Home » » Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3.1.2

Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3.1.2

Written By Hans Berger on Thursday, October 8, 2009 | 6:26 AM

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2

Update #2: Want to unlock iPhone 3.1.2? Go to my download and install blacksn0w post to unlock.

Update #1: Go to my jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n post to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch!

Today the iPhone 3.1.2 update was released to iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch usres. This update includes mainly bug fixes. If you would like to jailbreak or unlock your device, you must read this. If you have an unlocked iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS do not update to this new firmware, updating to the iPhone 3.1.2 firmware will permanently update your baseband. The newer baseband does not support software unlocking.

The jailbreak has not been released yet, but you if you've got too much time on your hands you may be able to jailbreak if you try the following. If this works please share your results in the comments.

How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3.1

1. Update to iPhone 3.1.2. After updating, find your iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW file or download it using any of the links below. Remember, don't use Safari to download. Safari can't download .IPSW files properly, use a different browser!

2. Download redsn0w.

3. Follow the jailbreaking guide at the Jailbreak iPhone 3.1 post.

Unlock iPhone 3.1.2

It's possible to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 but only if your baseband has not been updated to 05.11.07 or the newer baseband, you must create a custom firmware that uses the 04.26.08 baseband. The iPhone 3.1.2 update updates the baseband to a newer one that permanently blocks the software unlock. A guide on how to unlock iPhone 3.1.2 will be up once a jailbreak tool is released.

For now, follow @QuickPWN and subscribe to QuickPwn YouTube channel for updates.
Today Geohot released blacksn0w. I've created a step-by-step tutorial on how to
install blacksn0w on iPhone OS 3:

Any linkbacks on your blog are appreciated. We are also creating
guides for users on how to download Cydia's On File so they can be
safe from future updates.

Ron
October 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM

So you asking us to update to 3.1.2. And then let you know if we can jailbreak it? So is this taking a risk to those already waiting for the 3.1 jailbreak for windows???

mk12
October 8, 2009 at 7:37 AM

There's nothing wrong with that -- there's no risk involved, you can always just restore the device with DFU mode or recovery mode.

Dj
October 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Dont update wait for sn0wbreeze to come out screw the update 3.1.2 dont do it ill tell u this now

Andrés
October 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM

I know I am being as patient as possible for windows 3.1 jb

Danny
October 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Weve all patiently been waiting for this jb for the 3G when is it happening lets get a move on it dev team!

Matta
October 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Just Updated thinking that it was already jailbroken due to the usual "headline" from quickpwn.com... Redshow doesn't recognize the firmware..thanks. I can't get back to my previous jailbreak can i?

October 8, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I am very scared I dont know if this will ruin my I phone 4 ever so I am having my friend do it so I don't be responsible. That is what u should do.

jim
October 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

my iphone was bought in italy, sim free and compatible with any network right out of the box. my base band is 05.11.07. can i jai;break with the new software?

there are so many terms, i don't get what software unlocking is..? is this unlocking for example, an at&t iphone to work on another network?

Galaxian
October 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Hinji,

Tell me your friends name, so I can have him/her do it, since that is what you think i should do. I dont want to be responsible either!

Damo
October 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I really kmow how to blindly time my upgrades!! 2g phone now buggered and I guess is waiting for the RedSn0w update. How long do these things usually take?

yu
October 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

redsn0w doesn't work! anyone have tried pwnage tool 3.1?

yu
October 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM

... and guys, nothing can actually ruin your iPhone forever. It's just a programmable man made hardware.

Justin
October 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM

@galaxian
If it came out of the box ready and unlocked then it's factory unlocked so you can update to any software

(But if it came out of the box ready and the seal was already destroyed than someone unlocked it using unofficial tools like PwnageTool or something...

Meanwhile isn't baseband 5.11 downgradable as long as you have 5.08 bootband or somethin using Fuzzyband

Casseur
October 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I have a 3Gs 3.1 with the new 05.11.07 which unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried anything I find on the web and still "nada." If anything has a clue of how to unlock it please throw me a bone. I don't mind JB. I just want to have A phone. Thanks! I'll surely share my findings as well.

Grubster
October 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM

What about Ipod 1G?

JT
October 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM

4 those who updated 2 3.1 and want their jb back... I downgraded from 3.1 back 2 3.0 with no prob except my wi-fi acts silly at times... Downgrading is the answer until the 3.1 jb drops...

tyrel:P
October 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Hey guys, I've already jailbroken my itouch 2g 3.1.1 0n windows... It's real easy! If yu need super easilly understood instructions, email me at tyrelnuttall@gmail.com or look me up on face book:
Tyrel John nuttall..
anywayyys.. the jailbreak is easy.. Yu dnt even need quickpwn for windows..:P

Alek
October 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

@JT
how did you downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0? Are u talking about iPhone 3gs?
Thanks

Ron
October 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Listen up people. Listen up. Dont update to this 3.1.2 update. The Dev Team has said not to. Visit their blog. Search in google for The Dev Team Blog. There are the ones who know what they talking about.

Garrett
October 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM

not actually replying to you, but I'm just bumping as I'm also curious. In the past I've had extreme difficulty downgrading, period. If downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0 on the 3gS is possible, I'd be surprised, but delighted. I mean I imagine it's possible somehow but I wasn't aware of a solution yet.

October 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I agree with Ron, he knows what he's talking about.

mk12
October 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM

It probably wouldn't work, especially if the dev team said so, but for iPod Touch users, trying won't harm anything since you can just restore, and there's no baseband things to worry about.

BPain
October 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

WTF is up with these people.Your telling me that out of 1000's people out there nobody can hack the 3.1 update?It's been like a month and a half now.And all you can say is hey guys try to screw up your phone so we can take credit for it.You guys suck!

JT
October 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Sorry 3GS ers but I was talkn bout tha 3g... My 3GS will stay @ the store until the jb/unlock is released... Has n e 1 tried 2 downgrade the S??? And if so what firmware did u use???

