iTunes popped up saying I cannot use my iPhone until i recover it, so im not trying that again