Home » » iPhone 3.1.2 download links

iPhone 3.1.2 download links

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 8, 2009 | 6:02 AM

iPhone 3.1.2 download links

Today Apple released the iPhone 3.1.2 update for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch users. Some users are having difficulty downloading the update through iTunes. If you're one of these users, you can download the iPhone 3.1.2 firmware directly using the links below. Just download and then restore through iTunes

Remember, if you have a jailbreak or unlock you will loose it right now.

Note: Don't use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.

The iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak has not been released yet.

October 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM

You guys... ROCK!!!

Thanks for all the great updates.

nordin
October 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM

The ipod touch 3.1.2 i already test the jailbreak using the blackra1n.exe and working fine.

not yet test for the iphone. Hope working well also.

nordin
October 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM

can use safari to download but need to rename the file by removing .zip at the end of file.

Folder options/View at the window to un-tick the "hide extensions for the known file types" to see the file types.

November 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

which one is for iphone 2G
please tell me........

kaleem
November 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I already updated my iphone 2.2 to 3.1.2 and unlocked it, but out going calls are not going, please help me what I should do.

December 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM

you can download in Safari,

Preferences>General>deselect "Open "safe" files after downloading"

will stop all that annoying behaviour

Sani
December 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM

after I download the the file 3GS 3.1.2, now how to restore it using my itunes to the iphone. please help.

ABDULLAH
December 29, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Hey Sani , Press SHIFT + Restore and then choose the File ..

Jose
December 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I downloaded 3.1.2 for my 2G ipod touch but i used my psp web browser and when i open 3.1.2 on Itunes on my PC it says Ipod in recovery mode and my ipod is jailbroken on 3.1 firmware,any help please and thank u?

December 31, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Hey Hans, just a heads up, Chrome for Mac is also downloading as .zip The only one that seems to download correctly is Firefox.
Thanks for the links.
Regards.

kay
January 10, 2010 at 9:17 PM

i have a 2g ipod touch. which of these files should i download?

Berto
January 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM

so...i downloaded this because my pwnage tool couldn't initially find a firmware bundle >>>

now i have a menu of things to do before i "BUILD" >> am i on the right track to unlocking the phone?...

do i NEED to unlock it if I already have service AT&T for it?...or should i wait for the JAILBREAK for this...

i just want to get to the superuser root and use my phone as a computer!

lol

Ergun
January 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

thanks for perfectly written and clear explanations specially for Nordin about changing the file name :))))

kn0wfe4r
February 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Thank you guys very much!!

I can imagine you're about to get rather busy.

Daniel
February 4, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Thanks!!!

singh
February 5, 2010 at 1:10 PM

hi
i download 3.1.3in my iphone.now how can i downloadblackrain software in it.plz help me
thax

February 7, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I updated to 3.1.3 like a dummy and my phone is no longer jailbroken...is there any way i can restore back to 3.1.2

ghostgirl333
February 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM

If you updated your iPhone to the 3.1.3 version you are no longer jailbroken and can't use blackrain or any other of the programs out there to jailbreak and/or unlock your phone. There is not going to be a fix for this anytime soon either, if you haven't read up on it already. Also, it's almost impossible to downgrade back to 3.1.2 unless you have saved files properly in Cydia. I tried it and it looked like it was going to work but then iTunes gave me an error message when it was about 90% done. They obviously don't want us going back to the older version! Good luck.

Benjie
February 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM

hey, so i updated to 3.1.3 by accident...
wanted to restore, i did this to iphone 3gs, and it wouldnt let me for some reason? should i just restore?

February 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM

i did chose a file but it didnt work

ahmed
February 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

sorry singh there is no blackrain for it tell now
;0

JT
February 16, 2010 at 3:45 PM

ghostgirl333 is absolutely correct...happened to me too
Snowleopard w iTunes 9.0.3

drew
February 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM

can u press 'shift' on ur keyboard while u click restore in iTunes? then ur saved files will come up, where ever u saved it, find it, then double click it, i hope that helped...

March 1, 2010 at 6:21 AM

I downloaded the file and changed the .zip to .ipsw and it didn't work. it says the device isn't eligible for the requested build. what do I do?

nick
March 4, 2010 at 3:28 AM

you need to join the files together. you can use hjsplit or hjsplitter(i forget)

March 5, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Also, people should avoid using Internet Explorer to download it too. It tries to save it as a .ZIP format.

James
March 5, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Google chrome seems to work ok.

The builder
March 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Everyone should use firefox. It makes life a whole lot easier

Paul B
March 14, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Why has no one mentioned I-Tunes?
Tha fastest and easiest way to update Your I-Phone is to download and set up I-tunes on Your PC. With I-Tunes open, just plug in Your I-Phone and it automatically asks if You want to update.

G-A
March 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM

no one mentions iTunes because they've already had problems downloading it on there, or are given a newer update that doesnt allow easy unlocking so they searched the Internet and found this page dummy! We dont want the iTunes update, or we may want it but iTunes wont let us have it. Dont ask dumb questions.

Meneldur
March 17, 2010 at 9:55 AM

That is SO true...

March 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Guys I have downloaded this with google chrome and it is only 1 file. it is named: iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

Now when I try to restore or update with Shift + Click it will say that it will not do it because " the device isn’t eligible for the requested build" :S

I mean it is only 1 file which it has to be so I do not need to rejoin it with anything and it should work right ?

Tell me if I am doing something wrong. Current phone: iPhone 3GS 32GB Black running 3.1.3

Thanks for your attention,

XeqtR

Sean
March 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Turn off "automatically open downloaded file" (or something like that) under preferrence=>general. Safari will then leave it alone.

Robert Jackson
March 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

The Apple server is blocking the install. You need to trick iTunes into thinking the install is authorized.

On a Mac, go to /etc/hosts.
On a PC, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
Open the file in a text editor (Administrator for Windows Vista/7) and add the following entry at the bottom of the file: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
Save the file, close the editor, verify that the change was written by reopening the file, close again and THEN try to install.

Kaisey
March 27, 2010 at 1:18 PM

it means your itouch cant downgrade :( srry hopefully there will be another jailbreak for 3.1.3.

ads
March 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Just wanted to say that i updated the host file and this did work. I'm on Vista and although i am an adminstrator on my account, i had to open word pad as an administrator (right click when opening word pad) to save the addition to the host file.

next time itunes allowed 3.1.2 to install without the error message.

Robert Jackson - thanks for this.

me
April 4, 2010 at 8:01 AM

I added it to the end of the file and got the same error??? any solutions???