October 8, 2009 at 2:11 PM

so does this one add cydia, or no like the last one? Still waiting for windows jailbreak. for 3.1

Stewie
October 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM

works lik a charm, all yu got 2 do is update 2 3.1.2, den download 3.0 software, den redsnow, den when yu browse da ispw, select da 3.0, NOT da 3.1.2 cuz it wont recognize it!

JT
October 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Y upgrade 2 3.1.2 just to downgrade back 2 3.0??? Doesn't make any sense 2 me...

Ron
October 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM

For all those stuck with 3.1 firmware and need jailbreak on windows. Geohot is releasing his new ra1n called blackra1n. With this new jailbreak tool we can finally jailbreak our 3.1 3gs and every other iphone or ipod touch. (including the new ipod touch 3rd gen) Geohot again beats The Dev Team, sorry. This is being released in the next 24 hrs. Follow geohot on twitter.

Jacques_deH
October 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Well, redsn0w 0.8 for Mac is "unable to recognize the specified ipsw", e.g. the 3.1.2 one ?!

Jacques_deH
October 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Ooops, sorry, comment from Stewle came inbetween, I'll try that but I share the perplexity of JT ;-)

maan_27
October 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Your on about 3.1.2???
When you haven't finished with 3.1!
I am still waiting for a windows update(redsn0w 9)..........Can you pick up the pace, by the time you will release an unlock, apple would have moved on to 4.0 firmware update!

Zeeshan
October 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

every 2nd person is coming up with jailbreak and unlocking 3.1 but with baseband lower than 5.11.7, so no big deal....

A real work will be to unlock with 5.11.7

Sal
October 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM

To all of the people that are getting errors while doing this process wait.Geohot will release blackra1n within 24 hours! it will be the jailbreak and unlock for 3.1 and 3.1.2 for all iphones and ipods.Once again beating out the dev team!

Danish
October 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Dear All, Is there any way to jailbreak iPhone 3g 3.1.2 ?
Please let me know.
By mistake i upgrade my iPhone..

Heli
October 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

STEWIE....

Ok so ur saying is basicly like when we had firmware 3.0.1 and we had to downloa the 3.0 Ipsw in order to jailbreak???

Brian
October 8, 2009 at 11:42 PM

After working all night, I successfully jailbroke broke my phone from the new 3.1.2 firmware.
h
This process takes a lot of time. I used the newest version of pwned, 3.1.3. Here are the step by step instructions on how to reflash the band and firmware.

I used a 2g iphone, so I needed to download the bl-39 and bl-46 bin's. I also downloaded the 3.0 iPhone update.

First, I but my phone into recovery mode, and I updated to the newest iPhone firmware, 3.1.2.

Secondly, I opened pwned 3.1.3, and I selected the expert mode setting. Then I clicked on the iPhone that I had, which was the icon to the left.

Next, on the browse IPSW section, I chose the 3.0 iPhone update .ipsw file, and it brought me to the next screen.

I chose "general", and I unclicked the update baseband update. I also set my Root Partition size to about 1 Gig.

At the next section, I clicked on update bootloader, and I checked the downgrade to 3.9 option.

I didn't really care about the Cydia options, because I really just wanted to get the phone to work, so I just skipped all of that.

The next section, I unchecked the Icy box, and I proceeded to the next checkpoint.

Click next on the icon details, and it brought me back to the original menu destination, which I clicked on "build" and moved on.

Pwned asks you where you would like to save your custom build, and I just selected my desktop.

This process takes a while, so I just fell asleep, and I woke up to it finishing the save/write process.

It asks you to put the iphone in DFU mode, and it then instructs you to go to iTunes, and manually update your firmware.

With my mac, I pressed option and clicked on update, and it asked me what file to use. I chose my custom config, and it took about ten minutes to reformat.

If you have a lot of patience, it will work perfectly.

Hope this works.

Sim
October 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Doesn't work at all !!!
I've followed the tuto, never reboot after the jailbreak...
I have to hard reboot... and cydia is missing.

Marcelo
October 9, 2009 at 1:20 AM

i downlaod the (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw),but i cant open this on the redsnow...
the file is zip format.
please help me.

Phantom Wraith
October 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM

this is the 3.0/3.0.1 redsn0w snow it has had no updates sice it came out -- that is why it whu read 3.1.2. Is the dev-team even doing another Redsn0w?, did it go the way of quickpwn?

kenslen
October 9, 2009 at 2:37 AM

this wont work with my iphone 3g 3.1.2 any ideal? thought it will work but it didnt

October 9, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Redsnow 0.8 is not working on iPhone 2G with 3.1.2 firmware. Shame on you Quickpwn. Please delete this post and apologize. I installed 3.1.2 because of you and now I cannot use my phone.

October 9, 2009 at 3:27 AM

I've the same problem. When I want jailbreak with redsn0w (mac) "firmware is not recognized"
Any help or update to make this working ?
Thanks

DrChip
October 9, 2009 at 3:32 AM

3.1.2 is not the end of updates, I'm guessing. I'm sure Apple is working on another release as I'm typing this. The iPhone OS has been a live staging platform, with the users as testers for Apple. It seems the tools for windows JBrs are slowing down. Updates are coming faster then the hackers can keep up with. I just hope geohot's exploit(s) works and works for a while. I know there are many teams and people JB the phone at there home that doesn't use Dev Tems exploits. I know I have been doing my own once I figured out my own tricks and exploits. Has anyone else JB there phone without the Dev Teams easy to use software? (by the way awesome job dev team!)

Phantom Wraith
October 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM

yes, but there has yet to be a 3.1 windows jailbreak, remember for 3.0 it was only a week apart, not nearly a month. And for people like myself w/ the 3G we don't plan on unlocking, all we need is the jailbreak, I about ready to downgrade and just stick to 3.0.1 until I find a 3.1 custom att ipsw.

