Update #2: Want to unlock iPhone 3.1.2? Go to my download and install blacksn0w post to unlock.
Update #1: Go to my jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n post to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch!
Today the iPhone 3.1.2 update was released to iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch usres. This update includes mainly bug fixes. If you would like to jailbreak or unlock your device, you must read this. If you have an unlocked iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS do not update to this new firmware, updating to the iPhone 3.1.2 firmware will permanently update your baseband. The newer baseband does not support software unlocking.
The jailbreak has not been released yet, but you if you've got too much time on your hands you may be able to jailbreak if you try the following. If this works please share your results in the comments.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2
1. Update to iPhone 3.1.2. After updating, find your iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW file or download it using any of the links below. Remember, don't use Safari to download. Safari can't download .IPSW files properly, use a different browser!
- iPhone 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)
- iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)
- iPhone 3GS 3.1 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)
2. Download redsn0w.
3. Follow the jailbreaking guide at the Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 post.
Unlock iPhone 3.1.2
It's possible to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 but only if your baseband has not been updated to 05.11.07 or the newer baseband, you must create a custom firmware that uses the 04.26.08 baseband. The iPhone 3.1.2 update updates the baseband to a newer one that permanently blocks the software unlock. A guide on how to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 will be up once a jailbreak tool is released.
For now, follow @QuickPWN and subscribe to QuickPwn YouTube channel for updates.