PWRDByAdobo
October 9, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I tried this with a 3G(S) which came straight OOTB with 3.1 (damn). I applied the update and attempted this. The logic that doesn't sit with me is why you would need the 3.1.2 IPSW if no where in either tutorial you actually need it. Am I to rename the 3.1.2 IPSW to 3.0 for redsnow and then rename it back to 3.1.2? I don't get it but BlackRa1n, as far as I know, is due in the next couple days so I'll wait for that. Just my 2 cents.

Commander52
October 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I accidentally updated my jailbroken iphone to the new 3.1 update or whatever it is. all the apps crash when you open them so i restored it and cannot get the jailbrake to reinstall. I tried redsn0w and quickpwn. do i just need to wait for the new jailbrake to come out?

reddy
October 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM

All I want is cydia installed on my 3gs 3.1 store unlocked, should I need to wait for all these releases. Any easy way??

JB
October 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM

isnt 3.1 JB out already for PC and Mac, as in alternative way to JB for windows.. im using windows and my iphone3G already JBed on 3.1OS..

October 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

iPhone OS "3.1.2" Jailbreak Unlockahendra

Sumil
October 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I m desperately awaitng for this... yesterday was the firs time i tried to learn how to upgrade, and unfortunately since the latest was the 3.1.2 software, i errenously restored my phone on the same.. i have a edge one which is why i used the iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, now all i see is a usb cable sign pointing to itunes, when i go to itunes it says that my Sim is not supported, i am completeley trapped, now as i understand since my phone is restored on iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, only blackra1n can help me, please let me know if there are any other work arounds... (this is the first time i tried and i guess i have fallen into trap) any help will be appreciated.. thanks.

CyberSin
October 9, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I just downloaded the 3.1.2. Following all the instruction, but my iphone won't JB, again! Someone help, please!!!!!!

adamman
October 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

So can anyone confirm if using the 3.0 firmware on a 3.1.2 3gs to jailbreak with redsnow will actually install Cydia??

????
October 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I updated my 3g but when i selected the 3.0 on redsnow 0.8 it jailbroke it but it is still at ''Downloading jailbreak Data...''

What should i do? It is like this for over 5 mins!

????
October 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM

It activated but i have no Cydea or Icy. I thought the firmwire was not that different from the previous ones.

Alex
October 9, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I am currently upgrading. Fingers crossed I can JB afterwards as per above instructions.

James
October 10, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Dont update it cant jailbreak i have tested.i only can unlock

karen maynn
October 10, 2009 at 2:53 AM

So what is the link for jailbreaking an iPod Touch with 3.1? I heard about Geohot releasing it sometime already, but I can't seem to find the link. Can someone send me the link?

Patrick
October 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM

There is actually a jb for windows on fw 3.1 . My iPhone 3g is on 3.1 and is jb'ed . Ih8sn0w is the way untill sn0wbreeze or blackra1n comes out . All u really need is the custom fw and just restore to it .

Anton Smith
October 10, 2009 at 3:38 AM

What does unlucking do for your phone? I have AT&T what kind of features will get it give me? Can i have tethering and mms? Can i make a phone call? I just need some details on what unlocking does.

pt
October 10, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Somebody correct me if i`m wrong, isnt the issue here to try to downgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak. Y restore to 3.1.2.

Patrick
October 10, 2009 at 7:03 AM

I have windows vista and jb'ed my iPhone 3g on 3.1

DontBplayaHaten
October 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Well I updated to 3.1.2 then I downgraded to 3.1.1 with pwnagetool for mac with no problem just to put it out there

B
October 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Hey redsn0w is not recognizing the specified IPSW.. does anybody know how I can fix this problem?

Sammy
October 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Noob question

My iPhone ----
Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
Version 3.1

Can I jailbreak it without downgrading the baseband? I just want to be able to install Cydia/Installous and be able to browse my directories.

zaw
October 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM

just now i aldy upgrade to 3.1.2
after that i can't jail break with redsn0w 8
# iPhone 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)
# iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)
# iPhone 3GS 3.1 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB
all of this are not reorganize with
redsn0w 8
let me know what should i do
i want to jailbreak my ph

Vitaliy
October 10, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Blackra1n has been released. You can jailbreak 3.1.2, but not unlock.

Chris
October 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I've used Blackra1n to jailbreak my 3Gs. I am on 3.1.2 now, can anyone tell me if there will be an unlock for this firmware soon?

If not, is it possible to downgrade?

thanks.

code_acdc
October 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM

any idea how to jailbreak on a mac??

Fahad33
October 10, 2009 at 10:53 PM

How can i downgrade from 3.1 back to 3.0. Any help plz :(

bohemian03
October 11, 2009 at 1:32 AM

no unlock with blackra1n.

ResidentEvil
October 11, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Anyone have a link for blackrain?

Vitaliy
October 11, 2009 at 4:52 AM

blackra1n.com

Vitaliy
October 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM

Geohot has developed it for PC only thank goodness. At least not like iPhone dev who created only with mac for 3.1.1

simon
October 11, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Help me!
Just updated my 3gs iphone via itunes on my new mac, into 3.1.2. It was a mistake. But now it will not accept my sim. Can anybody help me?
Is thereanything to do at the moment?
Kind regards from Denmark:-)
Simon

Mortizz
October 11, 2009 at 5:58 AM

I got a question for the folks that used the blackra1n method to unlock the iphone 3g. Did it work for u? Did it have any errors or problems while in the process? I am ready to jailbreak my iphone from 3.0 to 3.12, i just want to verify if it worked. and if it did pls reply to me. Thanks!

Fahad33
October 11, 2009 at 5:58 AM

hi ,,,
can someone help me and let me now how can i downgrade 3.1.2 back to 3.0 ??????
i have iphone 3g .. and i tried blackra1n , and i waited for about 20 min , but my iphone doesnt reboot
any help plz :(

Buba
October 11, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Here is the link.
I just used blackra1n to upgrated my 3GS 3.1.2 which never been jailbroken before. It worked the 1st time with just a click, very easy and simple to follow instruction. Great work by Geohot.

go ahead & used it & don't forget to donate to him to support & keep him going.

Patrick
October 11, 2009 at 7:28 AM

Blackra1n is completley idiot proof too just remember to reboot ur device once u upgrade to 3.1.2 . Then just run blackra1n and boom jb !!! Freaking awesome man and it's quick too

simon
October 11, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hey Patrick:-)
Thanks man. SO this means, i now turn on my phone, download Blackra1n??? Whats that and where to find?
Best regards, Simon

evelyn
October 11, 2009 at 9:53 AM

i tried the blackra1n it didnt work for me.. reboot the phone and freshly restored it i tried several times... no success... :(
quickpwn pleaseeeeeee :)

iCizzle
October 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM

ya dinozambas posted a video this morning and it works great

Jason
October 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Help! My 3G would not go pass Download Jail Break Data... What should I do?

iDaddy
October 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I did the update then JB with Blackra1n. Off the hook work quick and easy. Can only install cydia or icy or rock on booth of my 3gs but not working on my 3g but didn't reset I'll try again.

john
October 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

just tried it, does not work I have iPhone 3gs running 3.1.2. Used redsnOw to load Iphone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_restore.ipsw and redsn0w states that it is a bad ipsw file....

any comments?

Jay
October 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I updated to 3.1.2 and I tried jailbreaking the phone using redsnow with the firmware 3.1.2 and of course it didnt recognized. So I also tried jailbreaking it using 3.0.0 firmware using redsnow once again and it also didnt work. Now I want to try the blackra1n but first does it work? Second, does it have cydia? thrid, there do can you download it from?

D
October 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Updated to 3.1.2 but getting an "Unable to recognize specified IPSW" when selecting the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw file in redsn0w... Am I missing something?

Biohazard
October 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM

iPod 3rd gen jailbreak???

chuck
October 11, 2009 at 11:33 PM

ive tried and it want come off the itunes screeen

Ipul
October 12, 2009 at 12:04 AM

The .ipsw for the iphone2g doesnt work with redsn0w...says "Unable to recognise specified IPSW"....help!

Phantom Wraith
October 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Blackra1n suck with the iphone 3g. 've used it on a 3gs and touches, w/o problems

Timgra
October 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I have tried blackra1n multiple times on my 3g because i was an idiot and accidentially upgraded it to 3.1.2. I use tmobile and had to go buy a cheap phone to get me by while i wait for a jailbreak and unlock. I cannot even get it to do anything with pwnage tool with a mac.

Bart
October 13, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I can't get redsn0w to regonize the firmware. I wish I could rejailbreak my phone is miss it not being jailbroken

AK
October 13, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Is this also for ipod touch 3rd gen?????

Crack it
October 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Isn't blakra1n a teathered jB????

Flo
October 13, 2009 at 9:31 PM

i have always this error message whit redsn0w 0.8 "Unable to recognize ISPW"

but why i have this error message ??? i have made the dwonload of reds0w and the version 3.1.2 here??

James
October 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Only tethered for ipt3

James
October 13, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Phantom* try running it in xp compatibility. Needed for gf's 3g but not my 3g(s)

stiffler
October 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Blackra1n isn't working for me. its just stuck saying running and my iphone 3g is stuck on the recovery screen. Any ideas peeps?

jack willis
October 14, 2009 at 4:54 AM

i have an iphone 3g and a ipod touch 2 genn and i installed blackrain on them installed all three icy cydia and rock that was fine but i downloaded a theme and clicked on it and a tick came up and i went of it with the home button and nothing happen plz help
?

Shadowwhistler
October 14, 2009 at 5:26 AM

I tried black ra1n a dozen times and as far as I can get is to recovery mode and it just stays there until I shut it down I waited almost a half an hour till I read it should only take 30 seconds .any idea what to try ?

October 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM

is in the future will quickpwn or other will be able to unlock iphone baseband 05.11.07 or the newer baseband ?

October 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM

if you guys know or dont know just comment me on my channel www.youtube.com/odan360

October 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM

does any one know how to restore frimware from 3.1.2 to 3.0

October 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM

is there any possible way to unlock iphone 3.1.2 and with the baseband 5.11.07

Steve
October 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I just update my iphone on itune and trying to use redsnow to jailbreak, I had downloaded the new firmware and try to use redsnow. However redsnow can't read the .ipsw. can someone assist me?

roy
October 15, 2009 at 2:20 AM

try putting the iphone in airplane mode before start blackra1n if it gets stuck on running screen the sollution is simple:
force restart your iphone (menu button and sleep button)
without getting the cable out of your iphone and run it again, this time it wil work fine.
if your on vista or win7 run it as admin

Jochen
October 15, 2009 at 3:27 AM

is there any way to downgrade back to OS 3.0.1 and the older "unlockable" baseband?

tahr
October 15, 2009 at 7:17 AM

guyz how to jb iphone3g 3.1.2 its not jb w by using blackra1n!!!!! wat to do???

Dhaenesje
October 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I updated my iPhone per accident ... And I read this to late :( it has got such a baseband 05.11.07 ... Will it be possible to release a new software (unlock) for it? I really need to unlock it :( or isn't there A possibility to downgrade the firmware or the baseband ? So I still can use the unlock? Pls I need help :( I am desperate ...
Ty

Jason
October 16, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Before I jailbreak the iphone 3.1.2, I have already jailbreak to 3.0.1 with the baseband 05.11.07 update. Yesterday, I tried to jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 by using the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw file download from the website . This is how I do it:-
a)Open iTunes 9.0
b)Do a back up by sync it.
c)On the left hand side, choose the phone and do a restore by pressing shift + restore together.
d)Select the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw file and let the iTunes do the rest of it.
e)Once it is done, I can see the version change to 3.1.2 with the Cydia appear on the springboard.

Now my iphone is jailbreak and unlock to 3.1.2 with the latest baseband 05.11.07. I'm using iphone3G(8GB) which is an unlock version in my country.

sam
October 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM

im from sydney australia wen i got my iphone 3g 8g i paid my service provider to unlock the phone as it was locked to another .... does this affect any thing can i do wat ur saying here jason?
or can i jailbreak using redsn0w on mac then sync on windows?
at the moment iv updated to 3.1.2 and my baseband is 05.11.07 and have jb'd through blackra1n, it workes ok but many cache failures and my old apps dont sync wen i try using itunes.. any1 know why???

capriguy
October 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Jason,

Last line says"I’m using iphone3G(8GB) which is an unlock version in my country." which means you already have an unlocked 3G phone. So it doesn;t matter you unlock it or not.

I am using AT&T so iphone 3G(s) is locked. I upgraded OS to 3.1.2 hoping that the usual jalbreak/unlock will work. Now that I slipped to this narrow hole, I am eagerly looking to see if someone comes up with an unlock mechanism.

anuj
October 16, 2009 at 11:51 PM

care to share the screen prints of update baseband, cydia and that u r on a different than official network?

thanks,
anuj

October 17, 2009 at 5:39 AM

there's only problem with 3gs ...
i was accidently updated my 3gs to fw 3.1 from Apple , so i can't use my phone at this moment , just haf to wait for Dev Team to release the new redsn0w to jailbreak it
sad huh ??? ;(

Daniel
October 17, 2009 at 6:09 AM

I did the same mistake as Dhaenesje!
Where did You fing the file (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw)?

regards
/Daniel

Khan
October 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM

hi...

where do u get the cutom ipsw file from??

can post the link to download iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw?

thanks in advance

Jason
October 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Since I already have an unlocked 3G phone, why I jailbreak the OS 3.1 using the custom 3.1 ipsw file download from the website,it can be jailbreak but cannot unlock. Does it meant that the custom ipsw file that I download is not suitable for me to unlock it.

The baseband 05.11.07 I accidentally update it from the iTunes, does it meant that the latest baseband is only affected to those who have an locked iphone. Too bad that I do not have the locked version iphone to test it.

For those who want the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw file, you can request through my e-mail : syewheng@yahoo.com as I don't know how to post the link here. Try for yourself and post it here to let us know whether it can unlock or not?

Rcdace 11
October 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I have noticed that when I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs I used a powered USB hub and it worked excelent but when I used the same port for my wifes 16gig 3g it did not work. So I pluged hers into my mac key board it worked fine. The jailbreak process for the 3gs was soo much faster. I was wondering is there any real problem with the 3g. As apposed to 3gs? Well anyway I would like to thank geohot for this resolution. It seems that this is the only way that I can get tethering back using pdanet. Kinda sad that I have to use it but hell I'll take it anyway. So thank you geohot and dev team for making my life easier for me to get on line with my acer a150 with os x 10.5.7 installed... Ha love apple...so you can call me Adam... LOL

Byn
October 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM

FOR ALL ON IPHONE 2G.
i updated my iphone 2g in itunes by accident and it updated my baseband, i then had the restore mode come up after reboot and only allows me to do emergency calls. I then had to go back to basebane 4.5 which i used redsnow to restore firmware 3.0 and baseband 4.5 so if you update to 3.1.2 on a 2G you can downgrade and go back to a wroking phone and then, update the firmware without the baseband upgrade.. i was so relieved.. good luck..

Gurmeet
October 18, 2009 at 2:48 AM

*****PLEASE READ******

Whatever I have been reading so far conflicts with my situation.

I had a 3.0.1 with baseband 4.26.08 with jailbreak and unlock

I accidentally did "erase all contents and settings"

Felt like an idiot after doing so but then I restored through itunes to the latest firmware (3.1.2). Does this not mean that my phone should have been LOCKED again?

But no, when i restored it, i popped in my fido sim (its a rogers IPHONE) and low and behold it worked.

Now, I have jailbroken it again, so I have a Jailbroken and unlocked one running on the latest firmware and newest baseband 05.11.07.

How is this possible???

**************************

Gurmeet
October 18, 2009 at 2:49 AM

oh and btw, following up from my previous post it is a 3GS!!!

October 18, 2009 at 4:23 AM

dude your so off topic its not event funny...

October 18, 2009 at 4:25 AM

*even funny and when is the the dev team coming out with this unlock should i just sell my iphone 3gs cause theres no hope?

moha
October 18, 2009 at 6:08 AM

hey guys.. thankx for your huge effort .. it is really appreciated.. now my phone is 3GS version: 3.0.1 (7A400) and modem firmware 04.26.08 .. how can i upgrade it step by step .. i didnt do the upgrading .. someone in xford st. in london did it with cydia so its my first time to do it.. please someone show me step by step what do and i have no problem in paying him or "donate to him" please help .... my contact are
m.tarakma@gmail.com MOB.NO.: 00965 999 4 99 06 plz help!!

Adam Rose
October 18, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I JUST GAVE BLACKRA1N ONE MORE CHANCE AND IT WORKED!!!
I HAVE A 16GB 3G ON SOFTWARE 3.1.2

TURN YOUR PHONE OFF THEN CLICK MAKE IT RA1N THEN TURN YOUR PHONE ON!
IT JUST WORKED FOR ME AFTER TRYING SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS

Sadoth
October 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM

How does one update the firmware without upgrading baseband too?

David
October 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I bought an Iphone 3g with 3.1.2 today from someone off Craigslist who kept his ATT sim card. I didn't want to use it as a phone right away and was going to wait and unlock it when the software for that came out. Anyway, I tried to synch Itunes to mine, but it didn't work so I stupidly restored the Iphone. Now I just have the emergency phone screen available and it tells me to insert a valid sim. What can I do? Is it enough to buy a $20 sim card? Do I have to pay for a 2-year plan? Pay ATT to reactivate or unbrick the phone? I don't even know if it's bricked or not. Suggestions please. Thanks.

Jason
October 18, 2009 at 10:22 PM

This iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw file file size is 238MB. Can someone provide his/her file sharing link for me to uploading this file to his/her account and shared with many people who want to have this file for jailbreak and unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Savy
October 18, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I've never upgraded my firmware and am stuck on 2.2.1. I now want to upgrade so u can benefit from all the apps that only work on 3 and up.

Should I restore original settings, upgrade to 3.1.2 and then purchase one if the "single" click JB and unlock solutions? Do they really work?

First time I unlocked I did it in a shop in London. Rather do it myself now!

Thanks

Theresa
October 19, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Ok...I am confused and never jailbroken a phone. Am i able to jailbreak my iphone 3.1 os version with windows? I believe i have firware 511

Alex silva
October 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Oh guys, how long it gonna take to be released?can't wait to unlock my f*** 3.1.2 iPhone

Sony
October 19, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Was it baseband 4.5 or 4.6 taht you downgraded to? can you please share a link for the 4.5 bootloader. Pls help!

nail
October 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM

hmm...is it possible to unlock the original iphone with this manual?
Ive an locked iphone

Yanji
October 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Hello,

I accidrntly update my iphone 3G 8gb, it was 2.2.1 and niw its 3.1.2 and I can't do anything, it says that I need a new sum card and I cant even access the springboatd, im syuck at the homepage where it said that I have to connect it yo itunes, but when I connect it I cant to anything they said the thing about the simcard so my iphone is nothing now.
Can simebody help me??
thx

Kyle
October 20, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Is it possible to update to 3.1.2 on my iphone 2g?

phil
October 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM

hi i think you can use blackra1n i just did a ipod touch with it at 3.1.2 and it say you can do it on all of the iphones at 3.1.2

Iggy82
October 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM

hey David no u dont have to buy the sim or pay att.....go on graigs list and find someone that unlockes phones and they will do that for you.......where u located ?

HumanDevil
October 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

you can jailbreak but u cannot unlock

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:12 PM

How did you update your phone accidentally? You have to download iTunes 9, installed it, download the firmware and update the firmware when asked in iTunes.

All of that are base on your choice!

As for your iPhone, hate to break this to you but the baseband on your phone has been altered permanently. For now there's no way to downgrade your baseband or exploit it and it looks like there will be months before there's any solutions available. You should check on the Dev Team website for updates but I doubt they will come up with anything in the upcoming months.

Good new is that you can use blackra1n to jailbreak it so you can use it as an iPod Touch or you can sell it to an ATT user and look for another iPhone with a lower baseband.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Since you are with ATT, ultrasn0w does not applies to you therefore you can use Pawnage Tool to jailbreak it. Visit the Dev Team website for more detail.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Again with the accidental update! There's no way you can accidentally update it, you have to go through several steps to get it updated and all those steps require your approval!

Your baseband has been altered permanently! Redsn0w only KEEP the baseband and update the firmware! It does not downgrade the baseband!

As of now there's no fix no solutions for this and you will have to wait a very long time.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Go to iclarified.com for all the details.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM

You can use Pawnage Tool to upgrade your firmware but KEEP YOUR BASEBAND!

Go to the Dev team website for more details or go to iclarified.com and search for Pawnage Tool 3.1.2.

Pawnage is only for MAC so if you have Windows you have to wait a bit longer for the new Redsn0w to come out.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM

When you say it works, what do you mean by it?

Blackra1n only jailbreaks your phone for free APPs not exploit it so you can use other carriers other than ATT.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM

By jailbreaking you mean you want to use Cydia and free Apps?

If you already updated your phone through iTunes to 3.1 and want to use other carriers other than ATT, YOU CAN'T!

Your baseband has been altered permanently! There's no fix for this and it will be like this for months.

But if you just simply want to use crack Apps and Cydia then you can use blackra1n to jailbreaks your phone since you are already on os 3.1.

iPhone Guru
October 20, 2009 at 7:32 PM

You will have to wait a very long times. Minimum 6 months! Use blackra1n to turn ur phone into an iPod Touch but as for a phone it cannot be use on any carriers except ATT.

Jason
October 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM

For those who request the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_Custom_Restore_Cydia ipsw file through my e-mail, please give me some time. I'm going to upload this file to sendspace, once it is done, I will post the link here for your to download.

Ram
October 21, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Same mistake here. I accidrntly update my iphone 3G 8gb to 3.1.2
Tryed to downgrade back to 3.0 but unlock still do not work. Hope someone meke unlock program.

Sam
October 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM

It is possible to change from 3.1.2 firmware to 3.1.2 custom where to unlock the iphone? Do you need to jailbreak before you unlock or can you just unlock? If the baseband is 5.11 rather than the 4.26 what are the chances of unlocking?

Jäck
October 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Go to cydia and look for "fuzzy". Donwload and install it.
this very programm downgrades your baseband and you can now install the sorce of repo666.ultrasnow.com

IMran
October 21, 2009 at 8:09 AM

i reset my iphone and i restore it again with itunes. now my phone is locked. wht should i do. and If i jailbreak will the phone work. please suggest me.

IMran
October 21, 2009 at 8:17 AM

oh i forget to tell you abt the version. first i have 3.0.1 and now i upgrade to 3.1.2 help me yar my phone is like a brick now. of no use please help me out of this mess.

Patawan
October 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Have 1gen iphone trying to jailbreak with 3.1.2 firmware.
Redsn0w keeps giving a message saying unable to recognize specified .ipsw. ispw file downloaded as .zip but I changed the ext to ipsw. can someone tell me if Redsn0w was successful jailbreaking 1st gen Phone with 3.1.2. I'm wondering if it because my browser dl file as .zip or if redsnow simply can't unlock it.

bill
October 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

can someone please post a link or a website or something to where they downloaded the firmware-a working one please

stevemachine
October 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM

ok guys, if, like me you have updated the baseband and think you have bricked your iphone. You need to force restore it back to an older ipsw, ie 3.0. everything you need to know is here:

itunes restores it to the old firmware and baseband and so after that u will need to jb and unlock, but this time it should work. all apps etc get deleted so if you didnt back up then you will lose all you contacts etc. Basically you iphone is like a new one.

Prince
October 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hello All,

This info is for those who upgraded for 3.1.2 without knowing unlocking is available and now iphone is useless for them...I am no expert...but what i tried worked for me...
-open itune
-connect phone
-press power button and home button
-phone will go to boot mode itune will ask for restore
-then it will show if you want reset
-click cancell and do the restore normally by clicking shift + restore button...but restore to 3.0

then unlocking 3.0 using redsn0w...
you iphone will work...again

prince

Keo
October 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM

How long does it take for the "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." to finish?

Keo
October 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM

How can I even get cydia if my phone is locked because of 3.1.2??

Rene
October 21, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Hello
Tried already 4 times to jailbreak my iphone. Program stays running but does nothing. When I take out the connection cable programs says, jailbraiking done. There is no program installed on the iphone.
Is there a specific procedure to do?
I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.2, iphone 16gb.
Thanks a lot for a comment.
Rene

Keo
October 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I have same problem, I think it's because the firmware that's on it 5.11.07 is blocking it, so it says it doesn't recognize it.

Keo
October 21, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Did originally update to 3.1.2?? Did it change your firmware to 05.11.07??? I try downgrading to 3.0, but it gives me an error message (1015). Stops when it is trying to restore my firmware. Then when I try to use redsn0w with 3.1.2, it says that it doesn't recognize specified .ipsw. Can you help me out??

Prince
October 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Well... I accidentally upgraded to 3.1.2 and there was no way I could unlock it...
So I did the above...on the locked status, do not connect i phone to computer...just open itune...then connect the phone..as soon as you connect...click power button, hold it and press home button twice and keep on holding both together...do not release the buttons...that will take you to restore mode...if doesnt work, first try again...
then it will say your phone is ready to restore...but for that first have 3.0 version firmware downloaded...coz 3.1.2 is not gonna lead you anywhere as there is no unlocking available yet for windows.
when it says reset all to factory setting and install latest firmware...click cancell...you will already be on iphone home page on itune..then press shift + restore...and lead to firmware 3.0...this will install firmware 3.0.
then you should use redsn0w to unlock and jailbreak firmware 3.0.

after that your phone will work...so then if you want 3.1.2, you should download the custome firmware and follow the procedure available on net already for windows users....

Keo
October 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

So because I updated to 3.1.2, and it automatically changes the firmware to 05.11.07, I pretty much screwed any chances of unlocking the phone?? Someone please help, I need to unlock ASAP...

Prince
October 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

well..if you use redsn0w to unlock 3.1.2, it takes forever and nothing happens...you should reinstall firmware 3.0 first..read below...

Prince
October 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM

this same same thing happened to me...
read what i said above, should solve your problem...
there is no unlocking for windows users on 3.1.2 available yet...
so you need first downgrade your firmware to 3.0.

Prince
October 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I have pretty much no idea about firmware 05.11.07..but what i am sure of is that when i accidentally upgraded to 3.1.2, my phone also must have upgraded firmware 05.11.07...
but following the above procedure...helped me downgrade to 3.0 and unlock it with redsn0w..now phone is unlocked and i am already using it...firmware is 3.0 now on my phone...
it should work buddy...
once you do that...then you can restore to custome 3.1.2 available on net and have 3.1.2 unlocked phone i guess..
but i am waiting for the windows version of unlock arrives...now...:)

Jen
October 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Hey everyone if you updated your firmware to 3.1.2 by mistake like I did there is a way to down grade it back to 3.0. You need to download the 3.0 ipsw file first then save it to your desktop, right click on it and hit copy, then open Itunes and restore the Iphone. It will try to update it to 3.1.2 but that's ok. It will say downloading updates, then when it says extracting you need to be ready to quickly replace the file with the 3.0 firmware. Itunes will extract the file to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (or user name)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates. Make sure you have this folder open and ready to go. You can not replace it until it is fully done extracting so once it finishes extracting the file it will say preparing Iphone for restore, that's when you need to quickly delete the 3.1.2 extracted file and paste the 3.0 ipsw file and it will restore the Iphone to 3.0 and then you will be able to jailbreak it and unlock it. If you do it right it will work 100%. I only figured it out because I sat here for a few hours trying to jailbreak it and updated it by mistake. Don't be an idiot like I was and try to jailbreak it with a T-mobile card in it cuz it won't work. It took me quite a while to realize my stupidity there.

Keo
October 22, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Yes, I've tried that...shift + restore....but it stops in the middle...doesn't finish..gives me an error right before it restores firmware to 3.0...I just think I messed it up when I upgraded it the first time, because it installed 05.11.07...with that firmware there isn't a way to unlock just yet. I gotta find an alternative way around 05.11.07 to downgrade back to 3.0. But how?? I keep getting error message when i try to downgrade.

Keo
October 22, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Can you unlock phone using PwnageTool 3.1.4 (ONLY FOR Mac) even tho it has a firmware of 05.11.07??? I read somewhere that if you have that firmware, you are unable to unlock. There isn't any software out there yet for it. I don't have a Mac, so I was just curious if it did work.

wwe
October 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Prince,

could please say which iphone you have i.e. 3g 3gs or first generation. As i believe this will only work on 1st gen iphone. I hope iam wrong and you have a 3g. I wait your reply before trying this on my 3g locked phone

cheers

wwe

October 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM

is it working on iphone 3GS Jen ?

Prince
October 22, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I am sorry, Its 1st Gen...iphone...not on 3G and 3GS....
but I believe this might work on 3G as well...as one of my friends have a 3G and it worked for him as well...
its just restoring it back...

Prince
October 22, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Keo, just may be....before i did all those above, I have tried blackra1n to jailbreak my locked phone...the program pretty much said jail broke successfully, but phone was locked...
so it may have been, that my phone was jailbroken first...so i didnt get any errors in the middle...
the process went smoothly...
try it as well to see...coz there is no otherway out there yet..

October 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM

go tio blackrain you can use that to jailbreak the phone but anyone upgraded to 3.1.2 has no way as of this time to unlock the phone again

saurabhdas
October 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM

All understood but the quarry is, will it jail break an iphone 3GS which is now at 3.1 upgraded from 3.0.1. Now it is in firmware 05.11.07. I can downgrade it and get it to DFU mode but i have never previously jail broken it. I am a windows user. It is written if i get an custom iphone 3G ipsw from some where but which one of the custom ipsw coz there are different versions in it. Service provider is O2. Plz guide
saurabh.

Keo
October 22, 2009 at 2:58 AM

I have a 3G

Keo
October 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Did you do this on windows or Mac??

Rene
October 22, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Thanks for your comments.
In fact I don't want a unlock..I have a orginal unlocked sms card.
I would like only the jailbreak..Is it possible after only a upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.2 ? I toke the orginal update from Itunes.
The jailbreak in 3.0 worked perfect with quickpwn.
Dot I have to restore my Iphone with 3.0 ?

October 22, 2009 at 7:17 AM

my iphone 3G has been updated to the baseband 05.11.07 version 3.1.2 PLEASE i wan to know how can i unlock it so i can use the phone

geert
October 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM

>> KEO .. if i read your earlier postings i see you had already a problem by downloading the ipsw files. they shouldn't be downloaded as .zip files. This happens when you use Safari or IE. Try using firefox instead.

>> all .. does anyone know how to proceed on an expensive lockfree iphone to jailbreak it. My last atempt on the 3.0.1 version caused me a problem finding my carrier.
After reinstal it worked again, but not jailbroken. Now i've upgraded to 3.1.2 and it works fine, but i wanna jailbreak it to use the other progs...
any info's?

geert
October 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM

don't use the zip files... change the browser you're using

Xabi
October 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hi Jen

You're trying to say that the unlock won't work with a T-mobile SIM card?

kk
October 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM

You can jailbreak 3.1.2
and you can see cydia.
You just can not unlock 3.1.2

angela
October 23, 2009 at 12:16 AM

can you tell me if I used itunes to update to 3.1 and had phone jailbreak to 3.1, would i then use itunes to upgrade to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak? thx for your help, i'm not going to pay anymore money for what i can do myself.

wwe
October 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM

i have 3g with 3.1.2 firmwere and latest baseband 05.11.07 will this unlock my iphone?

wwf
October 23, 2009 at 5:59 AM

u need to wait for the unlock
wwe

frankie
October 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM

i just upgraded, i have t-mobile my baseband is 05.11.07 am i s.o.l?

JQ
October 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Yes! you can... but you have to downgrade the baseband to 04.26.08 with fuzzyband, you can download it from Cydia, follow the instructions and thats it! One more thing... Your iphone must be of the first 3g not the new-ones. Hopefully this could help

JP
October 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Redsnow doesnt recognize the latest firmware for 3.1.2

Anything?

Javier
October 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem as JP...it says: "Unable to recognize specified IPSW". Any help would be appreciated.

Raman
October 23, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Hey guys instead of 3.1.2 let redsn0w to recognise firmware 3.1 it will definately work .... 3.1 works for 3.1.2 as 3.0 works for 3.0.1 in redsn0w unless use Blackra1n

JP
October 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I am deleting the firmware and downloading it again...

It gives me the option to DL it via iTunes but i just right click and save link as...

What is the difference?

Michael T.
October 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I just jailbreak my Iphone 3.1.2 and i have the main screen. also can be conected to internet and blabla.... whats the next step so i can use any sim card i want?

pls help.. im a bit rookie on this matter

Michael T.
October 24, 2009 at 12:16 AM

just jailbreak my Iphone 3.1.2 and i have the main screen. also can be conected to internet and blabla…. whats the next step so i can use any sim card i want?

pls help.. im a bit rookie on this matter

In addition my Modem Firmware is 5.11.07 can i unlock it?

October 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Hello to all.
I am going to the US tomorrow. with the USD at 1,5 to the euro...
Do you know if apple sells 3GS without contract? If I buy one will I be able to unlock it and use my Italian SIM?
Thanks

October 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Ok this might work go to YouTube and search how to downgrade iPhone from 3.1.2 and it should be one of a iTunes screen on ta iPhone rats ta pic hope it works it worked for me.

Hassan
October 24, 2009 at 2:45 AM

I'm having the same proble Iphone 3G with 3.1.2 and can't unlock it.As you said downgrade the baseband with fuzzyband, but the question how will i do that?Should I downgarade my 3.1.2 firmware using itunes 8.2 to 3.0 firmware and then downgrade my baseband.

Well,I have tried downgrading but it freezes in the middle,I can't do anything.I think i should just wait for 3.1.2 unlock.Pleae if there's a way out,holla at me and explain step by step.

ARUN
October 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM

pls help me, i have iphone 3g with 3.0 firmwere and latest baseband 05.11.07 and Bootloader Version 06.02 can we unlock my iphone?

matty
October 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM

roman.... 3.1 still says its unrecognised

matty
October 24, 2009 at 1:49 PM

how do you use Blackra1n?